Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 478

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Patricia aka Mamaw" RSS Feed (Tx USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Crew Goes Coconuts!: A Captain No Beard Story Volume 6
The Crew Goes Coconuts!: A Captain No Beard Story Volume 6
by Carole P. Roman
Price: $10.99
23 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Coconuts for Captain No Beard!, June 7, 2014
The crew start making fun of Matie the goat because she drank the last of the juice boxes. That left them with nothing to drink. But did they need to be mean to Matie?

Being Captain is hard work! The Captain gives the crew some much needed advice after which a solution to the lack of something to drink come from an unexpected source. Just a hint: M-I-L-K.

In this new picture book the author teaches another great lesson which solves more than one problem. Bullying, peer pressure, name calling, is the focus on the Captain's and the author's mind. Friends must stick together not tear each other down.

The illustrations are bursting with colors that will stimulate the imagination of young readers and little ones not yet reading. So grab a copy of this darling picture book and share it with some children.

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Growing Up Duggar
Growing Up Duggar
by Jana Duggar
208 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars It's All About Relationships, May 30, 2014
This review is from: Growing Up Duggar (Hardcover)
This is definitely a book for young women of faith. I would like my granddaughters to read this book. Starting new relationships with the intent of marriage in the future is a an exciting yet difficult time for young women of faith. Following the rules of parents and church is not always easy unless you have been raised with Christian values. The Duggar parents have not slacked on raising their children with Christian values.

The book is a short fast read but I suggest you slow down and enjoy the inspired advise and experiences offered by these lovely young women of faith.

I highly recommend this book for young women.

I rated this book a 4 out of 5.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from Howard Books/SimonSchuster for an hones review.

The Preacher's Wife (Brides of Assurance Book 1)
The Preacher's Wife (Brides of Assurance Book 1)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brides of Assurance, May 30, 2014
1870, Assurance, Kansas

Due to a dept owed by her mother Marissa Pierce was forced to take on after her mother's untimely death. This dept is paid by working in a saloon as a waitress and dancer. The owner of the saloon has other plans for Marissa and has become abusive toward her.

Marissa was raised in this very town by her grandparents so she is a familiar face in the town but is judged by her and her mother's occupation and are labeled as prostitutes among the town's people. In pertaining to Marissa this was far from the truth but people are quick to judge.

When the new preacher, Rowe Winfred moves to town he finds himself drawn to Marissa. He could see in her eyes the pain and broken soul within her. He was compeled to learn more about this young woman. When she tries to escape from her abusive boss Rowe is there to make sure she is not forced to return to her life as an indentured slave.

The author has touched on a subject that still exists for many women left alone without a family or husband to protect and support women from abuse and human trafficking. The story shows how we must have faith and put our trust in God. I was moved by the elder couple that stuck their reputation on the line to help and house Marissa during her time of need.

You will find HOPE along with retribution, trials, tribulation and LOVE in this story. God has a plan if we only we let him take the lead.

I highly recommend this book..

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from Realms/Charisma House/Booketeria for an honest review.

The Last Bride (Home to Hickory Hollow)
The Last Bride (Home to Hickory Hollow)
by Beverly Lewis
Price: $13.17
228 used & new from $0.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Home to Hickory Hollow, May 24, 2014
Tessie Miller is the last of the Miller daughters to marry. The young man she favors is not of her father's choice. She has loved Marcus King for as long as she can remember, there is none other for her. Every time Marcus goes to her father to ask for her hand in marriage he is turned down without any reason as to why his request is denied. So the young couple decide to sneak away to the court house and have an English ceremony even though they both wanted desperately to marry in Amish tradition. They have chosen not to tell anyone of their marriage hoping Tessie's father will give them his blessing. But before Marcus could approach her father with his request a tragic accident changes everything the young couple had planned for a happy future together.

Since no one knows of their marriage circumstances this put Tessie in critical scrutiny of not only of her Amish community but that of the Bishop and his wife.

This story was so tragic. I was so angry with Tessie's father. Then when the her father's reasoning was revealed I was totally shocked. The author touched on a topic that is a hidden secret among the Amish. She writes of how God's plan will be revealed if only we have faith and trust in God.

I must say as I have said so many times that Beverly Lewis never fails to amaze me with her talent for entertaining me with her writing. This book is very much right up there with all her other books I have read. I had a hard time putting the book down.

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from Bethany House/Baker Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review.

The Kissing Bridge (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors Book 3)
The Kissing Bridge (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors Book 3)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, May 23, 2014
Rebecca would love to marry and have a family of her own. Even though she desires to remain Amish she is determined to leave everything behind in order to seek a nursing degree. What plans God has for her may work for some and not so much for others.

My short but sweet review. Another winner for this series.

I highly recommend not only this book but all the other amazing books in this series.

I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

Disclosure: I purchased this book for my own reading pleasure.

Thankful: Return to Sugarcreek, Book Two
Thankful: Return to Sugarcreek, Book Two
by Shelley Shepard Gray
Price: $11.77
119 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Return to Sugarcreek, May 20, 2014
Christina Kempf surrendered her heart to Aiden Reese when they were young children. He was her hero, best friend and protector. He was taken in by her family after the tragic death of his parents. They have not revealed the depth of their love for for each other fear the other only carries the love of a sibling.

Christina makes the move to court other young Amish men at the persistence of her parents. This rips a hole in Aiden's heart. He is afraid of loosing her but also fears loosing the respect of Christina's parents if he were to reveal his true feelings for their daughter.

This story touched my heart to the point I had to keep a box of tissues in my lap while reading the book. In fact it did not take me long to read the book because I refused to put the book down until the very end.

The story had so much to offer me as a reader. It was tragic, romantic and it had dedication to family and community. Lessons were learned in trusting God without fear and to pray He for Him to lead us to the life He has planned for us.

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from HarperCollins /Avon Inspire/
Litfuse Publicity Group for an honest review.

Collision: The Battle for Darracia - Book 2 (Battle for Darracia Series)
Collision: The Battle for Darracia - Book 2 (Battle for Darracia Series)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Again a Must Read in book two of The Darracia Saga., May 18, 2014
I entered the world of science fiction once again with The Battle for Darracia. I found this an explosive story once I collided with this book. The words could not fly off the pages fast enough. To say the least the author has presented me with another page turner.

Don't hold back ,you must read this book. Of course you will want to read book one "SCHISM" if you haven't already.

Schism: The Battle for Darracia (Book 1) (Volume 1)
Schism: The Battle for Darracia (Book 1) (Volume 1)
by Michael Phillip Cash
Price: $1.89
37 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, May 18, 2014
Enter the world of Fantasy and Science Fiction in The Battle for Darracia and you may not wish to return! This is a real page turner for all ages.

The Rescue (Ebook Shorts) (The Inn at Eagle Hill): An Inn at Eagle Hill Novella
The Rescue (Ebook Shorts) (The Inn at Eagle Hill): An Inn at Eagle Hill Novella
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Inn at Eagle Inn, May 10, 2014
Short but sweet. I am a bird lover and backyard bird watcher so this story touced a soft spt in my heart. It was also nice to get an update on one of the characters, Will Stoltz from book one Iin this series.

So Fair a Lady (Daughters of His Kingdom)
So Fair a Lady (Daughters of His Kingdom)
by Amber Lynn Perry
Price: $13.99
25 used & new from $10.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughters of His Kingdom, May 8, 2014
Eliza Campbell thought her worst day was the death of her father but it was the first of many bad days to come. Her life was not what she was raised to believe. Her father kept secrets to protect both of his daughters. Now it will be up to Eliza to protect hererself and her younger sister. Her beau, British Officer Samuel Martin surprisingly was not the man her father wanted to her to marry.

Thomas Watson feels it is his responsibility to rescue Eliza and her sister from none other than British Officer Martin. When Officer Martin finds the error in his orders he is positive the women were kidnapped by a patriot by the name of Thomas Watson. Now Samuel is determined to track down the kidnapper and bring his love Eliza and her sister back him and to their home.

Thomas must find a way to reveal the truth to Eliza about her father's mission and Thomas's role in that mission.

This is what I would call a block buster book. I was mesmerized by this exploding story of action, danger, romance, faith, hope and redemption. It's a real page turner. I loved Thomas Watson, he had such admiration and dedication to his cause as a patriot. He was also very committed to protect Mr. Campbell's daughters.

I am looking forward to reading more from this author.

I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20