Profile for Catherine Burns > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Catherine Burns RSS Feed (Bermuda)

On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep
On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep
by Robert Bucknam
397 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Combined with commen sense, this is an amazing book!, May 2, 2008
I think some of the people who don't like this book have missed the point! The authors take pains to say that Parent Directed Feeding (PDF) should ONLY be used as a guideline.... they say that if your baby is hungry, feed them. They don't advocate that babies are left to "cry it out" although they do say there is no harm letting them cry for 10/15 minutes to see if they will re-settle (I lasted about 5 minutes!)
I devoured this book as a first time Mum, with no idea of how to start scheduling my little one. I used their method of Eat-Activity-Sleep as a guideline and it totally transformed my life. However, I didn't stress if we missed the odd nap or fed a little earlier or later. If you use this method as a framework to base your own instinct on, then you can get fabulous results. Our girl still wakes once in the night, but she's only 4 months old and that's fine by me! She is a totally happy little soul and I'm convinved that much of that has to do with the confidence that this book gave me!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2012 6:11 PM PST