Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Craig > Reviews

Browse

Craig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 504

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig RSS Feed (Ohio)

Price: $22.00
8 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars An awful mess of a product, May 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this product because we've had another Franklin mini-net for the past three years and we've been very happy with it. Unfortunately, this MLS Insta-set was a dud right out of the box and it's now sitting in a pile of junk for my next dump run.

Two of the four corners were connected upon opening the box. The two that weren't both had pieces that had already broken off, meaning that it was impossible to snap together. Not that it's tough to assemble, but even a simple instruction sheet would also be helpful. I thought we'd be able to at least salvage the ball, but it's actually a fraction of the size of a real ball and resembles more something that you'd find at Chuck E. Cheese.

Very disappointing, especially given how well our other Franklin net has worked. Cheaply made, and not worth the cost. I would recommend avoiding this one completely.

Hershey's Party Mix Snack Size Assortment, 48 Ounce
Hershey's Party Mix Snack Size Assortment, 48 Ounce

4.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for parties, May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this product for a birthday party that was upcoming, where we were planning to use a pinata. In our case, this was a useful choice because it contains a nice mix and a large number of individual candies. The box claims 165, but we found slightly more in ours.

There's a mix of licorice and candies, with the licorice choices (Nibs, Pull & Peel, Twists) making up about a third of the product. There's a small number of pops, then an even mix of hard and soft Jolly Rancher candies. Because I'm not a fan of some of these products, I wouldn't buy this for my own cravings but if you enjoy these Hershey's offerings then this would also be useful for personal consumption.

A good choice for parties, pinatas, or for someone who really loves candy.

Perky-Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone Cylinder Wild Bird Feeder
Perky-Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone Cylinder Wild Bird Feeder
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and effective., May 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our yard attracts a lot of birds, but we unfortunately also draw a large number of squirrels so I was excited to try out this new Perky-Pet feeder. After a couple of weeks of use, I couldn't be happier.

The feeder felt a little lighter than I expected and the plastic seems thin, but it's proven pretty durable in early use. The opening at the top in which you pour the food is relatively narrow, but we didn't experience any problems in filling the feeder. We currently have it hanging it from a small canopy on our deck, and it was very easy to place. I also like that the attachment doesn't feel like it's in any danger of falling.

We've had no issues with squirrels getting into the feeder, and if they've tried then they seem to have given up. Plenty of different varieties of birds have been making use of the feeder to the point where we're filling it multiples times each week. I was concerned about how easily birds would be able to utilize the perches, but that hasn't been an issue at all.

We have gone through a number of feeders overt the past few years, and this is undoubtedly one of the best we've used. A great feeder at a very good price, highly recommended.

I'm Fascinated by Sacrifice Flies: Inside the Game We All Love
I'm Fascinated by Sacrifice Flies: Inside the Game We All Love
by Tim Kurkjian
Price: $16.86
58 used & new from $12.72

3.0 out of 5 stars Less a book than a series of anecdotes, May 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There's no doubting Tim Kurkijan's passion and knowledge when it comes to baseball and that's why I was so excited to get this book. Unfortunately, this is simply a collection of anecdotes, many of which are repetitive, and there's very little that will likely enlighten any serious fan of the game.

Kurkijan highlights a lot of former players and fellow talking heads with whom he's worked, picking out his favorites and telling us why he liked them so much or how they impacted him and/or the game. I enjoyed those pieces, but at the same time it would be nice to see even a little bit of criticism or some discussion of those with whom he may not have always had such warm and fuzzy relationships. Too many of the stories also feel rushed, like the author or his publishers were trying to fit too many items into too few pages. I also found the mix of his stories with input from some major leaguers (Adam Dunn is a frequent voice) to be an odd combination, like they weren't sure where to go with the book and just threw everything together.

Kurkijan has been around the game for several decades and I feel like he's got a lot of stories still to tell. Unfortunately, this one was disappointing in that it leaves so much on the table and I didn't come out of it feeling like I'd learned anything new or interesting. I'm not expecting a Rob Neyer-style approach full of stats and historical lists, but I'd love to see Kurkijan write something with a little more gravity that really takes advantage of his experience.

The Far Empty
The Far Empty
by J. Todd Scott
Price: $16.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, dark first effort, May 18, 2016
This review is from: The Far Empty (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The words "gritty" and "dark" are both used by the publisher to describe this first novel from Scott, and in this case they're very accurate. This is a steadily paced, well-written first novel that walks the line between a western novel and a work of crime fiction.

Chris Cherry is a former football hero who has come home to become a police officer. Soon his path crosses that of Caleb Ross, the son of Chris's boss, the longtime local sheriff with a history of disappearing wives. The cast is rounded out by colorful characters like the sheriff's Chief Deputy and onetime henchman who struggles with a drug dependency and bad memories of his childhood.

Scott also does an excellent job of using the "far empty" of West Texas and the bordering Mexican towns as a character of its own, providing a very fitting backdrop for this often-depressing tale where many of the characters also seem to suffer their own isolation. An excellent first novel.

Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies Soft Bakes Carrot & Pumpkin Natural Soft Dog Treats, 6-Ounce Bag
Price: $5.99
8 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for older dogs, or those with dental problems, May 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of our dogs is a well-aged pug who had to have about half her teeth removed shortly after we adopted her, due to serious dental neglect. Not surprisingly, we have a hard time finding treats that she can chew without great difficulty.

These have been perfect for her, easily chewable even without many teeth to utilize. They also appeal to our younger Lab, which isn't a great surprise given how good they smell. Another big hit from Old Mother Hubbard.

Old Mother Hubbard Gourmet Goodies Fruit'ins Honey, Apple & Bacon Natural Crunchy Dog Treats, 6-Ounce Bag
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit with my dogs, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've had good success with other products from Old Mother Hubbard, and the same is holding true with these Fruit'ins.

The treats look like Fig Newtons, although the outside is hard in contrast to the chewier middle. The treats seem fresh, and the ingredient list is impressive in terms of quality.

Another good product from OMH.

Wellness CORE Grain Free Superfood Protein Bars Turkey & Duck Natural Dog Treats, 5.5-Ounce Bag
Price: $6.81
8 used & new from $6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Both of my dogs love 'em, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's tough to evaluate the taste of these treats since my dogs will eat pretty much anything, but these have proven to be a big hit.

The Wellness company has a good reputation, and I'm happy with the list of ingredients. Our dogs aren't overly sensitive, but I am somewhat careful in terms of what we choose to feed them and to that end I'm more than satisfied with what's in them.

Just Life: A Novel
Just Life: A Novel
by Neil Abramson
Price: $16.82
51 used & new from $12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but melodramatic, April 21, 2016
This review is from: Just Life: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought the premise of the book was a good one, especially as a lover of dogs. The plot has been rehashed enough already here, so I'll only say that I enjoyed the story without enjoying the characters. The action was well-paced and I think the reaction of the authorities were quite believable, but I found the characters either flat or flat-out unbelievable (ie. Andy and his relationship with the animals).

This was a quick read about an interesting story, but the characters and the melodrama kept it from being above average.

Fossil Men's Adam Bi-fold with Flip Id, Brown, One Size
Fossil Men's Adam Bi-fold with Flip Id, Brown, One Size
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this wallet!, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've owned a lot of wallets over the years, and this is easily my favorite. From the compact feel to the quality and design, I really couldn't be any happier.

Besides my license, I've also got about 8-10 cards that I use regularly and they all fit easily, while also being snug enough in their individual slots that I don't have to worry about them falling out. There is also room for a fairly large number of bills, although I unfortunately don't test that often enough.

Not much else I can say, this is just a great, great wallet. When this one wears out, I'll be looking for the same or very similar as a replacement.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20