Profile for Austin S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Austin S. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Nexus 5 Case, Google Nexus 5 Case - E LV Google Nexus 5 Shock-Absorption / High Impact Resistant Hybrid Dual Layer Armor Defender Full Body Protective Case Cover for Google Nexus 5 (Nexus 5, Black)
Offered by Turn On Tech
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch the Belt Clip!!!, September 3, 2014
I've bought this case a few times now from a few different sellers. The case has a soft, easy-to-grip feel to it and it really does a great job of protecting the phone from drops and the like. The reason I've bought it several times is because of the belt clip.

The belt clip has broken on me a total of 3 times now over a period of 10 months. Granted, two of which MIGHT have been mostly my fault... but It's not a huge deal. It only ends up being an inconvenience to not be able to carry it on my waist (I could always carry it in my pocket), but it is annoying that I have to buy the whole "kit" when it happens. I would love it if I could just get the clip. The price is low enough where I do feel like I get my money's worth though.

DBPOWER(US Seller) Universal 2nd HDD HARD DRIVE 9.5mm SATA to SATA Caddy FOR HP DELL ACER BenQ ASUS LENOVO
Offered by Gadget Zone
Price: $11.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Little Adapter!, September 3, 2014
You're probably reading this hoping to figure out if this is the right caddy for your laptop. As far as I can tell, the only thing you need to worry about is the height of the optical drive you'll be replacing. This is 9.5mm (~3/8th of an inch) thick. If you measure your drive and it matches, it should work. For the record, I put this into an HP Pavilion 15-n287cl using a WD Blue 1TB.

Most optical drives run on SATA I, so if you intend to use this as an extra OS drive, be aware of that. I don't know if it supports SATA II or not either.

Installation was very easy. The caddy came with a small screwdriver and really long screws on the sides that hold it in place. There is usually some kind of metal clip on the back of stock CD drives that helps keep the drive attached to the laptop via a case screw or similar. There is a spot on the back of this caddy that you can attach said clip to. The stock screws from the laptop worked fine for it. Removing and reattaching the faceplate was really simple too.

I'm 100% satisfied with it and haven't had any issues with it so far. The only thing that could make it better is if it was easily removable. Once it's in, it's a pain to have to take it out from the bay. Then again, are you really going to want to?

Dragon's Dogma - Playstation 3
Dragon's Dogma - Playstation 3
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $17.90
103 used & new from $6.12

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not Monster Hunter!, March 30, 2014
A friend of mine suggested this game to me after learning I was a huge Monster Hunter fan. THIS GAME IS NO SUBSTITUTE!

I tried playing this game, and after a few hours, I found myself lost and confused about everything, from storyline to controls. The character dialogue is minimal and repetitive and the gameplay mechanics are frustratingly bad. I can see this game hacing it's own following, but I will not be a part of it.

Sam and Max Bundle [Download]
Sam and Max Bundle [Download]
Price: $53.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Love S&M, March 30, 2014
I played Hit the Road when I was a kid and the witty humor and intelligent design of the game blew my mind. Telltale's series keeps the ball rolling through all three seasons of the games. If you are at all a fan of point-and-click games and also like good humor, this series will quickly become one of your favorites!

SANOXY Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter
SANOXY Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $1.44
33 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but useful, March 30, 2014
I use these for my tablet and phone along with a flash drive. Allows me to take media along with me but I dont have to store it on my device's internal memory. Too big to just carry around casually but if I'm going on a long trip, they are a nice to have.

Nexus 5 Case, Spigen® [AIR CUSHION] [+Screen Shield] Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID Series [Black] [1 Premium Japanese Screen Protector Included + 2 Graphics] Scratch Resistant Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel for Nexus 5 - ECO-Friendly Package - Black (SGP10609)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, March 30, 2014
Fits snugly on my Nexus 5. I purchased this a secondary case for when I didn't want to wear my MaxBoost case and belt clip, but as it turns out, this case actually fits perfectly into said belt clip, which is awesome!

Only issue is that it tends to get a lot of dirt behind the clear back that you can see and lint on the screen which is not easily wipes away because of the raised edges. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

Arctic Thunder
Arctic Thunder
Offered by MPSSTORE
Price: $43.99
26 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre at best, but good nostalgia, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Arctic Thunder (Video Game)
The used version I purchased didn't actually work in my Xbox. I don't actually like the game very much. It was a gift for my girlfriend, who used to play it when she was younger and really liked it. This game is also available on PS2.

The game itself is like any other racing game. A mix of Mario Kart (power-ups and weapons) and snow mobiles. It has a decent amount of unlockables and hidden content. The controls are a bit wonky and the level designs aren't amazing in my opinion. Still, if you like it, you like it, and I suspect if you are thinking about buying this, you already know you like it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, March 30, 2014
Pulled all the top rare cards out of one box! Easier to do since this set is not the main for this block. Your experience will vary.

UG007B Android 4.2 Google TV Dongle mini PC, Quad Core RK3188 1.6GHz CPU; 2GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB Nand Flash Internal Memory
Offered by DIAOTEC
Price: $51.99
9 used & new from $51.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Powerful proccessor, but underperforms, March 30, 2014
The RK3188 is a decent piece of hardware. It runs apps fast and has all the functionality you would expect out of an android device. I bought mine primarily for streaming media from my PC and other devices onto a TV. I also purchased a Rikotek Magic MK802III along with it to compare the two.

While the MK802III only has a dual-core proccessor, it has better graphical hardware, which made for better video playback than this RK3188. The RK3188 also didn't come with a power adapter, so I had to use the one that came with the MK802III to test it out, and ended up sending it back.

5 (Five) Pack Lot of 100 Soft Sleeves / Penny Sleeve for Baseball Cards & Other Sports Cards
Offered by CCG Unlimited
Price: $7.50
10 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective., March 30, 2014
Penny really are "you get what you pay for". They are just cheap plastic sleeves for putting cards in, but they absolutely work. Prevents scratches and wear on playing cards, collectables, and are perfect for items that you will use a lot like CCGs or board game cards.

Page: 1 | 2