Profile for Craig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 394

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig RSS Feed (Ohio)

Price: $10.79
48 used & new from $7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding choice for summer learning, February 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked up this workbook along with another (Grades 2-3) for my younger daughter in anticipation of this upcoming summer. In looking through the book and reading the suggested instructions, it's quite obvious that this will be a thorough tool for reinforcing what's learned during this school year. I always find it frustrating that students essentially spend two months losing everything they've just learned, so I'm excited about putting these tools to use.

The activities are broken down into three sections, with all activities designed to be progressively more difficult as the summer goes along. The editors suggest doing two pages per day, which by estimate would likely take 20-25 minutes for the early activities and about 30-40 as they become more difficult. The presentation is very clear, the subjects and sub-topics are logically arranged, and all activities have a nice aesthetic appeal that should help "selling" it to kids.

This is an excellent book, one that pairs well with year-long activity books like the Brain Quest series. I'd highly recommend this series to any parents trying to keep their kids' learning skills sharp during the summer, without taking away too much of their fun time.

Pyle PSBV250BT Audio Level Bluetooth Stereo SoundBar Home Theater Digital Speaker System, Remote Control and AUX Input
Price: $88.99
15 used & new from $82.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but a good value, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Setup on this one is easy, just connecting the bluetooth right out of the box and into the TV's audio input. No complicated steps, and I can't imagine any problems unless you're using a TV that doesn't have inputs (where an adapter might be needed). The speaker has some size to it, but it's visually appealing and should fit well with a larger television.

The sound quality is decent for the price, although there are better options available for those willing to spend another $40-$50. Clarity is quite good, which is a problem I've run into with other bluetooth options.

This one should prove useful especially for those whose TVs are wall-mounted with speakers in the back of the television, meaning much of the sound is lost or directed away from the viewer. A good product at this price.

Crest Pro-Health HD Daily Two-Step Toothpaste System Tubes, 6.3 Ounce
Crest Pro-Health HD Daily Two-Step Toothpaste System Tubes, 6.3 Ounce
Offered by DropAir
Price: $29.49
5 used & new from $13.11

5.0 out of 5 stars as my teeth definitely look better than they did even a short time ago, February 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was a little nervous about trying the HD Daily, as I've always been wary of any whitening formula used outside of a dentist's office. This one has won me over with the results, however, and it definitely works at least in the short term.

I've used the product for about two weeks, and my mouth does feel fresher and cleaner. The promised whitening effects are also noticeable even after a short period of use, as my teeth definitely look better than they did even a short time ago. The taste and feeling of tMy he toothpaste take a little getting used to, as does the idea of brushing twice, but the outcome is worth it. I'm not sure whether my gum health has improved since starting application, but they feel good and it's again one of the intended benefits of the product.

My only concern regarding the Crest HD Daily is that the cost of continuing long-term could be prohibitive for some, as it's not an inexpensive product. I did have previous concerns about the long-term effect on my teeth as well, but they've been greatly alleviated after some online reading. This is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an easy-to-use whitening product.

The Friendship of Criminals
The Friendship of Criminals
by Robert Glinski
Price: $19.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Crime fiction at its best, February 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having read so many action thrillers recently, this one admittedly started a little slow for my liking. However, Glinski's debut soon revealed itself to be a masterfully written piece of crime fiction about competing Mob families in Philadelphia.

This isn't an edge-of-your-seat page-turner, although there's a fair bit of action included throughout the novel. Instead, it's a well-paced, well-plotted novel full of complex and interesting characters that slowly builds momentum towards a satisfying conclusion. The writing is crisp, the prose is believable, and characters are likable even with all their faults. Glinski's writing may seem spare to some readers, but I appreciated the fact that he didn't feel the need to provide too much unnecessary information or detail.

A great debut, one of my favorites so far this year. Highly recommended for any crime fiction fans.

DII Oceanique Shower Curtain 100% Polyester, Machine Washable, for Everyday Use, Kids, Teens, Extra Bathroom, Main Bathroom 72 x 72", Textured Solid, Cool Brown
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars We've been fortunate to not have that in our case, February 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was a little concerned about this one, having read a number of reviews complaining about water or other stains on the curtain upon opening the package. We've been fortunate to not have that in our case, and I'm so far impressed with the curtain.

Hanging the curtain was easy, and the holes are reinforced well enough that I don't fear any tearing. We've got this in our daughters' bathroom, so that's always a concern given that they're not known for treating household items gently. The curtain holes are also large enough that it wasn't difficult to fit onto hooks.

The look and feel are both good, probably better than I'd expect at this price. The material feels durable and I haven't noticed any problems with poor stitching or uneven lines, and it looks good installed in our bathroom. Overall, we're very happy. Good quality at a good price.

Mead 2-Inch D-Ring View Binder, Pack of 4, White (W465-44WPP)
Mead 2-Inch D-Ring View Binder, Pack of 4, White (W465-44WPP)
Price: $30.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size, but a weak spine, February 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We've been very happy with Mead products for years, so I've been a little disappointed with this binder. It's certainly passable and I'm making use of it, but it doesn't seem to be of the same quality I've come to expect from this brand.

At about eight dollars per binder, I would have expected something heavy-duty but the spine and covers both feel rather feeble. The spine seems to fold in a little too easily, and the covers both have slight marks already from moderate use (D-rings pressing against them). I do like the size, and the rings feel strong and solidly attached. This isn't a bad product at all, just not quite what I'd expect from Mead at this price.

Zenna Home E35603BN01, NeverRust Aluminum Curved Shower Curtain Rod, 44 to 72-Inch, Satin Nickel
Price: $47.91
2 used & new from $47.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice-looking, well-made, February 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's surprising what a difference a curved rod can make to a shower. We've only had this installed for a couple of weeks, and it's had an impact on my kids using the bathroom. Showers have become longer, and they've commented about how much roomier it seems in there.

The price of this one is fair, especially when compared to some similar products I've seen at home stores. It feels very sturdy and looks great, and improves the look of the room. My only criticism is that the installation might be a bit of a pain for those who aren't handy, especially with regards to the possibility of making use of the drywall anchors that are included. It's not something that an amateur can't do, but you should be prepared to spend at least an hour getting this one installed.

In summary, I'd say this is a good product at a fair price and one that can have a nice impact on the look and feel of your shower.

o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons, Super, 40 Count
o.b. Pro Comfort Tampons, Super, 40 Count
Price: $6.49
15 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A trusted brand in our house, January 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife uses the o.b. brand on a regular basis, and it's her tampon of choice. They may be slightly more expensive than some other options, but she's never had issues with comfort and/or leaking. She didn't really find the Silk Touch to make a difference compared to the regular ones, but neither was it bad.

Overall, she's very pleased as usual with these.

The Patriot Threat (Cotton Malone)
The Patriot Threat (Cotton Malone)
by Steve Berry
Price: $20.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Berry in a while, January 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've found the Cotton Malone series to be hit and miss, with a strong preference for the early books. This one has some of the excitement and interesting ideas espoused in the early efforts, but falls a little short of ranking with the best in the series.

This time around, Cotton is drawn into a conspiracy involving China, North Korea and the U.S., all relating to some documents that may prove the illegality of the American government's right to tax income, as outlined in the 16th Amendment. Berry as usual does an excellent job of incorporating a nice mix of history and conjecture to advance the story, and Malone remains a likable lead. Both FDR and Andrew Mellon play significant roles in the book, and Berry has obviously done his research in terms of some of the historical elements included.

The whole story takes place over a period of about 24 hours, which keeps the action going but also makes for a number of sequences that challenge even the most willing suspension of disbelief. I'm all for a fast-paced read, but I would have appreciated a little more meat on the bones in this one. Even with that criticism, though, I'd still recommend this to fans of Berry and Cotton Malone. It's not his best, but it's still a fun and easy read.

Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm, 3.3 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm, 3.3 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Price: $13.27
4 used & new from $5.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Feels great, smells a little strong for me, January 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Dove post-shave balm and I've been very happy with its performance, so I wasn't sure what I'd think of this alternative from Nivea. But like most Nivea products I've used in the past, this one works well.

The first thing I noticed about this balm compared to others is the bottle itself, which is made of heavy glass instead of the plastic used by most of its competitors. I would have preferred a squeeze-type bottle to one with an open end, but the balm at least doesn't come out messily or too easily. Upon application it feels slightly cold, but in a good way, before turning towards a more comfortable warmth. I feel like the softness and ease on skin that the Nivea provides is comparable to what I get from Dove.

The only aspect of the Nivea product that I don't like is the smell, which is relatively pleasant but a little too cologne-like for my tastes. I'm hesitant to let that color my review too much, however, since that same smell may appeal to many others. Overall, I'd say that this is a nice product and one that I'd recommend to other guys.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20