Profile for Inna Tysoe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 458

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Inna Tysoe "Inna Tysoe" RSS Feed (Earth)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
EC TECHNOLOGY® Samsung Galaxy S3 III i9300 Handmade Retro Genuine Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover With Credit Or Business Card Holder- Black Color
Offered by EC Technology US Store
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely case that looks great lying about in a house with many antiques., October 20, 2014
I like reading and the look of old books so naturally I loved the look of this wallet style leather case for my Galaxy S3 phone. My last leather case was nice until my dog stole it and chewed it with the phone license and cards inside. Fortunately the contents including the phone itself didn’t come out too badly but I needed a new protective case quickly. I was very pleased when this shipped really fast with prime 1 day free shipping. Better than I had hoped.

The case came in a very elegant box indeed. More like you would expect for jewelry than the usual cheap packaging. The case looks very nice indeed with embossed ribs in the spine just like those old pre 20th century books have.

I tried installing the phone and initially was disappointed, it wouldn’t stay locked in place. I noticed that the back of the case was slightly convex and pressing the back popped the phone out. Anyway, I straightened it gently and tried again a couple of times and finally it snapped in place and stayed there. I have had no problems since. So the case probably just got pulled out of shape by the leather expanding and contracting while in storage. It’s been perfect ever since. The fit for the phone is very good. Plastics have a tactile matt almost rubberized feel which makes it feel more expensive.

The case is designed to double as a wallet, one of the main reasons I wanted it. It has three card size pockets. The front most one has a transparent plastic window to display your drivers license. The window has a nicely finished hole in so you can press your thumb against the card and slide it out of the pocket. Instead of it getting stuck and hard to remove for ID purposes. The other two pockets will comfortably take two credit cards each and when closed the case flattens nicely into a nice book shape.

There is a larger pocket in the back is the length of the case and big enough to take paper bills, ticket stubs etc.

It looks nice and is leather with a suede finish inside and slightly polished suede on the outside. It’s a very nice case if you like old books like I do. And looks great lying on furniture. Especially if like me you have quite a few antiques and an older style house.

Despite the slight niggle initially, I am going to give this a 5.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable 5-Piece Everday Kitchen Basic Dishtowel Set, Includes 4 Dishtowels and 1 Dishcloth, Oversized, Dark Brown
Price: $21.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are nice looking dish cloths. Mine are a chocolate brown color with a cotton loop in one corner for easily hanging on hooks.

I found they were a bit coarse out of the packaging so I put them through the laundry before using them. They came out a little softer and more fluffy but still quite dense.

They are quite attractive dishcloths but in use they are only so-so. The three plain cotton dishtowels were good for about 3 large dinner plates before they ceased to be effective but handle silverware quite well. The slightly waffle textured one is more absorbent and does a better job but by the third dish these towels were mostly moving water around rather than soaking it up.

I went back and tested against my older dishcloths and was surprised that they were only marginally better. So these are ok, not fantastic. Only two of us in this household so these towels are fine for our needs and they do look quite nice. A larger household might want to do some research for something a bit better than these. Something a bit more fluffy and absorbent. These are quite densely woven and don’t soak up the water as well as I would like. The price is reasonable for towels that are of average utility but quite nice looking.

Whether you should buy them or not depends, I think, on your circumstances. They will work for a college student or a couple with no kids. They probably won’t work for a couple with kids or that entertains frequently.

Mega Bloks Call of Duty Ghosts Tactical Helicopter
Mega Bloks Call of Duty Ghosts Tactical Helicopter
Price: $61.38
13 used & new from $61.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a newbie when it comes to Mega Bloks. I had never heard of them till this set turned up. As a child I grew up with Lego and loved it. But it really does look like Lego targets a much younger market despite some pretty cool franchises. I also played COD since the original released almost 10 years ago. So when this huge, and fairly realistic looking 1000 piece set turned up I was more than happy to pick it up.

First thing I noticed was how many bags there are, bags in bags all seemingly random. This set comes with two manuals in comic book format which mostly uses pictures with few words.

There are a lot of steps and each one lists pictures of the parts needed and quantity. Then you simply follow the directions in the form of exploded diagrams with color-coded overlays to help determine where layers of bricks sit.

Overall it works. But the dark bricks are printed very dark in the manuals so it can be hard to count nubs and see some of the unique details of some blocks that only differentiate from a similar one very slightly.

The bags do not at first seem to have a logical order. But you do start to see patterns in how the bricks have been laid out. Bricks, thin planks over 4 nubs, another bag with similar under 4 nubs. unique parts and parts that look similar will not be in the same bag so you won’t easily confuse them and know to look in another. The only problem is you often have to sift through half a dozen bags filled with small parts to find the right one.

There is enough logic to how they have been distributed in the different bags that it is worth keeping the bags’ pieces together. Throwing all 1000 pieces in a big heap and trying to find the right bricks would be incredibly frustrating.

Initially the build starts off fairly simple, but within a few steps you will have opened a good 9 bags to find the parts you need. Often one step requires half a dozen bags to be searched. About half way through the number of bricks left have depleted enough that you start to find your way around. Good thing too, because at this point the model becomes very complex.

I say model, because in the end this really is a model kit more than it is a play set. It has many unique parts, lots of thin overlapping layers for structural rigidity. It feels like a work of art when you’re building it.

So it is really a block-based model kit and puzzle combined. And what a puzzle. I do on occasion build models and build high end RC cars from kits. And in some ways this feels like a model kit and 3D jigsaw rolled into one.

I wouldn’t recommend it for small children. The box says 12+ and I think that is a reasonable start. It’s a pretty tough build and requires some patience and discipline. A great model for a father and son to work on together if you can find the time. It will take at least a day, possibly two or three to build it and like a puzzle, half the time is spent searching for the bricks you want.

I think this is a great set, lots of details and it’s obvious that a lot of effort went into developing it. The figures are neat too with nice detail including articulated limbs at elbow and knees.

The Mega Bloks bricks are compatible with Lego bricks so you can modify or create some scenery out of Lego if you wish. The neat accessories are also compatible with Lego characters. Plus once finished you do have a few spare bricks left over. One of each of the smallest and most easy to lose. Which is a nice touch.

I recommend it.

Betta Bridges Pets Eye Stain Remover, 8-Ounces, Natural Ingredients
Betta Bridges Pets Eye Stain Remover, 8-Ounces, Natural Ingredients
Price: $16.85

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an all-natural, organic liquid for removing those typically pinkish/orange stains from around your dog’s eyes and mouth.

I have an elderly (16 year old) pug who has always been super healthy. But in the past year things have taken a turn for the worse. He had most of his teeth removed and suddenly in the last 6 months stains have appeared around his eyes, down his wrinkles and past his mouth to his chin.

We figured there wasn’t much to be done without expensive vet treatments. And you know how it is, one thing leads to another and at his age they would want all manner of scans and procedures to keep him going. And the last thing we want is for him to die by himself in a veterinarian hospital.

By chance we came across Betta Bridges stain remover and decided it was worth a try. And it seems to work.

All you need besides the product is cotton wool buds for application. Shake the bottle well, hold a cotton bud loosely against the spout and saturate the bud with liquid. The liquid has a pleasant aroma: a fairly strong citrus scent. It smells natural and doesn’t irritate me like many chemicals do.

I just wipe his face with the saturated pad, carefully as to avoid getting it in his eyes. He doesn’t seem to mind it, despite usually being quite touchy of things waved in front his face. We noticed it working almost straight away. After only a couple of days there is a noticeable reduction in stain on his face. The faintest pink on his cheeks soon all but disappeared. There is little doubt this product is working, though it will probably take time to get the stains from around his wrinkles. He now looks a lot more presentable and definitely more healthy.

I don’t know if the stains around the mouth and chin are eye stains or from drool (having few teeth left) but that is receeding too.

We haven’t noticed any side effects other than our other three pups love the smell and fuss over him after it is applied.

I recommend it.

DII Round Woven/Braided Placemats/Chargers, Metallic Red, Set of 6
DII Round Woven/Braided Placemats/Chargers, Metallic Red, Set of 6
Price: $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These place mats do indeed clean well as promised. They seem to be made of woven plastic but, having said that, they are well made which does indeed make them easy to clean. The braids are very close together so you won’t have to worry about food slipping through the “cracks” as it were. My big problem with the place mats is the coloring. Normally I love red as it goes with our décor but these are so shiny—they definitely have a Christmasy, metallic-sparkly feel to them. Which is fine if you’re decorating for Christmas and maybe even the New Year but what about the rest of the year?

Other than the color though (and you can get different colors) and these can be coordinated with other decorative items on with what is being served. Overall I think these are quite good place mats.

Philips Golite Blue Energy Light
Philips Golite Blue Energy Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work., October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Golight has a nice compact design with simple, intuitive controls. It's similar in size to a portable compact disk player. The light has a single button. Each press moves through three light intensity settings from bright to brightest and off. At the back of the unit, a hinged panel pulls out to form a simple stand. A strip of rubber lines the base of the unit and the stand make for good grip so it will not slide or wander if there is vibration.

It comes with a 9v adapter to plug into and a two-prong outlet. The transformer is built into the plug and extends sideways so on a standard outlet the other socket will not be obscured.

In use, the light looks very much like in the picture. Though in my case when I look at it I see an odd blue haze/glow around the screen. Almost like an 80's Spielberg movie effect. Initially I felt a little discomfort, an odd sensation but after a couple of days I got used to the light. And the glow when looking at the light seems to have less of a haze; the lamp more focused.

Over the last week I have noticed a couple of things that may or may not be a placebo effect. I put this light on for 20 - 30 minutes when I first sit In front of the computer in the morning. What I have found is that I do not get my customary craving to have a snack around 10 am and can make it to lunch without the usual cravings for sweet things. The other thing is that I get tired earlier at night. I often wake early and go to sleep after midnight. I now find myself feeling tired around 10:30 pm and am as tired as if it were an hour or two later.

But whether the light is responsible for this or if it's a placebo effect, I don't know. The gloomy rainy season has not set in yet, so I can't evaluate whether it lifts my mood. But I will update the review when I have opportunity to find out.

Barron's GMAT
Barron's GMAT
by Carl S. Pyrdum
Price: $14.45
87 used & new from $2.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, October 9, 2014
This review is from: Barron's GMAT (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The guide is well organized, provides a very good description of what the GMAT is about and has some very helpful tricks on how to solve the problems we are likely to encounter. It also has two sample tests so you can gauge whether or not you’re ready to take the test.

It will help whatever your weakness is (and you can figure out what that is thanks to the diagnostic skill test), it goes over the test on the computer, and has practice tests for each topic area (quantitative, verbal, writing, and reasoning). Best of all it tells you how it came up with the answers.

But as ever, simply having this guide won’t make you do well on the GMAT. Studying with it however should help.

Monster Beats Headphones Extension Cable 3.5 Extension Cable
Monster Beats Headphones Extension Cable 3.5 Extension Cable
Offered by MAXINITY
Price: $5.79
8 used & new from $4.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice extension cable I use to extend my gaming headset mic., October 8, 2014
This is one of two quality headphone extension cables I bought. This one is red and I use it to extend the mic. This is a nice slime low profile cable that works well. It is good quality and very attractive but not quite as rugged or as well insulated as the other one I bought.

I use the other one for headphones and this one for mic extending the reach from my gaming headphones to my PC soundcard. My PC sits on the floor under my desk.

I'm very happy with this purchase, especially when I got it at a great discount here at Amazon.

Aurum Cables 3.5mm Male To 3.5mm Female Stereo Audio Extension Cable - For iPhone, iPad or Smartphones - 6 Feet
Offered by CABLE-MIX
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great headphone extension cable for my PC with discreetly color coded collar., October 8, 2014
This is easily the best 3.5mm extension cable I could find for the price. Great quality and attention to detail in the design for added convenience. I really can't fault it. I also got a monster cable at the same time. This one is thicker but better insulated.

I use it to extend my headphone out from my PC sound card to my desk for headphones. It's great and very rugged. It is also color coded with a green collar without looking ugly (the green color being the standard headphone socket color for computers, while pink would me mic.

StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - F/M
StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - F/M
Price: $7.22
42 used & new from $6.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Hook up modern single plug headset/mic combos to your desktop PC., October 7, 2014
This is a reasonably priced adapter I use to get headsets and headphones with combined mic/ear in the same plug to work on my desktop PC which requires separate plugs for each.

Works great.