Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for F. Ross > Reviews

Browse

F. Ross' Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

F. Ross RSS Feed (Chicago 'burbs, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ispeed Mirror Pro Swim Goggle (Black)
Ispeed Mirror Pro Swim Goggle (Black)
Offered by Go_Deals
Price: $10.99
5 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!!!, December 5, 2015
I do not write a lot of Amazon reviews. Very seldomly is a product so outstanding that it makes me want to stand up and rave about it. But that being said, THESE GOGGLES ARE THE REAL DEAL!

My son is a varsity swimmer for his high school, and has been swimming since he was 8 years old. He is long and lean and has a very narrow face. Most of the swimmers on his team wear the Speedo Vanquisher goggles. Those gave my son terrible raccoon eyes and actually hurt him to wear. He hated them- and I hated wasting money on expensive goggles that he didn't like. For years he wore the Speedo Jr. Hydrospex goggles, but his face became too big for the Jr. size and not big enough for the adult size (he's 15 years old.)

So about a year or so ago, I took to my trusty Amazon reviewers and started reading about goggles. I read hundreds of reviews, trying to find out which goggles might work for a smaller face, not fog up, have good suction, and feel comfortable while not falling off... and these seemed to fit the bill. The first time my son stuck them to his face, he laughed and said "I don't even need to use the strap- the suction is great!" Obviously, he uses the strap... but these don't leave raccoon eyes like the Vanquishers did. He loves them!

So here's the funny part- the guys on his team have teased him about these goggles, because of course, they aren't name brand and therefore not considered "cool". So I went on Amazon and bought him some Speedo Michael Phelps goggles and some Vanquishers thinking, okay he's older, maybe we should try some of the fancier $35 goggles again? He made me send them back. He hated them. He LOVES these!

Please don't ever stop making these goggles, iSpeed! I don't know what we'd do! I buy 2 or 3 pairs at a time (he swims 9 practices per week and every pair of goggles lasts for a month or two). We have only had 1 pair break... the rest either get lost or "borrowed"-- usually by the kids who had previously made fun of them! We also do find that after about a hundred wears, they start to fog up a bit. For $11 per pair, we can easily replace them. Thank you, iSpeed, for a great product at a great price!

BMC Womens Synthetic Patent Leather Evening Clutch w/ Black Cord Shoulder Straps - AFTER HOURS BLACK
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: $10.49
2 used & new from $10.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible smell--- stay away from this bag!!, October 4, 2015
I bought this bag in August- LOVED the style, HATED the smell. I wore it to one function and it was all I could think of the whole night... it smells like cow manure. But I loved the style so much that I didn't want to return it.

I tried to wear it again yesterday- over a month later- to another party... BUT IT STILL SMELLS AWFUL. I just can't wear it, and now it's past its return date.

If you strongly dislike the smell of "latex free gloves" this purse has the same smell. Not everyone notices it, but I am very smell sensitive, and I just hate it. It's awful.

Chanukah Beeswax Candle Making Kit
Chanukah Beeswax Candle Making Kit
Offered by Farmhouse Girl
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars These beeswax candles are so fun-- my kids had a ..., December 18, 2014
These beeswax candles are so fun-- my kids had a blast making them, and they burned really well! I guess I didn't realize that there are only NINE in the kit. So unless you only celebrate one night of Hanukkah and light all 9 on one night, this isn't the kit for you. Most candles come in a 45 pack so you can use 2 the first night, 3 the second night, 4 the third night, and so on. Just a little bummed that we are only getting 3 nights out of these, and then I had to get another box to finish the rest of the nights. Oh well- I should have read the description more carefully! Learn from my mistakes!!

Four Paws Large Dog Spade Set
Four Paws Large Dog Spade Set
Price: $22.99
20 used & new from $14.05

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have to pick up dog poop, this ..., October 25, 2014
If you have to pick up dog poop, this is the way to go. Makes picking up poop a breeze! Even the stuck to the grass poo that's been mowed over a few times. It's a winner pooper picker upper!

Tachikara FireBall Super-Soft TetherBall with Diamond Textured Cover
Tachikara FireBall Super-Soft TetherBall with Diamond Textured Cover
Price: $17.99
10 used & new from $17.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I recommend the blue and yellow ball by Lifetime-- call them ..., October 25, 2014
Very hard- bruised my hand while I played tetherball with it! I recommend the blue and yellow ball by Lifetime-- call them directly and order it through them. MUCH softer and easier to play with!

Winsome Lynnwood Drop Leaf High Table
Winsome Lynnwood Drop Leaf High Table
Price: $114.71
28 used & new from $114.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Great table- easy to assemble, October 25, 2014
Great table- easy to assemble, and fairly sturdy. If you aren't using the leaf, there will be a leg in the middle of the table. I ended up pulling the leaf out and am relieved to be able to sit without the leg in the middle. I'm using it as a desk- it's the perfect height with a counter height stool. And it looks great in my kitchen!

Good Earth GH4312-BZ-LIN-I Lighting Granada 12-Inch Square Semi-Flush Light with One 23-Watt GU24 Bulb, Bronze

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 stars is only because I like the look of the light, October 25, 2014
2 stars is only because I like the look of the light. Assembly was VERY difficult for my husband, who is a trained electrical engineer. Changing of the bulb is a hassle as you have to unassemble the bottom panel to take the lightbulb out. This was an all-afternoon project and should have been easily done in just an hour or so. Stay away from this light... not worth the hassle!

Nike Benassi Solarsoft Men's Slides Black/Sport Red-Black-Spirit Red 431884-011 (11 D(M) US)

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big., September 21, 2014
Shoe was MUCH bigger than expected. My son wears a 10.5 nike sneaker and we ended up ordering a 10 in this shoe AFTER paying for this in size 11. Shipping was too expensive to send it back, so we just kept it and hope he'll grow into them at some point.

Outray Unisex Retro Flat Wayfarer Colorful Polarized Sunglasses A02 Smoke/Black
Outray Unisex Retro Flat Wayfarer Colorful Polarized Sunglasses A02 Smoke/Black
Offered by Xinmin HUASHI glasses Ltd.
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shades!, June 27, 2014
My son bought these same sunglasses at the mall for $25 and LOST THEM. I ordered them on Amazon hoping he'd like them as much -- 1/5 of the price! He said, "Mom, they're exactly the same!" Much less painful to lose a $5 pair than a $25 pair, as I'm sure he'll lose these too. But now we know where to get them, and they're VERY cool.

Speedo Men's Xtra Life Lycra Rapid Splice Jammer Swimsuit, Black/Blue, 30
Speedo Men's Xtra Life Lycra Rapid Splice Jammer Swimsuit, Black/Blue, 30
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suit!, June 27, 2014
Looks like this suit is going to hold up well for my 13 year old son. He is on a competitive swim team and swims at least 2 hours per day, 5 days a week. Wanted to get something with longevity as these are expensive to replace when the seams wear and they split-- not to mention, pretty horrifying for the 13 year olds when that happens! This one seems fairly thick and great for a practice suit- it's actually "heavy" … so he won't be racing in it at meets. Got the fast skin for that. But for daily practices, this is awesome- he loves it. VERY comfortable for him- so much so that I bought it in blue and got a 2nd one in red. Can't go wrong with this suit.

BTW- I got it in the same size as he wears his jeans (size 30) which is great for practices- not uncomfortably tight. For meets, he sizes down a few sizes. But for practices, this is perfect!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4