Profile for C. Burns > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 125

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Burns RSS Feed (Grand Junction, Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
GearWrench 9018 9/16-Inch Combination Ratcheting Wrench
GearWrench 9018 9/16-Inch Combination Ratcheting Wrench
Price: $11.44
35 used & new from $5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great, no problems, decent price for a single wrench., January 25, 2015
I've had Gear Wrech gear drive wrenches for years and not had a failure. I just needed one particular size handy in my Jeep and wanted to leave the whole set intact in my tool box so I bought this individual wrench.

The price was better than I could find anyplace else.

Kleinn Air Horns 6275RT Air Tank - 1.5 Gallon Capacity
Kleinn Air Horns 6275RT Air Tank - 1.5 Gallon Capacity
Price: $60.98
5 used & new from $60.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality looks good and handles 150 psi compressor with no problem., January 25, 2015
I was looking for a tank for my Jeep to speed up airing up my tires and to help run air tools better. It is good to start out with a full tank and let the compressors run while moving from tire to tire. I have the mid sized ARB mounter under hood to run the lookers and the twin compressor ARB unit mounted under the passenger seat on a Carolina Metal Masters bracket (08 Jeep JK Wrangler 4dr). The twin compressor unit shuts off at 150 psi. Te under hood compressor originally ran from 70-100 psi but I bought a 150 cutoff switch on it. Both units are plumbed to the tank and airing up is fast now. It takes 90 seconds to air a 40" tire from 10 to 30 psi.

The tank seems to have no problem with the 150 output of the compressors.

The only problem I had with the tank was that some of the fittings didn't want to go in the holes very far. It may have been the brand of fittings or that they weren't pipe but solid brass. In those outlets I just ran a 1/4" NPT tap fairly deep and all was well.

Stanley Proto J4905BD 3/8-Inch Drive Ball End Extra Long Hex Bit Socket, 5/32-Inch
Price: $15.55
3 used & new from $10.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is good but price is not., January 25, 2015
Te quality seems good and it works just fine. My only complain is that the drive is 3/8" In the smaller ball end sockets I would prefer 1/4" drive. I found after I bought this that Lowe's sells long ball end hex drives like this individually and I would have spent half as much buying the Kobalt brand at Lowes and not had to pay shipping.

Poison Spyder JK Lower A-Pillar Light Mounts (Pair)
Poison Spyder JK Lower A-Pillar Light Mounts (Pair)
Offered by 1800CarParts
Price: $31.32
6 used & new from $31.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended; and work with Baja Designs lights, not just Rigid., January 25, 2015
Very nicely done product. It fits the mild curve of the windshield frame well. It was designed for the Rigid brand lights but I decided to go with Baja Designs. I ordered them hoping the hole spacing would work on the Squadron Pro XL lights that I have and it does.
The Price was fair and the shipping was 10.00 less than if you bought them directly from Poisen Spyder.

Odyssey 34-PC1500T Automotive and LTV Battery
Odyssey 34-PC1500T Automotive and LTV Battery
Offered by wUnderCarParts LLC
Price: $261.48
12 used & new from $232.55

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST battery to buy., December 14, 2014
This is THE battery. I have tried the supposedly similar Sears Platinum but have suffered a 50% failure rate with the Sears battery. Spend the few extra dollars and get the real deal. These are also far superior to the highly overrated Optima batteries. Many years ago Optima had a decent reputation for quality but they have gone downhill. Other than quality another reason these are better than Optima is that with its round cell configuration Optima wastes 80-85% of the space it occupies. The Odyssey uses its space fully and has a result has much better specs.

Simple Green 13406 Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner, 1 Gallon Bottle
Simple Green 13406 Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner, 1 Gallon Bottle
Price: $17.43
8 used & new from $16.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great so far., December 14, 2014
So far so good. I wanted a cleaner that would clean but not etch the raw aluminum fenders on my Jeep and so far this seems to work great. I have used it on some other things, like high dollar aluminum light fixtures and it has also worked well. I plan on trying it as an engine degreaser and will update when after I try it. I am using it at a 1:2 parts water concentration.

Schroder 4.006.4 Ratcheting 1/4-Inch Tap Wrench, 3-1/2-Inch Long
Schroder 4.006.4 Ratcheting 1/4-Inch Tap Wrench, 3-1/2-Inch Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., December 14, 2014
I read some negative reviews on this and don't understand them. This tool works great. The only caveat is that to handle the taps in the average tap set, which goes from #2 to 1/2" you will need two of these; the 006 and 007. The smaller one looks like it will also handle smaller sizes than #2 taps. This is a great feeling German tool and I really like them both.

ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed (Twin)
ALPS Mountaineering Rechargeable Air Bed (Twin)
Price: $62.07
27 used & new from $51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far much better than the Colemans we had before. They don't leak overnight!, December 14, 2014
So far we have used these four one camping season and are happy with them. We have not had them blown up for more than three days at a time but they seem to hold air. We got rid of the previous Coleman units because the would not go the night without needing to be pumped up again, This applied to four Coleman mattresses. The first two we took back and they were replaced free but I just threw the Colemans away not wanting to hassle with them any more. My only concern with these is the proprietary air up fixture they use.So far all is well and I like that they supply both an AC charger and a 12V car charger.

Satco S9039 10.5 Watt (60 Watt) 870 Lumens A19 LED Daylight White 5000K OmniX 360 Beam Pattern KolourOne Light Bulb, Dimmable
Price: $19.50
4 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bulb!, December 14, 2014
Ok, some maybe I am crazy spending this much on an LED when there are cheap compact fluorescent lights out there. The problem is that the lifespan of the CF bulbs is vastly overstated and i find they only last one or two times the life of an incandescent bulb. I hate the fact that the government is trying to mandate the purchase of CF lights too. So far I have three of these in service. The one that is in use the longest is in an expensive fixture that is hard to access and that requires to people on ladders to change the bulb. It runs ten to fourteen hours a day and has been in use for about two years with no problems.

One thing I really like about these SATCO bulbs is that I can get them in different Kelvin color temps. The one in the fixture mentioned above is a 2700K and is in a fixture outdoors and has a nice warm glow. The light mentioned in this review is a 5000k temp range and is in my garage and matched the color of the fluorescent tube fixtures.

A local electrical supplier carries this brand and several other brands of LED's and he says he has found the SATCO is the only one that will reach its stated 25,000 hour life span. You can buy cheaper bulbs but these will be cheaper in the long run.

I am just hoping that as these become more common the price will decline a bit.

AVAK ML100 DUO -2-in-1 Extended Handle Fastening Tool for 3/16" Rivet and 5/16" Blind Rivet Nut (Standards UNC)
Offered by marcustool
Price: $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The tool works, but the angle head tool may suit better., December 14, 2014
I have used this products and it works fine. It is far superior to the old method of using a length of thread, nuts and a wrench. The RivNuts that are set with this seem to be more firmly in place and I haven' had any that wanted to turn once installed. I would suggest learning the tool on some scrap pieces before working on something important. You do need to be careful and hold the tool straight; one handle can seem to go in before the other giving an awkward pull to the side. Until I figured this out I managed to bend one of the mandrels, the 1/4x20, so I need to replace that. The reason for the 4 stars is that I think I might have been happier with one of this companies tools that was not "straight line" but was right angle, like a rivet gun, or that had an adjustable head. Both of them seem to have a fixed handle and one movabllever and I think that may be the better set up. On the other hand this works and seems to set them firmly. And in some areas a tool with the operating arm and lever at a right angle simply might not fit.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13