Profile for Craig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 427

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig RSS Feed (Ohio)

Price: $19.88
9 used & new from $19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the Barbie family, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our young niece visits often and is a huge Barbie fan, and she fell in love with this one immediately.

The quality of the doll is average, essentially the same plastic that seems to account for most of the dolls we've purchased over the past several years (with the exception of American Girl). This particular doll is supposed to of course be Courtney, from the upcoming Barbie Rock n Royals film. When the microphone is lifted to her mouth, she "transforms" by revealing a shorter skirt and singing two songs included in the film. I've now heard those songs many times and as a parent, I'd have to say that they could be much worse.

My own kids are past the Barbie stage, but for anyone with someone in their family who's a fan of her and the franchise, this is a good option.

Bostitch QuietSharp Vertical Executive Electric Pencil Sharpener, Black (EPS9V-BLK)
Offered by My office innovations
Price: $30.68
33 used & new from $7.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sharpener, no problems, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Given our experience with this sharpener, I was very surprised to see the large number of one-star reviews. Granted we have only been using this sharpener for a few weeks, so perhaps any prospective buyers should take that into account.

This is the second sharpener in our house and the first Bostitch, and we're very impressed. My daughter does a lot of drawing so we've placed this in her room for use on pencils and pencil crayons. I like the speed with which this does its job, and how nicely it sharpens everything we've so far tried. The sharpener also lives up to its Quietsharp name, as the motor does its job quietly especially when compared with some others I've used in the past.

Again, our experience so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Hopefully Bostitch has improved the product to alleviate some of the problems mentioned in many of the one-star comments. For us, this has a been a great addition to our household.

Card 'N' Go Seek Game
Card 'N' Go Seek Game
Price: $13.66
2 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Family fun, July 17, 2015
This review is from: Card 'N' Go Seek Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We purchased this one for the kids, to give them a card game that would also keep them a little more active. We've had a great time playing it as a family, and everyone gets completely into it. Nobody seems to care about winning and losing, and everyone just has a huge amount of fun.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but we've had lots of fun with this game over the past couple of weeks. An excellent choice for families.

Fruit of the Loom Men's 6 Pack Crew T-Shirt, White, Medium
Fruit of the Loom Men's 6 Pack Crew T-Shirt, White, Medium
Offered by Russell Athletic
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $14.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Too tight, awkward fit, July 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These shirts seemed to be a good fit out of the pack, but after the first wash they shrunk up quite a bit. The material is soft and comfortable enough, but they're a little too snug for my liking.

A passable undershirt, but I prefer something like an Under Armour T-shirt that fits a little looser.

DII Halloween Lace Table Runner for Halloween Parties, Décor, Dinners, 18 by 72-Inch, Black
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Halloween accessory, July 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This runner is long enough to cover the entire length of our table, and the design is cool and unique. Large spiders with nicely woven webs, and excellent quality.

A great choice for Halloween decoration that goes beyond stickers in the windows.

DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, Taupe
DII Bone Dry Microfiber Dog Bath Towel with Embroidered Paw Print, Taupe
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works quickly, excellent absorbency, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've been using this product for the last several weeks, and it works so well that we've picked up a second one.

As the owners of a lab, we spend a lot of time at the beach near our place having the dog fetch a tennis ball from the lake. In the past, we've used traditional beach towels or bath towels to dry the dog off a little before walking/driving home, but we spent a great deal of time on drying only to find that she was still pretty wet by the time we got home. With this microfiber option, that problem has disappeared. With much less effort, and less time spent, our dog is almost completely dry before we even leave the beach.

The towel feels much softer to the touch than the bath towels used previously, it's very light in terms of weight, and even when used more than once it doesn't quickly take on that awful moist/musty smell like some other towels. Easy to clean, and even after repeated washings I don't feel like it has lost any of its effectiveness.

This is one of those rare products that I feel has made our lives a little better or easier. Highly recommended.

TP-LINK RE210 AC750 Universal Wireless Dual Band Range Extender, Gigabit Ethernet Port, Wi-Fi Repeater, Wall Plug, Plug and Play, High Speed Mode, Intelligent Signal Indicator
Price: $54.99
51 used & new from $46.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice choice for simple home networks, July 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Because of our house layout, our router sits in the basement electrical closet meaning that our kids' bedrooms two floors above receive a very weak signal. We got this item with the hope that the signal on the top floor would be improved, and we've been very impressed.

Setup out of the box was simple. I just plugged the extender into the wall, used my laptop to go to the web address in the instructions, walked through a couple of very easy steps, and soon after moved the extender to our desired location. I can't imagine even the least tech-savvy person having any trouble with the directions, as they're all clearly explained and easy to implement. They could do a better job of explaining what the buttons are for on the device, but that's a minor quibble.

As for performance, we have gone from getting one bar in the furthest reaches of our home to the four-five range. Previously my kids had trouble streaming Netflix because of the weak signal, and that seems to have now been remedied. I've read that some users have noted a decrease in network performance after implementation of this extender, but that hasn't been an issue in our case. I'm very pleased with this product, and I'm surprised only that we waited so long to try a solution like this.

AmazonBasics Waterproof Car Bench Seat Cover for Pets
AmazonBasics Waterproof Car Bench Seat Cover for Pets
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic cover, does its job well, July 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We put this in the smaller of our two vehicles, one with a grey interior, and it fits quite well across the rear seats although I don't find that it fits as tightly as I'd like. The cover is quite lightweight without feeling cheap, and it does a good job of protecting the seats without causing hair to be flying around once the dog is off it. It does hang down enough to cover the seat front, but you'll need something additional if you're hoping to also cover the floor.

In terms of maintenance, the cover is quite easy to clean especially if you're willing to scrub it with a strong brush. Just throwing it in the washer will remove some of the hair, but anyone who has pets knows that a simple wash is never enough for covers, blankets, etc. I had some concerns about the dark cover attracting heat and making the seat uncomfortable for our dog, but even on days of heavy sunshine it hasn't been too bad.

Overall, we're so far pleased with the performance. It's a pretty simply designed product, but does its job well.

The Fixer
The Fixer
by Joseph Finder
Price: $19.01
97 used & new from $8.91

4.0 out of 5 stars I found Rick to be a bit of a jerk for much of the novel - his attempts to show off to a new love interest were cringe-worthy -, June 20, 2015
This review is from: The Fixer (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm sure we've all had that dream at some point in our lives of finding a large amount of money, and that's exactly what happens to Rick Hoffman while renovating his late father's home. Rick then spends the rest of the book trying to find out the origins of the money, and why it was hidden behind a wall.

There aren't a lot of surprises in this one, but Finder keeps the pages turning anyway. I found Rick to be a bit of a jerk for much of the novel - his attempts to show off to a new love interest were cringe-worthy - but his intentions ultimately are good. The action is well-plotted, and the resolution is satisfactory.

This one is exactly as advertised - a fast, entertaining read.

Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean Ready-To-Spray, 32 oz.
Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean Ready-To-Spray, 32 oz.
Price: $7.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, but that's about it, June 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used a lot of Scotts products with success over the years, and this is the first one in which I've been disappointed. There are a few reasons for my unhappiness with this cleaner:

1) Hooking the bottle up to a sprayer is not as easy as I'd like I was able to get it accomplished, but it's something with which I can see people having trouble.

2) It doesn't spray very far, as compared to some others I've used on our home.

3) Most importantly, I didn't find the cleaning action all that good. I used this on buildup on some siding, and even with extensive scrubbing the surface was far from clean.

To be fair, I've had success using this on some other surfaces but overall it hasn't quite met my expectations. I'll continue to use Scotts products, but this one doesn't measure up to many of their other offerings.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20