Profile for Jonathan Bennett > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 134

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonathan Bennett RSS Feed (Ohio, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
George Foreman GR136B 2-Serving Classic Plate Grill
George Foreman GR136B 2-Serving Classic Plate Grill
Price: $24.06
8 used & new from $21.65

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve been a fan of the George Foreman grill since my college days. Although it’s usually touted as a way to create healthy food items, I like it because it quickly and easily creates a variety of food items.

First, let me talk about the simplicity. You plug it in, the top and bottom surfaces heat up, and you cook your meat, vegetables, quesadilla, etc. on the non-stick surface. We’re not talking about gourmet dinners here. But, for a tasty, quick, simple meal, this product is awesome.

Second, the grill reduces calories. It does this two ways: the non-stick surface requires less oil, butter, etc. and the excess grease from meats slides down the sloped surface into a tray.

The unit appears pretty sturdy and it’s reasonably priced for the use you can get out of it (my old one lasted years). There are, however, a few downsides.

First there isn’t a temperature control, so you only get one setting. However, it’s hot, so your food can be done quickly. Second, while it claims this thing is for “two” it’s still pretty small. Let’s just hope couples, roommates, etc. have a small appetite.

Overall, thought, this is a great little indoor grill. If you want food cooked quickly and simply while also cutting back a little on calories, it can’t be beat.

Retro Clark Kent Clear Lens Wayfarer Eye Glasses Black
Retro Clark Kent Clear Lens Wayfarer Eye Glasses Black
Offered by We got It All
Price: $4.33
11 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these glasses!, September 15, 2014
These glasses are great. Not only do they make me look extra sexy in a hipster sort of way but they take at least 6 months off my actual age.

For the cheap price they are put together well and pretty durable. I like them so much I bought two.

Don't let the description fool you. These aren't just for Clark Kent/Superman costumes. They are definitely for everyone all the time.

BISSELL CleanView Plus Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum with Triple Action Brush, 1332
Price: $84.99
8 used & new from $80.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, nicely priced vacuum, September 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Picking a vacuum is hard because there are so many options and price isn’t always the best indicator of whether the sweeper will be ideal for a person’s needs.

This is a simple, yet very nice sweeper. It’s bagless, which many people prefer. And, being see through, it’s easy to see how much it’s filling up with junk.

The filter is cleaned by rinsing it which is really nice. It also has a good sucking action, even compared to more expensive vacuums. It’s also pretty quiet relative to others (the cat likes this feature).

The turbo brush feature is really cool and does make cleaning the furniture much more convenient.

The automatic cord rewind is a great feature. You never know how convenient it is until you use another vacuum and have to wind the cord. Oh, and the price is good compared to other brands/models.

Overall, this is a very nice vacuum cleaner. It gets the job done and has great features for the price.

ASUS Zenbook UX303LA-DB51T 13.3-Inch FHD Display Touchscreen Laptop
ASUS Zenbook UX303LA-DB51T 13.3-Inch FHD Display Touchscreen Laptop
Price: $849.00
21 used & new from $550.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those seeking a fast, lightweight computer, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great laptop. It is small, light, has a touch screen, and comes with a solid state hard drive. The battery life is great too. However, this computer won’t be for everyone, but for those looking for this particular type of computer.

I’m not a techie but can make my way around technology. So, I’m writing this for the average person seeking a laptop (like me).

First, the positives. This is a sleek and easily portable computer (again, super light). The solid state hard drive means that the programs will load very quickly. And, unlike a traditional hard drive, it has no moving parts. This means you’re much less likely to lose your data to mechanical failure.

The touchscreen is really cool and convenient. It’s loaded with Windows 8, which, of course, works well with the touch screen. The screen is pretty small, but I’ve had no trouble reading anything.

The battery life is very long (about 6 hours from my experience), which also makes this an ideal computer to haul around.

However, there are some potential downsides. Once again, it depends on what you’re looking for in a computer.

The first issue is space. SSD’s are pretty expensive. So, this laptop, after all the pre-loaded stuff is factored in, comes with about 64GB of space. That’s not a whole lot these days, especially for someone who likes to store media on his computer. There's room to add more, but not a lot.

Second, the colors are a little off, especially the yellows. I personally don’t care about this much, but it’s definitely a limitation.

Finally, the price is high considering the drawbacks. You’re paying a lot for certain features, which needs to be taken into consideration.

I do love this laptop and have used it extensively especially to take out with me. But, I keep another laptop around to do business (and connect to dropbox), store my music and media, and burn CDs and watch DVDs

Belkin Tablet Stage Stand for Presenters and Lecturers for Tablets from 7-11 Inches (B2B054)
Price: Click here to see our price
68 used & new from $106.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, but Too Expensive, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I public speak frequently and I like to use my tablet for my notes. However, it’s always been awkward holding it and. I jumped at the chance to try out this product.

Out of the box it requires some assembly. It took me about five minutes and required a small Phillips screwdriver. It wasn’t a big deal and you don’t have to be handy to put it together.

The unit itself is a solid plastic base, support pole, and tablet holder. Adjustments can be made for height, angle of the tablet, and tablet size. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and it fits nicely.

The unit does what it’s supposed to do, holding up the tablet for someone needing to see it. It would be very useful for teachers, speakers, musicians, etc. The light unit (which can be attached) is a cool feature. It can accommodate cables too.

The biggest downside is the price. It’s very expensive considering it doesn’t seem all that sturdy (outside of the base) and simply holds up a tablet.

Overall, this is a useful product that works as advertised. However, it would be much better if it was a little cheaper, probably by about fifty dollars.

JAM Storm Wireless Speaker (Black) HX-P740BK
JAM Storm Wireless Speaker (Black) HX-P740BK
Offered by Projector Professionals
Price: $72.95
7 used & new from $67.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable speaker, August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although I’m not an expert on speakers and sound, I do own a few and enjoy listening to music. My favorite is a large wireless speaker I keep in my basement. However, it’s a pain to move around my two story house. So, when I had a chance to try the JAM Storm wireless, I was excited.

First, it’s really easy to set up. I used it on my PC. I found the device on Bluetooth, it downloaded the software, and paired. Then, I started listening to music. The sound is really good, especially for such a small speaker.

The “Storm” feature is a unique selling point. You attach a sticky base (covered by a cap) to a flat surface and it acts as a subwoofer. It actually does increase the bass, which is great for a speaker this size since it makes the sound more full.
I’ve grown to really love this little speaker. I can now listen to music while I work on my laptop anywhere in the house (or elsewhere).

The only downside is the cord. I don’t know why they made the cord non-standard and the part that goes in the wall so huge! Also, my cord had charging issues. The connectors seemed loose and I’ve had to toggle them a little to work. It charges, but I hope it’s not a problem down the line.

Bottom line: this is a great little speaker and I love it.

Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite
Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite
Price: $93.85
28 used & new from $77.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but difficult, June 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have wanted to branch out to making videos for a long time and I knew that finding software for a reasonable price would be difficult. However, this package seemed to be reasonably priced and fit the bill.

It definitely lived up to this standard. It really does do a lot and pretty well for a decent price (compared to other programs). It even allows an option for simple or advanced interface which can be switched. I’m not an expert and don’t have the time to be one. So, this is nice.

For someone like me making basic videos it can do just about everything I need from editing, layout, sound, etc. So far every feature I’ve needed has been available.

However, it is difficult to use. There are tutorials and instructions available but it really does require some hands on use and practice. This is true of all video editors. But, this one is especially difficult.

Overall, I enjoy this program and it’s helped me make some nice videos. I can’t speak to the more advanced features, but for basic needs it’s great.

Oreck Graphite Bagged Upright Vacuum, U4300H2BS
Oreck Graphite Bagged Upright Vacuum, U4300H2BS
Price: $349.00
7 used & new from $189.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Has Downsides, June 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don’t do much vacuuming but my wife does and has used many sweepers, some of which we’ve bought on Amazon. She thinks this vacuum is OK, but not great.

First, it’s not very wide. This means that it requires more work. While it’s OK for tighter areas, for large rooms, it requires more work.

As narrow as the base is, the handle is long. For shorter people (like my wife), it’s a bit of a pain to use. This isn’t a huge issue, but it’s noticeable.

Also, there are no attachments. It’s more like a traditional vacuum in this way. But, most people are used to that, which makes it annoying at times.

This vacuum also uses bags. While everyone has a preference my wife prefers not having them. It’s more expensive and it seems there’s never a bag around when one is needed.

It did a good job of cleaning our carpet and hardwood floors. However, other sweepers did just as good a job, with more positives. The biggest positive being the price. This vacuum is very expensive relative to the benefits.

Jarrow Formulas NattoMax, 100 mg, 30 Count
Jarrow Formulas NattoMax, 100 mg, 30 Count
Price: $11.19
10 used & new from $7.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Has A Lot of Potential, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nattokinase is an extract that comes from a process of boiling soybeans that have been fermented with a particular bacteria.

It is thought to be a blood thinner so it’s often used to treat issues that affect the circulatory system such as high blood pressure, heart disease, varicose veins, etc. I don’t have any of these problems, but a lot of people swear by the use of nattokinase.

I take it preventatively since blood thinning could protect against blood clots and heart attacks. Obviously, however, there are risks to thinned blood. So, consult a doctor and use care when using this product.

I also like the price and the company. Jarrow is a respected manufacturer and adheres to the FDAs GMP (good manufacturing practice). This is important because some supplement companies can be shady. With Jarrow you know the product is high quality and free of adulteration.

Overall, this is a great, reasonably priced product that has a load of benefits. If you have circulatory issues, consult your doctor and give it a try.

Venum "Kontact" Gel Glove Wraps, Black
Venum "Kontact" Gel Glove Wraps, Black
Price: $17.99
8 used & new from $15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Glove Wraps, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I work out a lot and this includes using the punching bag, weight lifting, chin ups, etc. My hands take a beating and I’m always looking for nice gloves. I’ve used Venum products in the past with success.

I like these wraps/gloves. The gel pad over the knuckles provides decent protection for lighter bag work. They’re also pretty good for hand protection during lifting and chin ups.

They fit pretty well and give good wrist support, but are kind of a pain since they require a lot of wrapping. I could see how people with the "wrong" sized hands might have trouble getting a tight fit.

Overall, these are decent gloves/wraps. However, I don’t really have a clear cut use for them. But, I guess it’s a good thing to have a product that can be used across multiple workouts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14