Profile for Check em > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Check em RSS Feed

Horizon Fitness T101-3 Treadmill
Horizon Fitness T101-3 Treadmill

4.0 out of 5 stars Good entry level treadmill, July 3, 2012
Treadmill came today, took about an hour to set it up, plugged it in and it worked. I'm about 6'0", 205 lbs, so I had some concerns about the sturdiness of the treadmill. Turns out I had nothing to be worried about. The treadmill took a beating from me, 10 minute run at 6 MPH (no incline) just to test it out. Every step felt cushioned and stable, very happy. There are a couple of programs for any slow or fast paced workout you desire.

Built in speakers sound decent at low to moderate volume levels, get completed distorted at higher volume levels, and the bass is garbage. Didn't care much for this feature anyway. Built in fan is pretty weak even at the highest setting, use your own. Heart rate monitor doesn't know what it's talking about, again, didn't care for this feature.

Overall, I'm pleased with this purchase. Got it for just under $500, a fair price for a sturdy treadmill. If you're more of a sprinter, I suggest putting down a few more hundred bucks for something that was made to endure that kind of usage. I only intend to use this as a light jogging/walking and it does the job.

Side note on delivery: Read some horror stories about delivery, mine went as smooth as silk. Had it delivered by CEVA. They called me up to make sure I was at home, delivered the treadmill on time, and even helped me take it into my home.

Will update if anything goes wrong.

Spalding Never Flat Football - Full Size
Spalding Never Flat Football - Full Size
Price: $18.99
11 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, April 15, 2012
I bought this football back in January. I've played with it for about an hour a day since purchase, and it hasn't lost a single ounce of air. It's still as firm as the day I got it. Some of the ball coating is starting to wear off but that's expected due to heavy use. I can see this football going another year before I have to buy a new one, would purchase again.

Kodak 50121 Double Layer DVD+R DL
Kodak 50121 Double Layer DVD+R DL
Price: $29.99
16 used & new from $24.30

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, March 13, 2012
I've used 10 or so of these discs so far, mostly for Xbox 360 games (XGD2 and 3). I'm actually pretty happy with the results because there has only been one bad burn and I'm fairly sure it was my fault. I've burned each disk at 3x speed with a laptop dvd drive, no hiccups. I don't suspect I'll have any problems with the remaining discs. Like all media discs, use a lower speed to burn your media, unless you want to start a coaster collection. I think I will purchase these discs again if everything goes smoothly with the rest.

3/29/12 Update: 20 discs burned - 18 successful burns, 2 coasters. No performance issues with burned discs.
4/15/12 Update: 30 discs burned - 25 successful burns, 5 coasters.
4/29/12 Update: Used up all 50 discs. In the end, only 38 discs were successfully burned. I wasted about seven discs using my desktop burner, which burned at 4x speed. The ones that were successfully burned were burned at 3x or lower, using my newish laptop burner. Don't cheap out on your burner, and use a slower speed.

When I bought these discs at $23, I'd completely recommend buying these discs, even if I only got 38 discs out of them. At $28.47, I'm not sure I'd recommend the discs at this price. I'd buy them again at $23 or less.

Alexander Revisited / Troy / 300 (Triple-Feature) [Blu-ray]
Alexander Revisited / Troy / 300 (Triple-Feature) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Gerard Butler
Price: $14.96
54 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, January 24, 2012
Just a heads up, Alexander is split on two discs. Disc one has the first two hours of the film, and disc two has the last hour of the film plus extras (see this thread for more info: [...]. You'll have to swap out discs to watch the entire final cut. All three films share one thick case with a slipcover. Each movie has its special features. Picture and audio quality are great for all three films. For under $17, its a great deal, even though Alexander is average at best.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2012 10:17 AM PST