Profile for ArtGirl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ArtGirl RSS Feed

Medical Sociology (10th Edition)
Medical Sociology (10th Edition)
by William C. Cockerham
129 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed for Medical Sociology Class, February 17, 2012
Although it was required for my Medical Sociology class, the book is an enjoyable read. Not like a regular "textbook". Refers to current research and outcomes. It is not written in hard to understand research-type language. Good reference for reading other materials. There is an 11th edition, but our class required the 10th edition. So the author apparently keeps updating.

Mama Might Be Better Off Dead: The Failure of Health Care in Urban America
Mama Might Be Better Off Dead: The Failure of Health Care in Urban America
by Laurie Kaye Abraham
Price: $10.85
172 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs better title!, February 17, 2012
Had to read this book for a Medical Sociology course. I thought the title was a bit odd, but when I started reading the story of this one family that the author follows -- I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what happened to these people. Their story could be the story of ANY family. It is not a happy story, but it is necessary to show how some people struggle to get adequate health care. For those who have super health care plans and no problem paying their co-pays or have never had a problem finding a doctor -- this is a book you should read. Just like many people are one paycheck away from being homeless, that also means being one paycheck away from having health insurance. It shows how the US health care system has contributed to many disparities in health.

Our Unsystematic Health Care System
Our Unsystematic Health Care System
by Grace Budrys
Price: $28.45
71 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for Class, February 17, 2012
I had to purchase this book for a Medical Sociology course, but I have had a difficult time putting it down. It is an easy read, not like some of the medical journal research articles that you have to look up every word. Written in plain English. A must read for anyone who wants to know more about our health care system.

Bullitt
Bullitt
DVD ~ Steve Mcqueen
Price: $4.98
94 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Bullitt (DVD)
Have wanted this movie for a long time. DVD plays perfectly and is quite enjoyable to watch. Love the great old cars, especially the awesome 'Stang! And Steve McQueen is ... superb.

Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum (NV352)
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum (NV352)
Price: $159.00
23 used & new from $109.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it everyday!, February 17, 2012
I purchased this vacuum in December after I got tired of dragging my big and heavy "animal" vacuum up and down the stairs constantly. Upstairs is all carpet, but downstairs is a mix of hardwood, carpet and some oriental rugs. We have 1 dog and 3 cats who LOVE to leave their hair all over. This vacuum has a setting for the hardwood floor (turns beater brush off) and one for carpets. It picks up the hair on both the hardwood and the carpet. It is so light that I am not tired out or feeling like I am doing a work-out. The clear canister shows how much stuff it is picking up (YUK!), but I know that it is picking up the crumbs and hair and bits of cat food, etc. I love love the lift-off feature to vacuum the stairs. I have never had anything so easy, with good suction for the stairs. I have 2 stairways in the house, so I really need the ease of use. I love this vacuum. It is the best one I have had for the price. Has great features too. I never owned a Shark, but I would certainly purchase another one.