Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Craig > Reviews

Browse

Craig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 498

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig RSS Feed (Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies Fruit'ins Honey, Apple & Bacon Natural Crunchy Dog Treats, 6-Ounce Bag
Price: $5.99
8 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit with my dogs, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've had good success with other products from Old Mother Hubbard, and the same is holding true with these Fruit'ins.

The treats look like Fig Newtons, although the outside is hard in contrast to the chewier middle. The treats seem fresh, and the ingredient list is impressive in terms of quality.

Another good product from OMH.

Wellness CORE Grain Free Superfood Protein Bars Turkey & Duck Natural Dog Treats, 5.5-Ounce Bag
Price: $6.81
9 used & new from $6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Both of my dogs love 'em, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's tough to evaluate the taste of these treats since my dogs will eat pretty much anything, but these have proven to be a big hit.

The Wellness company has a good reputation, and I'm happy with the list of ingredients. Our dogs aren't overly sensitive, but I am somewhat careful in terms of what we choose to feed them and to that end I'm more than satisfied with what's in them.

Just Life: A Novel
Just Life: A Novel
by Neil Abramson
Price: $16.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but melodramatic, April 21, 2016
This review is from: Just Life: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought the premise of the book was a good one, especially as a lover of dogs. The plot has been rehashed enough already here, so I'll only say that I enjoyed the story without enjoying the characters. The action was well-paced and I think the reaction of the authorities were quite believable, but I found the characters either flat or flat-out unbelievable (ie. Andy and his relationship with the animals).

This was a quick read about an interesting story, but the characters and the melodrama kept it from being above average.

Fossil Men's Adam Bi-fold with Flip Id, Brown, One Size
Fossil Men's Adam Bi-fold with Flip Id, Brown, One Size
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this wallet!, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've owned a lot of wallets over the years, and this is easily my favorite. From the compact feel to the quality and design, I really couldn't be any happier.

Besides my license, I've also got about 8-10 cards that I use regularly and they all fit easily, while also being snug enough in their individual slots that I don't have to worry about them falling out. There is also room for a fairly large number of bills, although I unfortunately don't test that often enough.

Not much else I can say, this is just a great, great wallet. When this one wears out, I'll be looking for the same or very similar as a replacement.

1200 Thread Count 4 Piece Cotton Blend Solid Sheet Set, Full, Ivory
1200 Thread Count 4 Piece Cotton Blend Solid Sheet Set, Full, Ivory
Price: $68.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-fit and comfortable, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was excited to get this sheet set, as we've been planning to get a backup set for our main one. From the first time we put them on after an initial wash, we've been very happy.

These sheets fit our bed well, snug enough without having to stretch them a mile to fit the four corners of our bed. Even after several washes, I haven't seen any notable shrinking or had any problems fitting them. The high thread count likely contributes to the comfort of these sheets, and the material is also soft without being overly so.

Great sheets, and at a reasonable price.

WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology is the water removal tool for every home!
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pump at a great price, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Living in a town with a high water table, we are constantly aware of the danger of heavy rainfall and/or a broken sump pump. With this new Waterbug, the worry about small floods and standing water is a lot easier to take since we now have an easier way to remove the water.

Pumping at over 1,200 gallons per hour, this pump quickly - and very easily - takes care of any job that you're likely to face in your home. We've used it not only in our home, but also outside in our yard to remove some water from a small pond in the front yard. It's amazing to see how quickly and effectively it works. From a functionality perspective, the product is very easy to use. It fits well into small areas, and can discharge through a standard garden hose. Caps are provided to cover the unused ports, and there is a strainer designed to minimize clogging the pump. Cleanup should be done when you notice the pump laboring, but it's very easy.

This is one of the best products we've found over the past year, and I can't say anything bad about it. Effective and easy to use, it's just a great tool.

Boys Among Men: How the Prep-to-Pro Generation Redefined the NBA and Sparked a Basketball Revolution
by Jonathan Abrams
Price: $16.63
65 used & new from $12.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, one of the best basketball books this decade, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For anyone who grew up watching basketball from the '80s to '00s, the introduction of more players (unlike the occasional anomaly like Moses Malone) coming to the NBA from high school was a dramatic shift that changed the landscape of the game. From typically watching four-year college players in their early 20s to seeing teens like Kobe, Garnett and Jonathan Bender playing against men, everything changed during this era. Abrams has done a great job of not only recounting this tumultuous time, but of examining the impact of this change not only on the game but on the individuals involved.

Abrams does an outstanding job of maintaining his subjectivity, not passing judgement on whether the change was good or bad for the NBA and the players and families involved. Through discussions with the league brass, team executives and players, he gives as complete a picture as possible as to the reasons behind this change, including the movement towards an AAU-dominated basketball culture, shoe contracts, access to a previously untapped talent pool, and of course money. Some of the stories we learn about are tough, especially those of players who were rushed to the NBA by those hoping to profit from their talent. At the same time, Abrams also provides some happier examples, even surprising ones like Eddy Curry, a guy many considered a bust but who managed to carve out a nice career.

The field of basketball history writing isn't nearly as deep as that of other sports like baseball, but I'm seeing more (and better) books being written. This belongs in that group, and it's one of the best I've read. I would recommend this to any basketball fan, or any fan of sports history.

Keep You Close
Keep You Close
by Lucie Whitehouse
Price: $21.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspenseful and enjoyalbe, April 21, 2016
This review is from: Keep You Close (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's unfortunate that every novel with an unreliable narrator and plot twists has to be inevitably compared to Gone Girl, but that's likely what will happen with this novel from Whitehouse. And while the author may not have the success of Gillian Flynn with this one, it's nonetheless a page-turner likely to appeal to mystery/suspense fans.

Although the story is, on the surface, about the death of artist Marianne Glass, it's much more about her friend Rowan Winter and events that transpired a decade ago that led to the falling out between the two. Moving between past and present, we learn not only about Rowan's investigation into Marianne's death but also about her history with the Glass family. The story moves along briskly, with some characters well-developed like Rowan while others seem to lack anything that makes them compelling. And while there isn't a huge number of twists, there's enough to keep the reader guessing before a strong ending.

I'd give this 3.5 stars, a good book that could have been a little better.

Disappearance at Devil's Rock: A Novel
Disappearance at Devil's Rock: A Novel
by Paul Tremblay
Price: $20.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but a suspenseful and sometimes creepy read, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a bit of a frustrating read for me, if only because I feel like Tremblay came so close to writing a great novel but fell just a little short.

When teenager Tommy disappears, the stories told by his friends about what happened both on and preceding the night of his disappearance are scattered. It's left up to Tommy's mom and sister to try to piece together what occurred, and they are eventually aided by the possibly supernatural appearance of pages from Tommy's diary. The story is then revealed slowly to us, culminating in an ending that is sensible and satisfying.

I really liked the premise of this one, and the writing and dialogue are both good. Unfortunately, I didn't find any of the characters compelling enough to really care about what happened to them. Even with that, this was still an enjoyable read by an author who hopefully has many more books in him.

The Trap
The Trap
by Melanie Raabe
Price: $16.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Unlikable lead character hurts this one, March 16, 2016
This review is from: The Trap (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like the approach Raabe has taken in this book in terms of an unreliable narrator telling a gripping story. Unfortunately, the protagonist is a difficult person to cheer for, and that makes this a less enjoyable read than it could have been.

After discovering the body of her murdered sister a dozen years before - and catching a glimpse of the killer - author Linda Conrads has become a recluse who pays little attention to the outside world until the day she sees her sister's murderer on TV. From that scenario arises a relationship of sorts between Linda and the man she suspects killed her sister. Of course, the question remains as to whether he's really the killer or just a contrivance of Linda's active imagination.

There are plenty of twists, and the book is very well-written. What I didn't like is that Linda after a while just becomes annoying with her behaviors to the point where the reader feels like giving her a shake. Still, this is a quick and enjoyable read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20