Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for C. Solomon > Reviews

Browse

C. Solomon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Solomon RSS Feed (San Diego, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
22mm Magnetic Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Magnet Closure Lock Band For 46mm Motorola Moto 360 2nd 2015 (YESOO Retail Packaging - 180 Days Warranty) (Magnetic Loop Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware! Does NOT fit the Moto 360 Gen 2 46mm watch!, March 30, 2016
3/20/16 UPDATE:After posting this review and packaging this product up for return shipment I noticed that the label on the box indicates that the band I received is for the Pebble Time Steel 2015. There is no mention of the Moto 360 Gen 2 2015 on the box at all. Therefore I assume YESOO may actually have a Moto 360 Gen 2 band, but that they shipped me the wrong band by mistake. I'll update this review again when I hear back from them.

Unfortunately the 5 reviews that proceeded mine did not mention anything about the watch that they were trying to use, so I had to fall into the trap of buying this band to try it myself. Let me be very specific. I own the large 46mm version of the Moto 360 Gen 2 (2015 Edition) that requires a 22mm band. If you also own this watch and are considering this band, then I encourage you to read on.

Sadly this product is falsely claiming that it fits this watch. The one side of the band on the fixed end fits perfectly into the lugs at the top side of the watch. However the other side with the movable peace that the band slides through for size adjustment was not machined properly. This peace is physically too large to fit into the lugs on the bottom side of the Moto 360 Gen 2. I have attached a photo showing how the pin in this piece of the band can not line up with the hole in the bottom lugs of the watch. The 2nd side of this last pin simply won't fit into the log hole. Its off my about 1mm.

This is particularly sad for me because I otherwise love this watch band. It looks great and fits me perfectly. I REALLY want to be able to use it, but until they redesign the movable piece that slides along the band holding the bottom side pin I don't see how any Moto 360 Gen 2 46mm watch users will be able to use this great looking product :-( I am unfortunately sending mine back now.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TotalMount Amazon Fire TV Mounting System
TotalMount Amazon Fire TV Mounting System
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, and easy to install!, March 27, 2016
I am amazed at how well this product works with Amazon Fire TV (both Gen 1 and Gen 2)!

Installation took me about 1 minute to hang onto the vertical air ventilation holes behind a VIZIO XVT3D474SV TV. Wow, what great engineering! This think is designed to hang from vertical, horizontal, or circular air vents. If that doesn't work for your setup, they include 3M branded foam tape to tape the mount to the TV as well as screws to screw it to the wall. I am also impressed with the thermal design which allows for bood air flow on both the top and bottom sides of the Fire TV.

I highly recommend this product for anyone with a wall mounted TV that wants to discretely mount their Amazon Fire TV.

TOPGREENER TSOS5-W In Wall PIR Motion Sensor Light Switch, Single-Pole, Fluorescent 500VA/ Motor 1/8Hp / Incandescent 500W NEUTRAL WIRE REQUIRED, White
Offered by Top Greener Electric Supply
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Auto Light Switch with Manual Override, March 27, 2016
APPLICATION: Home Theater Hallway Entrance Automatic Occupancy Switch with Manual Override

USE CASE: Automatically turns on the lights when entering the room allowing enough time to get settled before turning the lights off (I set it to 1min duration). I applied white electrical tape over a portion of the sensor so that it does not turn on the lights when passing this hallway without entering the room.

WHY THIS TYPE OF SWITCH: I selected this specific switch because I can quickly turn off the switch when getting up to leave the room so that I don't disturb others who are adjusted to the dim lighting. This switch will permanently stay off until its manually switched back into auto mode. Similarly, if I am entertaining without watching a movie I can set it to keep the lights on, even when no motion is sensed in the hallway.

THE GOOD: Works great with any kind of lighting (CFL, LED, Incandescent). The Leviton PR150-1LW Motion Sensing Light Switch that this was modeled after will cause many LED lights to flicker in the automatic setting mode, so I am replacing all of these in my house with the TOPGREENER version. I could not find any name brand (Leviton or Luxtron) switches with manual override control that also work with any lighting.

THE BAD: The industrial design is a little bulky ugly. The passive IR sensor protrudes from the wall giving it good 180deg visibility, but it doesn't look as modern and nice as the Lutron Maestro MS-OPS Motion Sensing Lightswitches that I use for high traffic areas or locations where I want reliable automatic control without any manual override. I am not familiar with the TOPGREENER brand. However the quality seems good.

NOTE: I am trying to go paper free and eliminate all printed manuals. TOPGREENER does not appear to post any PDF manuals on their website, so I am going to attach scanned copies of their paper manual with this review. I am uploading PNG files as Amazon does not allow me to attach a PDF.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T630 for Windows
Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T630 for Windows
Price: $49.99
63 used & new from $24.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work on Glass, February 9, 2016
During my travel I encounter a wide variety of surfaces and expect the best tracking from Logitech. I use their high end Logitech desktop mice with Darkfield support that tracks well on glass. I made the very bad assumption that a few years after they introduced Darkfield to the desktop mouse that this feature would become standard on their top end travel mouse. Unfortunately that's not the case. As I can't use it in the many hotels and offices that I encounter with a glass surface on the desk, sadly I will be returning this mouse.

StarTech PEXESAT32 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express eSATA Controller Card
StarTech PEXESAT32 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express eSATA Controller Card
Price: Click here to see our price
91 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Port Multiplier Aware AFTER Manually Installing Driver, January 3, 2016
I have purchased the "2x eSATA III" option otherwise known as "StarTech PEXESAT32 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express eSATA Controller Card" for a PC that absolutely requires PM (Port Multiplier) support to access individual drives connected behind a port multiplier.

Contrary to many Amazon reviews on this product page, this card is in fact 100% Port Multiplier Aware, but as shown in the Marvell 88SE9128 Product Brief (you can Google this), a manual driver installation is required on all versions of Windows in order to enable this feature.

PC: Dell XPS 8900
STORAGE ARRAY #1: Lacie eSATA 2 Drive Enclosure (Si Image SiI4723 Port Multiplier)
STORAGE ARRAY #2: SV2000 Steelvine eSATA 5 Drive Enclusre (Si Image SiI4726 Port Multiplier)
OS: Windows 10 (current build)

HOW TO GAIN PORT MULTIPLIER SUPPORT: My PC struggled to eventually only access the first drive in each of the above storage arrays when I followed the printed StarTech instructions from July 2011 included with the product. These were released before Windows 10, but indicate that for Windows 7 no driver is required because a driver is integrated into Windows. This is only true if you plan to directly connect a SATA HDD to one or both eSATA ports on this card. If you, instead, plan to connect multiple drives to each port with a Port Multiplier in between, then you absolutely must install a Marvell 9128 driver. Now you need to find the driver. The product includes a CDROM containing 29 different folders (with no Readme.txt or other index) for each of 29 different products that StarTech manufacturers.

IMPORTANT: The correct driver for all Windows Port Multiplier applications is in the following folder on the CD: \SATA6G_M9128. You need to manually install the driver by running this program: drvSetup.exe. A sucessfull manual installation will result in a "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller" entry in Windows Device Manager -> Storage controllers. FYI, I only figured this out by reading the part number on the SATA controller IC mounted on the board.

SUMMARY: This card works fine in Win 10 with a Port Multiplier, but I am rating the card with only 4 stars due to poor documentation and driver that is too challenging for normal users to locate on their CDROM. Clearly this is confusing as about half of the Amazon reviews for this product state that this card is Port Multiplier Aware while the other half state that it is not (and many returned it because they didn't know that a manual driver install was required). I would recommend this product, but personally would have preferred to have purchased a card that did NOT require any driver installation for Port Multiplier compatibility. The above mentioned Marvell Product Brief has a table indication that Marvell offers 2 other SATA controller ICs that have native PM support without driver.

Trace Minerals Concentrace Trace Mineral Drops-Glass, 4-Ounce
Trace Minerals Concentrace Trace Mineral Drops-Glass, 4-Ounce
Offered by HealthyDeals®
Price: $15.66
20 used & new from $15.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Precision trace mineral delivery system, May 24, 2015
This product was recommended by a nutritionist friend of mine for use with RO (Reverse Osmosis) systems to replace important minerals that are otherwise removed by the RO process. The theory is that by putting minerals back into the RO water that it will not leach minerals from your own body due to its otherwise low TDS (total dissolved solids).

Anyway, regardless of your reason for adding minerals to your diet, this is a great delivery mechanism. The bottle and dropper are made of quality glass. This works SO MUCH better then the lower cost plastic bottles from the same company where its difficult to control exactly how many drops you are getting. With this glass dropper I can measure out exactly 8 drops each time I fill by 20oz water bottle, and I can do so quickly and easily without wondering if I have added a few too little or too many drops.

The only downside of this 4oz glass bottle version is the cost. When I bought mine the price was almost as expensive as the 8oz plastic bottle. I recommend buying this 4oz glass bottle as your main bottle and then refilling using the 8oz bottle which has a much better price per ounce.

LENMAR Replacement Battery for Motorola EB41 - Retail Packaging - Black
LENMAR Replacement Battery for Motorola EB41 - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $19.30
5 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly in Motorola Droid 4, May 24, 2015
After my original Droid 4 battery swelled on my (popping off the back cover), I bought a Motorola EB41 branded replacement battery here on Amazon. That battery only lasted about a year before it too swelled and popped off the back cover. I decided it was time to change brands. So far so good with this brand. Friendly of them to include the special security screw driver. I'll update my review if I ever notice signs of swelling on this battery.

Cable Matters Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ 2 Port Compatible) to DVI Cable in White 6 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $10.99
14 used & new from $9.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great at first, but not reliable for daily plugging/unplugging., May 24, 2015
1 year ago I bought this for my wife to use 1 monitor with 2 different laptops (1 work and 1 personal). Almost daily she pulls the cable out of one laptop by the cable (not by the re-enforced connector) and then plugs it into the second laptop. Due finger nails and connector placement this cable pulling method is easier for her. However she learned the consequence that some wires are now damaged in the cable causing a loss in some colors.

I found that we can temporarily fix the problem by pulling upward on the cable after its plugged in and then letting go. However the cable is now very fragile and not something I want my wife having to bother with any more on a daily basis. This problem was caused by a fairly abusive use case, but it also emphasizes a potential design flaw in terms of long term robustness.

That said, if your application is for a fixed install with a one time plug, then I expect this cable will work great for you. As far as my wife is concerned, I'll be buying a replacement cable from another vendor.

Motorola Mobility Moto360 Smartwatch Charger
Motorola Mobility Moto360 Smartwatch Charger
Offered by Goldstar Tech
Price: $6.99
34 used & new from $5.95

2.0 out of 5 stars No AC/DC Power Supply Included, 5V USB Power Must be Supplied Separately!, January 31, 2015
Buyer beware! There is no AC/DC power supply included. The box contains only the wireless charging base and a generic micro USB cable. :-(
This is the official Motorola branded dock, but this is NOT the same charging cable that ships with the Moto 360 watch!
The Moto 360 ships with a 5Vdc @ 550mA AC/DC power supply with hard wired micro USB cable that can not be detached from the power supply.
However this wireless charging dock includes only a USB cable, so you need to purchase a power supply separately.
As the Moto 360 needs to be charged daily, using a Motorola approved power supply is wise to avoid fatigue on the 360's non-replaceable Li battery. Too bad those of us who travel frequently can't actually purchase a 2nd power supply for the road that is Motorola branded and recommended for this watch. You may be better off buying one of the low cost generic charging docs that looks just like this one, so you can put the money you save towards the purchase of a separate AC/DC power supply.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 4:06 PM PDT

White Noise
White Noise
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect travel companion, December 25, 2014
This review is from: White Noise (App)
Helps me sleep through hotel and airplane noises. I enjoy using this with Ultimate Ears Boom Bluetooth speaker for lots of base response with the Pink Noise sound.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3