Profile for Kevin O'Grady > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin O'Grady "An 80's Music Buff" RSS Feed (Georgia)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived fully discharged, February 7, 2011
Purchased this right before Christmas as my wife had mentioned we should have an extiguisher in the kitchen. Opened up the Amazon box to find powder all over inside and when I looked at the gauge, it showed it fully discharged. Called Amazon and they sent out a replacement which arrived intact and told me that I need to dispose of the broken one per local laws as I could not ship it back to them. Two weeks later, I get an email from Amazon telling me that they had not received the broken one back and that they were going to charge me for the replacement. Had to call AGAIN to have them reverse the charges. There is definitely a problem with the packaging or manufacturing of this extinguisher if so many of them are arriving discharged.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2011 8:33 AM PDT

Toy Story Mania! - Nintendo Wii
Toy Story Mania! - Nintendo Wii
Offered by marvelio
Price: $20.22
85 used & new from $3.64

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have been on the Disney Ride, you will love this game!, September 15, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Early this year Disney World debuted a new ride at Hollywood Studios named Toy Story Mania.....well this is like being on the ride from the comfort of your living room! I ordered this on pre-order and it arrived today, the day of release. It was fun for the whole family. The kids were so excited during each section of the game....they would say "Hey, I remember this part from the ride!".

Game play is simple....aim and shoot pies, balls, etc at the targets.

The 3D levels were ok.....the glasses gave me a bit of a headache, but my kids loved it.

I gave it 4 stars because it doesn't use the Mii profiles. The profiles are there so you don't have to always type in your name and to be able to keep a tally on your performance.....yet they don't do that.

As far as game play, I can see that this might get a little boring after a while and it won't be a top played game in our house after the newness wears off, but when we miss Disney and want a piece of the magic and feel like we are playing on the ride, we can pull it out and have some fun!

Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth Cell Phone Headset
Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth Cell Phone Headset
Offered by DirectDeals4U
Price: $39.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you are NOT on the go, January 9, 2006
Pros:

1. Best sound I've heard yet on a bluetooth headset

2. Others heard me great, with little ambient noise.

3. Pairing with Treo was easy and no issues

Cons:

1. With Treo 650, got static when in my pocket, even on same side

2. Ear gels just weren't comfortable in my ear

3. Ear gel and ear clip would not stay on when I put in my pocket. This is a HUGE issue for me. I am on the go, and don't want to leave a headset on all the time. When the phone rings, and I go to grab the headset from my pocket, I need it to be ready. The gel "locks" on with a 1/4 turn, but getting knocked around in my pocket, it would pop off.

4. The "case", although it looks cool initially, did not work for me. In my shirt pocket, the ear gel looked people in the face...people would say "e[...] wax". There was no way to cover the ear gel or hide it other than in my pants pocket. Then it would either fall off or get dirty.

5. Ear gel blocked out too much outside noise for my liking. If I am driving, I do want to leave in all the time so I don't have to fumble around if someone calls. Problem is that it blocked out part of the music from my stereo, etc, and it felt uncomfortable after a while when not on the phone, but hearing only from 1 ear.

Conclusion: It just didn't work for me. If the case covered or protected the ear gel, then maybe it would have been a better design.

I see this as a great headset for someone sitting at their desk who wants to be hands/wire free, or someone who wants it in the car. If you wear a suit and have an inside pocket for the "pen" style holder, then that might work well too. It doesn't work for tech people that are on the go, usually in casual clothes, with it banging around in a pocket.

Medisana Ultrasonic Personal Humidifier
Medisana Ultrasonic Personal Humidifier
Offered by Parisa of London
Price: $99.90
2 used & new from $99.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little humidifier we've ever owned, November 1, 2005
I've been through dozens of humidifiers. My favorites have always been the ultrasonic Cool Mist ones, but after a little while, there is always scale buildup, problems and I end up throwing them away.

My son got the Croup the night before we were heading to Disney, and the hospital had told me to get a cool mist humidifier to help him breath at night. We ran out to the store and I found this little gem.

The size was perfect for traveling, and he loved the blue nightlight.

The best part is that I've had ZERO scale build up....and the cleanup is simple.

The small size is great for traveling, but the drawback is that it doesn't hold enough water. They claim 9-12 hours, but in reality, with the fan turned on to increase the flow, we were getting about 6 hours. Still great for traveling, but I would love to have the exact design in a bigger size for permanant home use.

I'm going to order a couple of extras so we have one for each of the kid's rooms.

Passporter Walt Disney World 2005: Deluxe Starter Kit The Unique Travel Guide, Planner, Journal, Organizer, And Keepsake!
by Jennifer Watson
11 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Carried this for our entire trip, September 27, 2005
LOVE this book. I wouldn't recommend anything but the Deluxe. The Leather bound book is great. The included Maps of the parks were GREAT. We carried this book into every park.

I was able to write up my own Itinerary and touring guide based off of info from the Passporter as well as tourguidemike.com and other resources and put it right in the book. The Passporter gives sample touring guides and lots of info on the Disney Resorts, Parks, restaurants and recreation. Sure, a lot of it could be found on line, but this is all in one place and readily accessible.

I recommend this in addition to other research and resources. You can never be prepared enough for Disney!!!

Monster Cable MV2AV25-1M Monster Video 2/Interlink 250 A/V Connection Kit (RCA) 1 m. set (3.28 ft.) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is important, unfortunately, Monster is not Quality, February 16, 2005
One thing I read once and now believe...reserve about 10% of your home theatre budget for cables (If you are spending or plan on spending $5000.00 on TV, surround sound, speakers, etc, then plan on spending about $500.00 for cables.

But, Monster cables are overpriced, pieces of junk. I've spent a lot of money on cables and used to get Monster cables. I've had numerous cables fall apart in my hands, had ones that introduced video and audio noise and were actually worse than the junk cables that come with a component.

That coupled with the fact that Monster Cables is suing everyone on the planet that uses the name Monster in it (including Monster Garage, Monster.com, etc), I would stay far, far away from them!

Invest your money on good cables, but not Monster.

Mega Force
Mega Force
Offered by Renaissance Records AZ
Price: $9.99
13 used & new from $8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe I found this on CD!, February 16, 2005
This review is from: Mega Force (Audio CD)
I happened upon the Vinyl album of 707 Megaforce in the mid-80's in a closout bin. Something just drew me to it, and when I saw a thank you to REO Speedwagon on the liner notes, I figured I would give them a try.

I LOVED this album. Later on, after Journey broke up, a couple of members formed "The Storm" and their lead singer was Kevin Chalfont who is the lead for 707. I instantly recognized the voice and "The Storm" is one of my favorite CD's in my collection.

I searched for 707 a while back and couldn't find it on CD. I figured it was such an obscure album that it would never be on CD. I was getting ready to pull out the Vinyl and make MP3's out of it when low and behold, I found it on Amazon!

Can't wait to hear "MegaForce", "We Will Last", "Heartbeat" and the rest of the great songs on this CD!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, Underated film, April 26, 2000
Someone mentioned this movie to me (I had never heard of it!), so I rented it. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We have seen it at least 4 times now. I was never a Denis Leary fan, but he is really good in this movie. Kevin Spacey is also fantastic in this movie. The Christmas dinner is definitely one of the funniest scenes.

Lightning
Lightning
by Dean Koontz
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
281 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Koontz books!, October 25, 1998
This review is from: Lightning (Mass Market Paperback)
My first Koontz book...I was hooked after this one! Great character development, very interesting plot and some on the edge of your seat reading! I thoroughly enjoyed this one....