Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for K. Lew > Reviews

Browse

K. Lew's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Lew RSS Feed (Sunnyvale, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
DX Racer DOH/MN07/NR Racing Bucket Seat Office Chair Comfortable Chair Ergonomic Chair Desk Chair Computer Chair (Black/Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chair!, August 6, 2015
This is an excellent chair. Very good padding. And good lumbar support with the cushion. The only downside is the PU cover. If I sit in the chair for too long, I tend to sweat in it. I'd suggest the Formula Series FD01/NB with the mesh cover for breathability.

Thin Apple iPad Air 2 Case - Devicewear Ridge -Slim Black Vegan Leather Case with Six Position Flip Stand and On/Off Switch
Offered by Devicewear
Price: $26.99
4 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad Air 2 case, but new vegan leather (non-wrinkled finish) has nasty odor. Get the one with the older, wrinkled finish!, November 13, 2014
I'm reviewing the Devicewear Ridge for the iPad Air 2, with black vegan leather. I really like Devicewear's iPad cases. I have the Detour 360 for previous generation iPads, and it's a solid case with no odor. When I got a Nexus 7, I got the Ridge for it, and really like the feel of the vegan leather and how much lighter and thinner the case is than the Detour 360. So when I got an iPad Air 2, I went with the Ridge. I was somewhat disappointed when it came, because it had a very strong odor. I called customer service, and Robert Dodge was extremely helpful: he sent me a stamps.com return mailing label with paid postage for my existing case, and he said he would mail out a Ridge that used the old material. Apparently, Devicewear has upgraded their vegan leather to a newer, softer, non-wrinkled finish. But it has a really strong odor! Even after a few days, the odor wouldn't go away. Anyway, when I received the Ridge made with the old material, which has the wrinkled finish, it still had an odor, but not as strong as the odor from the new material. I've been letting it air out for 4 days now, and the odor is going away, but it's still slightly noticeable. Anyway, please keep in mind that the Ridge comes in two types of vegan leather. If you don't like an odor, go with the old material!

Paramore
Paramore
Price: $9.99
138 used & new from $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A good recovery for Paramore, April 9, 2013
This review is from: Paramore (Audio CD)
I've been waiting for this album. Ever since Brand New Eyes, I was really hoping the band would come out of the crash-and-burn, and I think they have with this album. It's not as great as Riot!, but it has catchy songs, like "Still Into You". I wish Hayley would stop the lyrics about her public pressure (though I imagine she's been under a lot of it), and just concentrate on more happy thoughts and catchy vocals. I listened to Riot! again, and realized what really made that sound successful were the guitar riffs and fast drum beats, mixed with Hayley's clear voice. That potent combination gave their sound a very young energetic vibe. Josh Farro is just a genius with the guitar.

What's with the ukulele in some of the songs on this album? I don't want to think I'm in Hawaii.. I want some awesome guitar riffs!

Finally, what's with the MP3 album costing more than buying the album and downloading the songs instantaneously via Amazon Cloud Player, since this album is supported on AutoRip?

Devicewear Detour 360 Rotating Black Vegan Leather Case for iPad 2/3/4 Case with On/Off Switch (DET-IP3-BLK)
Offered by Devicewear
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $21.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case if you want a stand for portrait and landscape modes!, May 7, 2012
Thanks to all the product reviews on Amazon for this item, and for Targus' 360-degree rotating case, I decided to buy this case, and am happy I did! The magnet works, and I'm easily able to stand the iPad in either landscape or portrait modes. I got the Smart Cover first, but since my daughter uses the iPad for portrait games, and the Smart Cover doesn't support portrait mode, I started looking for a 360-degree rotating case. Excellent choice. Only quibble is that the inside of the case is made of what looks like neoprene, and there is a slight smell that diminishes over time (this happens for all neoprene-made cases).

Mafia II
Mafia II
Offered by The Masino Family Appliance Store
Price: $14.95
104 used & new from $4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun game, if you like shooting games!, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Mafia II (Video Game)
Having played the first Mafia game many years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Mafia 2 has been out for quite some time, at such an affordable price! I really like the gameplay in Mafia 2--the controls are easy to learn, and they just work well, e.g., accelerating/braking/steering when driving, and the aim/fire/reload/duck controls during combat. The soundtrack is also really, really good. I recommend getting the Platinum Version if you can find it, because it has all the expansion packs, including the three additional storylines (Joe's Adventures, and the two Jimmy stories). I enjoyed the final boss levels the most, and the level where Vinny and Joe plant a bomb in an office building. Highly recommended! One suggestion: install the game onto your Xbox (hopefully you have the 250GB hard drive version) because if you accidentally move your Xbox or in my case, accidentally turned the Xbox upside-down vertically, you can scratch the disc and the game won't be playable--certain areas of the map won't load properly, and you'll find yourself falling all of a sudden.

WD Blue 1 TB Mobile Hard Drive: 2.5 Inch, 5400 RPM, SATA II, 8 MB Cache (WD10JPVT) (Old Model)
Offered by US_Electronics
Price: $62.00
11 used & new from $42.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, quiet drive, but doesn't work with 2007 MBP 15"!, October 16, 2011
I was glad to find a SATA 2.5" 9.5mm-high 1TB hard drive, and thought it would work with my 2007 Macbook Pro (A1226), but it doesn't. My MBP incorrectly reads a capacity of 9.7TB, and is unable to format the drive. I instead successfully installed this drive on a unibody Macbook 13", and put the factory hard drive (240GB) into my 15". It's amazing how quickly space fills up when I have a lot of music and home videos!

Anyway, so far, this Western Digital hard drive runs really quiet, quieter than the Hitachi factory drive!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2012 8:17 AM PDT

Apple MacBook Air MC969LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Air MC969LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
22 used & new from $399.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice portability, but terrible battery life, September 17, 2011
Since I wanted a larger SSD drive (256GB), I considered either custom-ordering the Air from Apple, or buying it at a local Apple store. I finally decided to buy it locally since I didn't want to deal with shipping it back in case there was an issue. The Apple Store has the 11" Air with a 256GB SSD and Core i7 processor. I didn't really need the performance of the i7, but with all the clever Apple marketing (now the Air is more than twice as fast!), I caved and got it. Yes, it's a fast, light machine, and I like the small size of the 11" Air, but the battery life is just terrible. 2 hours on average, 3 hours max. As other reviewers mentioned, running any Flash modules on a Web page will eat into battery life even faster. As an ultraportable, the 11" Air should have a longer battery life. The short battery life bothered me enough that I returned the Air.

I recommend getting the 13" Air instead, since it has a bigger battery and hence a longer battery life.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2011 4:16 PM PST

Incase Nylon sling sleeve nylon for 17" Macbook Pro CL57326
Incase Nylon sling sleeve nylon for 17" Macbook Pro CL57326

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like the slim profile and feel of this carrying case, May 15, 2011
I first bought the Incase Nylon Sleeve carrying case for a 15" Macbook Pro, and really liked its slim profile. However, when I got a 17" Macbook Pro, and needed to carry papers with it, I found the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe, which has two zippered compartments. However, after using the Sportfolio daily for 7 months, one of the zippers doesn't work, so I went back to the Incase because it's been 4 years that I had the 15" Incase Nylon Sleeve, and I've never had a problem with its zippers. I'm happy again. Unlike the Sportfolio, which is made of neoprene and has a nasty neoprene odor, the Incase is made of nylon, which is odorless. Reviewers of the Sportfolio said airing it out decreases the odor, but the odor's still there. Secondly, because the Sportfolio's carrying strap is attached to the zippered compartment that holds the laptop, the bag can be carried only with the label facing outward; if you carry the bag facing the other way, it's lopsided. In contrast, since the Incase's carrying strap is attached in the middle of the bag, you can carry the bag with the label facing outwards or inwards.

One final note: be sure to get the Incase with the zippered pockets in the front. An earlier version of the case has a velcro flap over the pockets. When you have a Macbook power adapter in one of the pockets, since the flap does not cover the pockets completely, smaller items may fall out.

Brand New Eyes
Brand New Eyes
Price: $4.99
94 used & new from $0.32

1.0 out of 5 stars What is this??, September 29, 2009
This review is from: Brand New Eyes (Audio CD)
I first heard of Paramore's "That's What You Get" and "Crushcrushcrush" on Rock Band 2, and really liked the high-energy guitar riffs and Hayley's clear singing voice. When I bought the first two albums, Riot! definitely has more catchy songs than the first album. When I heard "Decode", I thought, wow, here's a band that's on fire! They rock! I even saw them when they opened for No Doubt, and like another reviewer, was sad because their set was so short! I eagerly waited for their new album, and pre-ordered it here on Amazon. When I got it today, I was shocked it was only 40 minutes long. There has to be at least one gem on this album, right? WRONG! There are no catchy tunes on here at all. What happened? I imagine the band had to select from a set of songs, not just the 11 that are on this album. These are the 11 they chose? I listened to the album from start to finish, and all the songs sound the same, kind of dreary and melancholy. Yes, the band has been going through tough times, but why do they want to disappoint their fans??
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2011 7:15 PM PST

E460DW Mono Laser Printer
E460DW Mono Laser Printer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast printer, great customer service, July 11, 2009
I bought this printer because PC World rated this one of the Top 10 monochrome laser printers: [...](actually, the E460dn model). I also wanted the printer to have a wireless network interface, so I went with the E460dw.

The printer toner cartridge comes in a plastic frame that is wrapped in a foam layer. The installation manual that comes with the printer as well as a picture card attached to the foam layer describe that the cartridge and frame must be pulled out, and you must remove the foam layer, and then re-insert the frame and cartridge. Simple enough, right? Well, it just so happens that when I tried to pull out the cartridge, the left side was stuck. I thought I just wasn't pulling hard enough, so I pulled harder, and the cartridge came out. BUT, I broke a small plastic hinge in the process. I went to the Lexmark Tech Support site, and behold, one of the top Knowledge Base articles says this is a known issue: [....], Knowledge Base article ENUS32262: "The Toner Cartridge (Print Unit ) Is Stuck Inside a Lexmark E260, E360, or E460 Printer". Now why didn't Lexmark put a warning message somewhere inside the printer to warn customers that this can happen?

I called Lexmark Customer Support, and filed a customer care ticket. Wait time was less than 5 minutes, and I was greeted by a very helpful customer care rep who gladly said he would immediately send a printer replacement with a return shipping label. I received the replacement printer within a few days (it was the July 4th weekend), and shipped back the original printer.

Overall, I am very satisfied with Lexmark's customer support.

Installing the printer driver on my Mac, on the other hand, was tricky. The E460dw has a built-in Web server that broadcasts on its own private wireless SSID. I entered my home SSID and WEP password, and clicked Submit, only to find the printer can't be reached on my wireless network. I then realize that the set-up page also asked for the wireless channel number, whose default is Channel 11, which is different than the channel my wireless router is set up with. Fumbling through the user manual on the installation CD, I found that I had to connect to the built-in Web server by powering down the printer, attaching an Ethernet cable to the printer, and powering the printer back on. After the printer started up, it suddenly print a test page, which contained its IP address. I hit that IP address on my Mac, and behold, I connected to the printer's Web server again, and this time, I set the wireless channel correctly. But I still can't see the printer in my Network settings on my Mac using Leopard. I can only see the printer if I have it connected using an Ethernet cable. I paid extra for the wireless network interface, and I still need to figure out how to make it work with my Mac.

But overall, the printer is blazingly fast!

Page: 1 | 2