Profile for kenk > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kenk RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Room on the Broom
Room on the Broom
DVD ~ Gillian Anderson
Price: $5.99
36 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video!, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Room on the Broom (DVD)
We first saw this when we went to a screening of the Oscar short animated finalists, and fell in love with it. We bought a copy for our 4 year-old granddaughter, who loves it. Like most new animations, there is plenty for adults to love too, and it is a nice story, well told, and a visual treat. Kid? Kid at heart? Artist? Animation geek? You'll watch it again and again.

Samsung BD-F6700 4K Upscaling 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player
Samsung BD-F6700 4K Upscaling 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine, May 13, 2014
I like the machine all around. I am not a videophile, so I can't get really technical. It works easily, the available online site is good. Connecting was a breeze. I coincidentally have a Samsung TV, and the "Source" function automatically selects the Blu-ray player if it is on and playing. Nice, unexpected bonus.

Otterbox Preserver Series Waterproof Case iPhone 5/5S - Retail Packaging - Pistachio - Grey/Glow Green
Price: $37.99
20 used & new from $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing sound quality; can't use it, May 13, 2014
I did a lot of comparison shopping before buying the case. I love the design; appears very water and shock-proof. Otter even suggest a waterproof test before you put your phone in the case, and it passed 100% But the case garbles both the speaker and the mike. I have slight hearing problems, and I really could not use the case at all. Also, others whom I called told me that they had difficulty hearing me. I ended up trading the case for a non-waterproof Otter case that a relative with great hearing had. Now he's having some trouble with clarity also, but I don't know whether he will continue using the case. That's a lot on money to waste. The reviews online were mixed about clarity, but this case was either at or near the top in every one. So, I guess I'll have to wait for a better waterproof technology. Right now I put the phone in a freezer-weight ziplock if I think it will get wet; when hiking, for example.

Credit Card Sleeves - RFID Blocking Holders - Best Protection For Contactless Payment Wallet Cards - Pack of 10 Wallet Sized Cases - Fit Smart Credit Debit ATM ID Common Access Cards (or CAC) & US Or Other Passport Cards - Protectors Against Identity Theft And Fraud Via Unauthorized RFID And NFC Scans AKA Digital Skimming Or Electronic Pickpocketing - Shields Data in A Wallet You Already Carry At Home Or While Travelling - Durable Laminated Secure Sleeves - Great Gift & Travel Accessory
Offered by CARMick Products
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, May 13, 2014
The credit card sleeves arrived very quickly. They take virtually no room in my wallet, and are cut so that you can get the cards in and out very easily. I have had them for a month or so, and they are still in new condition despite repeated use. I have no doubt that they stop RFID thieves, but, of course, have no way of knowing whether they have stopped attempts; I really got them for a trip to Europe this summer, where that type of thing is more common.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 12:46 PM PDT

Fruit Of The Loom Men's Heavy Cotton T-Shirt
Fruit Of The Loom Men's Heavy Cotton T-Shirt
Offered by Stitch With Us
Price: Click here to see our price
6 used & new from $4.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, January 28, 2014
The t-shirts arrived very quickly, and were exactly as described. I am using iron-on designs with them, and they are perfectly suited to the purpose. Because they are 100% cotton, I pre washed them twice, using hot water and high heat to dry them, in order to pre-shrink them. There was little or no shrinkage.

The Lone Ranger (2013) [HD]
The Lone Ranger (2013) [HD]
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to watch, but weakly written, January 16, 2014
This is a great film to rent because it is fun, but not so well produced or directed that you'd have to see it in a theatre. All of the major actors did good jobs, including the horse, but they had to deal with some weak storytelling and writing. Johnny Depp's talents got a respectful nod, rather than letting him do what he does. Even some of the best lines, like the "Hi-ho Silver, away" joke, were throwaways. (Compare that to the "I'm going to count to 3" joke that Date Night built up to, for instance.) Great, creative action, especially in the last quarter of the film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 12:14 PM PST

Alpha House Season 1 [HD]
Alpha House Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny!, December 28, 2013
Very funny series, full of wry observations and great acting. I don't watch much TV at all, but this show is worth the time.

Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to HDMI Cable in White 10 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $11.99
5 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SCI/HDMI cables, February 26, 2013
The cables arrived before the scheduled date. They were inexpensive and work perfectly, even though they are bundled with other cables.

Pity the Beautiful: Poems
Pity the Beautiful: Poems
by Dana Gioia
Price: $12.88
83 used & new from $3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, November 26, 2012
Dana Gioia writes beautiful, touching poetry. Out of great personal tragedy, he has reconstructed his life, but the ache is still there, and he translates life through it in wondrous words.

Suzanne
Suzanne
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Suzanne, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Suzanne (MP3 Music)
What can I say? This is the consummate performance of one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Judy Collins' clear, musical voice is perfect for this lyrical, delicate, magical song. After 40 years, still spellbinding.

Page: 1 | 2