ARRAY(0x9e66aed0)

Helpful Votes: 1971

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig RSS Feed (Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
All Surface Rug Pad (5-Feet by 8-Feet)
All Surface Rug Pad (5-Feet by 8-Feet)
Offered by Rug Shop and more
Price: $32.00
2 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, exactly as promised, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this product with the intention of using it on a rug of similar size, one with which we've had problems in the past. It's a small area rug on a hardwood floor. We tried it without anything underneath initially, and found that within a day or two our dogs had pushed it into a corner. We tried to remedy the problem with rug tape, but it was pretty much useless.

After taking this out of the box, I measured it against the rug and realized I'd have to cut some of the length to make it fit. I was able to do that easily using a pair of scissors. There was no need for great pressure or for utilizing cutting tools, as the padding cut easily. Once that was done, the pad applied easily to the floor. There's a slight smell to it initially (not unpleasant), and it does take some time to smooth out, but that's best done by placing the rug on it. I noticed immediately that the rug felt more stable, and having the pad underneath also makes it feel a lot more comfortable, similar to what you find with good carpet padding.

It's now been a few weeks, and I remain very happy. The rug has not been displaced even once, and it's great not having to pull the rug out of the corner every few days. This is a reasonably priced solution for anyone looking to stabilize a rug, and it's highly recommended.

indigo Fresh Dental Sticks, Medium
indigo Fresh Dental Sticks, Medium
Price: $16.99
22 used & new from $11.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge hit, better for smaller dogs, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dogs have always been fans of dental sticks, and to that end these haven't disappointed. If anything, these are even more popular than others that we've given in the past and will definitely be purchased in the future.

The picture on the bag may be slightly misleading, as a German Shepherd isn't likely to get much dental help from the sticks. My chocolate lab goes through these things in 30 seconds or less, so I don't see much benefit for her. Our pug, however, chews on these for long stretches which makes me think that she's likely getting benefits from it.

Excellent product from Indigo, a company whose products I've used in the past. Very highly recommended.

Venum Elite Boxing Gloves, Black/Red/Grey, 16-Ounce
Venum Elite Boxing Gloves, Black/Red/Grey, 16-Ounce
Offered by Triple Play
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gloves for the price, excellent choice for beginners, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Venum Elite Boxing Gloves (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Given the very reasonable price tag on these ones, I was expecting something poorly made and not of much use. So outside of the tacky large "Venom" lettering on the gloves, I really have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised.

The gloves are a "heavy" 16 ounces, meaning that they feel solid upon wearing. They're likely too heavy for someone looking to box as part of a cardio workout, but they're great for using a heavy bag or for sparring. The fit is comfortably snug, and they accommodate hands and wrists of different sizes. I've used them, as has my seven-year-old daughter, and they worked for both of us. For regular kid use I'd be looking for something lighter and smaller, but these are at least an option.

For the price, these are tough to beat. Not something I'd recommend for an actual fight, but a great deal.

Safco Products Vivo LED Lighting, Black
Safco Products Vivo LED Lighting, Black
Price: $105.35
6 used & new from $97.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in both form and function, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed taking this out of the box is that it has a design that I would describe simply as cool. With the wide base and sleek neck, the lamp looks modern and attractive. Anyone looking for something different than traditional lamps, especially for more contemporary rooms, will appreciate the design.

Functionally, this lamp is perfect. The LED light is incredibly bright, lighting up even the darkest room. We originally put this in our kitchen to test out its brightness at night, and it was an improvement over having multiple "traditional" lights on at the same time. In fact, the brightness has convinced me to go out and purchase LED bulbs for all of the fixtures in our house. Another positive feature of this light is that the neck is very flexible, allowing for the light to be angled in order to meet whatever the need might be in a particular room. For reading at night, it can be angled towards the bed, or can be used as a more "general" light for the whole room.

This isn't an inexpensive purchase, but it's a case of clearly getting what you pay for. Outstanding in both design and execution, this light would make an excellent addition to most any home.

Doing Harm
Doing Harm
by Kelly Parsons
Price: $19.67
84 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic medical thriller, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Doing Harm (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's tough to put on a number on how many books every year prove to be a disappointment after having high expectations about them. So it felt great after going into this one hoping for the best, and having the book actually exceed expectations.

The plot is nothing all that original - a "good" doctor who makes a mistake and gets himself into a situation that just compounds. In this case, Steve Mitchell becomes too attached to a female resident who sees Dr. Mitchell as the means to a particular end. After making a mistake that could jeopardize both his job and his family, he must work to try taking back his life. What separates this one from so many other similar-themed thrillers is that the characters and actions are believable. Steve isn't a normal guy who turns into a superhero like you find in so many thrillers, and Parsons does a great job of showing that Steve must balance all of his problems with having to still perform at work. The author is a doctor, and that's evident in the way he talks about the workings and relationships of a hospital.

I've read about 20 books so far this year, and this is my top fiction pick to this point. Fast, fun and enjoyable. No new ground is being broken, but that's okay. Parsons has a good story and executes it perfectly. Highly recommended.

The Ascendant: A Thriller
The Ascendant: A Thriller
by Drew Chapman
Price: $19.08
101 used & new from $3.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start, slightly weak second half, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In reading the synopsis of this title, I was slightly hesitant to pick it up and start reading. However, almost from the beginning this one pulls the reader in with an intriguing protagonist and a story that isn't one familiar to many readers of thrillers.

Garrett Reilly is a likable character, far from perfect which makes him more believable. The author does a good job in the first half of the book of making Garrett someone to root for (if somewhat reluctantly), as he tries to help his country while remaining true to his own beliefs. Around the time that Garrett becomes romantically involved with another character and dedicated to really helping, though, the book takes an unfortunate downturn into the annoying and unbelievable.

I find that romantic involvement in most thrillers adds nothing to the story, and that's definitely the case here. The pages spent on the relationship in this book don't fit with the characters and take away from the action, while the story at some point goes from slightly unbelievable to pure fantasy. The author is a screenwriter, and you can see that reflected in the novel's breakneck pace as it goes on. Unfortunately, he would have been better off just keeping it at least a little low-key instead of rushing the pace so much.

A good read for the beach or a flight, but one that could have been better.

Kyocera Torque, Black 4GB (Sprint)
Kyocera Torque, Black 4GB (Sprint)
Price: $329.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very average, April 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're looking for a phone that will serve as your only device, this isn't the choice. There's not enough storage space, it's not as friendly as other devices, the screen isn't large enough to promote friendly viewing over an extended period, and your carrier options are limited.

On the plus side, the screen brightness and clarity are quite good, the camera isn't bad, and the battery life is excellent. I'm biased in favor of Android over systems, so I would mark that as a plus although your view on that may depend on how you feel about Android versus another OS. The weight also isn't bad, especially for those upgrading from a previous-generation phone.

Overall, this isn't a bad choice for the new or casual call phone user. For those looking for something that will be on them 24/7, however, I'd recommend spending more and looking at something like a Galaxy or iPhone, depending on your OS preference.

Flutterbye Flying Fairy
Flutterbye Flying Fairy
Price: $29.99
61 used & new from $22.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Flutterbye Flying Fairy (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The idea behind this toy is a good one, and the concept is great. What little girl wouldn't want a fairy that she can control with hand movements? Unfortunately, the reality falls far short.

From the beginning, this one has proven to be a disappointment. It flew too high initially, and the control wasn't nearly as accurate as hoped, as we barely avoided a fairy-blow to the head of our daughter. When it works it does look and feel cool, as though you're really in control, but the movements are inconsistent.

At $35, I'd expect a product that works much better. Avoid this one, at least until the next model hopefully corrects the existing problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2014 11:46 AM PDT

iHome Type Series: Type Slim Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad 2/3/4, Black
iHome Type Series: Type Slim Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad 2/3/4, Black
Offered by Below Market Cellular
Price: $41.80
32 used & new from $3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very few flaws, March 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the fourth Bluetooth keyboard I have owned for use with my iPad. Previous ones have all had issues - one was too heavy, another was off-and-on in terms of pairing, and my last one simply quit working just after the 90-day warranty expired. Thankfully this latest attempt, while not perfect, is the first with which I have been really happy.

The keyboard is of typical size for an iPad keyboard, meaning that the keys are slightly smaller than a normal keyboard but still easily usable. I have found it easy to type, without the keyboard being overly sensitive to the slightest touch. I paired it initially without using the instruction manual, and it was very simple. The case is slim, attractive and lightweight making for a product that looks good and is easy to carry around.

The only negative I have found is that the clips on the sides don't wrap as easily as I would have hoped or liked. However, it can be done by just taking your time. All around, this is a fairly priced keyboard option that I would highly recommend.

Perfect Fitness Rip Deck System
Perfect Fitness Rip Deck System
Price: $58.77
3 used & new from $58.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and sturdy, easy to store, March 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was skeptical when this product arrived, as it reminded me of something I'd see at the "As seen on TV" store in the mall. However, soon after taking it out of the box it was obvious that the quality was much better than I had thought.

The Rip Deck is well-built, and easily supports my weight (170) without it feeling like I'm really pushing its limits. It can be easily used on any non-skid flooring surface, and can be folded up for storage or simply pushed to the side of the room. We generally just move it out of the way with some other equipment, so that we don't have to bother with setting it up each time. The ability to slide the handles on the track to use for simulating flys works better than I would have thought, although I would prefer more traditional methods for that and certain other exercises.

Overall, this is a sturdy, well-built unit. The price tag ($60) is hefty when compared to some simpler units like push-up handles, but it could prove of use to some for their home workouts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20