Profile for Peter Hutnick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter Hutnick RSS Feed (Denver, Colorado United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Hydro Flask Insulated Wide Mouth Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Classic Stainless, 32-Ounce
Price: $33.75
17 used & new from $33.75

5.0 out of 5 stars This one keeps water icy cold for like a day with just a few ice cubes, June 17, 2015
Unbelievable insulation. I just wanted a bottle that didn't sweat. This one keeps water icy cold for like a day with just a few ice cubes!

Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes without MoCA Routers
Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes without MoCA Routers
Offered by AZPerfume
Price: Click here to see our price
43 used & new from $104.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 100BASE-TX, May 14, 2013
The specs say, "Max Physical Data Rate Up to 270 Mbps", as does the box. The Ethernet port is a 100BASE-TX port. While the MoCA link may be capable of 270 Mbps, the theoretical maximum link speed that this device can achieve is 200 Mbits, with 100 Mbits in each direction.

Caveats aside, it is beyond disingenuous to suggest this device can achieve anything higher than 200 Mbps. And that sets aside the misleading idea that simultaneously transmitting and receiving at 100 Mbits counts as 200 Mbits.

Marantz SR6007 Home Theater AV Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Marantz SR6007 Home Theater AV Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $499.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality and Lousy Support, January 10, 2013
The good:

Initial setup was nice. The onscreen GUI made it simple. The front panel display kept me apprised of the firmware upgrade process. Really nice device.

The bad:

The HDMI switch doesn't work reliably. I have two displays and tried two different sources. That's four combinations of sources and displays, with two "sets" of unique cabling. No combination worked reliably. I sent an email to Marantz. Six hours later*, no response. I called. After holding for fifteen minutes I spoke with their tech. He suggested that the problem was with my other equipment, which all worked with the receiver that this one replaced. I repeatedly tried to encourage him to help resolve the problem, but his only interest was in diverting blame.

I'm left with no choice but to return it.

Two stars because it is a very nice piece of gear. If you don't need support, you might be very happy with it!

* Admittedly, this isn't much time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 11:17 PM PST

Ready to Die [Vinyl]
Ready to Die [Vinyl]

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Version, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Ready to Die [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
Something went horribly wrong here. As others have mentioned, several tracks have been altered. Additionally, the packaging does not match the description. This set does not have a gatefold cover. Sides 1 and 2 bizarrely have the same track listing. Is this a knockoff?

IKEA - DIGNITET Curtain Wire, Stainless Steel
IKEA - DIGNITET Curtain Wire, Stainless Steel
Offered by TÖTÄL RECÄLL, Shipped freshly from Germany
Price: $16.01
14 used & new from $10.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy!, February 16, 2012
I used one of these to mount some cable equipment that is meant to be installed outdoors (strand mount). Did a FAR better job than my Home Depot hand-rolled solution.

I guess it would probably work pretty well for its intended purpose, too.

Fire Gone 2 Pack with Brackets - 16 oz.
Fire Gone 2 Pack with Brackets - 16 oz.
Price: $14.99
17 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Lived, September 2, 2011
I received these today. September 2, 2011. They expire January 1, 2013. That's sixteen months. Not even a year and a half.

I can't say if this is the nature of the product, or a freshness issue on Amazon's part. In either case, don't buy them here.

Very disappointing.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2012 12:50 PM PDT

Griffin Technology GuitarConnect Cable for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
Griffin Technology GuitarConnect Cable for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
Offered by TurboDeals
Price: $14.95
14 used & new from $6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work with iPhone 4, February 1, 2011
I've tried two of these, and my iPhone 4 doesn't recognize that an input device is plugged in. After a bunch of trial and error, and some very precise measurements, I found that by shimming the plug by about 0.22mm (thickness of a business card), the device is recognized. In this configuration there is an unacceptable level of static. I presume this is due to the less-than-perfect fit.

Now, I don't know if the phone's headphone/mic jack is out of spec, or if this cable is. But it doesn't really matter to me, the cable is useless in any case.

Griffin support offered to mail me a new cable if cut the old one up and sent them a picture. (I'm not making that up.) I have no reason to think another cable off the same line will work, so i'm just going to return it.

A real disappointment.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2014 7:01 AM PST

Presto 08702 ShineOn Electric Shoe Polisher
Presto 08702 ShineOn Electric Shoe Polisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job Done, November 2, 2010
Another reviewer stated that you can't get military spit shine with this device. I agree.

I attended a military high school for a year, and I served four years of active duty in the U.S. Army. But now I'm in the business world. I don't need a spit shine, I just need my shoes to look good with minimal effort, and this thing gets the job done. I just polished two pair of shoes in a little more than the time it would normally take me to do one pair. And it did a somewhat better job. And my hands don't smell like polish. Win!

Build quality and the packaging are average, and the pads do, in fact, shed on the first use. Solid four stars.

Bobkona Jr. Soft-Touch Reversible Bonded Leather Match 3-Piece Sectional Sofa Set, Espresso

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, September 14, 2010
Disappointments:

First, "bonded leather" is vinyl. It has some latex in it, which makes it more "touchable" than a '70s era vinyl couch. But it's still vinyl.

Second, as another reviewer points out, the "sofa" is two pieces. Like a love seat with one arm, and a chaise with one arm. They don't attach in any way. Seems okay on carpet, but I imagine this would be maddening on other flooring types, such as hardwood.

Third, the back is quite low. I'm barely 6', and it feels like I'm sitting on a couch made for kids. (This might be extra comfortable for folks under 5' 5".) Such are the risks of buying furniture online.

Mitigations:

I dissent with the other reviewer's opinion that the construction is difficult or loose. I wonder if he properly threaded the threaded rod into the arms and back. Not really tricky. The quality was sketchy (missing and misaligned holes in the fabric), but it feels solid to me now that it's assembled. The framing is also on the underbuilt side. I'm skeptical that it's going to stand up to daily use.

Conclusion:

Might work for a seldom-used basement bar or something, but not really an especially good buy in any case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2011 6:39 PM PDT

Griffin AirCurve Acoustic Amplifier for iPhone -Clear
Griffin AirCurve Acoustic Amplifier for iPhone -Clear
Offered by Essex Technology Group
Price: $6.95
7 used & new from $1.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a Disappointment, December 22, 2009
So, it does add a little oomph to the iPhone's audio. 10dB seems pretty optimistic, though.

Importantly, and not mentioned elsewhere that I see, this thing is USELESS for speakerphone. It creates a "rushing" sound on the other end of the call.

As mentioned elsewhere, it doesn't include a sync/charge cable, and it doesn't work with the stock Apple cable.

Beyond that, the design is nice, and it's an attractive unit.

Page: 1 | 2