Profile for Jean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jean "aka Jeanjaz" RSS Feed (Battle Ground, WA USA)

Beep
Beep

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic Novelty Song, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Beep (MP3 Music)
These last generation novelty songs are so funny - good clean humor. I want my kids to have an appreciation for the old things and a respect for them. I think I have succeeded fairly well. We all laugh at these silly songs that carry a few home truths.

So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt
So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh So Funny!, January 13, 2011
I love this album, especially the title song. If you are familiar with the movie "The Ten Commandments" you will get a kick out of this song. I went to a Keith Green concert when I was just out of High School. (ancient history) The other kids I was with didn't like it, they thought Keith Green was too intense and did too much talking and not enough singing. But I could tell he really meant what he said and lived what he believed about being a true disciple of Jesus. It really challenged me to learn how to be a disciple of Jesus, not just a religious Christian who judges people. Keith Green was amazingly talented - he had a beautiful tenor voice and accompanied himself on the piano. (When he was a child he was one of the Little Rascals in the original shows.) He wrote his own songs, so when he sings he is really singing his heart and his convictions. I love his music but I don't really know what you'd call the style. It is of course Contemporary Christian, but that includes a lot of different styles, perhaps a Soft Rock or Folk or a cross between the two. My 11 and 12 year old kids like a lot of the songs on this album.

If you like excellent piano music accompanying a mellow tenor voice singing interesting songs with toe-tapping beats, and you DON'T mind a Christian message, you will enjoy this CD. You will really LOVE it if you are a true follower of Jesus Christ.

Manual of Mineralogy (after James D. Dana)
Manual of Mineralogy (after James D. Dana)
by Cornelis Klein
34 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Information - Mineralogy 101, January 13, 2011
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my 12 year old nephew who lives with me. He LOVES mineralogy and already has several books on the subject. He immediately began devouring this book, following me around telling me all the 'interesting' things he's learning. (I don't really mind, it is nice to see him enthusiastic about something other than a video game.) The book might be considered a 'Mineralogy 101' and has been a very good textbook to introduce the science to my budding mineralogist. Not really having the same interest, I wouldn't be able to tell you if the book would be a good reference for someone already familiar with mineralogy. The things my nephew likes best is it filled in gaps of his knowledge of crystalline structures & how they form & how the formations affect what you do with them (faceting). The discussions on mining techniques also caught his interest. All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase, and so is my nephew.

War of the Worlds
War of the Worlds
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $18.73
38 used & new from $0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Autumn - my FAVORITE, February 27, 2010
This review is from: War of the Worlds (Audio CD)
I owned this cassette in High School and College. My very favorite song was "Forever Autumn" - it is a beautifully sad love song. I was so excited to find this in CD because I totally wore out my cassette playing it. :( To me, the rest of the album is just a great backdrop - storyline- for my favorite song. I think this album has every style of music in it - well, every style that was around in the 70's and 80's anyway - so I think everyone would be able to find, in this soundtrack, a song they really enjoyed.

A Poetry Of Shadows (Poniard the Thief Book 1)
A Poetry Of Shadows (Poniard the Thief Book 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars When do we get to see book 2?, February 16, 2010
I love this book. It is right up there with "The Hobbit" being a well written fantasy adventure that pulls you in and keeps you. The reader is introduced to such interesting people you hate to say goodbye to them at the end of the book. My favorite parts are when Poniard learns to read and how his perceptions of his life and environment change. Another favorite part is Poniard's time spent with the Razahki people. I spent a number of years in the middle east and fell in love with the ways of the bedouin Arabs. The descriptions of the Razahki people made me homesick for them.
Well, I'm ready for book 2 now, when is it scheduled to be published?