Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Lawrenceville, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Big Little Lies
Big Little Lies
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Entertainment, August 6, 2014
This review is from: Big Little Lies (Kindle Edition)
I stayed up late into the wee hours finishing this book, even though I had to report to work early this morning. And it was worth every single dark shadow I'm sporting today! Although essentially a murder mystery, there is a delicious dark thread of humor woven thoughout the entire book. I adore this author -- she has such a knack for drawing you into her characters. I highly recommend The Husband's Secret as well.

We Were Liars
We Were Liars
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Flawed Liars, July 28, 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED this book! It is a fast read but one with a big payoff, as it is unlikely you will unravel the mystery before it hits you between the eyes. Gorgeous evocative writing without one false note -- I highly recommend this book.

Fourth of July Creek
Fourth of July Creek
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your time, July 28, 2014
Due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews, I stuck it out with this snoozer. The writing was not only disjointed, but just plain weird. Additionally, I never engaged with any of the characters. I truly can't think of one positive comment in regard to this book.

Silicone Pastry Brushes - Best Grill Basting Accessories For Home Cook and Sports Fan - Great Tool For Decorating or Marinading Food With Ease. Must Have in Bakeware Sets, Barbecue Tool & Childrens Cooking Kits - Ideal Wedding Registry Gifts With Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by BelMart
Price: $9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars I Want More!, July 23, 2014
Just what I've been looking for -- they are the perfect size for basting, and clean up SO easily. I'm so pleased, I'm going to order more as soon as possible!

Euphoria
Euphoria
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric Drama, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Euphoria (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written novel with characters you will not soon forget. The lush jungle setting featured prominently as a fourth character, and I was easily transported in the skillful hands of the author.

Mr. Mercedes: A Novel
Mr. Mercedes: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The King Does It Again!, June 29, 2014
I loved every single page of this thriller,and hope that King will continue to write more of these "real" horror stories! This ranks right up there with Misery, and I can easily envision its adaptation to the big screen as well. One forgets what a truly talented author Mr. King is, if you don't happen to enjoy other worldly horror tales. If you like suspense, buy this one NOW!

Summer House with Swimming Pool: A Novel
Summer House with Swimming Pool: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't go in the water, June 12, 2014
While Koch is a very gifted writer, I can't say that I particularly enjoyed this book. From an entertainment standpoint, I had a hard time connecting with any of the characters and the "voice" of the novel is an overly cerebral doctor with a God complex. At no point did I root for him. That said, I do like this author and hope that in future books he will choose to interject more humanity into his 1st person narrator. Would not recommend this one, but absolutely enjoyed "The Dinner".

Where'd You Go, Bernadette: A Novel
Where'd You Go, Bernadette: A Novel
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique!, June 5, 2014
I adored this book and its main characters! To say that it is laced with dry humor throughout is an understatement. I was amused, intrigued, and surprised in my journey with these characters. The writing is refreshingly original and held its momentum to the conclusion. Read it!

The Museum of Extraordinary Things: A Novel
The Museum of Extraordinary Things: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.83

3.0 out of 5 stars "Disenchanted", June 5, 2014
I am a great fan of Alice Hoffman, however this book left me unimpressed. It started out with great promise and then lost steam about half-way through. Sadly, I found myself "skimming" in an effort to get through the very repetitive writing at this point. The book never recaptured the magic of its premise but I did finish it out of loyalty to the author.

Running for Potato Chips - Overcome Your Dread of Running with Surprisingly Simple Motivational Secrets and Unique Running Tips (Beginners Running Book)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Do This!, April 27, 2014
As a novice runner who has signed up for my first 5k, I was extremely excited to run across this little gem. As others have stated, I love the 12 minute concept and that is where I will choose to begin. So simple, but brilliant in its simplicity. The 5k is a little over four months away and I have already consistently been doing hard core cardio walking workouts at inclines ranging from 3% to 9% for 3 weeks now so I say "Game On"! The book was well-written, and offered the necessary hope and encouragement for any self-identified couch potato like me who wants to shed some weight or simply become a Runner!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4