Profile for scaredmychild > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

scaredmychild RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Diono Sure Steps Child Harness, Black
Diono Sure Steps Child Harness, Black
Price: $5.00
7 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars really one of the worst items I have purchased, February 4, 2013
I bought this based on the - mostly good reviews- however, I am giving a warning.. read the bad reviews and take them to heart.. everything stated... Stiff material that hurts then, sticks in their throat, velrco easily undone.. its all true! beware! this will be like throwing your 12.00 OUT OF THE WINDOW.

Tommy Bahama Luggage Nassau 16" Wheeled Business Case
Tommy Bahama Luggage Nassau 16" Wheeled Business Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, December 10, 2012
For years, the employees in our company get together and buy the owners Tommy Bahama shirts. We wanted something different this year, and since they always use their rolling laptop cases, this seemed perfect. We were worried that the price and some of the bad reviews, meant a shoddy product! These are GREAT!!!! the material is nice, the space is large, and there is alot of great spots inside for different items. There is even an elastic locking band inside to keep your laptop or other items in place! The only negative thing about this is that the handle is a tad bit light weight. We love that there is a zipper to tuck the handle in, and it can be carried as a regular bag by the fabric handle. My father, one of the owners, has about 4 other items from the nassau collection, and this is the PERFECT addition for him!

WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

Fortune Cookies Fresh Single Wrap 400 Pcs (1 Box)At D&J Asian Market
Fortune Cookies Fresh Single Wrap 400 Pcs (1 Box)At D&J Asian Market
Offered by KC Commerce
Price: $28.95
3 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars YUMMM, January 16, 2012
While we originally thought these could be stale .... They came tasting fresh! Made everyone at work happy.

Haier L32D1120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV
Haier L32D1120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV
Offered by thehappystore
Price: $329.99
6 used & new from $230.00

4.0 out of 5 stars good sound quality, overall great for the price, January 16, 2012
I purchased this item for about 180 shipped and it was a deal! I doubt i would have spent the 250 of the normal price but not because the tv is not worth it, just because I would have not found a reason to randomally need a 5th tv in my home! I have a samsung, emerson and lg and they are all comparable to this one! I dont mind the 720p, but it could be the smaller size of the tv compared to the other 720 i have owned, which seemed to lack in the coloring department.

I have not been able to mount on the wall yet, as the "people who purchased this, also purchased...." mount that i ordered was completely wrong, now im stuck paying for that return shipping and ordering a new one. I believe i read the vesa spec are 200x400 but dont quote me on that.

i'coo Pacific Stroller - Caviar
i'coo Pacific Stroller - Caviar

1.0 out of 5 stars what a great, afforable product: NOW HORRIBLE!, November 11, 2011
FOLLOW UP ON 2/3 AFTER MONTHS OF USE:
Wow, i was wrong!
This stroller was wonderful for the first month or two. Used plenty and it held up. I was always very very careful, as it was an expensive stroller and i didn't want to ruin it.
one thing i didnt complain about because i was trying to get resolved was that my adapter for the car seat showed up broken and bent. I was sure they would help me, as a company would not want to disappoint me in the first impression. I was unable, however, to get this resolved, and to DATE have not heard back from this company. Now another issue has arrisen. My front wheels are locked and will not spin. I have had to purchase a new stroller and when it happened at disney, i had to rent a stroller from there. it has COST me money to own this stroller and their customer service has to date, has not contacted me back after phone calls and emails. I have emailed them one last time this morning demanding a refund so that i may purchase a whole different stroller or a new stroller of theirs that work!

original review:

I had read some terrible reviews on the i'coo, but i pulled the trigger because at 300 the price was fantastic. Also let me say, this is not my first stroller. I am very picky. At 5 months, my son has had 3 strollers including:
Original travel system stroller which has been used as both the base for his car seat AND as a regular sit in, a snap n go, and a regular chicco umbrella type stroller

I wanted something that i could use for my next child as well as this one (not together) so the bassinet really appealed to me.

Let me start by saying that this came in the box and was SUPER simple to assemble.
I love the feature that you do not have to switch the basinet and seat to use those features. Also, i have heard the seat wasnt deep enough, and the picture actually worried me looking at it, but it is more then deep, and i love that i can make the foot portion of this deeper if i want and adjust it up to sort of "cradle" my son, even when he is sitting straight up.

This is going to sound funny, but my favorite feature, although not for using as a stroller was the basinett for other purposes. Last night, my son needed a diaper change. Of course we were at a restaurant that had no family changing room, so with privacy, i was able to easily change his diaper while he was laying in the basinett. It was so helpful, because when i have run across this situation in the past, i have had to go out to our car and do it there.

its easy to change the seat positions, and the gliding of stroller is very smooth.

Some things i have heard people complain about but i dont find a problem:

the basket- it fits my very very oversized diaper bag and his stuffed animal, however, it is not very deep, so i could see SOME feeling thats an issue, not me

"Cheap" material- this is exactly the material i want on this stroller, its wipable. take it from me, i had a super plush, very nice" cloth stroller, its ruined, and it has been used a handful of times

HANDLE - i am 4'9 and it is not a problem for me. Last night my aunt, who is 6 foot used it, not a problem for her.

a COUPLE negatives that are not deal killers to me:
folded its real bulky, wish it went a little flatter

no cup holder or tray for parents items

lifting the seat up and down, you have to be very careful, u can get your fingers stuck as it comes down

CoverGirl Cheekers Bronzer, Golden Tan 104
CoverGirl Cheekers Bronzer, Golden Tan 104
Offered by Plenty Cosas
Price: $6.60
12 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is like a sunkissed dream, November 8, 2011
I usually use bare minerals bronzer, as i found it stayed well, and i had never come across this one before.

However, after leaving my makeup somewhere, i sent my husband to get me some bronzer, because lack of sun in my life had left me looking like an ancestor of casper.
I told him buy something cheap, as i only planned on using it once, but i havent been able to give this up.
It is following the suit of the other CG products and is lightweight and naturally blended.

I am so glad i accidentally found this, and if you are thinking of purchasing, i will say the amazon price, cant be beat, as i think we paid 4.99 in store

CoverGirl  Aquasmooth Compact Foundation, Classic Ivory 710,  0.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 2)
CoverGirl Aquasmooth Compact Foundation, Classic Ivory 710, 0.4-Ounce Packages (Pack of 2)
Offered by overstockdrugstore
Price: $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, this is the best makeup ever!, November 8, 2011
I love this makeup for quite a few reasons:
Not greasy
not heavy
natural and smooth looking
quick and easy to apply with or without sponge
the compact can take a beating, i drop it all the time, the mirror has never broken

I wish they could duplicate this feeling with other makeup such as the liquid aqua smoothers
I have been using this compact for years in natural ivory, and can not bring myself to veer from it, no matter what else i try.

cvs and walgreens very often have this as a b1g1 and i stock up.

ONE LAST THING; a little goes a looong way with this. You cant beat the value because this can last months if you dont overuse it, which you will quickly find you wont need to.

Boppy Bare Naked Pillow
Boppy Bare Naked Pillow
Price: Click here to see our price
20 used & new from $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars never used as a breastfeeding pillow, but its nice when reading or using as a pillow for baby, November 7, 2011
i never used it for its intention because i believe it lacks in those departmnets, however, i used to put the baby in the u area and let him lay with me to watch movies etc. it elevated him wonderfully and did the same during reading. I like all the covers that you can get, however, they are rather pricey.

First Essential Silicone Bottle, 9 Ounce, Pack of 3, Blue/Green, 9-Count
First Essential Silicone Bottle, 9 Ounce, Pack of 3, Blue/Green, 9-Count
Price: $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars nice bottles, nice price, November 7, 2011
My son has every expensive bottle in the world, as well as these. These were bought because he was never a gassy baby, and i needed something to leave at daycare, as well as traveling- and was worried about ruining my expensive ones, leaving them behind etc.

Turned out, i had to go get more of these because they are his favorite bottle.

They are light but sturdy , dont leak and easily compact to travel with. They are great in the dishwasher and i love the extra ounce provided.

finally a nice bottle, without breaking the bank.

Fisher-Price Swing to High Chair, Mosaic
Fisher-Price Swing to High Chair, Mosaic

2.0 out of 5 stars Lukewarm towards this product, November 7, 2011
I am not the biggest fan for a couple reasons.
This is a bare minimum swing. It is not a cradle, so was not able to place him in it as a newborn, there was not enough head support and it was too inclined. The other thing is that with battery power, it doesnt have a good swing to it. I had to call customer service 3 times because it had barely any power. they told me i would have to give an initial push myself and from there, it could pick up the swing and keep it going.
while the harness is nice as a newborn, its a little difficult when trying to wrestle a squirmy kid to get him in the highchair portion. I think this could have much better options such as seat incline/recline so that we can use it for newborns even better.
The material is not comfy, as i understand it needs to be okay for highchair material too. The problem is, it should have inserts to make it more comfortable, possibly head support, body support, SOMETHING!

overall, this product is better as a highchair then anything. my son thinks its fun when i push the seat up into the highchair position, but hates the harness and only used the swing about a month before he was completely over it. He uses my moms cradle swing and loves it and is easily able to fall asleep. this one, never fallen asleep in it.

Page: 1 | 2