Profile for impala > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

impala RSS Feed (SC USA)

StarTech.com SATA12LA1 12-Inch SATA to Left Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable
StarTech.com SATA12LA1 12-Inch SATA to Left Angle SATA Serial ATA Cable
Price: $5.99
61 used & new from $3.63

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a dell optiplex 9020, August 16, 2013
This left angled connector is exactly what I needed to add a second HDD to the dell optiplex 9020. It is slightly shorter than the OEM cable but plenty long enough to reach the bottom caddy.

StarTech.com USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC Network Adapter - 10/100/1000 Network Adapter - USB to Ethernet LAN Adapter - USB to RJ45
Price: Click here to see our price
70 used & new from $23.15

3.0 out of 5 stars on USB2: OK for Windows; slow for Mac, October 31, 2012
Using drivers dated 12/x/12 (from asix website) this product works with my gigabit network on USB3 with a 15" Retina MBP MacOS 10.8; on USB2 with a 2011 13" MBP running MacOS X 10.6 and 10.8; on USB2 with a 2012 Dell Latitude E6420 running Win7sp1 64bit. The previous drivers didn't work at all on my gigabit network with default settings (I wrote a one star review, now deleted). I was unimpressed with the transfer speeds on USB2 so I did some benchmarking. I am so far unable to keep the Retina MBP for USB3 benchmarking. I copied a 9.3GB file between two servers while simultaneously pinging the local gateway, which is where I get packets lost. On Mac I used finder to copy the file; in windows I used robocopy. Both systems used smb:// connections.
MBP MacOS 10.6 built-in networking: 42MB/s 0 packets lost.
MBP MacOS 10.6 usb31000S: 4.2MB/s 5 packets lost.
MBP MacOS 10.8 usb31000S: 5.5MB/s 3 packets lost; 10.7M packets rec'd; 85,582 receive errors.
Win7 built-in networking: 48MB/s 0 packets lost
Win7 usb31000S: 8MB/s 8 packets lost
I realize that USB2 is half-duplex so the data is coming in and going out the same pipe. Based on that, I figured my best case for USB2 transfer would be 15MB/s and probably closer to 10MB/s. So Windows is close to that, but MacOS X is half of the Windows speed. Also, the Mac Activity Monitor showed long (several second) periods of virtually no transfer sandwiched between transfers peaking at ~10MB/s, while the windows task manager showed no periods of inactivity. I hope future driver updates will speed up the Mac and improve the packets lost and the receive errors. I hope to benchmark the retina MBP soon. - 1/11/13

Bionaire BAP1502-U Hepa 3-Speed PERMAtech Tower Air Purifier Cleaner
Bionaire BAP1502-U Hepa 3-Speed PERMAtech Tower Air Purifier Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a while, April 4, 2011
Don't waste your money. The second time I cleaned the filters, I cannot get the door to stay on. This is a POS. It doesnt even filter well based on the amount of dust accumulated on the front grille.

Kensington 62644 FlyLight USB Notebook Light with Red LED (PC/Mac)
Kensington 62644 FlyLight USB Notebook Light with Red LED (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice!, May 1, 2008
If your notebook doesn't have built-in keyboard illumination, this thing will do it. The "cable" is stiff enough to hold shape. Too bad they discontinued the red color. I much prefer it over white. I hope this one lasts as long as my dell.