Profile for 000. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

000. RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2
Adobe Photoshop CS4 One-on-One
Adobe Photoshop CS4 One-on-One
by Deke McClelland
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars CS4 Sofware's Helpmate, December 6, 2009
Upgrading software can be tricky, especially if you are in the middle of a large project. What to do? Change tools? Continue with CS3 while anxious to get going with CS4?

Enter Adobe Photoshop CS4 One-On-One.

Normally cannot tolerate manuals and I am even worse using "HELP."

However, this particular book has made transition so easy.

You can start from page one.......or you can jump to the chapter you need to know immediately.

Reviews are very easy if you forget as long as you "dog ear" and code same.

Don't be afaid to write in your own book. You will remember using your own reference terms.

Adobe helps the student as well as the pro. I was a student 7 years ago; now the Pro in me seeks out
the best Amazon has to offer.

Thanks Amazon and, of course, Adobe Photoshop.

Jackson
Jackson
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Daddy's little girl!, December 6, 2009
This review is from: Jackson (MP3 Music)
Nancy Sinatra. Daughter and apple of her Dad's eye. The man himself, Frank Sinatra.

I share same birth date with Nancy as my brother shares with Frank Jr. Growing up with The Chairman's music
made brother and I aware of the entire family and we waited to see if Nancy and Frank Jr. had any of Dad's talent. It was difficult for them. (Not forgetting Tina, she worked in different entertainment areas.)

When Nancy moved away from Dad to team up with others in the music industry, she became more interesting and fun. "Jackson" was the begnning. She also received more attention, better reviews and she still entertains from time to time. I have seen her many times and enjoyed her 'spunk' in a tough business.

Nickie

Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature
Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature
by Matt Kloskowski
Price: $36.23
86 used & new from $0.38

5.0 out of 5 stars I can FINALLY stop looking for this wealth of info and help!, December 6, 2009
Working with layers has made me insane since Photoshop 7.0 and I now use CS4.

Warm body teaching in a class; warm body tutor at home; books I cannot count - not to mention talking with many colleagues.

Nothing was sinking in to stay beyond one photo project at a time and then.... slowly.

Still, I have managed to photo people, perform "facelifts" on portraits using a little
of the retained layer info plus my own method devised to keep me from blowing up 5 computers.
And through all this I have managed to become a master at "retouching,"

Deke's "LAYERS" book finally broke through the block with simplicity. I have only minor complaints for future revisions but
not for myself as I was able to recognize what was missing. My work is somewhat easier and faster now with less cursing.

Thanks, Amazon, for bringing this book to my attention. Thanks, Deke, for putting this gem together.

Nickie

Sway
Sway
Price: $1.29

3.0 out of 5 stars EH?, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Sway (MP3 Music)
I chose this CD carefully to enjoy songs I knew to assess Buble.

No big deal. He's another Michael Feinstein..........Like where is he these days? Buble will disappear too. I am a long time Sinatra fan and Buble is NO Sinatra. Only Harry Connick can, if he wishes, do Sinatra. Even Frank was impressed. Harry is multi-talented which makes him so very good. He has lasted and will continue to do well.

Skylark
Skylark
Price: $9.99
64 used & new from $2.14

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Skylark (Audio CD)
I waited for years for this CD but have to admit,compared to the first two, this was disappointing so I don't play it much. The others I play all the time. Choice of songs is final assessment. Her voice and style are still wonderful.

Gold Toe Men's Windsor Wool Over the Calf Dress Sock, 3-Pack
Gold Toe Men's Windsor Wool Over the Calf Dress Sock, 3-Pack
Price: $21.00 - $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet for my husband.., April 25, 2009
Help for the one negative reviewer.......

You must wash and dry your socks separate from other laundry. The fuzz and pills are debris from other fabrics. I learned 25 years ago.

Meantime, I 'saved' and restored fuzzy socks by gently shaving them with a 'used' razor. No harm done to the socks.

Try it... you will be happy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 8:13 PM PDT

Kellogg's Special K2O Strawberry Kiwi Protein Water Mix, 0.47-Ounce, 7-Count Box (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., February 6, 2009
Non aspartame filling drink........ Good and good for you!
Took me off diet soda addiction.

White Christmas: Other Doo Wop Christmas Classics
White Christmas: Other Doo Wop Christmas Classics
12 used & new from $17.70

2.0 out of 5 stars ONLY ONE SONG IS GOOD, February 6, 2009
I was surprised that this album was boring OTHER than for the one song I wanted as a 'must have.' And that, of course, is White Christmas.

Had it on tape for years and play it every holiday season for 2 months.
This song is worth the price of the CD. It's cheap too.

The Appeal
The Appeal
by John Grisham
Price: $11.90
491 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not John's best work..., February 6, 2009
This review is from: The Appeal (Paperback)
Plotline is too familiar which throws you off but because it is Grisham, you stick with it. In all legal writings, I cannot turn page fast enough and will NOT stop reading from purchase to 'finish.' However, this one I put down, then pick up.....

Give it a shot, however. You may have more patience just being happy that Grisham has a legal book out once again. I really do not care for any of his other books except for THE PAINTED HOUSE. I was skeptical about that book but it was better than ok. Movie was not as good.

Kellogg's Special K2O Iced Tea Protein Water Mix, 0.49-Ounce, 7-Count Box (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthier than aspartame in addictive diet soda...., February 6, 2009
The title says it all....

I could NOT believe in 3 months I became addicted to aspartame in diet coke first...and other items trying to avoid too much sugar. I actually had a difficult time getting off that stuff and the cravings it caused for sweets in general.

Kellog's Special K20 is good, filling, stops craving. Amen.

Page: 1 | 2