Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 474

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Patricia aka Mamaw" RSS Feed (Tx USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Flag for the Flying Dragon: A Captain No Beard Story
A Flag for the Flying Dragon: A Captain No Beard Story
by Carole P. Roman
Price: $10.99
25 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Flag Flying High!, July 24, 2015
Captain No Beard had his hands full with the antics of their new pirate, Zachary. Zachary is working hard to be a team mate but he just keeps failing at everything. Captain and the other shipmates assigned him different tasks to no avail. Then by pure luck the Captain finds the perfect assignment for Zachary. A very important assignment all his very own.

Very cute book showing how important it is to have team work which means to be supportive of each other. Definitely not making making your team mate feel inferior. The author always has the Captain pulling things together for the good of all.

Love the new Swabbie, diaper clad baby Zachary! He is a real cutie pie, I mean handsome pirate.

Can't wait for more adventures into the imagination of Captain No Beards and his growing shipmates!

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Change of Heart (A Keepsake Pocket Quilt Novel)
Change of Heart (A Keepsake Pocket Quilt Novel)
by Molly Jebber
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars " Becca had a wonderful gift in her midwife skills and as an assistant ..., July 22, 2015
A young Amish woman, Becca Yost needs time away from family and friends whom no doubt wish this jilted young woman peace in her heart. She decides to take a trip to be with her twin sister. Her sister knows all too well about a grieving heart.

The minute she arrives in town she meets the local town doctor. This peeks her interest in not just him as a handsome man but because of the connection they have in the medical field since she herself has for some time been a midwife. She could learn so much more working with this doctor and just her luck he is in dire need of an assistant

She knew she would miss her Amish friends and family if she permanently stayed with her sister.

I am sure it was hard making such a decision. Would she be shunned from friends and family? She would have to pray for God's guidance in what her future held.

I could feel the pain in Becca's heart as she struggled within herself. We are all familiar with "Let go and let God."

Becca had a wonderful gift in her midwife skills and as an assistant for the doctor. Becca and Dr. Carrington learned much from each other. They even learned to trust and love again even with Dr. Carrington's high society mother constantly snipping at their heels.

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author and NetGalley for review.
I was in no way compensated for my review. This review is my honest opinion.

Jake's Monster Mess
Jake's Monster Mess
by Ken Spillman
Price: $4.99
27 used & new from $0.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Intentions, July 10, 2015
This review is from: Jake's Monster Mess (Paperback)
Jake's mess reminds me of my youngest daughter's good intents at cleaning her room. Jake had some brilliant ideas for organizing his things that ended up overwhelming his good intentions. Thankfully his family and friends knew Jake meant well and was not just being mischievous.

Just reading the story I became overwhelmed for poor little Jake! With some children a few suggestions and overseeing the project with patience seems to be the key. Making it fun using some of their ideas meets with rewarding success!

From my own experience I especially found sorting through the childs clothes and toys while they were at school, boxing the stuff up for donations was of great help in cutting down a stressful situition. This kept my children from having to make monumental decisions. They never even seemed to notice anything was missing. If they did notice I simply explained why it was donated or discarded. My children are now wonderful parents with children of their own!

Great book in which I am sure most children and parents will connect. Good story to read with your kids and share ideas and past experiences. Be sure to make it fun and not accusatory.

I recommend this book!

I rated this book a 4 out of 5. Mainly due to the fact it was somewhat overwhelming.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review. This review is my honest opinion.

Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope)
Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope)
by Jody Hedlund
Price: $10.80
75 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A Healing Within, July 8, 2015

Caroline feels it is her responsibility to care not only for her younger siblings but for the lighthouse she helped her father care for until his death. She refuses without a fight to relinquish the care of the lighthouse to a Civil War veteran Ryan Chambers. Caroline is being replaced for the simple fact that she is a woman. In her mind she has all the other requirements to perform the job.

Ryan is willing to have Caroline assist him with caring for the lighthouse mainly because, what we now call PTSD, makes him unable to perform as the soul light-keeper. Besides he is becoming very fond of Caroline and her siblings but this is not enough to officially keep her as his assistant. The only way for Caroline to stay at the lighthouse in any form would be if she married an approved light-keeper. Yet it is the apparent threats on her family that conveniences her that someone does not want Caroline to remain at the lighthouse.

At first I did not have a lot of sympathy for Ryan and his addiction. But I learned compassion from Caroline and with her constant patience and forgiving of Ryan's constant failure to perform his job. She saw in Ryan what God also saw, that he was capable of doing the job. Therefore giving him time to forgive himself for his past and present mistakes. A healing within himself.

The author kept me captivated! Caroline was a very determined young woman and Ryan was so broken from the war. There is romance, mystery, vengeance, trust, forgiveness and one of my favorites is the history.

I highly recommend this book.

I rated this book 5+ out of 5.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley for review. I was in no way compensated for this review. This review is my honest opinion.

A Bird Brain Book: Sammy Steals the Show (A Singing Cockatiel Wants to be a Star) (Bird Brain Books Book 10)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bird Brain Book, July 6, 2015
Sammy and Lisa have been together since they first laid eyes on each other at the pet store where Sammy was with her mother and siblings.  It was love at first sight and maybe the beautiful way Sammy sang to Lisa.

One night after the two of them watched a  talent show on television Sammy got a brilliant idea to enter the Talent Show at the Sydney Opera House.  But he did not tell Lisa. In fact Sammy decided to get some of his Dove bird friends to help him find his way to the talent show.

Me being a grandmother I don't think this was such a brilliant idea! How about you?   What would Lisa think of Sammy leaving his cage and the safety of the apartment? After all he has never flewn outdoors much less with any of his friends.  But he was so excited and just knew he had the talent to win. No doubt he wanted to surprise Lisa.

The author has given us a good lesson to be learned.  Think before you act.  In my opinion if Sammy was keeping it a secret from Lisa then he must have known deep down that it was not a good idea. Or did he?

You will fall Iin love with Sammy as much as I have or more. Maybe you connect with this story as you remember one of your own bird brain ideas!
The illustrations depict the story so well and will stir everyones imagination into this wild and crazy bird brain adventure with Sammy.

I have read this book before but this time I read it with a whole new perspective.

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book fromMotherDaughterBookReviews for an honest review.  I was in no way compensated for this review it is my honest opinion.

Chooky-Doodle-Doo
Chooky-Doodle-Doo
by Jan Whiten
Price: $11.71
59 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Chooky Chicks Determination!, July 4, 2015
This review is from: Chooky-Doodle-Doo (Hardcover)
One then a total of five little chooky chicks working so hard to pull a worm from the ground. Then they enlist the rooster to help them pull.

Cock-a-doddle-doo what will they do?

With all this pulling what could be making this worm cling so tight in the ground?  Could the worm be wrapped tightly around  a rock?  What kind of worm is this?

I thought these little chicks were so cute and very determined to have this worm out of the ground. They also showed great teamwork!  It reminds me of the old saying, "Try and try again!".

I very much enjoyed the rhyme and rhythm of this tale and let me not forget the major cuteness of the ilustrations.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from Candlewick Press for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

The Convenient Bride Collection: 9 Romances Grow from Marriage Partnerships Formed Out of Necessity
by Mona Hodgson
Price: $14.12
84 used & new from $1.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fortitude and Determination, June 22, 2015
This collection of stories is about determination and fortitude, which I found in each of these brides as they ventured into a blind agreement of marriage, most intriguing. I am not so sure I in that age or time would have found the courage to venture into such an agreement. Though most of these women did not have much of a choice for some it was a matter of life or death.

We are fortunate as women to have rights these women did not have back then.

Each story made an impression on my heart leaving me to imagine if any of the women on my family tree were put in the position to make such a choice.

Don't even ask me to pick which story was my favorite because I must say they are all top of my favorite list.

I want to thank all of these authors for combining their stories into one book for our pleasure to read and contemplate on historical times for women, which is my favorite subject.

I highly recommend this book!

Dislosure: I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley/BabourBooks for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

To Win Her Favor (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel Book 2)
To Win Her Favor (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel Book 2)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner, June 20, 2015
Maggie loves to ride and not just any horse.  It is her thoroughbred racing horse, Bourbon Bell.  Maggie is determined to race her horse at Drayton Stakes racetrack to win a very large purse. Winning will give her the money toand standing  save her plantation. She must first prove to her father that Bourbon Belle is ready.

Cullen McGrath is looked upon as Irish trash, not to be trusted because of his ethnicity.   He cares not what people think all he wants is his own piece of land and thanks to Maggie's father he is not only getting a plantation but a wife, a woman he has never met.  Cullen agrees to this barter which will keep the plantation for Maggie, only if Maggie agrees.  She has no idea of what they are conspiring behind her back.

Cautiously and not without anger, resentment and some stipulations does Maggie agree to the marriage,  unbeknownst to the fact that Cullen is against horse racing, no if, and, or buts about it.

How will she get past this hurdle and change Cullen's mind?

Tamera Alexander is  one of my favorite authors. This book drew me in not wanting to put it down until the last page was read. Even then it kept me yearning for more.  You can't help connecting with the characters feelings and actions.

The story also provide me with the chance to catch up on some of the characters from book one of this series.  It was like catching up on old friends.

I want to thank Tamera for another great read!

I am looking forward to the next book in the BELLE MEADE PLANTATION series!

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure:  I received a free paperback copy of this book from Zondervan and a digital copy from NetGalley for an honest review.  I was in no way compensated for this review.

The Most Magnificent Thing
The Most Magnificent Thing
by Ashley Spires
Price: $14.04
67 used & new from $9.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorably Inventive!, June 20, 2015
A darling little girl decides she along with her dog will make a magnificent thing.  She creates many things but in her minds eyes they are all wrong. She becomes so very frustrated and angry. Then she gets a magnificent idea for the most magnificent thing!You must see it for yourself.  It is MAGNIFICENT!This little girl is one determined little inventor. How gifted she is to be able to create something so useful. Even her rejects were found to be useful to others.I found the illustraions absolutely adorable.  My grandkids are going to enjoy this little girl's creativity and determination.I highly recommend this book!Disclosue: I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley/KIDS CAN PRESS for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Bubbles (Adventures of Bubbles the Frog) (Volume 1)
Bubbles (Adventures of Bubbles the Frog) (Volume 1)
by Ben Woodard
Price: $8.99
18 used & new from $4.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Stinky little frog!, June 16, 2015
There is terrible smell on Frog Pond and it is coming from Bubbles. His friends insist he stops this horrible smell. They suggest he change his diet to no avail he still had foul smelling bubbles. Will they shun him from the pond?  He is very sad and suffering not only from stinky bubbles he felt no self respect for himself. One day he could hear his friends scream for help.  He forgot all about being shunned and went to help his friends.Will they let him help or will the send him away?  No matter he still wanted to help. What could be causing his friends to scream?  What a horrible feeling to be unwanted due to something you have no control over.  Poor Bubbles!  Grab a copy of this book to read if Bubbles can save his friends.I highly recommed this book!I rate this book a 5 out of 5.Disclosure:  I received copy of  this book from Mother Daughter Reviews for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20