Profile for Howard Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Howard Johnson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung 40W Replacement AC Adapter for Samsung Series 7 Slate: Samsung XE700T1A, Samsung XE700T1A-A01US, Samsung XE700T1A-A03US, Samsung XE700T1A-A04US, Samsung XE700T1A-A05US, 100% Compatible With P/N: AA-PA2N40L, BA44-00278A, AD-4019W
Offered by Power One
Price: $17.00
6 used & new from $10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and cheap, June 19, 2014
Identical to the factory supplied one that I broke.

Works flawlessly, engages in the socket with a satisfying click.

Enjoy

Kuryakyn 1444 Mirror Stem Extender
Kuryakyn 1444 Mirror Stem Extender
Price: $33.88
21 used & new from $33.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit a metric bike, June 19, 2014
No good for Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Triumph, Ducati, Moto Guzzi. Probably fits a Harley.

Plus when you see them you are going to wonder why you paid over $30 for two bent bolts, albeit very shiny ones.

Returned them and got refund. (Amazon is cool).

2 x 7.5W Lens Build-In Chip White Cree Q5 H4 Headlights Lamp Car Led Bulb
2 x 7.5W Lens Build-In Chip White Cree Q5 H4 Headlights Lamp Car Led Bulb
Offered by Hidream(8-18 days from China with Tracking)
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $16.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good on a Vulcan 750 motorcycle, June 19, 2014
The older Vulcans have weak charging systems, so I wanted a headlight that drew less power, but still provided adequate lighting to see and be seen. These bulbs fit both needs pretty well.

The light appears as bright, or brighter, than the fancy H4 incandescent I replaced, but different. The light pattern on high beam is very even, with a good spread and penetrates a long way ahead to illuminate signs etc. The color is a crisper white than a regular bulb, but nothing showy. The low beam is more of a running light really, and I adjusted the angle so that the high beam is a compromise between seeing everything you need and blinding oncoming drivers. I think this will work, though I haven't taken a long ride on a dark country road yet.

The power draw is much better. My bike now idles well up into the recommended range (green on my voltmeter) and doesn't dip into the yellow even when the cooling fan comes on. I suddenly realized how much juice the old bulb was burning.

Fitting is literally plug and play on a standard H4 socket. 5 minutes if you know how to open the headlight shell.

Shipping was about a week from China. I also ordered an "American made" bulb from a US supplier, complete with all kinds of thinly disguised xenophobic advertising, and these bulbs are hands down better- brighter, less flickery and the "American" bulb doesn't work at all on low beam.

Oh, one minor annoyance, which is related to the electrics on my bike, the warning light for the headlight is now on, trying to tell me that my bulb is out. The bulb draws so little power that the bike thinks it's not there. This I can live with, especially since the light is bright enough that you never have any doubt that it's working.

At this price it's worth trying. Plus you get a spare. These will probably outlive me.

Sherlock, Season 3
Sherlock, Season 3
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, February 12, 2014
Just the smartest, best-written drama around.

Acting, production values are excellent. Characters have grown in to real compelling people. Manages to pull off the balance between suspense and comedy better than anything I've seen on TV for years.

Abus Locks U 64 Mini Futura Bike Lock
Abus Locks U 64 Mini Futura Bike Lock
Offered by Pro.Bike.Supply
Price: $76.06
29 used & new from $74.90

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite lock, November 22, 2013
Very lightweight and strong. large enough to use the Sheldon Brown Method ([...] method of locking a bike to a parking meter or sign post. Occasionally the mechanism gets misaligned and you have to fiddle a bit to get the key in. Once or twice had to search around for something small enough to lock it to 34th St NYC has fat street furniture for example).

Abus are good at key replacement and will even supply new locks to match your existing keys, more usful thatn it sounds with three kids and a number of bikes, though you have to pay retail, of course. If I am parking in a high risk area I carry a short wire cable to lock the front wheel and I feel perfectly secure.

Overall the size and weight outweigh any slight annoyances. Will buy another when I lose this one.

Gore Bike Wear Men's Path Gore-Tex  Jacket (Black, X-Large)
Gore Bike Wear Men's Path Gore-Tex Jacket (Black, X-Large)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket., November 22, 2013
A bit on the trim side, no pockets to speak of, but keeps me try and looks great. Got a very good deal on, can't remember how much but it was cheaper than many non-Goretex jackets.

Blackburn Flea 2.0 Front Headlight  and Rear Light Combo with USB Charger, Black
Blackburn Flea 2.0 Front Headlight and Rear Light Combo with USB Charger, Black
Offered by TOPQPS
Price: $38.99
37 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all-round lights I've owend in 40 years of cycling., November 22, 2013
I'm on my second year with these lights, and I'm still able to get by charging in them once or twice a week, which is easy and quick, just plug them into the USB port on my work laptop. The battery warning light gives you a 3 stage warning: Green, fully charged, Orange starting to go, Red, recharge now, but I find I can still cycle another 30 minutes on red if I need to. No batteries to replace means cheap to run, good for the environment, and I think it makes the light itself more robust, since the case is sealed.

The Velcro straps allow me to attach them to my helmet with a bit of ingenuity (they are every lightweight). In terms of being seen they are the business. Helmet mounting is great because you not in in danger of leaving them on the bike, you can point them at people that you suspect may not have seen you, and they are right in a driver's line of sight. Pedestrians say things like "Whoa, saw your lights!". I even had a taxi driver of all people wind down his window and say " I saw you from two blocks back". They are not enough to allow you to see where you are going on an unlighted road or path, but as an urban survival aid, they are the business.

The only downside I can think of is that if they get really wet, sometimes they won't switch off, but they seem to dry out fine.

Classic Accessories 73817 MotoGear Motorcycle Indoor Dust Cover, Cruiser
Classic Accessories 73817 MotoGear Motorcycle Indoor Dust Cover, Cruiser
Price: $22.69
23 used & new from $22.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof., November 22, 2013
Should have read the description more closely. Ordered this instead B0022UP9V6 , which is a much more serious piece of kit.

Thermos FOOGO Stack N Lock, Tripoli, 12 Ounce
Thermos FOOGO Stack N Lock, Tripoli, 12 Ounce
Offered by Simply Uncommon
Price: $12.75
14 used & new from $12.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for us, November 22, 2013
These are the only microwavable insulated food containers I could find, which means that we can just put in leftovers from dinner for our 3 kids, zap it in the microwave and put the top on. They report hot food at lunchtime. Seems to be enough food for a very active seven year old. They stack if you want to keep that starch and protein separate.

The only downside is that the plastic insides can stain with curries, borscht and Chili.

Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger
Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger
Price: $26.99
145 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, November 22, 2013
Got this product yesterday, hooked it up in about 15 minutes using a screwdriver , plugged it in and went to bed. Woke up this morning to a fully charged battery and a motorcycle that starts. Best $20 I've spent in ages! Works exactly as described. I really like the fact that the connector is left on the bike and weatherized with an integrated fuse. There are also standard charger leads in case you want to charge the battery away from the bike.

I'll probably leave it connected once the weather gets colder to avoid damage to the battery (I live in NJ and we get some pretty chilly days). Too early to talk about durability, but it has a 5 year guarantee, and honestly it's a transformer with an LED light and a microprocessor controller. No moving parts, so hard to see what could go wrong, always excepting freak electrical events or doing something stupid. (Word is it can't be used to jump start a dead bike)

Page: 1 | 2