Profile for Rica > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rica RSS Feed (SF Bay Area, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Great Little Book of Afformations: Incredibly Simple Questions - Amazingly Powerful Results! by St John, Noah (2008) Audio CD
by Noah St. John
Edition: Audio CD
2 used & new from $27.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear the Easy Button more often, December 15, 2014
Make your dreams come true. I was introduced to this book by a Bowenworker therapist less than two years ago. I believe in the power of positive thinking, visualization, and positive affirmation, but Afformations was new to me. I embraced it right away, and it worked right away!

I was having a hard time at my job. My boss was a real doozy, always giving me too much work, and never really appreciating me, raises few and far between, so my moral was very low. I was on the verge of giving my notice, when I came across this book. I started saying to myself, "Why do I enjoy my job so much." Lo and behold, I started coming home from work, telling my spouse, "I had a really good day today. But the bad boss thing became too overwhelming, so when I put in my notice, there was a bit of an uproar. Higher ups than my boss, decided that they would rather see him leave then me! He was asked to step down from the position and I decided to stay!

My new boss is so cool. I remember him from when I first applied for the job. I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was a long interview. I arrived at 0930 and didn't leave until 1730! Anyway, I digress. The next order of business was a new raise for me! So I read more in the book, and decided that I would be very happy if I were making $1500 more a month. So I started repeating, "Why am I so happy making $1500 more a month?" Folks I am here to say that I am now making $1100 more a month and very happy!

Lastics: A Stretch Workout Like No Other
Lastics: A Stretch Workout Like No Other
Offered by Lastics
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Lastics Be Your Insurance Policy, December 15, 2014
This is an awesome workout. I'm not one to complain or brag, but my posture has been bad my whole life. I started developing Scoliosis in my upper back, and took two falls in the last two years that caused trauma to my back as well.

I was getting bored with my yoga practice, but know that stretching is sooooooooooooooo good for you. I decided to pick up the DVD. Now, if I miss my morning Lastics, I feel cranky all day! Even after my workout, I keep the stretches with me, as I run my errands.

The cuing by Donna is so valuable. My left knee is not as flexible as my right knee. So this stretch has allowed me to stretch it in a way, I would never have stretched it though yoga. I also like the exercise at the end where she has you shrug you shoulders and say "No, No, No," to the ceiling. I have had some serious trauma to my neck, and the exercises to the neck are wonderful for me.

I have always been flexible, but now that I'm pushing 60, it's even more important to stay flexible in body, mind and spirit! Good food, good company and Lastics will be my insurance policy.

Bob's Red Mill Potato Flour, 24-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Bob's Red Mill Potato Flour, 24-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Price: $22.13
14 used & new from $19.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Better to thicken then GMO, gluten dominant flours, October 5, 2014
I love this stuff!

I gave up gluten in January 2011 for health factors. Best decision I ever made!

Anyway, so since I love mashed potatoes and gravy, with lots of butter in between; I was faced with the dilemma of what to thicken my gravy with. I decided to try this product. And I can tell you that the recipe I have, that calls for 1/2 cup of flour, works just as good with potato flour as it does with that GMO, gluten filled flour that they practically give away at the grocery store.

I made a sausage gravy two days ago, and it turned out just so tasty, that half of the container is empty already. I may have to make another batch of the sausage gravy just to keep up with the demand!

And the fact that I can buy it here on Amazon, at such a great price. Well, that is just awesome!

Eggwhite Protein - 100% Pure Unflavored 1 lbs
Eggwhite Protein - 100% Pure Unflavored 1 lbs

4.0 out of 5 stars And Now For My Refreshing, Cool Snack, October 5, 2014
I use this egg protein powder in cold snacks when I am running errands or coming off a walk. Since I like to walk for exercise and I usually do this in some park away from home, I always brings snacks from home to nourish me after my walk.

Since it has been incredibly hot here in the Golden State, I am favoring a cold snack. I achieve this with: a serving of protein powder, a serving of u/s applesauce, and then my sweetener of choice: brown flavored xylitol (b/c I don't have a dog). Sometimes, if I am in the mood for something crunchy I'll throw in some finely chopped nuts. Then I bring a little insulated lunch box with me in the car, pack some ice into it, and after my walk, I'm set.

If you'd like to try my little recipe, here is what you will need to do for superior results. First, get a small container with a tight seal. I used a small glass canning jar. In a cereal bowl, measure out your applesauce, or other wet fruit/vegetable. Mix in your sweetener of choice. Then take your serving of protein powder, and add a little bit at a time, stirring constantly. If you add it in all at once you will get clumps; and no body likes clumps! After these two ingredients are mixed together well, add any add-ons you desire. I add nuts, but you could add chocolate chips, raisins, or salted pumpkin seeds! Then take the mixture out of the cereal bowl, and put it in your travel container, and that is it! I hope you try it.

Edward & Sons Garden Veggie Bouillon Cubes, 2.9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Edward & Sons Garden Veggie Bouillon Cubes, 2.9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Price: $33.37
5 used & new from $33.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep it in the fridge to keep it from going bad!, October 5, 2014
I like this stuff. I first started buying it locally, but decided that since I liked the taste so much, I would just order a case and stash the rest in my freezer. Also, since it has been very hot here in the Golden State, I started putting the little box in my cheese drawer in the fridge, just so it wouldn't ferment or go bad, since one other person reported that the oils in the product made his go rancid. Well, I've got news for you buddy, if you only go through one cube a month, maybe you should keep yours in the fridge too.

BulkSupplements Pure L-Glutamine Powder (1 Kilogram)
BulkSupplements Pure L-Glutamine Powder (1 Kilogram)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $29.96
2 used & new from $29.96

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as it Gets for my Urinary Incontinence!, September 21, 2014
As ugly as this subject is, I am here to confess that I have been suffering from Urinary Incontinence for over 30 years! That is until now, or I should say earlier this year. Up until earlier this year, I had been taking the standard prescription drug for UI which made my palate extremely dry, when I already had a dry palate due to radiation therapy for Throat cancer in 2000. Suffice to say, I only took this drug when I was traveling, and that was several times a year, b/c my husband loves to travel!

In order to improve my health, I sought out the help of a popular online nutritionist. Her main focus is getting folks healthier with their weight loss goals, through a keto-adapted diet. While I did not need to loose any weight, and I was already low carb and gluten free and mostly dairy free in 2011, I went to her in the hopes of improving my health.

One of her recommendations was to consume 1 tsp. of L-Glutamine in a small amount of juice, 15 minutes prior to a meal. Being the good German that I am, I faithfully followed her recommendation. Low and behold, what I found was simply AMAZING. I discovered that if I did this at least three times a day, the UI, I had suffered from had quietly gone on vacation. Almost as good, as when I gave up wheat and went low carb in 2011, and my Asthma disappeared!

Because of my dry palate swallowing pills is very hard for me. I found the prices and the customer support at Bulk Supplements superior to none. Plus the product is pure, with no fillers, additives, no pills to crush, or capsules to open! I also like how much information is available on the product itself when it comes to you, as well as at their website, Plus, since they're in Nevada, and I'm in the golden state, my orders come very fast.

This is a superior product and a superior company.

Easy Spirit Active Too Cool Womens Size 8 Brown Suede Clogs Shoes
Easy Spirit Active Too Cool Womens Size 8 Brown Suede Clogs Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like going barefoot!, May 1, 2014
This is a light clog, but so conducive to my almost flat feet. The arch is just right for me, and keeps my feet warm, off the cool floor in my place. Definitely would order again!

Fox Run 6-Piece Stainless Steel Rectangular Measuring Spoon Set
Fox Run 6-Piece Stainless Steel Rectangular Measuring Spoon Set
Offered by WineStuff
Price: $14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars "stainless steel" is rubbing off, April 9, 2014
I just purchased three of these on 4/04/14, b/c at $8.00 something, so how can you go wrong? When you cook and bake as much as I do, I am always needing more than one measuring spoon. I noticed a problem right off the bat when one of the larger measuring spoons came out of the dishwasher with food residue, while everything else was sparkling clean. Then the second time, it went into the dishwasher, I looked at it again, and low and behold, the "stainless steel," was peeling off! It's sad when you can't even trust the stainless steel from China anymore. Is nothing made with integrity anymore? Let me say, I don't blame the poor Chinese worker who made this product, rather I blame the ones who put profit before pride.

Genestra - HMF Intensive Probiotic Supplement - 30 Vegetarian Capsules
Genestra - HMF Intensive Probiotic Supplement - 30 Vegetarian Capsules
Offered by Smart-Choice
Price: $36.65
18 used & new from $36.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by Naturopathic Doctor, February 26, 2014
I used to experience gas like nobody's business until I started taking probiotics. This brand was recommended by the doctor because it did not need to be refrigerated, and suitable for travel. To it's credit, it did solve my gas issues, but at
About $1.21/capsule, it is not the most affordable probiotic on the market. I have severe stomach stress issues so found myself needing 2-3 capsules a day. Because I don't swallow pills very well, I opened the capsules and added the product directly into my water bottle which worked out fine. I have since found Cultrelle probiotics to be just as effective. Granted, they are 1/3 the potency of this probiotic, but they are also 1/3 the price. And if I use the same amount of capsules, 2-3, the savings are decent enough for me to continue its use,

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes Care of Leg Cramps, January 12, 2014
This is my second order for this product in less than a month. The first time I purchased a single can, but since I had such great success with the first can, I decided that I should just go ahead and get a 2-pack, so that I always have an ample supply on hand. I bought this because of the high protein content. I am sensitive to eggs and dairy, and I also have a dry palate, which makes swallowing challenging at times, so getting enough protein is always a top priority. I mix 1/2 tsp. in any hot drink I consume, usually decaf coffee, and it dissolves instantly and I can't taste it. The most obvious thing I've noticed from taking this on a regular basis is that my night leg cramps have disappeared! Before I started consuming the Great Lakes Gelatin, Collagen Hydrolysate, I would often wake several times in the night with awful leg cramps. Since November 2013, the leg cramps have disappeared. Now, I'm going to share this with my mother, who suffers as I once did. Maybe it can help you too!

******************************************************************************************************************************Updated 3/29/2014: Since I reviewed this product in January 2014, my health has taken a turn for the good! Thank goodness for my new Nutritionist who is literally turning things around for me. Who knew I could eat eggs and dairy again, by just healing my gut first! Taking my inspiration from watching Suze Orman, I've always felt that money can only take you so far: you can buy things, and you can buy people, but you can't buy good health. That is something that is in God's, and my hands alone.

I've decided to add this update because I think it's important for the company to re-evaluate this container size. I have small hands, and this container in not conducive to use on a daily basis.

Here's why:

For those folks, who have a Trader Joe's near by, and you use their baking soda, you will know what I am talking about. For those folks, who don't have TJ's near by, I will try and be as detailed as possible, so that you understand where I am coming from.

Trader Joe's sells these little manageable 12-oz. containers of baking soda. This container is ideal for measuring out anything! It is cardboard, has a little aluminum thing on the top with a straight edge, so that I can measure correctly, and has a removable plastic top on it, so that everything stays nice and fresh. Plus, I love the size. It's small enough to store in my cupboard without too much space, and it's easy to grab when I need it.

The Great Lakes Gelatin in the green container, is similarly packaged, but that is where the SIMILARITY stops. As I mentioned before, it is way too big for my small hands. That weird plastic top, is inconvenient for me to move back and forth several times a day to scoop out the 1/2 tsp. measurement that I use! Plus, as the product gets used up, it's harder and harder to get the stuff out of the bottom of the container. So what do I do? I break off the plastic top and let me tell you it is very hard to do so with my small, sensitive hands. Then I transfer it to an old TJ's baking soda container. I don't remember how much the TJ's baking soda costs, but it's affordable folks. Even if you just buy it for the container, it will be worth your time and convenience. That's what Great Lakes needs to do with this gelatin container.

I know the manufacturer is trying to make it more economical for the consumer to buy, but it may be hurting itself, by not offering the product in a smaller container, like the 12oz. container that I use from Trader Joes. Even the linings are similar. I hope it's not aluminum paper, because it looks like that, and I'm not sure if that is really safe too.

I think as consumers we have a right to demand that the packaging is just as important as the product inside.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2014 7:17 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4