Profile for K. Ferguson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Ferguson RSS Feed (Garland, TX)

Dead Dog's Eyeball: Songs of Daniel Johnston
Dead Dog's Eyeball: Songs of Daniel Johnston
Price: $12.99
25 used & new from $4.74

5.0 out of 5 stars K. McCarty singing the songs of Daniel Johnston -Give me more please, August 29, 2008
I bought this after seeing the documentary "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". In my opinion, if not for the restrictions of his illness, he could be a songwriter of Bob Dylan's caliber. His lyrics and perspective lend an honesty and insight into his soul. Kathy (whom you also meet in the documentary) has a hauntingly beautiful voice that takes Daniel's music and lyrics to a new level. I'm ready for more.

Vodou Visions: An Encounter With Divine Mystery
Vodou Visions: An Encounter With Divine Mystery
by Sallie Ann Glassman
8 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Voudou Visions by Sallie Ann Glassman, August 29, 2008
I absolutely LOVE this book. It is very informative, and reads well. My two best friends loaned it to me, we do not buy very many duplicate books because we can always access each others libraries, but this is one book I HAD to have my own copy of. They also have the Voudou Tarot deck which you will see black and white pictures of in Voudou Visions, with Priestess Glassman's artwork. If I had one wish though, it would be that she would have included phonetic pronunciations of the lwa names and cajun words because, being from Texas and not having studied French, we have to guess at them. My friends have actually spoken directly with the her, and she is a lovely person. Keep an eye out for her next book, it is a book on veves.