Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Southern California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Tripp Lite 1-Port USB over Cat5 / Cat6 Extender, Transmitter and Receiver, up to 150-ft.(B202-150)
Price: $23.83
83 used & new from $19.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply didn't work, October 29, 2013
I purchased this item, as well as the Tripp-Lite DVI Extender Tripp Lite B140-101 DVI over Cat5 Passive Extender Kit TAA / GSA and 2 Tripp-Lite solid core Cat6 cables:Tripp Lite N202-050-BL Cat6 Gigabit Solid Conductor Snagless Patch Cable (RJ45 M/M) (50 Feet, Blue)

The DVI extender worked perfectly. However, this product didn't. All I got was a 30 second delay, then a balloon pop up from windows:

USB Device Not Recognized
One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

I tried switching cables, and the other cable worked fine with the DVI extender but not this item. I tried using a 3 ft Cat5 cable, and I got a mouse to work. When I connected a keyboard, I got the same message.

I ended up using this product: Plugable 10 Meter (32 Foot) USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Type A Male to A Female along with a standard USB extension cable and now I am in business.

Deco 79 Metal Fire Screen, 60 by 32-Inch
Deco 79 Metal Fire Screen, 60 by 32-Inch
Price: $82.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Screen, June 24, 2012
This is a very nice screen that looks every bit as good in person as it does in the photograph. It goes really well with the whole "oil rubbed bronze" type decor.

Monster M1000 HD-4 Ultimate High Speed HDTV HDMI Cable (4 feet)
Monster M1000 HD-4 Ultimate High Speed HDTV HDMI Cable (4 feet)
Offered by Fast Bargains
Price: $29.99
14 used & new from $26.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Will Prolong Your Television Life, June 17, 2012
Yes, I have read the reviews about the ones and zeros getting there regardless of the cable type. It either works or it doesn't. However, I disagree. With this cable, when the ones and zeros get there, they are much stronger and cleaner. This will make your television last much longer because it doesn't have to filter out all of the impurities in the signal, which over time can build up in the electronics and cause premature failure.

However, I had to take two stars off of the rating because there just isn't enough bling on it to accurately represent its quality. How could you not add some diamond studding to the connector grips?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2012 1:08 AM PDT

3B Scientific W43014 Testicle Self Exam Form
3B Scientific W43014 Testicle Self Exam Form
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $153.54
2 used & new from $152.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Set, June 17, 2012
This set is okay, but it's missing a rubber hand with fingernails to scratch them in case they start itching. I have emailed the vendor about this and haven't received a response yet.

Monster M Series M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable (35 feet) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Monster M Series M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable (35 feet) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by TopGoods
Price: $33.94
9 used & new from $33.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Connectors Not Diamond Studded, June 17, 2012
Yes, I have read the reviews about the ones and zeros getting there regardless of the cable type. It either works or it doesn't. However, I disagree. With this cable, when the ones and zeros get there, they are much stronger and cleaner. This will make your television last much longer because it doesn't have to filter out all of the impurities in the signal, which over time can cause them to build up in the electronics and cause premature failure.

However, my biggest gripe about this cable is that there just isn't enough bling on it to accurately represent its quality. How could you not add some diamond studding to the connector grips? Sheesh, I will have to return this and keep looking.

PlayStation 3 Monster Cable GameLink USB to Mini-USB for PlayStation 3 Controllers
Offered by TopGoods
Price: $7.99
17 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges Controllers Better, June 16, 2012
I have tried all of the other USB charging cables on the market, and there is no other than can charge my controllers as well as this one. The extra thick cable and gold-plated connectors really make a difference. When I pick up my controller after charging it with this cable, it just feels like it was charged better; it has a little more heft. And, I think that my games are just a little more responsive due to the electrons not being degraded from passing through an inferior cable.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 8:22 AM PDT

Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 36 Ounce
Frieling Polished 18/10 Stainless Steel French Press, 36 Ounce
Price: Click here to see our price
20 used & new from $79.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Control, June 12, 2012
I have spent hours looking at different french presses. The glass ones have a reputation for breaking, so that sent me looking at stainless steel models. I finally decided on this one after reading many great reviews. However, For every highly rated item, there are a few bad reviews.

One of the reported problems with this model is the fact that is passes grounds. Well, it happened to me as well. It's not because I filled it too full. It is because the inside of the press is actually slightly out of round! I included a photograph to show this. If you look at the gap between the plunger and the press wall, you can see a portion of it where the filter screen cannot contact the press wall because of the out of roundness. Move 90 degrees around the circumference of the press wall and it is a very close fit. The plunger is in straight (see below), and is perpendicular to the press wall. Obviously, not all units are affected. Otherwise, everyone would be complaining.

Additionally, the plunger stem is bent at the threads (see photo). As a result, the plunger does not sit perpendicular to the press wall. I had to disassemble it and remove the lid so I could position it properly. I suppose it could be bent back with tools, but I am not willing to do so after paying so much for this product. It should be perfect.

Yes, it's made in China. But even in China, how hard would it be to have someone make sure the plunger wall is ROUND and the plunger is STRAIGHT? Surely, if they could form the housing into a beautiful shape and polish it to a brilliant shine, they could ensure that some basic measurements are within tolerance.

No, I won't be contacting Frieling. I will be returning this press and purchasing another brand. It's too bad because it really is a work of art.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2014 3:40 AM PDT

50 GPD Flow Restrictor 1/4" Quick Connect - H-R2065QC
50 GPD Flow Restrictor 1/4" Quick Connect - H-R2065QC
Offered by Purenex
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $4.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do!, September 30, 2011
Works great. The quick disconnect fittings are a nice touch and don't leak a bit. There is an arrow on it to tell you what direction to connect it.

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Offered by Priority Sales Inc
Price: $79.99
17 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works...Flawlessly In Fact!, September 30, 2011
What else can I say that everyone else hasn't said already? I'm just throwing my vote in to say that this is a great product. It sounds great and installs very easily.

Xceltronix AC100130 Garage Door Autocloser
Xceltronix AC100130 Garage Door Autocloser
Offered by Smarthome
Price: $63.23
3 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as promised, August 25, 2011
Just wanted to add another review about how well this product works. It's not a cheap gimmicky one with batteries that will quit in 6 months and leave your door open. It's totally worth it. I got it because I forgot to close the garage door one morning when my wife and kid were home. In only a couple hours, some of our stuff ended up in the driveway. They could have walked in the back door and robbed us! Now I won't have to worry again. Thanks!

Page: 1 | 2