Profile for Del > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Del RSS Feed (MOBILE, AL, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
FolkArt 2517 8-Ounce Chalkboard Paint, Black
FolkArt 2517 8-Ounce Chalkboard Paint, Black
Price: $5.44
14 used & new from $5.44

4.0 out of 5 stars as described, January 4, 2015
Applied to inside of a kitchen cabinet door, following directions. Chalk writing shows up clear and bright.

Vaxcel USA CRVLU001CH Carlisle 1 Light Transitional Wall Sconce Lighting Fixture in Chrome, Glass
Price: $60.35
17 used & new from $42.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, January 4, 2015
These look terrific for the price. Paired with a Kohler arch-top single door cabinet in our old-fashioned bathroom.

Quaker Oats, Steel Cut, 25 Ounce, Quick 3 Minute (Pack of 4)
Quaker Oats, Steel Cut, 25 Ounce, Quick 3 Minute (Pack of 4)
Offered by Connoisseur Market
Price: $29.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Ick, January 4, 2015
Bought by accident at the local grocery. Whatever Quaker did to these oats has managed to erase both the flavor and texture of steel-cut. It's like they took instant oatmeal and formed it into little steel-cut-like chunks, the way McDonald's makes "meat" into "ribs." I'll be reading labels more carefully from now on.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Like another reviewer said, September 11, 2014
Like another reviewer said, these are fine if they don't get a lot of banging around. but the skinny little "nipple" part that sticks out can get bent easily, which makes the device useless. However, they are good and cheap. I ordered four, to charge the new phone in all the convenient places the old one used to charge, plus a spare.

Edit: I have now discovered that these are only good for charging. They don't work with the speakers docking station thing (phone charges but music doesn't play) and iTunes can't see the phone if you plug into the computer with the adapter. Notched my review down a star. Right now, it's a cheap way to avoid buying another charger for the car.

Epica Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder-Stainless Steel Blades and Removable Grinding Cup for Easy Pouring
Offered by Perella's
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $22.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, helpful seller, August 20, 2014
Bought this to use for grinding spices and it works very well. Relied on another review that said the cup is easier to clean than other models. Also, got an email just before I received the grinder from Perella's with tips for the best way to use it for coffee (pulse, not continuous, so as not to heat the beans). I thought that was a nice piece of extra customer service.

Reliable IronMaven J420 Home Ironing System, Made in Europe
Reliable IronMaven J420 Home Ironing System, Made in Europe
Price: $299.00
10 used & new from $280.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm from October 2011 until I filled the ..., July 2, 2014
Worked like a charm from October 2011 until I filled the tank this morning and the water coursed straight through onto the floor. I expect more than two and a half years of once-weekly use from a $240 iron, but from reading the other reviews here I see I am not alone. Guess it's back to "disposable" irons for me. A shame because this one really did make the chore a lot easier.

Animal House Toucan Can Opener
Animal House Toucan Can Opener

1.0 out of 5 stars Died on the third can, February 19, 2014
This adorable opener is heavy and seems sturdy and well-made, but the first time I used it it seemed a little off and didn't work smoothly. By the third can (fire-roasted tomatoes, as it happened) it was no longer doing the job at all. It starts off great, although you have to squeeze awfully hard, but then after an inch or so it starts skipping and jumping. The only way to get the can open (when you have just given your old Oxo can opener to your son to take back to college and the Toucan is now the only opener in the house) is to keep going around and trying to start fresh on the skipped places, and then when you've got most of it done, to pry the lid off of there with the point of a knife, being careful about those jagged edges.

My daughter ordered this for me as a gift, since I liked the blue jay corkscrew (same company) her brother bought me so much. I wish I hadn't kept it to myself that the corkscrew doesn't work all that great, either (although it's not a total fail like the toucan).

Altec Lansing IMT320 30-Pin iPod Speaker Dock
Altec Lansing IMT320 30-Pin iPod Speaker Dock
Offered by NewburghSales
Price: $49.95
9 used & new from $38.99

3.0 out of 5 stars gave up its widdle ghostie, December 13, 2013
I bought this in February for my sewing room, hoping that music would get me working in there more often. Without bringing my personal motivation into it, I must now report that after maybe a dozen sessions, the player no longer works. Heard a couple of static-y pops, but that was all. It still charges the iPhone, though, so I guess what I now own is a $65 iPhone charger. Wonder if it's too late to ask Santa to bring a different brand?

Edit: a few weeks later, it mysteriously works again.

KitchenAid KFP715ER 7-Cup Food Processor, Red
KitchenAid KFP715ER 7-Cup Food Processor, Red

2.0 out of 5 stars more handle woes, June 17, 2013
I bought one of these in July 2011 for around eighty dollars. Bowl handle lasted till March of this year. Found a matching red one, sold as genuine KA, at another site cheaper than the white one at Amazon, so bought it there--$36 including shipping. It seemed like a slightly simpler locking design so I thought good, they've reworked this, maybe this one will last. Found it in pieces in the dishwasher the other night. I am now faced with the decision of buying yet another bowl, which if I am lucky will mean I have spent almost as much as the machine cost replacing the bowls, or to dump a perfectly serviceable motor to switch brands.

I've used Kitchenaid processors for years and I think the problem with this design is that they put a groove in the upper lid to prevent leaking when you process liquids. This does indeed work. Things fly up into the groove and get stuck, but it doesn't leak. However, I think this meant putting more stress on the locking mechanism. KA, I would rather have to wrap a dishtowel around the bowl on the rare occasions when I'm doing something wet than to keep replacing the bowl every few months.

Sirio MS014 Deep Seating Set with Sunbrella Fabric, 2-Piece (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, very lightweight, March 16, 2013
So far so good. Comfortable although cushions are a bit firmer than you'd expect. Super lightweight, so much so that I'm worried about it holding up. Will update.

Product description says ottoman "can be used in front of any of the three seats" but this is not true. The right and left cushions are curved to fit the back of the sofa, and the ottoman zips onto the left-hand cushion (with a separating zipper) at the base where the two join, to keep it from sliding around. This is a nice feature, but it means the ottoman pretty much has to go right there, unless you want to look at a zipper. This was a disappointment because we would prefer to have it on the other side, but hardly worth returning the set over.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3