Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums See All Deals Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Ashley Mott > Reviews

Browse

Ashley Mott's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1055

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ashley Mott RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Damask Printed Oven Mitt and Potholder Gift Set, Eggplant
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive and the square potholder is nice, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think these are very nice from a decorative standpoint and also get the job done well as potholders. The square potholder has a handy mitt feature which keeps you from having to double up while still leaving a bare hand exposed to oven heat, and it has a small enough footprint that is convenient for handling pot handles and the like on stovetop...or removing a spoon that got too hot, etc. The purpose color is very nice as well and the print bold. Also, those with failing eyesight may identify the color as brown, so it would be like getting two sets for the price of one.

STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
STIGA Supreme Table Tennis Racket
Price: $39.99
25 used & new from $30.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Middling quality with an advanced price, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I agree with a previous reviewer about this paddle occupying a strange middle ground where it is priced above the average player but doesn't provide the quality needed by a more serious player. It's not quite as slick (and I don't mean that in a technical way) as I thought it would be for a middling player looking to take the game to the next level through technique. The fact that it is not one that can be repaired through the use of replacement features, I think it is a bit overboard in terms of quality given for money expended.

Soundless
Soundless
by Richelle Mead
Price: $15.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad when judged independent of other fantasy novels of recent years, August 24, 2015
This review is from: Soundless (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Soundless resolves very quickly in its last couple of dozen pages after spending the rest of the book building so slowly that I began to wonder if it was the beginning of a series. That said. I did enjoy it pretty well, and I think it is perhaps being a judged a bit harshly given the recent surge in high-quality highly developed and highly popularized teen and juvenile fiction.

I understand many of the complaints about the heroine begin a bit wooden, but, ahem, haven't we heard all that before about another girl in another juvenile book? I would have liked more of a connection between the main characters to be explored from a teamwork point of view versus almost immediate separation as plans are developed followed by a super quick resolution. I think this could be really interesting if we explored by the author as an adult fantasy novel versus this volume.

Smead Heavy-Duty Adjustable Frame for Hanging Folders, Letter Size, White (64851)
Price: $23.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Assembly with the instruction is basically impossible, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The construction phase of this is too unexplained to rate this item on purely quality alone. A cardboard insert arrives with the unit that has three numbers and vague words. However, in step one, the insertion of one part can kind of go either way it seems and there isn't a total run down of it. It's more like this part goes in this part. No matter how handy this is, poor instructions or something that requires total assembly is a problem.

Sherpani Amelia Backpack, Wool, One Size
Sherpani Amelia Backpack, Wool, One Size
Price: $60.79
8 used & new from $58.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and nice looking, August 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This backpack has a really delightful weathered look and is very versatile. I like that you can carry it as a backpack with both straps, one strap (it will be light enough to just use one strap if you are carrying it as a handbag or small bag) or by the handle. It looks classy folded over and strapped and I appreciate that it provides an extra level of protection for goods inside. I do wish there was a bit more opportunity to store stuff near the outside for ready access, but that would spoil the overall look. I suppose it is good enough to have my phones and pens stashed up close...as a reporter though... a place to grab just one notebook would be delightfully handy. I feel like the pack will hold up well and it seems like it will maintain its attractiveness over time....and not show my hard wear quite as quickly as daintier bags.

Bird's Eye View window film (4) 6X6 Inch, Clear/Etched
Bird's Eye View window film (4) 6X6 Inch, Clear/Etched
Price: $6.60
4 used & new from $6.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Very clunky looking, August 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't disagree that this would be effective, but I will comment that it is much more obtrusive in reality than it initially seemed. I find it to severely limit visibility in the areas it covers, which is probably necessarily in order for them to work properly on larger windows, but makes them fairly bad looking. You would have to use these in combination with other items to make some type of collage in order to avoid making a lovely window look tacky.

Scrabble Twist Game
Scrabble Twist Game
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with multiple playing variations, August 9, 2015
This review is from: Scrabble Twist Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This game is a lot of fun, and the three different play variations, party, turbo and solo provide a good bit of variety. Party is a bit like hot potato. You get 15 seconds to put in a word and then you pass it off to the next player to put in a word. Last man standing wins. Turbo is making as many words as you can in sixty seconds then the next person does the same. Solo is you and 60 seconds.

The instructions are brief and that is all that is needed. The game's twisting and press motions are fairly intuitive and you navigate through the menus using the same basic controls. My only complaint is that sometimes I feel like I definitely pressed a button and it doesn't register, so you really have to make sure one is lit up before you twist or move on to the next letter (they darken when pressed). The sound is quite loud when you first get the unit, but you can adjust that in the menus. All and all I think it is a great way to play...I wish it had more letters on the dial, but I feel like the use of five was deliberate because your thumbs can reach all of them while holding the unit for twisting.

Maud's Line
Maud's Line
by Margaret Verble
Price: $15.14
72 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncomplicated, honest exploration of Maud's Life, August 9, 2015
This review is from: Maud's Line (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While at times I wished that Maud's Line had explored even deeper more of Cherokee culture, I found it to be an altogether great read focused on one woman and her family (extended as well) within this little plot of land carved out for them by the government. Maud is an interesting character in her frankness...very modern, which makes since from both an earthy standpoint and the standpoint of her pursuit of a life in a big city where she can have greater access to technology, books and a broader life.

Her intimate relations all rotate in and around her desires on multiple levels and her acknowledgment of her motivations is refreshing. I look forward to reading a second novel by Verble

Madeleine's War: A Novel
Madeleine's War: A Novel
by Peter Watson
Price: $17.27
80 used & new from $4.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall okay but could have used more fleshing out of the "fiction", August 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book sounded promising...it had a flair that reminded me a bit of the Charlotte Grey film with Cate Blanchett but perhaps with a more firm footing in reality, but this book never really grabs you as you are introduced to the characters and their lives unfold.

Most of the time, the historical aspects of the story including the service, are depicted well and include enough details for a historical fiction buff to savor without getting pulled from the narrative -- however, the few times you are pulled from the narrative, it is rather harsh and could have been avoided.

The love story aspect also didn't resonate with me overly well. All and all, I would recommend this book but I not overly enthusiastically, as I enjoyed it, just not immensely as I do most of the WWII setting fiction I read.

I Take You: A Novel
I Take You: A Novel
by Eliza Kennedy
Price: $15.38
126 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun romp...particularly as it builds, August 8, 2015
This review is from: I Take You: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sometimes this book fails a bit in its trying to construct witty dialogue in that the wittiness falls flat or is a bit easy, but by and large, it is a fairly fun romp leading up to a possible (?!) wedding date for our heroine (flawed though she may be), Lily. I opted to read this book because I haven't really found a chick-lit book I loved since early Weiner and non-Bubbles books by the woman who wrote that series. I feel like this one wasn't quit up to the par of those --- the sexuality also falls a bit flat -- but it was still fun as the story unfolded, and I would probably give the author's next book I go based on that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20