Profile for C. Brown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Brown RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
ATE EU1017 Original Disc Brake Pad Set
ATE EU1017 Original Disc Brake Pad Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased So Far....., October 3, 2014
I don't know why these pads are listed at this price and seem rather difficult to find but I used them as replacements on an 04' Jetta TDI Sedan and have been pleased so far. They stop smoothly with no grinding and respond predictably to brake pedal input. Since they are German made pads, some may be have issues since they have a reputation for yielding heavy black brake dust that can leave a nasty coating on your wheels. However, I'm of the opinion that since ATE is a supplier to many German car manufacturers (BMW, Mercedes, VAG, etc.) and have been in the business of designing braking systems to meet the demands of high speed Autobahn driving, I'll learn to deal with "a little brake dust" as a consequence of quality and performance.

Note: These pads are for the rear.

ACDelco 18A943 Professional Durastop Rear Disc Brake Rotor Assembly
ACDelco 18A943 Professional Durastop Rear Disc Brake Rotor Assembly
Price: $25.21
5 used & new from $21.73

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good On My 2004 Jetta TDI, September 29, 2014
I recently used these rotors to replace the original VW rotors (made in MExico) and pads that lasted 92K miles. Although the Amazon vehicle fitment check says this rotor is not the correct one for a 2004 VW Jetta....... IT IS THE CORRECT ONE. It might also fit other years of VW's with the Mark IV body that use the smaller size rotor as well, however I am not sure of that. Anyway, I just finished replacing the rear rotors and pads. Although the rotors are made in China, they seem to be of a good quality and finish. The "top hat" and rim of the rotor are also finished in black. I'm not sure how long this finish will last but thinks it's an effort to minimize the appearance of rust on these surfaces. The rotors went on without a problem and together with my ATE pads make for smooth and confident stops.

Only time will tell how these rotors will hold up and prove whether or not the "metallurgy" is up to snuff.

Conspiracy [HD]
Conspiracy [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Movie Giving Insight Into a Horrific Time In Our History..........................., September 26, 2014
I had the opportunity to track down and fortunately view this movie after taking a tour of the Simon Wiesenthal Holocaust Museum in Los Angeles. During the visit one of the staff members mentioned the movie while visiting the exhibit pertaining to the "The Final Solution" and "Wansee Conference". When I began watching this movie I was immediately drawn in by the cinematography and setting. I new this this would be a great movie.

The movie progresses more like a play rather than a typical motion picture. The actors and their characters truly come to life and really draw you into the dialogue and interactions that take place during the conference. At times I was in awe with how charismatic and "methodically evil" Kenneth Branagh's portrayal of "General Heider was. The casualness and ease with witch the members of the conference discuss the mass killing of the Jewish people and "cleansing" of Germany is chilling. During a scene in the movie, one of the characters made mention to the members of the conference doing what they have to do like members of the company, I believe was, "IG Farben". How appropriate a statement since, aside from knowing the malevolent designs of this conference and it goals, it was organized and being carried out just like any strategy/planning meeting of the heads of any large organization.

The movie gives you some insight into the fact that all high ranking members of the German government and Nazi party did not agree with the "evacuation" and "purging" of the Jewish people from Germany and Europe but were simply "caught up" or "intimidated" with no perceived way out. This is no excuse for their silent approval and inaction but it does cause one to think where they would stand if put into a similar predicament.

All of the main actor/players in the movie are I believe English, except for Stanley Tucci's who portray Colonel Adolf Eichman. The acting talent is superb and it is obvious the actors are classically trained professionals. I am happy the director went "across the pond" to find the talent for this movie since the US is incredibly deficient with respect to highly skilled and trained actors of this caliber.

I would definitely recommend anyone interested in history, good acting and excellent film to see this movie.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It Helped My Dog...., August 4, 2014
I began looking for this type of product after noticing my 12 year old lab/chow mix having problems getting up and moving around. After geeting past my initial panic, I began researching glucosamine supplements for dogs. Upon reading numerous customer reviews I settled on and purchased this product.

I have seen a noticeable improvement in my dogs movement and behavior. A highly recommended product.

Grip-Rite GRTPN600 Palm Nailer
Grip-Rite GRTPN600 Palm Nailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Tool...., June 18, 2013
I purchased this for use in a storage shed project I'm doing. I thought it would be good to have for installing joist and rafter hangers. When I got the box it looked a little beat up but the tool and other parts in the box were in perfect condition. I was impressed with the build quality of the nailer, the included leather palm grip was nice and it had a swivel-type air connector already intalled. When I first connected the nailer to my air supply I heard hissing and my compressor immediately switched on....uh oh.....air leak. Onced I pressed the tip of the nailer into a piece of wood and it cycled several time, the hissing and leaking stopped. Probably the seals and lubricant neaded a good initial flexing/lubricating.

I have used the nailer to put 16d nails into 2x4 with no problems as well as 10d and 8d nails for my joist hangers. It's amazing how such a small tool can pack so much punch to effortlessly drive nails. Just be carefull when nailing into surfaces that are visible since the piston/hammer can leave marks if you keep applying pressure.

ACDelco 18A1104A Advantage Front Disc Brake Rotor
ACDelco 18A1104A Advantage Front Disc Brake Rotor
Price: $27.70
24 used & new from $27.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Performance...., June 17, 2013
I purchased these over a year ago for my 06' Corolla. I have been highly impressed with the quality and performance of the rotors. The fit and finish was excellent and after over a year no complaints. I have been using them with ceramic pads which can be hard on rotors, especially low quality ones. No vibrations or griding...just smooth stops.

Akebono ACT923 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Akebono ACT923 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Price: $42.26
28 used & new from $41.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Sold on Ceramic Pads..., June 17, 2013
I purchased these pads over a year ago for an 06' Corolla. This was my first time trying ceramic brake pads as well. Aftere having one dealer performed front pad change and rotor re-surface about 30K miles ago, I decided to get new rotors and pads. The job went fairly easy except for one rotor being fused to the wheel hub. I re-used the shims from the old pads, greased the guide pins and used brake quiet.

These pads have performed very well. I think the car stops better than ever. The brake pedal feels solid, little to no brake fade, less front end noise dive(in my opinion)and hardly any noticeable brake dust. The pads don't have alot of initial bite but grab in a more gradual/controlled linear fashion.

EMPIRE Verizon HTC Rezound 3 Pack of Screen Protectors [EMPIRE Packaging]
EMPIRE Verizon HTC Rezound 3 Pack of Screen Protectors [EMPIRE Packaging]
Offered by Cosmic-King llc
Price: $7.95
2 used & new from $7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste of Money......., June 28, 2012
I purchased these for my HTC Rezound based on the overall positive reviews thinking the negative reviews might be isolated ones. The screen protectors themselves seemed to be decent quality. The problems I had, as did another reviewer, was the terrible residue left my the adhesive used on the tab attached to the "user side" of the screen protector. I don't know why they used such a strong adhesive which comes off the back of the tab and transfers almost entirely once you try to remove it from the screen protector.

I threw away money on these and went to the Verizon store and bought some which worked pefectly. I guess the old saying, "you get what you pay for" is still a valid one.

I was also displeased to see the price of these thing had gone down $1.50 since I purchased them, which was only a week ago. What's up with the volatility in the pricing on Amazon.

Advanced Tool Design Model  ATD-7563  Universal Strut Spring Compressor
Advanced Tool Design Model ATD-7563 Universal Strut Spring Compressor
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $149.99
13 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Well for Me, October 26, 2011
I know one of the previous reviewers had a negative experience with this tool however, I recently used the compressor to change out the front truts on an 04' VW Jetta. The tool allowed my to safely compressor the springs once I had them off the car and change out the strut. Since this was my first time using the tool it did seem a little awkward at first since the compressor arms pivot and move fairly independently. I had to adjust the arms several times when compressing the first spring to get enough spread so that I could compress and remove the tension. Once I had everything safely connnected I had no problems safely changing out everything. Again, this is just my experience with the tool.

Metric Screw Checker (2mm to 7mm) - Made in USA
Metric Screw Checker (2mm to 7mm) - Made in USA
Offered by Prime Tools
Price: $22.11
2 used & new from $20.10

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Guessing, November 25, 2010
I purchased this after getting frustated trying to find replacement bolts/screws I needed for various at home projects. I've always hated having to go search through my "junk drawer" and then use the "trial and error" method when it comes to finding a replacement bolt/screw. It was even worse when I was working on my car (which uses metric bolts) causing me to make several visits to the auto parts store and hardware store with the bolt in hand trying to find a replacement. This tool makes it real easy to confidently identify the bolt/screw you have and ether order it online or go to the parts store. You don't even have to worry about getting the bolt size right but being off on the screw pitch since this tools lets you figure that out as well. I would definitley recommend this tool to anyone. It's not only well made but also (surprisingly) made in the USA.

Page: 1 | 2