Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Todd Dosenberry > Reviews

Browse

Todd Dosenberry's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Todd Dosenberry RSS Feed (Austin, TX)

Page: 1 | 2
Confessions of a Fitness Model: The Ugly Truth about the New Standard for Beauty
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars we all want to look good and that is perfectly OK, February 28, 2016
How much do you care about your body shape? About what you eat? Do you digest ____ food well but think it's "bad" because some diet rule told you so? If you are over stressed about what you eat and how you look, then Madelyn Moon will put your concerns to rest in "Confessions of a Fitness Model." Sure, we all want to look good and that is perfectly OK, but obsessing will only hurt our health which is the most precious commodity that we have. Ever since Madelyn ditched the bodybuilding industry, she has been helping thousands of individuals around the world get their health back by letting go.

This book will likely be the slap in the face and ticket to recovery as long as you take action. It's time to get real which will, in turn, get you your life back. Are you ready? If so, read this book.

57 Secrets of Crowdfunding: Step by step Strategy to Win Big!
57 Secrets of Crowdfunding: Step by step Strategy to Win Big!
Price: $4.97

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT info but could have more substance, December 17, 2015
I'm now more confident than ever in launching my campaign that's more personal than anything. This book was not 100% what I was looking for before buying since I'll be using GoFundMe BUT it no doubt gave me some valuable advice that I'll be using. And it spurred ideas for perks to offer donators. BUT, each secret, well, 80%+ of them could have gone more in depth by giving examples or something.

Is it worth the $2.99 I think I paid? It's worth way more.

The Perfection Myth: How to Break Free From the Dogmatic Chains of Health and Dieting

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw, Real, Inspirational, Eye-Opening, February 23, 2015
This book is as raw, real, inspirational, eye-opening and necessary as a book can possibly be. Really, it is.

Madelyn holds nothing back. She's still on her own journey and always will be just like the rest of us. She's here to help you through her words, coaching, podcasting and mere presence. If you feel trapped like she once was then you will LOVE this book. If you eat strict Paleo or Vegan or whatever but am not feeling all the benefits that you were promised then you will LOVE this book and realize that you need to create your own diet of which will forever evolve. If you workout daily for hours and am sick and tired of it all but can't break that habit then you will LOVE this book.

Male or female, there is something to learn from Madelyn's recent journey. Once you dive in, you'll likely be so focused in that you won't stop reading until you are finished. You'll want Madelyn to write more books. I know I do! Thankfully, she loves the writing process which is another thing I forgot to mention - the flow of the book is brilliant and captivating.

Enjoy!

Sexy by Nature: The Whole Foods Solution to Radiant Health, Life-Long Sex Appeal, and Soaring Confidence
by Stefani Ruper
Price: $19.55
53 used & new from $12.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Love yourself. Then love yourself again. You are amazing. You are sexy., March 19, 2014
I'm very blessed to call Stefani a great friend of mine. I first met her in the online world and then was fortunate enough to spend some quality time with her at PaleoFX in 2013.

As someone who is constantly wearing a smile, it is a Gift from God that she was able to take the time to put her thoughts onto paper so thousands around the world could become immensely inspired and finally realize that they are already sexy.

That's YOU. Stefani knows what's up. YOU are beautiful. YOU are amazing. YOU have the power to inspire thousands of people as well. YOU have the confidence. You just may not realize it yet but after reading this book (I actually read it, under my own will!) you will absolutely feel amazing about yourself. Let's face the truth: YOU are amazing!

You'll feel empowered and you'll have a direction of how to feel even stronger and have the faith to then motivate, inspire and perhaps even coach others to go down the same path that you have.

So, what are you waiting for? Ditch the negative thinking and pick up this book.

Cheers!

Solving the Paleo Equation: Stress, Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep
Solving the Paleo Equation: Stress, Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite "Paleo" Book, February 9, 2014
Out of the dozen or so books I've read that have the word Paleo in it this is hans down my strongest recommendation. And even if I were to read all of the "Paleo" books, I think this would still top them all. Although I'll admit that I have yet to read Your Personal Paleo Code by Chris Kresser which may top this one since it's so deep and I really enjoy Chris' thoughts - it was the Beer and Pizza diet email that Chris sent me that had me paying attention to him after all.

I am a huge huge fan of Matt Stone. I appreciate his unbiased attitude towards health and nutrition which is hard to come by. This book goes beyond nutrition and Mr. Stone even admits that legumes and grains are the hardest digesting food groups by nature. Avoid these 2 food groups and even if you are not strict with your diet which you shouldn't be, then you eat "Paleo" in some way. Or eat some properly prepared grains or eat some white rice.

This book goes beyond nutrition. I thoroughly enjoyed the section on EMF's. Not only does putting your phone in airplane mode potentially save you from long lasting damage but it has a huge positive impact on your mental stress since you are not connected as much as you are if your phone is never on airplane mode.

And here is a question for you: Is it possible that MOVEMENT is more important than what we eat? Or what about HOW we eat versus what we eat? Or HOW we live in other ways? And is eating intuitively which may mean eating oatmeal more Paleo than avoiding eating a food because it's "new" to us? Just some food for thought that has me thinking mostly because of the work by Matt Stone.

Cheers!

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans
by Henry Fong
Price: $20.83
117 used & new from $15.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Hilarious, cute, fun, informative and delicious, December 18, 2013
I have never opened a cookbook before that was so much FUN. There are tons of great cookbooks in the world - Paleo or not - but Nom Nom Paleo stands out with not only delicious tasting recipes that look beautiful inside the cookbook but if you have any kind of sense of humor, then you may find yourself laughing your ass off or at least smiling. We need more of this in the world. I personally love the cartoon characters of which are just Michelle's family. It adds an entire new dimension to cookbooks. I hope others will follow suite in the future.

There are basic recipes for the complete novice as well as more gourmet type meals for those that are well-seasoned cooks. Michelle's website, NomNomPaleo.com is award winning for good reason. What's also special about this book is the fact that Michelle holds a full-time job working overnight and also takes care of 2 cute kids. Yea, it's quite amazing.

I don't have the book in front of me and have not made any recipes but I did look through it. I did receive a copy of this book in advance but to be perfectly honest, I receive a lot of books and it's rare that I take the time to submit a review (I will someday but I'm busy!). But I am for this book because it deserves a 5 star rating as I sincerely feel that if you order this book, you will want to cook and I bet your kids (if you have any of course) will want to help you out in the kitchen if you allow them to take a spin through this book as well.

I'm excited to return to Grand Rapids for Christmas as that's where the book is stored. I don't know which recipe yet but it's highly likely that I'll be making one for our family Christmas party. This is a rarity for me. Hmm... I think I'll bring the book with me too to share with others.

Purchase this as a fun Christmas gift!

Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook
Eat Drink Paleo Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars The most unique Paleo cookbook, August 20, 2013
The recipes inside seem to be VERY unique. Not that Paleo cookbooks don't have their own unique recipes but Irena has taken her recipes to a whole new level. Perhaps this is because she is from Australia and the far majority of Paleo cookbooks are from American authors.

A small sampling of some of the unique recipes that catch my eye:
-double-decker lamingtons
-celeriac remoulade & rare roast beef rolls
-lemony harissa
-kangaroo skewers
-cashew raita
-three butters: lime & coriander, strawberry, simple cafe de paris
-garlic jam
-aperol spritz
-lychee lemongrass sangria
-sunday bloody mary

Do you see those last 3? All alcohol drinks. I LOVE this. Not many Paleo cookbooks include alcohol drinks. Is alcohol Paleo? No but in the end it doesn't matter. Broccoli, bananas technically aren't either. There is no doubt that you can enjoy drinks, especially homemade ones and live a healthy lifestyle!

Besides the amazing recipes, the recipe layout is pleasing to the eye and is on unique paper too. The size is not too big (I am not a big fan of big cookbooks) and she gives an overview of what Paleo is in a way that I can agree with. She says it well under the Paleo basics section: "There is no one-size-fits-all paleo diet; it's more of a framework, which can be tailored to individual needs, goals, body types, sensitivities, lifestyle and budget. It's about nurturing your body and mind the best you can and, most importantly, it's not just about the food."

If you purchase this cookbook yourself then it may very well be the most unique cookbook in your collection! Enjoy. :)

Paleo Fitness: A Primal Training and Nutrition Program to Get Lean, Strong and Healthy
by Brett Stewart
Price: $13.87
84 used & new from $2.22

5.0 out of 5 stars SImple, Fun, Rewarding Fitness!, June 18, 2013
PaleoFX 2013 was an awesome event but my favorite hour hands down was the fitness workshop run by Darryl Edwards. Stop going to the gym! Get outside and PLAY! If you imagination is not the best then you will hugely benefit from learning dozens of rewarding and fun exercises. Only your body and nature is required for most of them. The pictures and descriptions make all the exercises easy to understand and you'll find a lot of variations to common ones like push-ups, pull-ups, lunges, squats, etc.

Included is a program to follow as far as what to focus on certain days of the week which is easily customizable if you want.

And if you are new to eating "Paleo" then you have no worries. Included is a 2 week meal plan with some recipes too.

A few exercises from the book that I am looking forward to master:
-Crocodile Walk
-Rabbit walk
-Salamander Press-Up
-Clock Push-Up
-Lunge with Reach

And many more. You will definitely find value in this book!

Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining
by Bill Staley
Price: $27.77
96 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful and inspiring cookbook available, April 30, 2013
I have never wrapped my two hands around a more beautiful and inspiring cookbook. You will be in awe from the moment you lay your two eyes on the front cover. If this cookbook does not inspire you to cook your first meal made with fresh, real food or to cook your first Dinner where you are entertaining guests, then nothing ever will.

Gather is organized by 17 different party themes and goes by season beginning with Spring. Do you want to host a Spooky Supper or a Midsummer Garden Party? Both are inside. Perhaps you no longer eat chinese food because you dismiss grains but have been eager to make your own but just don't know how. The Takeout Fake-out menu is for you. You will be sure to please your guests.

There are even menus for a Springtime Tea Party and a Backyard Picnic. If you are not used to entertaining guests then you have no worry. Bill and Hayley walk you through the preparation that needs to be done in advance and the day of for each menu.

And you don't have to entertain to enjoy this book! There are more than 100 mouth-watering recipes for you to experiment with.

It does not matter if you avoid grains or not. If you eat "Paleo" or not. This cookbook absolutely must be in your kitchen. It is for all palates. Once it is in your kitchen, you'll have no excuse to create awesome meals and then to soon entertain others.

Just remember, this is book is beyond GORGEOUS and it will inspire you like no other cookbook has. Promise.

The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-Free Meals the Easy Way
The Paleo Slow Cooker: Healthy, Gluten-Free Meals the Easy Way
by Arsy Vartanian
Price: $17.45
109 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous. Yummy. Easy. Variety. Real Food!, March 7, 2013
I received this cookbook on Tuesday. My family and I made the Beef Brisket on Wednesday. And it was super yummy! This is the fastest that I have made a recipe following the reception of any cookbook.

The recipes are all laid out very well. I personally love the organization. The photos are gorgeous to serve you some inspiration. You would think that the slow cooker is only for, say Dinners. However, you will find awesome desserts such as Paleo Banana Coconut Foster, Berry Rhubarb Maple Crisp and Baked Apples. You can also learn how to use your slow cooker to make homemade coconut milk and broth!

If you own a slow cooker and enjoy REAL FOOD then you will undoubtedly LOVE this cookbook! I'm stoked to dive into the variety of recipes including the desserts myself :)

Page: 1 | 2