ARRAY(0xa23ef228)

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Milind V. Mahale RSS Feed

ePhoto Pro Studio Video 4500W Digital Photography Studio 3 Softbox Lighting Kit Light Set and Carrying Case H9060S3
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $499.99
2 used & new from $189.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good one!, April 19, 2013
This kit for for a small studio setup. It provides adequate light for closeups and headshots. I just left one star out because the lights are not as bright as I had hoped them to be. The lumens from the CFL's probably are not as high as it is claimed to be.

Nevertheless, it works for my intended purpose and overall I am happy with it.

Opteka BD-100 12-Inch Beauty Dish / 10-Inch Snoot Professional Studio Portrait Kit for Speedlight Flashes
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $69.95
2 used & new from $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully, April 19, 2013
Hooked it up to one of my tripods with a remotely triggered flashgun. It works beautifully, casting the catch light into the subject's eyes. I have to still try using the kit on my new Alien Bee 800.

Mambo by Liz Claiborne for Men, Cologne Spray, 3.4-Ounce
Mambo by Liz Claiborne for Men, Cologne Spray, 3.4-Ounce
Price: $15.79
65 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Something about this cologne is great, April 19, 2013
Perhaps it's the refreshing feeling. This has now become my perfume of choice. Have been using this for the past year.

Mahabharata
Mahabharata
by Kamala Subramaniam
Price: $19.40
20 used & new from $10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Well composed book, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Mahabharata (Hardcover)
The author has done a marvelous work in composing the original text into simple to read English. Although at times it reflects Indian English, but to a large degree is lovable. The Mahabharata story itself is so capturing that it is tough to keep down the book. As you read, one can visualize the events as though happening in the present moment.

I highly recommend this book for all age groups. Also, do not miss Srimad Bhagavatam from the same author. You would love both of these books.

Srimad Bhagavatam
Srimad Bhagavatam
by Kamala Subramaniam
Price: $19.74
32 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well construed, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Srimad Bhagavatam (Hardcover)
Although in some instances you can sense the Indian English, but to a large extend it is well construed. The book is composed with short chapters which makes it easy to read.

I highly recommend this and the Mahabharata book by the same author.

Opteka MCH-25 Multi Camera Carrier Harness Holster System for DSLR Cameras
Opteka MCH-25 Multi Camera Carrier Harness Holster System for DSLR Cameras
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $34.76

5.0 out of 5 stars In par with Cotton Carrier at 1/6 the cost, March 15, 2012
I was a bit skeptical when I read the review from "tinknave" who gave a one star for this product and insisted that the product was bad. For $30 I thought to take a chance before I could purchase the Cotton Carrier one which sells for $189. Reading the negative review, my expectations were quite low.

The item arrived a day before its scheduled date. It came in its own carry bag with all the attachments already in its place. I had to simply tighten the loops to fit my size. Did not even need the instruction paper that came with it.

*****The Quality*****
Great! I had my D7000 with the 80-400 lens having a combined weight of almost 4lbs. The harness held everything in its place without an issue. The fabric and the plastic holster are though and sturdy. After "tinknave's" review (and his persistent argument of poor quality) I meticulously checked the plastic quality and the stitches to be sure critical. I couldn't find any issues. From its make, I am guessing that it can easily take 10-15lbs without a problem on each holster.

I am not sure what "tinknave" purchased, however, this product is awesome. I am glad that I took the risk of purchasing the Opteka and saved myself $150 ($189-$29) from purchasing the Cotton Carrier. Makes me think that expensive may not always be better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 8:22 PM PST

Project Leadership
Project Leadership
by James P. Lewis
Price: $20.10
100 used & new from $0.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book to begin with, August 26, 2005
This review is from: Project Leadership (Hardcover)
Among other books, I liked this one to begin my reading.