Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for C. E. Laing Jr. > Reviews

Browse

C. E. Laing Jr.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. E. Laing Jr. RSS Feed (Tallahassee, FL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stim-u-dent Plaque Removers Mint 100 Ea (10 Pack)
Stim-u-dent Plaque Removers Mint 100 Ea (10 Pack)
Offered by DEALS FOR ALL
Price: $20.35
24 used & new from $19.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Gums with Stum-U-Dents, January 17, 2016
In 1980 a dentist recommended the Stim-U-Dent product to me. Since then (35 years have passed) I have never been without them in my house, vehicle and anywhere I go. This product does more for your gums than anything else (my opinion, of course). Mainly, I use the picks for removing anything from between my teeth but using the picks makes your gums and mouth feel really good. If someone has teeth that really catch food (like meats, etc.) these Stim-U-Dents are really great. Every time I've gone to a dentist the lady that cleaned my teeth commented on the way my gums looked. I would usually tell them of my use of Stim-U-Dents and they would say I should use dental floss. But, I dislike using dental floss for several reasons. I don't like the way the floss feels if it is pulled out from between your teeth and rubs on your gums. And, floss is difficult to remove from between some of my teeth by pulling the floss out away from my gums because the teeth are very close together. Plus, for me dental floss is just difficult to use. The Stim-U-Dents solved my problems for a lifetime.

Another important thing is that the Stim-U-Dents are much better than regular tooth picks. Round tooth picks are too large to go easily in between my teeth and flat toothpicks break easily. The fact that the Stim-U-Dents are flat on one side and knife edge shaped on the other side is great. The design is perfect for cleaning your teeth of food and the flat side is great for massaging your gums.

I highly recommend this product to anyone and especially if you have tender gums that are not in very good condition. If you will use the product daily after you eat you'll find your gums in much better shape in just a few weeks.

If your gums are in bad shape and bleeding you'll find this product to be your answer to a healthy gum in the long run. Try them and your thank your self for trying this item. Within a month or less your problem will be over unless you have some disease of the gums I don't know anything about.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product!, April 10, 2015
This product, “Working Hands” (WH) is absolutely wonderful. It is hard to say enough good about it. Over the past 18 months I applied antibiotic ointment covered with Band-Aids trying to resolve the issue of cracked skin on my hands and fingers. Actually, I used over 700 Band-Aids on hands and fingers during this time trying to heal the cuts. (I remember this since the boxes contain 100 Band-Aids per box. I spent around $90 on Band-Aids not including the cost for the ointments.) While this method healed the cuts (or splits) the problem would be back in a week or less as soon as the covering was removed. Over this time I heard about WH. I tried to find the product locally but was not successful. Then, I ordered Working Hands from Amazon. I found that there was a slight stinging (if the cut or split was fairly new) when I applied WH but it lasted only a minute or less. The WH is not greasy at all. Depending on how much you apply, it may not dry in a few seconds but I continue to rub my hands together and the WH dries quickly and is NOT greasy. One of the worse problems with most creams and ointments is that after putting it on your hands they will be greasy which is a real problem (for me). The WH feels great on your hands and almost like a small amount of dry powder after it dries. Remarkably within 10 days my hands were healed! I could not be more pleased with this product. Since the healing of my hands occurred about a month ago a couple of tiny splits have reoccurred but that is my fault for not applying WH more often. (I am sure that a lot of my problem occurred because my hands were in water often.) I have around 10 different containers of various creams and ointments (some were prescription medicines) that have been used to try and resolve this problem but nothing works like WH, period! I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is having a problem like I experienced. I think you’ll be glad you did. I spent money going to a Demonologist about my situation about seven months into the problem. As a result of the doctor’s visit a prescription was issued that was very greasy and did nothing to resolve the issue. Actually, I wasted money on the doctor when I could have spent a few dollars for a real cure. Today I’m ordering four more containers of WH since I’ll have this product around for many years. By the way, I only used 1.25 containers of WH to totally resolve my problems with my split skin on my hands and fingers; complete healing was realized very quickly as mentioned above.

Nature's Miracle No Tracking Absorbent Pads, 100-Count Box (P-5737)
Nature's Miracle No Tracking Absorbent Pads, 100-Count Box (P-5737)
Price: $33.79
21 used & new from $28.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Puppy Pads, December 6, 2013
I've used several different kinds of "puppy pads" since I've had small inside dogs for about 10 years. Mostly I used the Quick Results Training Pads. This time I bought the "No Tracking" Pads and like them. They are larger than some I've purchased from a major chain store here in Florida and considerablilty more absorbent than any I've seen in the ten years of dogs in the house. To me, the No Tracking Absorbent Training Pads are the best I've seen. Plus, getting them in a nice sturdy cardboard box is nice. I like that much better than the plastic packages I've always had before. Overall I recommend these puppy pads. Actually, I think my little Shih Tzu girl, Brandi, likes them best of all. I have noticed her using the new pads more that ever before. She never "goes" in the house and I am amazed at how long she can wait. But now, she'll use the vew pads I purchased. Overall I recommend these puppy pads especially because of their big size and large amount of fibers (or whatever is in the pad) to absorb liquid.

Levi's Men's 505 Regular Fit Jean
Levi's Men's 505 Regular Fit Jean
Price: $37.70 - $69.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Are The Origainal Levi's Gone Forever?, November 15, 2013
I’ve worn Levi’s Jeans for a very long time---probably around 50 years. (That’s right, I’m old.) As a result, I know a lot about “Levi’s”. However, I learn a lot about what used to be my favorite jeans by experience and by reading reviews on Amazon.

The last time I purchased jeans I purchased seven pairs from a store south of Macon, Georgia adjacent to I75. That was about eight years ago. I decided to look on Amazon and was considering buying several more pairs of my favorite jeans based on the Amazon reviews and the comments about the product by Levi’s.

I already had problems with the last set of Levi’s jeans I purchased in Georgia. I was hoping that some of the problems were straightened out. But, as reading other reviews, I found out that the problems are the same as before if not worse.

The first issue is the belt loops. Levi’s 505 jeans (and probably other models) used to have seven belt loops. Now they have five. That is not enough! When I sit in my recliner and relax the top of the pants bunch up on my back under my belt uncomfortably requiring me to use both hands to put out the bunched up material from my waist. Further, when in normal wear, my 1.5” wide belt becomes higher than the material on the back of the jeans which is also uncomfortable. Constant adjusting of the top of the jeans during the day is required.

Next, the material on the newer jeans is different, or should I say inferior. I always air dry my jeans and on my older jeans (over nine years old) the material is stiffer and has more body that the newer 505 jeans. The stiffer material is great but the thinner material is certainly not as good. I want jeans that are so stiff they require a break-in for several months---like it used to be. After “breaking in” a pair of Levi’s, in the past, a person had a pair of jeans to be really appreciated and liked for years to come.

Now I am reading that the 505’s sit lower at the waist. This is terrible and probably the last straw for me. Never would I want jeans sitting lower at the waist. (Maybe I’d like this if I was 16 years old.) I desire jeans sitting at the waist like an adult’s pair of jeans or pants of any style.

Several years ago wrote two letters to the home office of Levi’s. (I believe I sent the letters to an office in San Francisco.) I looked around on the internet and found the name and address of the CEO of Levi’s to whom I wrote the letter. I discussed the thinner material and especially the number of belt loops. I did not receive an answer so I wrote again. Still, no answer from Levi’s. Do they even care what their customer’s think? I can guess the answer to that question.

I have concluded that Levi’s doesn’t care about the opinions of older customers who appreciate what the original Levi’s were like in years past. I believe that Levi’s is marketing the product for younger people who have no idea what Levi’s used to be like. (Have you noticed the people they use in their advertisements? Most of them are very young. I have not seen an adult modeling a pair of Levi’s yet.)

After all my work some years ago trying to hopefully make some inroad into the thinking of Levi’s I have given up. I really do not think that Levi’s cares what people think and I’m talking about people who really have memory of what it was like to buy a pair of original seven belt loop, heavy duty Levi’s that required a little “break in”.

I recently purchased a pair of Wrangler’s jeans at Walmart. They only cost $16 dollars. They were too “soft” and did not “feel” right. Maybe the more expensive Wrangler’s jeans would be better. I’m yet to find out.

My hope was (tonight) I’d find some response by Levi’s to the many complaining customers during the past few years but it is apparent that Levi’s is going down the same road as it has been for around eight years or more. Maybe they are waiting for older people to die off so that they will not be getting poor reviews from people who really know what Levi’s jeans were like just a few years ago.

It is a sad thing that Levi’s does care about the business of very many loyal customers (whose loyalty is certainly going away---if not gone).

Amazon is my favorite place to buy anything. The reason is that one can base their potential purchase on reviews by customers who have had experience with the particular product. The reviews of Levi’s Jeans on Amazon certainly do not encourage the purchase of Levi’s products based on what I’ve read by people I assume to be older and more experienced wearers of the Levi’s jeans.

Energizer LED Sleek Lightweight High Tech Keychain High Visibility White Light
Energizer LED Sleek Lightweight High Tech Keychain High Visibility White Light
Offered by Mr. Medical
Price: $8.04
4 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Little Light Around, July 29, 2013
I purchased my "High Tech Keychain Light" (Energizer) on August, 2011. The light lasted until July, 2013 and then I easily replaced the two CR2016 batteries. I cannot say how much I like this tiny light. I use it daily for short periods of time. I use it for the mailbox at night, getting the paper, reading the electric meter and many other things. The way it functions is really great too. There are three modes. The first mode is the bright light which comes on first with one click, then a dimmer light (second click made quickly) and then a flashing light. All I use is the first setting and usually turn it off in about 10 seconds or less. The smooth construction of the light is good too since it fits in your pocket without any sharp edges. Maybe this is a small point but when you are carrying it all the time this is important. Tonight I showed it to a friend and am now ordering two more lights----one for my friend and a backup light for myself. The light is a perfect size and is only 1 7/8 inches long. I highly recommend this tiny light for anyone who needs a small light to carry in your pocket. By the way, the brightest setting is enough to see the ground when you are walking in the dark. I highly recommend this light to anyone.

Photosmart Premium AIO C309g
Photosmart Premium AIO C309g
6 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hp C 309g Printer, June 30, 2012
One of the very best features about Amazon are the reviews. Even if I am not going to buy a particular item from Amazon, which is fairly rare, I still check the reviews most of the time. Just to kill a few minutes I decided to look at the reviews for this HP 309g printer. I was amazed at all the bad reviews.

First, I never intended to use this printer wirelessly and never have done so. This might be a factor, but I am not sure about this. I have owned this printer for about two years and never had even one problem. It prints great photos and the routine printing is great also. As for the amount of ink used I am not disappointed but most all inkjet printers use a good amount of ink. I mostly use the black ink and always buy the largest size cartridge and it seems to last a reasonable amount of time.

One of the best features of this printer is the touch screen control. I often use the scan feature and just used it again yesterday. My sister, who does not have a computer, wanted me to print some graduation photos for her. She sent me a wallet size photo of her grandchild which I scanned. I was concerned at making an 8x10 inch photo for her since the original was so small. But, the end result is great. On my computer (HPE-410Y) I have some issues handling enlargements (which I did not have with my old computer). In order to obtain the desired results in creating various sized prints, etc. I had to move the scanned wallet sized photo over to Adobe Photoshop where I accomplished the desired results. The end result was great and you'd never know I was not working with a larger photo to scan.

As for the speed of the HP printer I am very pleased. Granted, I was used to an old HP deskjet 940c printer. I always thought the old printer was okay but the new 309g printer is twice as fast. Needless to say I was pleased with the speed of the new printer.

Another feature I like, which is not uncommon anymore, is the slot to read my Compact Flash cards which I use in my Nikon Camera. I realize this is common with printers now but certainly is a good feature since before I had to use an inexpensive card reader device connected to my computer to "read" my cards.

As of this date I'd recommend this HP printer. Everything I have stated herein is obviouly my experience and am only putting in my two cents worth to let folks know that not everyone has had bad experience with this HP printer.

Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $12.99
31 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cat Box Scoop, June 12, 2012
This is by far the best cat box scoop I have ever used. I have broken all kinds of scoops over many years. Especially the plastic ones are easily broken. In the past a scoop only lasted less than a year and sometimes less than three months. They are just too flimsy!

I have been using my first totally metal scoop of this kind for about four years. I have noted some deterioration of the metal (at the scoop edge) and I think this is the result of being in contact with car urine. It is my plan to replace my original scoop in the next couple of years. And, in the future I might wash off the scoop one a month or so. Even if my scoop is "not brand new" it still is excellent. In fact, I would not be surprised to see my original scoop last for at least four more years.

If there is one equivalent to this scoop I have not seen it but that does not mean it does not exist. I have looked on the web at Amazon and at Petsmart and most of the scoops I have seen are fragile at best.

In summary, I highly recommend this cat box scoop above all others I have seen or used.

Martha White Cornbread & Muffin Mix - Sweet Yellow - 7 oz (Pack of 12)
Martha White Cornbread & Muffin Mix - Sweet Yellow - 7 oz (Pack of 12)
Offered by Char's
Price: $19.63
4 used & new from $19.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Cornbread Mix is Excellent, May 9, 2012
My sister sent me one package of this Martha White "Sweet Yellow Cornbread and Muffin Mix". I did not cook it for several months but finally got around to it. I found the mix to be easy to prepare and the results were very good. I was concerned that the results might be too smooth (for the lack of a better description). Actually, the results are porous. This is good since it allows for the mix to absorb butter or syrup, etc easily. I cooked the single package (7 ounce) in a 5x9 inch pan. This worked out good and the end result was a loaf about 1-1/2 inches high. The bottom was beginning to brown and should not have been cooked longer. I ended up cooking the mix 20 minutes and the results were perfect. I did not eat all of the mix the first day. The next day I cut the cornbread into one inch squares. Then, I put butter on the squares and warmed them about 18 seconds in the microwave. I enjoyed them with cheese on the side and put a bit of syrup on the squares of cornbread. It was really a treat and tasted more like a desert than just a serving of cornbread. Also, I did not use regular sweet milk. I use undiluted Carnation Evaporated Milk. I wondered how this might work (since I did not dilute the milk) but found it to work very well. I recommend this product.

Next time I'll cook two packages at one time and I plan to use a 9x9 inch pan to keep the end results being about 1-1/2 inches thick. This way the bottom will not get too brown (in my off-hand opinion since I have not tried this yet).

Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux/Unix (ASIX AX88178 Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $25.00
5 used & new from $21.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Conecting Laptop to Internet, October 27, 2011
I had a lightning strike take out the "card" where my high speed internet cable connected to my HP laptop. The supply house where I bought the laptop said it was not practicle to repair the computer since the cost would be very high. Therefore, I purchased the Plugable Adapter from Amazon and it works very well. This was a great investment for my laptop as I am now able to connect to the internet with absolutely no problems. I highly recommend this device.

Phinex Diagnostic Ph Test Strips, 80ct -2 pack (160 strips) Results in 15 Seconds Balance Your pH today
Offered by Perella's
Price: $11.90
7 used & new from $11.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Ph Strips Hard to Read, October 27, 2011
This is the first Ph strip I have ever tried to use. I find it very hard to decide the color match. Plus there are two points on the strip for measurement. The directions says to use the top or bottom test area depending on certain criteria. This is not entirely clear. I think I know what they are trying to get across and I used the test area that was not adjacent to the end of the test strip. Possibly what I am seeing is a normal color measurement and other test strips would not be clearer (for me). I just do not know.

I think this is worth a try but be prepared to find it somewhat difficult to determine the exact color match unless you are more adept at "reading" colors.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 8:12 AM PDT