Profile for CharlieVT > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CharlieVT RSS Feed

Transcendence
Transcendence
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is aptly named!, March 14, 2014
This review is from: Transcendence (Kindle Edition)
I was so completely captivated by the characters and story, that I immediately re-read it just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
I was blown away by Ms. Savage's ability to convey so much with such minimal dialogue.
Just like life, the story started off slowly, and I wanted it to hurry up, but then events and time were moving along much faster and I wanted it to slow down so I could savor it, and, inevitably, the end came much too soon.
The epilogue was a wonderful ending/beginning to a beautifully done book.
I laughed, I cried, I felt their love.
In Ehd's words, I "Luffs" this book!

Chimes Ginger Chews 5-Flavor Variety: One 2 lb Bag of Assorted Original, Orange, Mango, Peppermint, and Peanut Butter Ginger Chews in a Gift Box
Offered by PENGUIN MINTS We Ship Worldwide APO AE
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing flavor!, March 13, 2014
A friend recommended the Chimes brand to me and after trying each flavor, I'm hooked. The properties of the ginger settle any stomach upset I have, the flavor makes them addicting, and the size is just right. It's the healthy way to indulge in candy. I really liked the fact that it didn't stick to my teeth and provided enough sweet to get me over any craving. If you like ginger, and want a little treat a few times a day to stop over indulging in cookies and candy, this is perfect.

Into the Spotlight (Soulgirls)
Into the Spotlight (Soulgirls)
Price: $3.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Spotlight, April 27, 2013
This story unexpectedly, and insidiously, had me hanging on every word. I've never read Heather Long before, but will look for her books from now on. The mystery, the romance, and the passion, kept me hooked until the end. Heather has a way with prose that is both simple and sophisticated. I was at first skeptical of the premise (A showgirl and a vampire attorney? Really? It sounded about as hokey as the location: Vegas) but from their first meeting, I was impatient (and yes, worried!) about how it would end. The plot is well thought out, the characters believable, and the author makes you care about their fate. I loved this book. It was smart, there were sinister aspects that made me want to know more about their world, and long enough to fully develop the characters. I'm going to look for the stories about the other Soulgirls immediately.

Rage (Galactic Cage Fighters)
Rage (Galactic Cage Fighters)

4.0 out of 5 stars Rage, February 24, 2013
This book was fabulous. Fast paced, great character development, excellent plot. The sex was hot, hot, hot, and the way the author built the emotional attachment was believable. This book really deserves 4.5 stars, but the review wouldn't let me choose half a star. The only thing I noticed to critique was some grammar errors. But I was so caught up in the unfolding story and waiting to see how Rachel and Rage interacted, that I was able to easily skim over the errors. Editors need to be more vigilant, but the story and the characters more than made up for it. This book was priced right and the author knows how to write and keep readers engaged and wanting more. I hope there are more books in this series. I'm going to go look and buy all of KD Jones books now.

Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors Book 1)
Ral's Woman (Zorn Warriors Book 1)
Price: $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Top 10 Alpha lover, October 28, 2011
The Zorn Warriors series is excellent, but the first in the series, Ral's Woman, is one of my top 10 favorites. There's aliens, action, lots of heat inducing sex and a romance that progresses with misunderstandings and family interference. While this book has lots of steamy scenes, the character development is there. You get a good sense of what makes both of them tick. What I loved most about Ral is he is a total Alpha male completely devoted to his woman. Ariel has spirit, but finds herself dragged into an unknown world and chooses to adapt. She is a survivor. The story was fast paced and full of details of an alien world, filled with gorgeous alpha alien men who get an eyeful on how hot earth women can be. I did not want Ral's and Ariel's story to end. The brothers and the father, Berr, round up the series with satsfaction. Ms. Dohner is amazing. Her Cyborg series and New Species are incredible. I buy her books as soon as they are out.