Profile for R Stephenson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R Stephenson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh (4A Output) 3-Port Portable External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for USB Devices
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $99.99
6 used & new from $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Tascam DR-60D, August 13, 2014
Awesome battery. I bought 2 to use on my DR-60D Tascams so I wouldn't have to change out my batteries 45 minutes into a recording (Eneloops). They're a little heavier than I'd hoped and slightly curved so attaching them will require some experimentation. Otherwise, they're great.

Kamerar TK-3 Aluminum DSLR Camera Cage Kit for Canon 5D mark II 7D 70D 60D w/15mm Rod RIG
Offered by Photo Smart
Price: $183.99
2 used & new from $173.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cage, April 10, 2014
Like all new endeavors, you're never sure what is a 'fair' price to pay for tools, etc. I was a little put off by the almost 200 price but am glad I got the higher quality all metal cage rather than the mostly metal one from the same company. I took the back left bar off so I could flip open my d5300 screen completely. I also have 2 Tascam dr 60d that I mount on top of the cage (and one ntg-2). I mounted the top handle off the right side (pointing down) so that I can hold the cage at a slightly different angle. I have no qualms about the quality and would advise anyone who wants a quality budget cage to get this one.

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 4-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Charge-Only Port, 12V 3A Power Adapter and 3.5-foot USB 3.0 Cable Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Best so far, November 20, 2013
It's fast and well built. Takes up very little space and it's multi-voltage. I'm not sure if the 2.1a will be enough for future tablets, etc.

Creation, Power and Truth: The gospel in a world of cultural confusion
Creation, Power and Truth: The gospel in a world of cultural confusion
Price: $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarity at its best, October 7, 2013
As usual, Wright is able to state and clarify issues so concisely, it feels like he's untangling and joining the 'almost there' connections I've had for a long time. It's the 'of course' moment at the same time realizing you've learned something new. I only wish this could get ahold of Dallas Theological School and their seemingly endless energy to yell 'run, run' - what a difference it would be to have them working on redemption of creation instead.

5 X D-Ring Hinged Screw 1/4" w 4mm Hex Head 15mm Shaft for QR Plate Stainless Steel
Offered by OEC Camera Accessories
Price: $16.95
2 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, June 18, 2013
I use this to as an adapter for my BR strap and Gitzo Type C plate. I have to cut (Dremel) off about 2 mm as it's just that much too long. Otherwise, the d-ring fits the BR hook.

Gitzo GS3760C Type C Series 3 Magnesium Quick Release Adapter (Black)
Gitzo GS3760C Type C Series 3 Magnesium Quick Release Adapter (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to my equipment, June 18, 2013
I've done a DIY shoulder video mount and this is in place to allow quick switching between my Gitzo tripod and here. Funny to see an $85 part on top of $5 of PVC.

Rode Videomic Shotgun Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount (Model: VIDEOMICR)
Rode Videomic Shotgun Microphone with Rycote Lyre Mount (Model: VIDEOMICR)
Price: $149.00
34 used & new from $131.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to my kit but quality still under testing, May 12, 2013
I use a Nikon and Zoom H1 for my video recordings. This mic is of course miles ahead of any camera mic but I'm still doing my testing as to the improvements (if any) over a mic like the Azden.
The shock mount seems to work well enough but I find the coiled cord a little short. I'm mounting my Zoom down below the camera and the cord pulls the shock mount to one side. It's not enough to make pieces touch but it's still distracting enough to make you wonder if it will.
My last recordings were of my kids concerts and the SPL was really high but this mic registered low and I had to turn the Zoom up to 70 to make it audible. You can check out a video at [...] for a sample.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to my kit but quality still under testing, May 9, 2013
My last recordings were of my kids concerts and the SPL was really high but this mic registered low and I had to turn the Zoom up to 70 to make it audible. You can check out that video on youtube if you look for 'QA Choir Final' .

Sennheiser OMX 980 High Fidelity In-Ear Headphone with Flexible Ear Hooks and Intergrated Volume Control (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by in-ear-com
Price: $184.34
4 used & new from $114.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound / Strange Breakage, September 7, 2012
As others have said, these are somewhat confusing in that they produce great sound but the fit is an issue depending on your ear. My ear is about 2mm too small between the Tragus and the Concha at the beginning of the external ear canal. This means that the bud doesn't push in as deeply as it should to get the best base response. A slight pressure on it confirms that there is a lot more base there. That being said, I found all the mids and highs clear and pleasant (warm?) to listen to. I didn't think they would hold up against my Sennheiser 555's but I can see different situations for both without feeling like I had compromised too much.

Now for the break that happened. I'm careful with my buds but about 1 week after use, the second 'rib' on the left ear hook broke between the outer part and the main structure. At the time, I couldn't imagine what was going on - I didn't cut it or anything. I tried to glue it but it's that type of rubber that won't hold any glue. I considered returning them at that point, but decided I would try to keep using them. 2 days later, the whole back part on the left side broke off at the same place where the rib first become separated. ???? I have no explanation as to why but it happened. Luckily the purchase was within Amazon's 1 month window so they are being replaced by another pair.

The rest of the design is good - they look good and feel like they're made well (despite above). In the end, I probably would prefer a complete in-ear bud, but the price (on lightening deals) and quality make them a good purchase.

Kata KT UL-LT-318 Ultra-Light LighTri-318 Torso-Pack
Kata KT UL-LT-318 Ultra-Light LighTri-318 Torso-Pack
Offered by Ace Photo
Price: $179.00
7 used & new from $165.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and built bag even if it's a little expensive., March 21, 2011
Hi,

This is a new product (March 2011) and there were very few reviews when I bought it. I decided to make a somewhat longer video review (2 parts) which can be seen at YT - search for 'kata LighTri 318 UL part 1' and 'kata LighTri 318 UL part2' The short version - it's a well designed, well built bag if you are willing to pay. I will be using this bag for a trip to Vietnam in May so I'll try to update it after I get back. I suspect that the materials of the fabric are fairly high tech and perhaps I'm not giving enough credence to those features when talking about cost value. Also, the front and back 'pockets' are not large enough to carry all those extras that photographers seem to have. Let me know if you have any questions.

UPDATE 21/6/2011

After using this bag on my trip and several other times, I think it's the best one I've owned so far. Mostly due to its ease in putting it on and moving it around. I thought I might move my camera equipment out of it to my big Lowepro when I got back but instead I've made it my main bag to grab going out the door. I would make this a 4.5 stars if Amazon let me.

Page: 1 | 2