Profile for Book girl Eva > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 92

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book girl Eva RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
7 PC Modern PURPLE BLACK SILVER Chenille Comforter Set / BED IN A BAG - QUEEN SIZE BEDDING

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped for, September 22, 2014
On the surface this set is beautiful and looks great but one of the pillows has come unraveled and there are loose and unraveling strings in all of the other pillows. The blanket has held up alright but while the weather is still warm it is merely decorative and I will update this review when the comforter gets more use.

10ct Emerald Shape Halo Amethyst and Diamond Ring Crafted In Solid Sterling Silver,size 7
Offered by SuperJeweler
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 22, 2014
This has become my new favorite ring. The band is as small as described but the stone is still beautiful and looks great. I get compliments every time I wear it and I have several people ask me wear I got it and many don't believe that this is a real amethyst. I absolutely recommend this ring to anyone who likes amethyst or purple. The cut of the stone is not perfect but it does not retract from the ring. Totally worth the money.

2 1/4ct Emerald Cut Indian Ruby Earrings In Sterling Silver
2 1/4ct Emerald Cut Indian Ruby Earrings In Sterling Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I was hoping for, September 22, 2014
These earings while actual rubies are low in quality. The clarity is low, and the are several inclusions up close. That being said, for the price they are not a bad purchase. These flaws were not noticeable while I was wearing g them but when I bought them I was hoping for better quality. For a low price on sale they are an ok deal, but not at full price.

Golden Boy: The Complete Series
Golden Boy: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Kevin Alejandro
Price: $32.39
12 used & new from $24.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show taken before its time, September 13, 2014
This is another show that was cancelled before it's time despite it greatness. I have no idea why CBS cancelled it but it deserved better treatment. Not every new show can have ratings like CSI. The cast was great and full of great actors from many other great shows, but I was very impressed with Theo James character. He did a great job of portraying a generally good person who was willing to do questionable things to do the right thing, and if he got ahead in the process, it only justified the means. His interactions with the other characters on the show is one of the best parts of the show. He has a almost father son relationship with his partner played by Chi McBride, and a very antagonistic relationship with officer played by Kevin Alejandro, who may have been a good or bad guy but was always left in question. In the middle between them was Alejandro's partner played by Bonnie Sommerville who was constantly stuck between them. I wish this show had been given more of a chance to have the story that was being developed more time to play out. Overall very entertaining, an I am very glad that it is finally available since I could never find it on DVD or digital.

Sterling Silver Amber Calla Flower Ring
Sterling Silver Amber Calla Flower Ring
Offered by Amber by Graciana
Price: $54.98

1.0 out of 5 stars The picture is deceiving, July 23, 2014
This ring is not at all what I was expecting. The Amber itself is not the advertised black cherry but a bright orange color. The band itself is very thin and overall the ring looks cheap. I will be returning this and do not recommend it to anyone.

Sterling Silver Created Ruby and Created White Sapphire Ring, Size 7
Sterling Silver Created Ruby and Created White Sapphire Ring, Size 7
Price: $47.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, July 23, 2014
I just got this ring and I already love it. It is even more beautiful than the picture. The ruby is clear and red and the size looks perfect on my hand. I hesitated buying it but I am so glad that I did. If you are looking for a nice ruby ring for a good price that can be worn casually or more formally this is the one for you

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [Blu-ray]
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Lily Collins
Price: $9.96
42 used & new from $4.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Movie version moved to fast, June 22, 2014
I have read the original moral instruments trilogy, and The City of Bones is a great complex story that took about 500 pages to tell. When I heard they were making a movie I wondered what parts they would take out since it would be impossible to put the entire story in a regular length movie. Because of this I have held off watching this movie for a long time since I could not think of any thing that could be taken out and not effect the entire story line for this part and the ones that come after. The answer was that the filmmakers tried cramming everything in in under 2 hours in order to tell all the necessary story lines. The result is that the entire movie felt rushed from the beginning. I don't how anyone who hasn't read the books would not walk away confused and suffering from information overload. One part I felt the filmmakers did right though was revealing that Jace and Clary are not actually brother and sister from the beginning. This fact was held back until the end of the third book and made their feelings for each other creepy, but also made you think that there had to be more to the story. The casting was also well done and the special effects did not look cheesy. Over all I liked not loved it, and won't be rushing to the theaters for the sequel if they make one.

Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut [Blu-ray] (2000)
Almost Famous: The Bootleg Cut [Blu-ray] (2000)
DVD ~ Various
Price: $8.91
40 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great additions to a movie I loved, June 22, 2014
This has been one of my favorite movies since it first came out and I was excited to see the extended edition. This one did not disappoint. This edition is nearly 3 hours long, but it doesn't feel that way. The additional scenes provide more depth and information, not just to the characters but to the story too. It seems they were most likely cut for time since few people are willing to sit in a theater for 3 hours. I am very happy with this purchase and the music was just as good as I remember it. Any fan of the original movie will love this version.

Hart of Dixie: Season 2
Hart of Dixie: Season 2
DVD ~ Rachel Bilson
Price: $18.07
52 used & new from $11.15

4.0 out of 5 stars A little backsliding but..., June 20, 2014
This review is from: Hart of Dixie: Season 2 (DVD)
This show became one of my new favorites in the first season and I was very excited about the second. The season started out strong but a little more than half way through their was some backsliding not just in the show plot but in the characters. The first half of the season was great. Zoe made a choice between George and Wade and embarked on an adult relationship and seemed to be growing as a person as did her chosen guy and many other characters. I looked forward to the show every week until the middle of the season when everything changed. Zoe's relationship was over all of the sudden in the span of 2 episodes and Zoe went back to being the immature woman who makes stupid choices that she almost instantly regrets. It was the first half of the first season all over again. I get that the writers and producers need to shake things up sometimes to keep a show interesting, but that is not what they did. They turned it all over on its head and not in a good way. The season thankfully ends on a high note that gives great hope for season 3. For everyone else who loves this show, don't give up yet. Hopefully the writers and producers will realize their mistake and go back to the way it was before.

Sleep Innovations 12-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress 20-Year Warranty, Queen
Sleep Innovations 12-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress 20-Year Warranty, Queen
Price: $429.12
2 used & new from $429.12

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bed, June 20, 2014
I have waiting for the right sale and the right time to get a new bed that was desperately needed. I have always wanted a memory foam but they have always been out of my price range. The sleep innovations mattress offered an affordable alternative and I managed to find them on sale for memorial day. Now that I was in an accident I appreciate this bed even more. Other reviewers complained that they did not get the right size no delivery but I did not have this problem. I got the size I ordered and it unfolded out of the vacuum sealed box right where I needed it to making it even more convenient since it weighed over ninety pounds. I have recommended this bed to many others who like me wanted a memory foam but could not afford the 3k price tag. This bed is great and I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10