Profile for Michela C. Maxwell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michela C. Maxwell "m maxwell" RSS Feed (Greensboro, NC)

Donnie Darko (Widescreen Edition)
Donnie Darko (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Offered by SourceMedia
Price: $16.60
146 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, if confusing, April 21, 2003
This movie is great... extremely funny, very wierd... not at all the movie I would think it might be from looking at the box. It seems to make only slightly more sense the second time you watch it, and not much more after subsequent viewings, but that doesn't detract from its excellence. I could watch it about a million and a half times. Most of the deleted scenes are a little boring, but some of them shed some light on the film. I wish the director and actor commentary did a slightly better job of explaining some confusing points, but no matter. The movie is still worth owning.

Princess and Curdie, The
Princess and Curdie, The
by George MacDonald
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, April 21, 2003
This review is from: Princess and Curdie, The (CD-ROM)
Until I read other people's reviews of this book, it never occurred to me that The Princess and Curdie was at all "preachy" or "dull." It certainly isn't any more didactic than The Chronicles of Narnia, and I would say it is much less so. This is one of my favorite books and has been since I was a kid. I can see how it might seem overly moralistic to someone who is only used to reading cynical, modern (or, more appropriately, post-modern) children's books, but I think anyone who can handle C.S. Lewis should be fine with this book. It's a sweet book and a wonderful sequel to The Princess and the Goblins.