Profile for Dewey Rykard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dewey Rykard RSS Feed (Tallahassee, Fl)

Page: 1 | 2
Hi-Lift Jack HL485 48" Hi-Lift Red All Cast Jack
Hi-Lift Jack HL485 48" Hi-Lift Red All Cast Jack
Price: $75.57
31 used & new from $73.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for trail rides to go on my Jeep. ..., March 18, 2015
Purchased for trail rides to go on my Jeep. Paint already chipping off.....unit arrived with several large scratches. Will have to repaint. Took item out of elements and stored in garage for time being..... you'd think powder coating or current painting technology would prevent this this.....shame on hi-lift. Probably would not have purchased if known this would happen...

Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails Bay Rum 4.0 oz After Shave Pour
Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails Bay Rum 4.0 oz After Shave Pour
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $17.95
16 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome aftershave, January 3, 2015
This is my favorite aftershave...has a strong scent going on: bay, cloves, ..... very manly. I have other Cpt. Choice fragrances and this is my first choice... the scent doesn't linger long...has a crisp burn going on - feels wonderful. Love this aftershave.

Dutton-Lainson Company WG1500HD 1500 lbs Worm Gear Winch with Hex Drive
Dutton-Lainson Company WG1500HD 1500 lbs Worm Gear Winch with Hex Drive
Price: $95.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Winch, July 14, 2014
Needed a winch to raise and lower a Rohn Tower - hinged base. Decided to purchase this little gem, mainly for the reason it could stop halfway and not unreel.... Installed the winch on a 6x6; assembled several pulley's and loaded it with about 80 feet 3/16 galvanized cable..... I really like the HEX drive feature - attached my cordless drill and the tower slowly came down (I had already walked up 30feet of tower) without effort... Now I can add an extra 10ft of Rohn and assemble my antenna, rotor, etc... and then raise it back up. At first, I thought the winch was going to be way too small to handle this chore....its the right size! I will certainly buy another in the future if needed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

IMEX Taigen German Tiger I Late Model 2.4GHz 1:16 Electric RTR RC Airsoft Tank
IMEX Taigen German Tiger I Late Model 2.4GHz 1:16 Electric RTR RC Airsoft Tank
Offered by World Tech Toys, Inc.
Price: $389.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Late Version Tiger tank by Taigen/Imex, December 18, 2013
I have the late version Tiger tank - it arrived from CCH on time and undamaged. Unpacking the tank, well, its just awesome. This is one big, heavy tank...the tracks are metal, the hull is metal, the turret is metal, the barrel is metal...suspension is awesome, the smoke function works as advertised, mine shoots airsoft BB's across my yard with no problem.... (squirrels beware) Yes, it is hand painted and mine looks just like the picture. You can adjust the volume - it was really loud out of the box.... The instructions are "so-so", but if you've ever played with RC vehicles, built models, etc...no problem.

Cons - only a few and maybe I'm too picky...
Some of the accessories are molded to the upper hull - which is plastic (the bottom hull is metal). And these are not painted very well, in fact, I will probably redo some of these. They include, boxes, shovels, "track tools" etc... I wish the hull was bare and we could add the accessories - but Taigen didn't do it this way.... they do include metal tow cables - so you can swap out the plastic ones (yes, the plastic tow cables do come off)....other accessories include a bare metal "bucket," a bare metal machine gun and gun mount for the cupola, a figure (tank commander with headphones), about four "single" smoke grenade canisters (not the triple set on the early Tiger)...and a decal sheet. I researched old black and white photos and found #308 Tiger and have thus recreated this tank...decal numbers included....

On my tank, the turret has too much "play" - it wiggles a bit when you get on the throttle and go over obstacles....there are some Youtube videos where you can see this. Its not a deal breaker....but I'll have to figure out how to tighten this up. Speaking of turret - mine got hung-up on some of the accessories - again - which I had to trim for the turret to transverse correctly (the track links on the turret hit the plastic tow cables - alittle trimming of the plastic cable, it was fine). Just little things you might have to tweak.... but overall - its still a sweet tank!!

Well - if you have read this entire review, then you're probably asking yourself - "should I spend $400 on a toy tank" and you should answer - YES! You wont regret it - if you like Tigers and you like to tinker and model - this will be a great addition to your collection - or maybe the start of one. And if you don't like to tinker and model, but want a great Tiger RC tank right out of the box - this will do the trick!! Its impressive. Its BIG, and its heavy...

Chevrolet Camaro SS RS Windshield Sunshade 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
Chevrolet Camaro SS RS Windshield Sunshade 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
Offered by High-End Motorsports
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on a convertible with simple modification, September 20, 2013
I have a 2012 SS Camaro Convertible.... This shade will fit if you fold down about two inches of the top. You will already fold down your visor to hold the shade in place, the visor rests against the folded part. After using it a few times, the folds are not a problem and just part of the shade. I will probably cut it soon. It helps keep the car cooler - living in south Georgia, it gets aweful hot....and having a black car doesn't help. I couldn't find a shade for a convertible - to fit my car, this one works. It rolls up and is secured with a Velcro strap already attached to the shade. I keep mine behind the passenger seat on the floorboard.

WeatherTech Custom Fit Front FloorLiner for Chevrolet Camaro, Black
WeatherTech Custom Fit Front FloorLiner for Chevrolet Camaro, Black
Offered by YoDealz
Price: $98.74
86 used & new from $98.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, September 20, 2013
Perfect fit for my 2012 SS Camaro. They dropped in place - like a glove. My sneakers do slide a little bit on the plastic/rubber material - but not too bad. Needed some all-weather mats and these are good.

Chevy Camaro SS 2010 Black License Plate Frame
Chevy Camaro SS 2010 Black License Plate Frame
Offered by Car Beyond Store
Price: $27.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quility..but, September 20, 2013
This is a die-cast metal license plate frame, well made and worth the extra money in my opinion. The lettering is etched into the metal and painted very nice. Not screen painted. Mine arrived in great condition. However, here in the state of GA, we have a registration decal in the bottom right corner on our tags...this metal license plate frame covers most of the decal. I didn't realize when I purchased it...don't think I can use it...still, I'll keep it, maybe hang it up in the garage.

Casio Men's MRW200H-1BV Black Resin Dive Watch
Casio Men's MRW200H-1BV Black Resin Dive Watch
Price: $16.72
25 used & new from $12.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, May 10, 2012
Purchased this watch for Nursing school - needed a simple watch with a second hand, clearly marked numbers (all numbers). This watch also has military time (needed for hospital work) and if you look at the outside ring, five minute increments (5, 10, 15, 20, etc..). Perfect! So far, I havent had a single problem using it at clinicals. I've even started wearing it for my everyday watch - replacing a more expensive Citizens... Sometimes simple is better.

Also - I'm a big guy and this watch fits me just fine. I would def buy another if I had too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2012 10:44 PM PDT

SNOOPY Flying his SOPWITH CAMEL in WW1 Vinyl STICKER/DECAL
SNOOPY Flying his SOPWITH CAMEL in WW1 Vinyl STICKER/DECAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sticker, October 25, 2011
I love my snoopy sticker! It was easy to put on and looks great. I actually have the "red" WWI snoopy sitting on his dog house...it looks good on the back glass of my red jeep. All snoopy fans should get one.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Color is misleading, April 15, 2011
The color is different than the picture. I was expecting French Countryside - something in the ballpark of off-white or an antique white... The unit I received is more close to a light avocado green mixed with mint - its definitely NOT white....or even an off-white, antique white or cream. Nope, its definitely some kind of green. If you're looking for an off-green hall tree - then this will be great for you!

If it wasn't so huge to mail back - I would.... Otherwise, the construction is very solid and assembly was pretty easy - The unit arrived very well packaged in lots of Styrofoam (two boxes). I had mine assembled little over an hour... You will need a screwdriver (both common and Phillips).

I'm planning on painting mine a true "French-Countryside" off white/cream/buff.... The seller should have more photos of the unit in varying degrees of light and backgrounds....

Not cool.