Profile for Russell Diederich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 239

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Russell Diederich RSS Feed (Littleton, CO United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Srixon Men's Soft Feel Golf Ball (1-Dozen, Tour Yellow)
Srixon Men's Soft Feel Golf Ball (1-Dozen, Tour Yellow)
Offered by Golfballs.com
Price: $14.95
6 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Ball, May 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve played a lot of balls over the course of my golf career. Some really stand out as great performers, but…let’s face it, at my skill level, I don’t tend to form any long-lasting attachments, which makes me not want to pay a lot for a golf ball. I lose these Srixons just as easily as the leading brand, but at $20 a dozen, these are pretty well priced for prizes that I hide all over the golf course for others to find. I did notice a lot more roll when chipping on the green. The ball felt fine when driving and putting. The color was similar to other brands, as it was covered in dimples just like other brands. I did like the large arrow printed on the ball to help line up my putts. Overall, I just don’t think I’m a good enough player to really feel the difference between golf balls. Until I get better or develop feel for these things, I’ll stick to cost-effective golf balls.

Disney/Pixar Cars Riplash Racers Rip-Start Challenge Loop Trackset
Disney/Pixar Cars Riplash Racers Rip-Start Challenge Loop Trackset
Offered by On The Go Toys
Price: $23.31
26 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Cool, April 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little boy loves all things Cars, so it wasn’t a surprise that he took to this right away. I mean, a little Lightning McQueen, a loop, and a ripcord starter? What could be better? Overall, I would agree with my boy…this is a pretty neat little set.

There’s really nothing too fancy about this set. It goes together easily, and the track remains connected when together, not like some of the other (same brand) sets out there. The little Lightning McQueen car is cute and almost cartoonish in its appearance. It looks like it would be fast. And, with a quick pull of the ripcord, he is indeed fast. So fast in fact, that he has a tough time making the loop, but that’s part of the fun with this toy. The other neat part of this set is the fact that two cars can be launched with the same ripcord. Sure, one car gets a head start and the other gets more “revving” of its wheel, but it all comes down to who can complete the loop.

My biggest complaint about racing sets like these is the fact that they always come with just one car. It’s a stupid marketing technique to get you to go and buy another car. Just include a second car. Raise the cost of the set by a couple of bucks if you think you need to. You’re still gonna sell cars to the kids that love this stuff and feel the need to own all the cars. Stop being cheap. It would be like buying a real car and getting only one seat. Asinine.

Also, is one wheel enough for Lightning McQueen? He only has one real working wheel. The four wheels are just part of the molded plastic body. There is one large wheel in the center of the car that it rides on. I figure if it had real front wheels, this thing could really go.

Disney/Pixar Cars Action Shifters Flo's V8 Cafe Dragstrip Playset
Disney/Pixar Cars Action Shifters Flo's V8 Cafe Dragstrip Playset
Offered by AAA items
Price: $20.19
37 used & new from $13.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Really Great, March 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little boy loves the movie Cars, so it was a no brainer to get him Flo’s Diner. This is a short dual dragstrip with two lanes for racing, a car launcher to send both racers off at the same time, a finish line that will indicate who won, embarrass the loser, and provide seats for an audience of cars. The set even comes with a little Lightning McQueen to start your racing.

This kit goes together easily and doesn’t take much time. In fact, when it comes apart, it’s easy for my little one to put it back together. The track is fairly similar to the Hot Wheels track I grew up on, albeit a bit more flimsy. Because of that, putting on and removing the track connector tabs once or twice is enough to stretch out the track so it won’t stay on anymore. Sure, the track has the hole in the end that the little bump on the connector tab is supposed to go into to prevent track separation. It might work if the bump and the hole were located in the same spot. It’s not uncommon while setting the launcher that the track comes off. I’m thinking of using CA to permanently securing the track to the launcher.

The launcher is a cool idea. Pull it back to set, pull it even further to launch two cars down the track at the same time. It’s easy to use for even your littlest ones. The grandstands can be folded into the launcher, and then you have the a V-8 engine. Set the launcher, and there are six seats for the Cars fans to watch the race from. The finish line is even cooler. The winning car causes the finish flag to fall on their lane, while a Joshua Tree falls in the way of the losing car, causing it to wreck. No more arguing over who really won.

My biggest complaint (even more so than the ill-fitting track) is the fact that a racing set comes with only one car. We all know that toy manufactures do this so you will go out and buy at least one more car to make the toy fun. Come on toy manufactures, you know that my child will get this as a gift, and I won’t have time to get to the store for another month so he can get another car to race against. Throw in another car so this is a true racing set. Make it one of the lesser-known characters (the Camaro) instead of someone like Mater or Antonio Bernoulli, so the child will still buy another Cars car. These aren’t the great die-cast metal cars of our past, but inexpensive plastic cars with sticker details. Don’t let the kids leave these cars out…an average adult’s ill-placed shoed foot will crush this car.

One last complaint is the stickiness of the stickers. These stickers are so sticky, that you only have one chance to make it right. Get it slightly wrong, and that sticker isn’t coming back up. I put one edge of a sticker down on the set and wanted to pull it back up to adjust slightly. That whole end ripped off when I tried to remove it to try again.

This set was so close to being a winner, I was really pulling for it, but fell short. I wish toy companies would just spend the extra bucks and make something solid and complete. This was neither.

Lancaster Soft Creme Candy, Caramel, 8 Ounce
Lancaster Soft Creme Candy, Caramel, 8 Ounce
Price: $2.99
10 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Caramels, March 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you’re in need of a sugar fix and aren’t craving chocolate, then Lancaster’s caramels are a good bet. With your Amazon Prime membership, these little creamy beauties will show up at your door step in two days. Perfect for those of us shut-ins. The heavy-duty paper Lancaster’s bag was boxed with confetti to protect the caramels, and then boxed again. I knew these caramels would have no bruising from their journey from the Amazon warehouse to my stomach.

The Lancaster bag and individual candy wrappers are classy, adding to the flavor of the caramel. Unwrapping the candy, you are immediately filled with the caramel aroma. Don’t be surprised to catch yourself salivating before this little treat reaches your lips. Once it does, the caramel flavor is intense. But, be warned. If you have a mouth full of fillings from enjoying too many sweets through your life, as I do, do not, under any circumstances, chew this caramel treat. The soft caramel will easily suck your dental work out of your teeth. Instead, let this candy slowly dissolve in your mouth. That way the experience will last a very long time.

Quartet Magnetic Push Pins, High Power Magnets, Bright Colors, 10 Pack (MPPCB)
Quartet Magnetic Push Pins, High Power Magnets, Bright Colors, 10 Pack (MPPCB)
Price: $8.40
3 used & new from $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Destroying Corporate America’s Profits, March 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At work I’m surrounded by 3-1/4 walls of off white and grey metal. Sure, the upper 1/3 of my metallic walls are covered in a thin, grey fabric. I think this is supposed to give my cube an aesthetically pleasing appearance, but, one thing is for sure, a standard pushpin does not work on these surfaces. I think that’s the purpose behind these wall not accepting a traditional pushpin…you can’t hang up anything that will distract you from the eight hours of intense labor that’s required of you on a daily basis. No photos of your family, no stick-figure pictures of you standing under a Crayola sky drawn by your artistically talented three-year old, and no hanging up that award for forsaking your family to work weekends at work.

Fortunately, the good people at Quartet are looking out for the worker stiffs. Much to the chagrin of Corporate America, Quartet has designed and manufactured magnetic pushpins. This wonderful product replaces the sharp, pointy end of a traditional push pin with a small, powerful magnet. One or two of these little magnetic pins can easily hold up a 5x9 glossy photo of your family, display the most robust piece of artwork your child can create, and show off that award telling your coworkers how much better you are than they.

To make things even better, Quartet gives you five matching pairs of some of the greatest transparent colors around. All the primary colors are present, plus green and dark purple. This makes it easy for you to choose a color of magnetic pin that will complement your personal wall hanging. To make it even better, the matching colors have opposite poles, so they are attracted to each other. There is nothing sadder than seeing two pins that are meant for each other being repelled by their partner.

I’m sure Corporate America is trying to figure out how to sue Quartet for lost profits by allowing us to hang distractions all over our pin-resistant cubes, or their lobbyists are hard at work in Washington convincing congress to outlaw these little magnets of freedom. Quartet gets five stars for making work bearable.

Golf Flow
Golf Flow
by Gio Valiante
Price: $17.05
52 used & new from $9.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Patience...It Only Gets Better, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Golf Flow (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first started reading Golf Flow by Gio Valiante, I found myself pretty disappointed. In fact, it took me forever to get through the first part of this book. The good news is, the more I got into Valiante’s book, the better it got. The premise behind Golf Flow is exactly that, how to get into the flow, the zone, the groove, or whatever name you have for those times that the swing happens automatically, the ball goes exactly where you want following the shape you want, and all your putts just drop.

This book is divided into three parts, and the first part talks about what flow is. Let’s face it, if you’re reading this book, you know what flow is and don’t need an education here. But, the second part is a discussion of Valiante’s players’ experiences with flow, and what it took to get them there. I found this part of the book very intriguing…a sports psychologist at work. Stories of how he helped some of the greatest names in golf pull themselves together after difficult seasons (or decades even) to become winners. In the last part of the book, Valiante puts you on the couch by giving several great lessons on the game of golf.

This book will ask you “Why do you play golf?”, help you figure out the answer to that question, and then teach you the patience to let your game develop.

The Book of Afformations: Discovering the Missing Piece to Abundant Health, Wealth, Love, and Happiness
by Noah St. John
Price: $16.98
51 used & new from $4.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Questioning, January 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Noel St. John’s book, “Afformation”, takes a new look on how we perform affirmations. The premise behind this book is that affirmations don’t work because our questioning side of our mind doubts the validity of the statements that we’re uttering. Even though we might believe the statement, “I am joyfully losing 50 pounds by swimsuit season,” there’s that part of our brain that looks at ourselves in the mirror and responds, “Why do I even bother trying to lose weight after I’ve tried so many times before?” St. John’s book attacks that questioning voice, by teaching how to give that voice the questions that you want it to ask.

The book is divided into three parts: What are “Afformations” and what they can do for you, how to use “Afformations” and examples of “Afformations” you can use, and how using “Afformations” can change your life. Overall, I didn’t notice much difference from other self-help books. The book includes lots of letters to the author about how “Afformation” changed their lives, hints and attempts to upsell you to his other products, and his rags to riches story. In fact, at several times reading the book, I forgot what author I was reading.

St. John’s “Afformations” does sound a little more true than affirmations, making that voice in your head respond with, “Why not?” instead of discounting what you’re trying to do. But, even with this new look at affirmations, I wasn’t too excited about this book. Self-help books have gotten to the point where they’re all using the same boilerplate, and they just put in their self-empowering idea, send it to the publisher and print.

BISSELL CleanView Complete Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology, 8531
Price: $119.99
19 used & new from $67.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Vacuum, October 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not often you can use the verb "sucks" for something good, and this vacuum sucks. I have a long-haired northern breed dog, and pet hair is just a way of life for us. Between area rugs and hardwood floors, it doesn't take long for white hair to pile up. The rugs are of the short, dense pile, and the previous vacuum could spend hours vacuuming the same spot and never get all the hair out. The previous vacuum? Top rated by Consumer Reports. This Bissell vac? First pass over the rug, all the hair was gone.

This vacuum is lighter and sleeker than the old vacuum. Nicely compact, and the low-profile head gets under tables and chairs with ease. The cyclone effect helps to keep pet hair from clogging up this vacuum, and there's even an indicator to let you know when the suction power starts to drop. This vacuum also has a cord rewind, so with a press of the button the vacuum sucks up the cord. No wrapping it around two posts on the back of the vacuum, or any of the tangled mess that comes with it.

But, there are cons to this vacuum too. I'm not a fan of the step button to turn off the agitator for hardwood floor use. There's a loud snap when the button is pushed, and I can see this part breaking someday. Turning off the vacuum and pressing the button doesn't engage the stop, so there's no way around it. The cord stop on the automatic retract isn't very robust. As I vacuum, I find that I have less and less cord to work with as it starts to slip back into the cord receptacle. Finally, have a large, long-haired dog, I am a little disappointed in the small capacity collection bin. It doesn't take me long to fill it up, and if I wait too long to empty it, the hair will creep around the sides and into the top portion of the bin, making for more cleanup work between emptings.

Overall, this is a very nice vacuum, and well worth the cost. It does a good job at picking up the long pet hair, and the carpets and rugs look great after vacuuming. Bissell did well here.

Inspiration Art Case (04-2532)
Inspiration Art Case (04-2532)
Price: $17.97
66 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Presentation, September 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the greatest things in childhood is opening a new box of crayons. When all the crayons are sharp and lined up in perfect order in the box. Crayola takes it a step further with this art set. Yes, there is a new box of 64 crayons in there, but they ditched the box for a small attaché. Instead of guessing if that color you're pulling out is actually the Sky Blue you wanted, in this set all the crayons are laid out on their side, and when I opened my case, all the crayon titles were visible.

But, Crayola doesn't stop there. Included in this set are 18 mini colored pencils, 20 SuperTips markers, 20 Pip-Squeak skinny markers, and a small pad of 5x7 paper (I didn't see scissors in there though). Everything that a young, budding (or not so young) artist needs to create a masterpiece. The case is of sturdy construction (for holding crayons and pencils, but won't hold up to getting wet or carrying around a bunch of rocks) secured with two latches and a little handle to carry it with. The crayons, pencils, and markers are gently cradled in plastic trays on each side of the case.

This is a nice change from the original mess of dumping your crayons out on the table. Everything is displayed for your artist's eyes, but held secure so that the crayon in need doesn't roll off the table. Not much has changed since I was a kid, with everything laid out in such a nice presentation, I was still reluctant to use the crayons.

Philips 425264 12-Watt (60-Watt) A19 LED Household Daylight Light Bulb, Dimmable

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Reading, July 11, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Philips LED light bulb is actually about the same size as an incandescent bulb. If you have this bulb on next to an incandescent light, you will see a large difference.

I tend to use soft-white incandescent bulbs, but the difference between the two is quite profound. The light from an incandescent bulb is more yellow in color. One would never notice it if it weren't for the white light emanating from the Philips light bulb next to a traditional bulb. It's so white that it's almost green. It definitely doesn't add warmth to a room, actually makes it more aseptic. But, if the Philips light is on during the day, it's actually difficult to tell that it's on. It mimics daylight quite well.

The best part of this light is how well it works while reading or working on a computer. The light is not harsh in the least, and I find that I don't get the eye strain when reading under a normal light. Paper looks whiter, and the type has a better contrast. The reflection off of a laptop screen is more subdued.

If I was entertaining, I would leave this light off. But, this is my light of choice when it comes to reading or working on a laptop.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20