Profile for Dance Music Guy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 100

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dance Music Guy RSS Feed (Cajun Country, LA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Dreaming
Dreaming
Offered by ExpressMedia
Price: $4.25
13 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Robbins smash!!!, March 5, 2004
This review is from: Dreaming (Audio CD)
The previous reviewer pretty much expalined the trax so I'll keep this short and sweet. I recommend this to fans of Robin Fox, Diana Fox, Terra Skye, Brooklyn Queens, or the China Dolls. If you like any of those, then I know you gonna dig this!

Come...Into My Dreams
Come...Into My Dreams
9 used & new from $4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Come...Read My Review, December 23, 2002
This review is from: Come...Into My Dreams (Audio CD)
I have to agree with the other reviewer regarding this track having a Darude-esque sound to it. If you liked "Feel the Beat" or even "Sandstorm", then you will dig this! Really, any vocal-trance fan should find euphoria with this song. Beautiful vocals, great lyrics, and those slammin' beats and rich synths are what it's all about. You can find this song on many dance/trance compilations such as "Dance Party: Like It's 2003" from Robbins Ent. If you are from my area, you can check it out on the CD "Breakin' The Rulez" at TUNZ.

Lollipop
Lollipop
5 used & new from $12.47

5.0 out of 5 stars This song defines high-energy Dance music!, October 19, 2002
This review is from: Lollipop (Audio CD)
If you are a member of a cheerleading squad/dance team, then you need to pick up this single and add it to the routine. This is high-energy heaven! You may remember Precious from her previous "Precious Little Fantasy" and "Why Can't You See". Those two were hits, but they don't even come close to the potential that "Lollipop" has. Precious has a very unique voice with a little vocoding thrown in here and there to sweeten it up. She again brought her signature lyrics to the table for this song, one listen and you will see what I mean. Record companies have finally realized that it takes slammin' remixes to make a single, and Nu Soul packed 'em on here. DJ X has done an outstanding job adding his flava to this track, along with Eros. For DJ's, there is also a 12" available. I highly recommend this to anybody that is a fan of dance/techno/breakbeat 'cause you will eat this one up, pun intended. If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. Thanks!

Amanda
Amanda
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $4.00
15 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another must-have single!, October 9, 2002
This review is from: Amanda (Audio CD)
The Brooklyn Queens have really outdone themselves with this slammin' track. They have probably been confused with other artists like Diana Fox, Robin Fox, or Fiori because of the vocoded vocals used in this song. Cher started this trend with "Life After Love, and, in my opinion, this is the coolest effect ever! "Amanda" has great beats and cool uses of synths. I have yet to hear a bad remix of this song. All of the ones included on this single are the phiya, and you definitely get your money's worth. Tommy Boy Records seems to have latched onto another chart-topper, just like they did with their artist Amber("Li Da Di" & "Yes"). If you are a DJ, I highly recommend checking this or the 12" out 'cause they are sure crowd pleasers. Also recommended to anyone that likes beautiful female-vocal trance/breakbeat such as the 3 above mentioned artists, or Terra Skye("Is This Luv?"), Flow("True Feelings of Luv" & "U and Me"), DJ Encore w/Engelina("I See Right Through to You" & "Walking In the Sky"), Lilo("Everything"), and ChakraBlue("Control"). If you are from my area, you can check "Amanda" out on the CD "Emergency Breakz" at Tunz. If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. Thanks!

Everything
Everything
7 used & new from $3.52

5.0 out of 5 stars It's "Everything" you could want in a single!, August 27, 2002
This review is from: Everything (Audio CD)
Xquizit Records(founded by DJ X)definitely has a winner with this blazin' track and maxi-single to boot! This song is huge in the clubs and on radio mixshows across the U.S. If you're into beautiful female-vocal breakbeat/dance, then you better give this a listen or purchase it immediately 'cause you won't be disappointed! Some of lyrics are "Your eyes tell me a story I didn't want to hear, How could you let a love so strong ever disappear? Everything you do, Everything you say, Every single tear, Every time your near, Everything I know, Everything I fear." You get, a generous, 8 remixes on this single including the bomb-diggity Chris Domingo and CS-Jay ones. These two remixers/producers are on fire right now, especially Domingo. He recently dropped an awesome track, entitled "Control", with his vocalist Nikki under the name ChakraBlue. If you've heard this track, then you know what he's capable of. I highly recommend Lilo's "Everything" to fans of Diana Fox("Running On Empty" and Where Are U Now"), Sylver("Turn The Tide"), Milk Inc.("Walk On Water"), Brooklyn Queens("Amanda"), and Iio("Rapture"). If you are from my area, you can check this song out on the CD "Flavored Breakz" at Tunz. If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. Thanks!

Gotta Get Thru This
Gotta Get Thru This
Offered by Tekebashe
Price: $2.09
20 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's really a guy!, August 18, 2002
This review is from: Gotta Get Thru This (Audio CD)
If you're like me, when you first heard this song you probably either thought that this was Justin Timberlake(of N'Sync)or some female pop/dance artist named Danielle Bedingfield. This guy definitely is keepin' people guessing! Anyhow, this song is pretty tight with it's catchy lyrics and breakbeat-esque beats. Ministry of Sound has another winner to add to their impressive list. This single is good but, for the price and lacking remixes, I say wait for the domestic single. 'Cause with the momentum this song has, you know there will be one! Hopefully, they'll throw in a couple extra remixes(better ones) to go with it. I give this song 4 stars, but 3 for this single overall(because of the above stated reasons). Recommended, if you can get a good deal on it. If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. Thanks!

Where Do I Go
Where Do I Go
6 used & new from $14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Where do I go?...... To buy this single!, August 6, 2002
This review is from: Where Do I Go (Audio CD)
This track is blowin' up on radio mix-shows and clubs all across this great country, and for good reason! At times, this song reminds me a great deal of Jennifer Lopez' smash-hit "Waiting for Tonight" from a couple of years ago. I really dig Ariel's vocals, especially with the addition of the vocoder efx. When you pump this track into your earhole for the first time, you will realize why I dug it so much! This song is a great example of female-vocal trance/dance. It's got slammin' beats, sweet synths, and outstanding lyrics. All the remixes are tight, and should not disappoint even the most avid trance/dance music lover. If you're a fan of Diana Fox("Running On Empty", "Sail Away", & "Where Are You Now"), Robin Fox("I See Stars" & "It's Gonna Be Okay"), Terra Skye("Is This Love?"), Jinnel("When I'm With You"), or Ian Van Dahl("Castles In The Sky", "Will I?", & "Reason") then you will definitely dig this single. This song can also be found on the compilation "Xtreme Dance Party". I highly recommend checking this song or this single out today, wherever you may find it. If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. Thanks!

Reanimation
Reanimation
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $10.37
153 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars My thought collaboration on "Reanimation"., July 30, 2002
This review is from: Reanimation (Audio CD)
If you dug Linkin Park's recent collaboration with The X-Ecutioners "It's Goin' Down", then you will definitely like this CD. A quick note to fans of Hybrid Theory(their debut): This disc has more of a hip-hop/breakbeat flava and the guitar-riffs are almost nonexistent. Therefore, I highly recommend giving this a listen before outright buying it. There are 20 tracks on this CD. 5 of them could be considered fillers; 3 answering machine messages, 1 intro, and 1 instrumental. The songs from Hybrid Theory that have been reanimated are "Points of Authority", "In The End", "Forgotten", "Pushing Me Away", "Place For My Head", "With You", "Papercut", "Runaway", "By Myself", "Cure For The Itch", "One Step Closer"(featuring vocals by Jonathan Davis of Korn), and "Crawling"(featuring vocals by Aaron Lewis of Staind). The new tracks include "X-Ecutioner Style", "High Voltage", and "My December". At first, I was unsure whether or not some of the songs would be edited for lyrics(language), but thankfully they are. The only reason I rated this CD 4 of 5 stars is because it's not the dance/trance genre which I prefer, but I purchased this disc mainly because of the great flava of breakbeat music, which I also prefer. In closing, I say, don't delay, checkout "Reanimation" today! If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote!

Walking in the Sky
Walking in the Sky
Offered by NSN
Price: $16.53
28 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "Walking In The Sky" is another gotta-buy!, July 29, 2002
This review is from: Walking in the Sky (Audio CD)
DJ Encore and his vocalist Engelina have done it again! They have definitely outdone their debut "I See Right Through To You" with this track. Most people have begun to call this duo simply "DJ Encore", but I believe Engelina deserves alot of props for her contribution on these tracks. Her voice is so smooth and heavenly! This is the perfect definition of what a female-vocal trance song should be. I really dig the main chorus which goes a little something like, "When I'm walking in the sky, Heaven's holding hands with me, I think I'll learn to fly, I'm happy just to be". This track brings the same style of rollin' beats, awesome synths, and cool piano/xylophone-esque blips as their above mentioned debut. This song will have you singing along with it, or wanting to, in no time. It's blowin' up in the clubs 'cause it's big-time crowd pleaser. Speaking of DJing, for you bedroom remixers/producers out there, this single includes the Acoustic Live version which would be great to layer your own beats over for a personal touch. I highly recommend this single to anyone that dug "I See Right Through To You" and fans of Sylver("Turn The Tide"), anything by Fragma, Ian Van Dahl("Castles In The Sky", "Will I?", & "Reason"), Terra Skye("Is This Love?"), Chakra Blue("Control"), or Lilo("Everything"). If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. Thanks!

GameCube 251 Memory Card
GameCube 251 Memory Card
Offered by The Best Only
Price: $16.49
24 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's a lotta memory!, July 5, 2002
I was finally able to get my hands on this little gem from Nintendo. I would like to start this off by saying that I highly recommend purchasing any of Nintendo's accessories. They may be a few dollars more than Mad Catz, Interact, or Pelican, but with Nintendo you get durable and reliable products. Trust me, this is from personal experiences of buying and having to return third-party products. If you haven't bought a card for your Gamecube yet, I'd say skip the Memory Card 59 and buy this one. If you have, buy this one anyway! You're gonna need this baby if you have or plan to buy any of the current or upcoming sports games such as Home Run King(34 blocks), MLS Extratime 2002(54 blocks), Fifa World Cup 2002(49 blocks), Sega's NBA 2K2(46 blocks), and All-Star Baseball 2003(58 blocks for Season, 153 for Midseason). It's also useful for storing a bunch of mid-range memory games like Burnout(19 blocks), Virtua Stiker(15 blocks), Blitz 2002(17 blocks), Legends of Wrestling(12 blocks), Wrestlemania X8(14 blocks), Resident Evil(8-40 blocks, depending on number of saved games), and Eternal Darkness(15 blocks). This thing is also a great space-saver, unless you rather have 25 regular memory cards scattered around your room. With this, you'll have one card and you'll be ready for Nintendo's future game onslaught. If my review was helpful to you, then don't forget to vote. THANKS!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10