Profile for husainkb > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

husainkb RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool device., May 5, 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Pretty cool device. Had a chance to compare it with the Apple TV. Both devices are awesome.

I had to use a VPN router to access some of the TV shows though while overseas. On last trip back home, took it back and it works great. You really need the Prime service to avail the advantages.

Somehow could not hook up my bluetooth keyboard to it.

One less star since most of the shows are in a rather blurry format - definitely not HD. Maybe its due to the slow speed on my internet connection overseas.

Sony 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
Sony 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card
Price: $29.95
13 used & new from $28.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy until you upgrade your machine., May 5, 2015
The card did NOT work with windows 7 nor my Macbook Pro

Worked briefly with my Nokia Camera - as a 32 GB card.

Broke in two in about two months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2015 8:35 AM PDT

Stop Snoring And Heavy Breathing By My Snoring Solution Chin Strap. W/ Bonus Sleep Package Included. #1 Ranked Device On the Market.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for some ... not for me., May 5, 2015
Did not work for me. May work for you. Got another one like this - use it on swollen ankle instead. This thing is really good for that too.

SnoreShield(TM) Stop Snoring Anti Snoring Jaw Strap - New Comfort Fit with Innovative Adjustable Velcro to Fit any Size Head! #1 Ranked Device on the Market. TRY RISK FREE!
Offered by National-Distributors
Price: $14.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, May 5, 2015
It did NOT work for me. May work for you. Good solid velcro though - I use it on my swollen ankle now.

I wound up with a sore jaw, even more sore spouse and a headache.

On Saudi Arabia: Its People, Past, Religion, Fault Lines - and Future
On Saudi Arabia: Its People, Past, Religion, Fault Lines - and Future
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $13.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book., May 5, 2015
Interesting book. Written by a lady who actually lived.

Some facts are outdated - but that's okay I guess, she lived in Riyadh. I lived in a different part of the country.
Things are neither as bad nor as good as presented in this book.
I guess you have to visit Saudi Arabia to find out for yourself. If you dare ;-) Seriously, though, there are good and bad people in every society. This country is going through major identity crises at one: women wanting more opportunity, the job situation, looming population growth, etc coupled with traditional values and stigmas. This is an interesting part of the world.

BTW - For some reason I was unable to purchase this book on my kindle till I reached the US.

Kraft Easy Mac Triple Cheese, 4.1 Ounce Cups (Pack of 8)
Kraft Easy Mac Triple Cheese, 4.1 Ounce Cups (Pack of 8)
Price: $16.00
5 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars You really want to read a review on a Cheese product, May 5, 2015
My life was over. The kids were hungry. It was raining cats, dogs and mice outside. The wife was out of town.
As the lightning strikes grew in intensity and the house shook with thunder, I grappled with the dark notion of LUNCH. She always knew what to do in crunch time. Why, why, why did she have to leave early to work today? Why, me? How can I possibly handle this crisis on my own....

I looked into sad, gaping eyes of my kids -- the hunger pangs and unwashed ears -- and thought to myself. "I have to feed these brats something"
Beef jerky was not an option any more ... never mind the fact that I snarfed the last one an hour ago.

Rummaging through the pantry and fridge past all the staple alternatives like lasagna, lettuce, fruits, yogurt, eggs, ... I came across the Kraft Easy Mac.
Just then the sun broke through the clouds and reflected off the stove top on the blue bowl! A man's meal indeed.

"Kids! We are saved!!" -

The microwave took forever in it's torturous cycle of heating the milk and cheese as we watched spellbound ....

Ding

Bliss

Relief

Dad to the rescue ... again.

Black Low Profile PU leather Wallet Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by Covert
Offered by Clickjunkie
Price: $9.45
2 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 5, 2015
Nice. Two slots for credit card.
I stuck a "paypal" id holder to it and it doubles as a wallet.

VTech CS6649 DECT 6.0 Expandable Corded/Cordless Phone with Answering System and Caller ID/Call Waiting, Silver/Black with 1 Handset
Price: $39.99
112 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unit., May 5, 2015
It simply works. We don't use half the features in it ... we should ... but there is no need. The battery life is great ... I brought three extra units for it and they connected with no problems. I had to charge the units fully, then restarted the base - and we have four extensions.

Weird part is this phone works while our microwave is running. The last busted unit could not be used be while the microwave was on. Maybe I need a new microwave.

Pebble Smartwatch for iPhone and Android (Black)
Pebble Smartwatch for iPhone and Android (Black)
Price: $99.99
236 used & new from $69.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after about 2 months. A good idea but needs better hardware., May 5, 2015
UPDATE: The bag of rice did work. There are blotches on the inside of the screen. Obviously this is not as water proof as it is advertised.

Lowering the rating - NO reply from pebble support at all. - I wasted my money on this one. I should have brought the U8 (see amazon's site.) It's a quarter the price. I can get by ... but somehow I get the feeling you get what you pay for applies here.
-------------------------------------------
I would love to say I like it - but unfortunately I cannot any more. The watch ran for about 2 and 1/2 months and then inexplicably died.
There is a "white screen of death". I tried to be careful with it: no swimming, no water. not even leaving it in the bathroom while the shower was on.
I searched for answers, hard resets, drain the battery and now the last straw - a complete drain with a week in a bag of rice. (That worked twice with a Nano btw)

It's unreliable hardware IMHO. No wonder Apple runs circles around cheap hardware.

Whilst it was working I became VERY used to it since I could tell who's calling, whether the last message is worth responding to immediately, the world clock needed work though but was enough for me to get by and most of all I had developed my own little app for it on Linux. The SDK uses C and is available on Linux not windows.

The b/w display is great even in really sunny weather and the back light helps at night. The apps were a bit cheesy and repetitive but some were really useful!

Now no more. If this review reads like a romance gone bad, it should. I feel jilted and robbed.

Well, either pebble's support gets off their collective *removed* and replies back or I shell out my hard earned money for a Samsung Fit band. It's really tempting to go with Samsung. I did give this little guy a chance but it failed ... miserably, suddenly and silently.

Cisco RV110W-A-NA-K9 Small Business RV110W Wireless N VPN Firewall Router
Cisco RV110W-A-NA-K9 Small Business RV110W Wireless N VPN Firewall Router
Price: $65.30
67 used & new from $65.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really meant for normal users, December 22, 2014
Brought this from Amazon under the *wrong* impression that I could access my VPN account on the router thus freeing a login on every client machine.This thing is apparently for incoming VPN connections only, not outgoing ones to non-cisco providers. There is no way to enter in a username and password for a service like private internet access or hide my a s s or other services.

I also looked into getting a DDWRT binary for it but found none.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 2:38 PM PST