Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

NASA Space Shuttle Manual: An Insight into the Design, Construction and Operation of the NASA Space Shuttle (Haynes Owners Workshop Manuals)
by David Baker
Price: $18.71
51 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop looking at it, July 12, 2011
There's something here for both hard-core geeks and mildly interested afficianados. In one section, you learn about the history of the program, and see all the early concepts of the shuttle. Not a technical explanation, sure -- but very interesting nonetheless. If you're not geeked out by that, never fear -- turn the page and you get an in-depth explanation on how the main engines work. Particularly interesting to me was the breakdown of the countdown to launch. Learn each phase of the launch and what happens as things progress towards liftoff. Plus to top it all off, you get hundreds of pretty pictures of all the internal workings of the shuttle. The program is almost over -- if you're reading this, just buy the book, you won't regret it.

P.S. It's hardcover! I didn't notice that until I received it, what a great surprise!

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 - Green
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 - Green
Offered by Tomorrow's Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality mouse, you won't be disappointed., August 9, 2010
Microsoft's keyboard and mouse hardware line is generally spot-on. This is no exception - an easy-to-use mouse that feels good in your hand. Easy to transport - just pop the receiver out of the mouse and plug it in when needed. I always carry it in my bag.

Windows PowerShell™ 2.0 Administrators Pocket Consultant: Administrator's Pocket Consultant
by William R. Stanek
30 used & new from $1.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Not for beginners., August 9, 2010
I like the book - it's a very thorough reference guide. But I'm a PowerShell beginner so the book ran out of usefulness pretty quick. Still, it's going to be great if you have some background and decide, "how would I do this specific task?" This book probably has the answer, and it's written as it says - a reference guide.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2011 6:02 PM PDT

Fender Starcaster Distortion EQ Pedal
Fender Starcaster Distortion EQ Pedal
2 used & new from $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A little flaky, April 14, 2010
I had a few issues with mine that a potential buyer might want to be aware of.

If I leave the 9V battery in overnight, it drains it, even if the pedal is not switched on (meaning the red light isn't on). This is my first pedal and I am a newbie at electric, so maybe that's common. However I find it annoying that you have to take the battery out when you are done using it.

Additionally, the battery does not fit properly like a 9V should. The contacts do not align.

On the pro side it sounds great and looks pretty cool. All in all I'm happy with it but wished I knew about the battery caveats beforehand. As with my fender electric guitar, this thing comes with pretty much zero instructions. Would be nice to have for rookies like myself.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2010 9:21 AM PDT

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-647): Windows Server Enterprise Administration
by Tony Northrup
77 used & new from $0.97

4.0 out of 5 stars If you've made it this far, you probably know what to expect from an MS Press book, August 18, 2008
If you've used MS Press before, you will experience more of the same in this book. I read the book, used the practice tests, and bought the Self-Test software. I snuck by with a 752 to earn my Enterprise Administrator. The book (and test) focuses on design, and gives you some very nice real-world advice on how to design complex Microsoft-based Networks. It even gives you some managerial advice, which actually gives you a nice sense of pride as you read the book and know what a great certification you're about to earn.

There's no magic to taking MS Exams - my formula for every exam in the Enterprise Admin track was:

1. Read a book. Don't stress over nailing every concept. I used the MS Press books. Just read it leisurely to learn.
2. Go through the practice test CD in the book. Be able to score 80% consistently.
3. Buy a second practice test (I like Self-Test). Be able to score 80% consistently.

For the practice tests, focus on the incorrect answers as much as the correct answers. Know WHY an answer is right/wrong. I don't even use the real cert mode on the tests, I just use the practice mode and learn why the answer is what it is.

Good luck! You'll like the book if you've made it this far.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2012 10:04 AM PST

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - Xbox
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - Xbox
74 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun game, March 21, 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'm addicted to this game. I don't see a lot of difference from Tiger '06 except that there are a lot more options when you create your own player and take him/her on the tour.

Either way, it seems to have the gameplay and great graphics of previous Tiger versions, and it's pretty much the best golf game out there, in my opinion.

Lullabies to Paralyze
Lullabies to Paralyze
Offered by manhattan_media_mart
Price: $9.95
25 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Rest easy, QOTSA fans, March 22, 2005
This review is from: Lullabies to Paralyze (Audio CD)
I'll be honest: when I heard "Little Sister" a few weeks ago, I was less than impressed. I was fairly apprehensive that QOTSA were going to take the low road and produce a substandard record to satisfy their pocketbooks.

Not the case. The band sounds better than ever, even without Nick Oliveri. Some of the grit and off-the-wall strangeness is gone, and that's probably because they don't have Nick to open this album like he did on "Songs For the Deaf." However, what it lacks in rawness is made up for in creativity. The songs are driving and unmistakeably QOTSA. In an industry where these guys were once the exception, and then the norm, they've proven themselves once more to be a step above the rest.

"Little Sister" is my least favorite song on the CD. Songs like "Everybody Knows That You're Insane" are edgy and stay with you. The "Wolf" (not sure of the exact title) song trails off, descends into some surreal noises, and comes blazing back for a finale, staying true to the QOTSA roots.

All in all, a great album that won't leave my CD player for quite some time.