Profile for C. Burns > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 108

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Burns RSS Feed (Grand Junction, Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Wahl 5537-500 Performer Battery Operated Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Wahl 5537-500 Performer Battery Operated Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Offered by HOUSEWARES
Price: $14.00
9 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, great price, lasts a long time - what more do you want?, September 14, 2014
I have a Wahl Battery powered clipper that looks just like this one. I can't find a model number on it and it is at least ten years old and maybe 15 years old. The only difference I can see is that mine takes three AA batteries and this takes two. I thought my unit died and went on Amazon to look for a replacement. When I saw the latest version I read some of the reviews and saw OIL mentioned. Well I can not remember every oiling mine so I loosened the screws a tad and hit it with some WD40. It now works great!

So I can say that mine has lasted for 10 to 15 years while being neglected and still works. A valid complaint is that the battery door is marginal. A rubber band takes care of that. For the money and longevity why buy anything else. I did not want a rechargeable unit because I know the battery would be gone and unreplaceable in four or five years. I didn't want a corded unit because my wife will often trim my neck (outdoors or standing in the shower - before turning the shower on!) and having to plug it in would be a pain.

The Little Bob 6-pak
The Little Bob 6-pak
Offered by Goofy Products
Price: $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping computer wires neat and tidy., August 20, 2014
Great little product; the side of my desk is much neater. I like the small size.

Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Light Lamp
Mini Cree Led Flashlight Torch Adjustable Focus Light Lamp
Offered by TrustEHarbor
Price: $3.99
41 used & new from $3.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great small, inexpensive LED flashlight., August 20, 2014
I ordered three of these some months back and they work great. When I saw what appeared to be the sam product but at a lower price I ordered six more. Thee first batch came in individual boxes but cost 2.00 more. Those were cheaper and we just wrapped in plastic. They appear to be blems with each having a cometic problem. I don't care as they all work and at this price I can have them all over the place. One in each vehicle door pocket, one in suitcase, one in briefcase, one on desk, etc. The reach of the light is all out of proportion to the cost and the beams clean. It is not up to Surefire quality; but at 5-10% of the SF price that is ok. The light also has a simple on/off switch in the tail cap and doesn't have the annoying strobe feature some lights have. Battery lives seems real good. I would guess in the six hour range.

Westek 6079BC 500W Full Range Replacement Dimmer, Black
Westek 6079BC 500W Full Range Replacement Dimmer, Black
Price: $11.99
13 used & new from $7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine., August 20, 2014
Nothing much to say about it except that it is as described and works well. To make it go in to the tube easier it took a little of the end of the metal shaft. In fact it looks virtually identical to what I took out of the lamp. Thee one I took out would probably still be working if I hadn't been running to big of a bulb.

RESCUE TAPE Self-Fusing Silicone Tape
RESCUE TAPE Self-Fusing Silicone Tape
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars All OFF ROAD enthusiast NEED this product!, August 20, 2014
I used this tape for the second time this weekend. We were on a Jeeping trip over Pearl Pass and part way up I developed a leak on one of my automatic transmission cooler hoses.. We separated the two hoses, cleaned the hose with rags and then wrapped it tightly, stretching and overlapping as the directions say to do. It seemed to hold when started and we were able to drive off the mountain to Crested Butte to effect a permanent repair. The trans temp gauge said the fluid temp was 190 and the line was a pressurized line. Needless to say I was very happy with the tape. The only other time I have used it was as a repair on a soaker hose, that was years ago and is still holding. I wonder how long the Jeep hose repair would last. I do know that when we got into town to do the permanent repair it was hard to get the tape off.

If you travel off the beaten path you NEED this product.

Cree 7W 300LM Mini LED One Mode Flashlight
Cree 7W 300LM Mini LED One Mode Flashlight
Offered by TechCity Trading
Price: $3.50
92 used & new from $0.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light for the money!, November 18, 2013
This is a great little flashlight. My wife actually prefers it over one of my Surefire Nitrolon G2 flashlights that runs on two 123 batteries! For the price this is an awesome light. the light is very white and doesn't have the annoying strobe feature some lights have.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great service from the seller!, November 18, 2013
How to rate this? If it truly deserved five stars I wouldn't have had to replace it. The TIPM is a real weakness on late model Jeeps. But this product was as described, factory new and wired when installed. The seller performed in a stellar fashion and I would not hesitate to but from them again. They shipped it immediately and by a faster method than I thought they would use.

SE MZ101B Helping Hands with Magnifying Glass
SE MZ101B Helping Hands with Magnifying Glass
Offered by GeeksHive, Inc.
Price: $5.97
41 used & new from $2.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok - adequate for occasional use., November 18, 2013
I had some difficult to solder pieces and need a "third hand" to help. This worked but it is a bit on the light duty side. The nuts are stamped and hard to tighten. The price was right but quite frankly I would have rather paid two or three times as much for a higher quality version of this product.

Thermos Stainless-Steel Vacuum Insulated Bottle,16 Ounce
Thermos Stainless-Steel Vacuum Insulated Bottle,16 Ounce
Offered by Campmor
Price: $23.99
3 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality and just the right size., November 18, 2013
It keeps my refill for my coffee mug hot all day. It doesn't leak and is just the right size. There are a lot of good big insulated bottles out there but they seem overkill size wise. A friend has one of these that appears ancient and he has had no problems with it at all.

Spectre Performance 8132 Red 4-1/2" Air Filter
Spectre Performance 8132 Red 4-1/2" Air Filter
Price: $22.49
22 used & new from $22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and a great price., November 18, 2013
The company that did the LS V8 conversion on my Jeep Wrangler installed this filter. The shop is extremely knowledgable and felt this filter was as good as any filter of its type on the market but at a much better price. I have two spares that I keep pre-oiled in ziploc bags in case I get in real dusty conditions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11