Profile for Susan Schenck > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 706

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Susan Schenck "award-winning author of four books" RSS Feed (Cuenca, Ecuador)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Yacon Syrup - 100% Pure Yacon Root - Healthy Natural Sugar Substitute - Superfood with Prebiotic's and Antioxidants - Metabolism Booster and Natural Appetite Suppressant that Burns Belly Fat - High in Fiber - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by North Sea Nutri
Price: $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good taste, very healthful, and great for weight loss and control!, July 27, 2014
I am a real conesseuir of yacon root syrup, having used it almost a decade. This one tastes as good as any I've tried. I love pouring it over steamed squash, using it instead of brown sugar. I use it in all my desserts, maybe cutting it with raw honey.

This stuff is great for watching your weight for a couple of reasons: it has half the calories of honey, and is low glycemic. Basically, it is the ONLY guilt-free sweetener that tastes good and is healthful! I am aware of the high price of yacon root, but have found over the years that it is worth it as it's gotten me off sugar and overly sweet desserts.

Susan Schenck, award-winning author of The Live Food Factor: The Comprehensive Guide to the Ultimate Diet for Body, Mind, Spirit & Planet
and
Beyond Broccoli, Creating a Biologically Balanced Diet When a Vegetarian Diet Doesn't Work

MIRA Brands 3-Container Leak Proof Stainless Steel Lunch box
MIRA Brands 3-Container Leak Proof Stainless Steel Lunch box
Price: $23.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Nontoxic food storage, July 27, 2014
I love this set of stainless steel containers for leftovers. They keep the food fresh without adding toxins that come from plastics. This is especially important when storing foods that have acids (like tomato sauce) which could cause the plastics to erode a bit, leeching toxins into the food. These are great not only for food storage, but also for taking lunches.

and

Don't Die with Your Music Still in You: My Experience Growing Up with Spiritual Parents
by Serena Dyer
Price: $11.34
43 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute MUST READ for all parents!, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
An absolute MUST READ for all parents! This book will make you wish you had had Wayne as a father. But perhaps you can pass much of this wisdom to your own children or grandchildren.

In 2001, Wayne wrote a book for his kids---10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace. Now one of his daughters has written a book using the secrets as the title of each of her chapters and explaining how that wisdom affected HER life. The book is filled with anecdotes of her growing up with Wayne as a father and how her parents taught her to follow her heart in life, how to not follow the herd, how to think positively, how to recognize her own divinity, how not to gossip, etc. The book truly answers the question, "What was it like to have Wayne as a father?" But Serena does a great job in acknowledging the "woman behind the man," her mother (who is now also writing a book!)

The book is filled with great quotes, many original from the author, as well as from famous people. There are also many personal Wayne stories likely not published in other books, as well as many from the author. One I enjoyed most was that Serena was born with symptoms of autism. She was speaking a gibberish language and a woman at a store recognized it Vietnamese. A healer told them she had died traumatically in the Vietnam war. All the love they gave her healed. her. Another great story is Wayne's demonstration to his family about how being kind is more important than being right--he turned a mean waitress in their fave restaurant into someone very loving!

Another thing emphasized in the book is the importance of utilizing the last five minutes before you sleep to create what you want.

There are lots of great insights here, and many of the points you may already know--but the book gives further demonstration and inspiration that these spiritual laws work!

Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Offered by Etailz
Price: $18.55
3 used & new from $18.55

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed using this for a couple of weeks, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really enjoyed using this for a couple of weeks. It felt good on my skin and I was seeing results. It's a truly great product, Apparently the TSA thought so too, because the product was missing and I found a TSA inspection card in my luggage. Oh well, in all fairness, the people inspecting my suitcase may have accidentally forgot to put it back. Or, perhaps they had read the label and noted the fine ingredients!

The Quilotoa Loop: Ecuador’s Hidden Treasure

Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity / Bathroom Scale, "Smart Step-On" Technology, Tempered Glass Platform and Large Backlight Display
Price: $18.95
2 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars ) I was amazed at how precise the scales were, July 7, 2014
I used these scales to weight not only myself, but also some packages I was mailing. (I weighed myself first, then carrying the packages, subtracting my own weight.) I was amazed at how precise the scales were, and how accurate when I got to the post office. I also used them to get a reading on my suitcases, since I am allowed only 50 pounds. I compared these with other bathroom scales and found these easier to use and more precise, as they go to the decimal of a pound.

Susan Schenck, award-winning author of The Live Food Factor, Beyond Broccoli, and three travel books

The Alkaline Cure: Lose Weight, Gain Energy and Feel Young
The Alkaline Cure: Lose Weight, Gain Energy and Feel Young
by Dr. Stephan Domenig
Price: $19.23
43 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One thing I like about this one is its simplicity, July 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have read several books on the importance of alkalinity. One thing I like about this one is its simplicity, not only in the scientific explanation, but also in the diet itself. While most authors recommend a 4:1 ratio (80% alkaline, 20% acidic), Dr. Domenig says it's enough to go 2:1, though 4:1 is best the first few weeks.

The author states, "Medical school told me everything I wanted to know about diseases and illnesses from a genetic or biochemical standpoint but there was nothing about what it means to be healthy." He got that part from a book written in 1921 by Dr. Mayr, "Fundamentals of the Diagnosis of Digestive Illnesses."

This book instructs on how to test your level most accurately, how to recognize when you are too acidic (and the vast majority of us are), what foods are most alkaline/acidic (watch out for alcohol and too much protein), what superfoods to incorporate, how to create an alkaline kitchen, and much more. There is a fairly large recipe section as well.

I had had some mysterious bloating and constipation, but after following some of his advice (especially chewing the food 50 times!) I've gotten much better. He also explains that one should avoid raw vegetables after 4:00 PM due to fermentation. This new info seemed to be missing links for my digestion.

The book explains how going alkaline not only improves health in all areas (including bone density), but also beauty, as your skin, hair and nails excel.

Susan Schenck, award-winning author of The Live Food Factor

Alaska Bear® Hot Pink Hair Brush Professional Detangling Shower Brush for Wet or Dry Hair(Nice pack, best gift for Women and Teen girls)
Offered by AccMarket
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Massages scalp gently and doesn't pull hairs out, June 20, 2014
I really enjoy this brush. I have used it for several days and have noticed that it doesn't pull hairs out like most brushes, so I don't see a bunch of hairs in it. It feels great on the scalp, gently massaging it while detangling my hair. After using it, my hair has a real full-body look to it.

Susan Schenck, award winning author of The Live Food Factor and Beyond Broccoli

Alaska Bear - Extra Large Size 100% Pure Silk Eye Mask Sleeping Mask Eyeshade(Black) - BETTER than SATIN, COTTON or POLYESTER materials - NO 'odor' or dyes problem
Offered by AccMarket
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A comfortable blackout, June 16, 2014
I am a VERY light sleeper. If there is any light in the room, even an alarm clock, my brain won't produce enough melotonin to sleep. If the sleeping mask is not soft enough or the elastic band is too tight, I won't sleep. This one fits perfectly and is soft enough that I can sleep well with it. I highly recommend it. It's great for traveling because you just never know if your hotel will have blackout curtains or lights from electronic appliances.

Susan Schenck, author of The Live Food Factor and Beyond Broccoli

HomeFlav Adorables Kitchen Timer Tomato
HomeFlav Adorables Kitchen Timer Tomato
Offered by Before Trend
Price: $1.31
6 used & new from $1.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and accurate, June 2, 2014
I used this to time food such as soft boiled eggs. The ring is loud enough to hear in another room. Because the timing of soft boiled eggs is a very precise and narrow window, I compared it to the computer clock for accuracy and found this gadget to be accurate.

The Quilotoa Loop: Ecuador’s Hidden Treasure

HomeFlav 11.75" Non-ticking Silent Quartz Wall Clock - digital, modern,vintage,large,decorative, contemporary,kitchen wall clock
Offered by HomeFlav
Price: $16.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, accurate, large clock, June 2, 2014
This clock can be placed anywhere and runs on one small AA battery, so even if the electricity goes out, the time is accurate. The clock on my frig broke, so now I use this one on top of the refrigerator. It's easy to see from a distance since it's a larger than usual clock. The clock has been up about a week and the time is still what my computer shows it to be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20