Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Jonathan Bennett > Reviews

Browse

Jonathan Bennett's Profile

Customer Reviews: 229

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonathan Bennett RSS Feed (Ohio, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lucien Piccard Men's LP-10618-11 Polaris Analog Display Quartz Silver Watch
Lucien Piccard Men's LP-10618-11 Polaris Analog Display Quartz Silver Watch
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $65.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique looking watch, February 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I do a lot of public speaking and networking. I try to always look my best and believe that a good watch is an important part of that. I’ve had good experiences with Lucien Piccard in the past and looked forward to wearing this watch.

Lucien Piccard is a traditional brand of Swiss watch. However, it has been rebranded as a discount watch that is no longer made in Switzerland. Nonetheless, their designs are unique and, in my experience, the quality is high.

This particular watch has a very unique, ultra-modern, design. But, the company has other, more traditional designs. Look closely to see if it’s your style before buying. If you want something bold and a conversation piece, this is a good choice!

The watch itself has a large face surrounded by steel. It’s very masculine looking and extremely durable. It’s a bulky, heavy watch. Since the band is metal, those with a smaller wrist will have to remove links. You can find how to do this online. It’s a bit of a pain, but necessary if you prefer the metal band.

The clasp is a little complicated to use. And, it opens internally. So, when you have the watch on, you have to push in just the right place. It’s an interesting design for sure. I actually like how it makes the outside of the watch look. But, you will have to play around with it a little to get it to work.

Overall, I’m very happy with the watch. It’s durable, masculine, and unique and I enjoy wearing it.

10k White Gold Oval Shape Diamond Earringss (3/8 cttw, I-J Color, I3 Clarity)
10k White Gold Oval Shape Diamond Earringss (3/8 cttw, I-J Color, I3 Clarity)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Affordable Earrings, February 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These earrings are beautiful and will be a wonderful addition to any woman’s wardrobe. They truly sparkle in person, are high quality, and also come at a reasonable price. For this reason, they’d make an especially good gift if you’re a man looking to find something elegant, yet affordable for a woman in your life.

Also, these diamonds are “conflict free” meaning your purchase won’t go to fund the violence associated with the diamond trade that has occurred in some areas.

Overall, these earrings are great. Being a man, I haven’t worn them. But, the woman I gave them to loves them!

Limited Too Big Girls' Aztec Lace Sleeveless Blouse and Aztec Printed Short Romper, Neon Hot Pink, 6X
Price: $13.80
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, Summer Outfit For Girls, January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 7 year old daughter who likes to look her best in cute, trendy clothing. When I saw this outfit, I thought it looked really nice.

She really likes it. The colors are bright and it’s a great, fun outfit for the summer. It seems to be durable enough to survive being worn by an active child.

There is a thread that connects the top to the shorts. Although there is some convenience in connecting the two pieces (e.g. keeping together for laundry), it also creates other bigger inconveniences (like going to the bathroom). I simply cut it and everything is fine.

I can’t say I love the fact that it shows the belly a little, but such is the clothing style for girls these days. It's not really provocative, so I can live with it.

Overall, it’s a cute, summer outfit at a nice price. My little girl loves it and I’m sure many others will too.

Natural Sleep Aid Support Supplement - Non-Habit Forming Capsules With Melatonin, L-Taurine, L-Theanine & 5-HTP - Extra Strength Nighttime Sleep Support - 60 Vegetarian Pills for a Restful Sleep
Offered by Zenwise Health
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleepless Nights? This Can Help!, January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you want to build muscle, lose weight, function at your best, and be alert and happy, guess what can act as a miracle cure? The answer is sleep. Sleep is essential to so many functions, yet, most people don’t get enough of it. Stress, overworking, and electronic devices are huge contributors to the trend towards lack of sleep.

But, getting rest can be difficult, especially since many sleep medications have awful side effects. Thankfully, there are natural solutions and Zenwise Labs, a company I have used previously, has created a great all-in-one supplement to help you get a restful night’s sleep.

I spent many years taking an hour to fall asleep, only to wake up at least five times throughout the night. I can't remember a restful night's sleep from ages 15-19. It affected my mood, energy, and physical well-being. That's when I discovered melatonin, a sleep hormone supplement. It literally changed my life for the better. I've been taking it for years and was excited to try Sleep Support to see how it works with me.

First, it has anti-anxiety components, such as L-Theanine and GABA. These should contribute to relaxation. Second, it has traditional calming herbs such as chamomile and valerian. Finally, it has melatonin, the hormone that will actually put you to sleep.

This is a great formula that works on relaxing you first, then putting you to sleep, all without a tired or “hungover” feeling in the morning. I take one capsule about an hour before I want to sleep and it works perfectly. The recommended dosage is two capsules, but play around to see your needs. If one works, save the money and use one.

Zenwise Labs adheres to FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), which means you should expect a higher quality product. I’ve never been disappointed in Zenwise products and notice a lot of benefit with this one. The price is also reasonable.

Overall, this is a great supplement for sleep. It might revolutionize your life to actually get a good, restful night’s sleep for a change. Melatonin alone made my life so much better. This formula is even better. Give it a try!

Viva Labs Pycnogenol - French Pine Bark Extract, the Best Free Radical Scavenger, 100mg, 30 Veggie Capsules
Offered by Viva Naturals

5.0 out of 5 stars Promising and powerful antioxidant from great company, January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve been taking supplements since I was a teenager and they, along with a healthy, active lifestyle, have helped me keep a youthful energy and appearance, especially compared to others my age. As a result, I’m always on the lookout for new research on supplements that I can add to my regimen.

Pycnogenol is an exciting and well-researched supplement. It is a potent antioxidant derived from pine bark extract. It has been associated with many benefits, especially blood flow in the body. For anyone with cardiovascular issues, the research suggests pycnogenol should help a lot.

But, other benefits have been claimed too, including skin health. I’ve read about some pretty impressive personal stories about taking this supplement and achieving very youthful results with skin.

Viva Labs is a quality supplement company and I have taken many of their products. They adhere to FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, which ensures a higher level of quality. I’ve also seen other supplements of theirs rated highly on independent supplement lab review websites (note: this one was not tested).

The downside is the price. Viva Labs isn’t inflating it. The discounted price is very competitive. The problem is that pycnogenol is expensive. So, if you want to add it to your supplement routine, make sure to do the necessary research to determine if you will benefit from the supplement.

I’ve given the product five stars because it’s a quality source of a great supplement at a fair price. But, research pycnogenol first and decide if it’s worth it based on your health needs and budget.

Viva Labs Pycnogenol, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Capsules - Proprietary French Pine Bark Extract
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful antioxidant from a great company, January 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve been taking supplements since I was a teenager and credit them (along with my healthy, active lifestyle) with helping me keep a youthful energy and appearance, especially compared to others my age. Consequently, I’m always on the lookout for different supplements, checking out the latest research to see what would benefit me.

I’ve been interested in the research surrounding pycnogenol for awhile now and was excited for the chance to try it.

Pycnogenol is a potent antioxidant that is derived from pine bark extract. It has been associated with many benefits, especially blood flow in the body. For anyone with issues related to blood flow (e.g. cardiovascular issues), pycnogenol should help a lot.

But, other benefits have been claimed too, including skin health. I’ve heard some pretty impressive personal stories about taking this supplement and achieving very youthful results with skin.

Viva Labs is a quality supplement company and I have taken many of their products for awhile now. They adhere to FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, which ensures a higher level of quality. I’ve also seen other supplements of theirs rated highly on independent supplement lab review websites (note: not this one, which was not tested).

The downside is the price. It’s not a case of Viva Labs inflating it. The discounted price is very competitive. The problem is that pycnogenol is expensive. So, if you want to add it to your supplement routine, make sure to do the necessary research to determine if you will benefit from the supplement.

I’ve given the product five stars because it’s a quality source of a great supplement at a fair price. But, do the research yourself and decide if it’s worth it based on your health needs and budget.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2016 7:21 PM PDT

Jarrow Formulas Virgin Whey Protein Isolate, Sports Nutrition, 16 Ounce
Jarrow Formulas Virgin Whey Protein Isolate, Sports Nutrition, 16 Ounce
Price: $24.19
11 used & new from $18.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great high protein, no nonsense, powder, December 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I train hard (weight lifting, running, interval training, etc.) and try to match it with the best nutrition possible, which sometimes includes protein supplementation.

When buying protein powder, I look for a few things: low carb, high pure protein percentage (e.g. as few non-protein calories as possible), and taste. Basically, I want just pure protein with a taste that doesn’t make me gag.

This formula is just about the best pure whey protein powder I’ve ever seen. It has 22 grams of protein per 90 calorie serving. Considering protein is 4 calories a gram, 88 of 90 calories are actual protein. That is awesome, especially if you look at other formulas, which use a lot of their serving calories on carbs and fat. For someone training or just wanting pure protein without extra calories, this is perfect.

A few other positives are that this protein is processed at low temperatures, to keep the protein more bioactive. And, it comes from fresh milk, not as a byproduct of other processes. Also, Jarrow is a high quality brand you can trust in a supplement industry with some shady companies.

What about the taste? This is unflavored. So, it really has no taste. This means that you’ll have to add it to something to make it tolerable. But, this isn’t hard since you can use smoothies, yogurt, etc. I’ve found that it dissolves extremely well. Sometimes I’ll toss it in my morning coffee. But, regarding this last option, don't use any super hot liquid or it clumps. Make it lukewarm.

I only have two complaints. The handle on the scoop is huge and it’s hard to fit back into a full container. Small issue, but annoying. My bigger complaint is the price. I understand the purity and quality, but it’s still too high for only a pound/18 servings, even at an Amazon discount.

Overall, I’m very satisfied with this protein powder. It is pure protein that I want to give my body after a great workout. I mix it with some plain Greek yogurt sweetened with a little stevia for a low carb, high protein infusion. The price is high, so I don’t use it a lot. But, when I need a lot of extra protein, it’s perfect.

Barbie Mix 'N Color Barbie Doll, Blonde
Barbie Mix 'N Color Barbie Doll, Blonde
Price: $11.49
32 used & new from $8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Creative Fun!, December 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter loves Barbie dolls. Lately, the trend has been away from simply making dolls with different clothes and accessories, but adding cooler features, like, in this case, the ability to color the doll’s hair.

Getting started is really easy. The doll comes with a flimsy plastic mixing station. Add water, then mix in the color or colors. The base colors can be used alone or mixed and matched to create new colors (a basic color mixing guide comes with the toy). Then, you simply apply the result to her hair with the included brush.

It also comes with an instruction guide, a large comb, and bands to tie up her hair.

The color easily washes out. The whole process is a tad messy, but was a lot of fun for my daughter.

I really like this Barbie because, although it’s not truly educational, it does at least teach about colors and encourages creativity. It was cool watching my seven year old making artistic choices about what colors to mix and how to apply them to Barbie’s hair. It just added a new element of fun and creativity to simply playing with the doll.

Also, the price isn’t too bad considering the cost of a stand-alone Barbie.

If this is something you think your daughter will like, check it out. It’s a lot of fun!

Bushnell 198105 Legend L Series Binocular, Realtree Xtra, 10x 42 mm
Bushnell 198105 Legend L Series Binocular, Realtree Xtra, 10x 42 mm
Price: Click here to see our price
110 used & new from $184.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, high quality binoculars, December 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love nothing more than going out into nature for a few hours and enjoying some time away from the hustle and bustle. Part of that involves trying to catch a glimpse of wildlife via binoculars. I’ve always just used pretty cheap ones and the phrase “you get what you pay for” certainly applies.

Consequently, I was very excited to try out these binoculars. In this case, you also “get what you pay for.” It just happens to be incredible, high quality binoculars.

If you’re a hunter, into bird watching, or anything else that requires binoculars (legitimate uses, hopefully), you can’t go wrong with these.

First, here are the positives: sturdy construction, really lightweight, and great quality optics that are water and fog proof. The strap is strong with padding. Also, the carrying case is well-made. And, the rubber caps are tethered on, so no more losing them!

I want to speak about the optics a little more. You can see the specs in the description and they are definitely as advertised. They are simply amazing, even from a large distance. The detail and quality are staggering, unlike anything I’ve ever used.

There really are no true downsides from my perspective. A strap on the carrying case would be nice (to sling over the shoulder, rather than a belt), but that’s a tiny complaint.

Overall, these are absolutely amazing. Yes, they are very pricey. But, if you love bird watching, go hunting regularly, or want to connect with nature from a distance, you can’t beat the quality.

Lucien Piccard Men's LP-15051-RG-01 Analog Display Quartz Black Watch
Lucien Piccard Men's LP-15051-RG-01 Analog Display Quartz Black Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, December 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a big fan of watches, not because I necessarily need to know the time, but because the right one can complement an outfit well. I’m a public speaker and always want a nice watch on my wrist during important speaking engagements. It helps a guy dress for power and success.

So, what do I think of this watch?

First, I want to address the price, which is ridiculously inflated. It’s almost comical to think that this is a 750 dollar watch that is suddenly going for 90% less. I’m not going to let it factor into the review, but I’m not a fan of this tactic. Just realize this is sold as a “discount” type of watch.

As far as the watch itself, I really like it. It has a large, masculine face with rose gold as the primary color (background, arabic numerals, hands). The band is a durable, black leather. I prefer silver, but, as far as gold watches go, this one looks great.

Lucien Piccard is in the classic tradition of Swiss watches, even though the product is currently made in China. But, it has the distinguished look of the traditional watches.

Overall, I’m a fan of this watch. I’ve gotten many compliments on it since I’ve owned it. If you want a masculine, quality watch at a great price, look no further. I love it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20