Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Donna > Reviews

Browse

Donna's Profile

Customer Reviews: 163

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Donna RSS Feed (US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Belkin EaseFit Armband for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c / SE (Black)
Belkin EaseFit Armband for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c / SE (Black)
Price: $11.75
22 used & new from $4.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit iPhone 5 properly to be sweat-proof or moisture-proof, December 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin EaseFit Armband for the iPhone 5 is aesthetic pleasing with a nice form-factor fit around the upper arm, even small arms. I'm small in stature with my upper arms measuring around 10 inches. The material of the armband that lies against the skin feel nice and smooth, even when the skin is damp. The overall fit of the armband feels secure and snug even during vigorous activity.

Everything sounds pretty good so far until you get to how the iPhone 5 actually fits into the armband:
- The top slot that the iPhone 5 slides down into is narrow and snug on the sides but leaves the top of the iPhone 5's bezel and power button exposed.
- If you perspire heavily, the perspiration will drip down into this opening or if your outside and it starts raining there is no protection for the top portion of the iPhone 5 in this case.
- The bottom of the armband where the headphone jack opening is located doesn't line up nicely with headphone jack on the iPhone 5, if you use blue-tooth headphones this won't be an issue.
- It can also be tricky trying to navigate the touch screen while on the move since the front window of the armband pops away from the screen. This also makes it aggravating trying to push the bottom Home button on the iPhone 5.

Most cases on the iPhone 5 will have to be removed before inserting it into the armband or it will not fit.

I couldn't recommend this case for any type of exercise or activity where water or moisture will be present since this case will not offer protection against it. As a sports armband this one doesn't meet expectations, coming close to being a dud but if you just need a way to hold your iPhone 5 for activities where moisture will not be present, this armband would work.

Grin for Dental Health Soft Chews Supplement for Dogs, 4 oz
Grin for Dental Health Soft Chews Supplement for Dogs, 4 oz
Price: $7.16
7 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good healthy treat if you can get your dogs to eat it, December 18, 2012
I've been searching for a treat to give my dogs to help ensure healthy teeth and better breath, and these looked perfect because they are made of all natural ingredients and do not contain any wheat, soy, corn, dairy or sugar. These treats are small, about twice the size of a bullion cube and semi-soft but tough enough that the dogs have to work to chew them. To me, they stink, I don't like the smell of them.

I have four dogs:
- two of which who will eat nearly anything you give them, a boxer and a Boston terrier
- one who is a typical dog about what he'll eat and who has teeth problems, a long haired Chihuahua
- and another who is super finicky, a Boston terrier

The super finicky one will not eat these. The long haired Chihuahua, the one who needs to these treats the most, has to be coaxed into eating these and sometimes he just won't. The other two big eaters, will grudgingly eat these but that can also be hit or miss too on some days. Unfortunately, it's chore getting my dogs to eat these.

I'd recommend getting these treats in the small 4 ounce size the first time to be sure your dogs will eat them.

Tommy Hilfiger Women's Roni Jacket with Hood
Tommy Hilfiger Women's Roni Jacket with Hood

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect multi-seasonal jacket, December 18, 2012
I bought this jacket in black. The color is a soft black. I love the way this jacket fits, showing shape without being tight with room to move. I don't like brand logos being prominent on clothing I wear so like how the Tommy Hilfiger logo is very small on the bottom of the left sleeve. I think the overall effect is slimming and classy.

The outer shell is a soft neoprene type material with a decorative button sash on the back of jacket that does not come off or tighten. There is a zippered pocket on both sides of the jacket for easy hand placement and another zippered pocket on the left breast area. Inside the jacket, you could use the side pockets backings as pockets also. The hood is not detachable with a drawstring to tighten it around the face while wearing. The inside of the jacket is lined with a soft thin felt type material.

This jacket is perfect for Texas weather where we have mild winters and a few cold days. The outer layer blocks the cold wind easily and it's perfect for rainy days.

This jacket runs a size big. I originally ordered a small since I wear a 2/4 and according to the size chart listed with this jacket, the small was the size for me. However, when the small jacket arrived I found the sleeves went all the way down to my finger tips with my hands fully extended and the overall fit was very loose, making the jacket look bulky and unshapely. So I returned the small for an extra small and found the fit perfect, just like it's pictured on the model in this jacket's picture.

I highly recommend this jacket but get it in a size smaller than you usually wear if your after the form fitting, slendering effects of this jacket.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the mild coffee drinker but not for those who prefer a strong, bold flavored cup of coffee, December 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm always on the look out for filter systems that will use my own coffee with my Keurig B60, allowing me to have more variety and save money at the same time. So far, I haven't found it. I like my coffee dark, strong and bold in flavor because of this I haven't been able to find the ideal filter system that will provide me with that cup of coffee. To give you an idea of my coffee preference, Green Mountain Coffee, Dark Magic (Extra Bold) K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers, 50-count and San Francisco Bay Coffee Fog Chaser One Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 80-Count are my two favorite coffees right now.

The setup of the Melitta Javajig Reusable Coffee Filter System is simple and easy to use. The filters are easy to install with the prong bezel ring to the coffee basket. Having two filter systems is great so if you need to make a second cup of coffee for someone else, you don't have to worry about the heat from the hot coffee grounds when you empty out the filter from the basket.

While using this filter system, I made sure to use fine coffee grounds but I found the coffee made from this filter system to be weak and watered down in taste even when brewing at the smallest setting, 5.25 oz. I even tried grinding the coffee grounds to super fine grounds to see if more flavor would come through and hopefully a stronger cup of coffee at the 5.25 oz. cup size. The results were a barely medium bodied cup of coffee with so-so flavor. I experimented with several different bold and extra bold coffees and had very nearly the same results all around.

Overall, I'd say the Melitta Javajig Reusable Coffee Filter System is a great setup for those whose prefer a mild cup of coffee. At 7 cents a filter on average and the use of your choice of coffee is great and being BPA-free is a plus. But if you prefer your coffee strong and with bold to extra bold flavor this filter system isn't for you.

Primula Tempo Coffee Press - For Rich, Non-Bitter Coffee - French Press Design - Easy to Use - Makes 6 Cups - Black
Price: $10.99
61 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and easy to clean, December 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've only owned one other coffee press, a Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black which I've enjoyed using for a couple of years now so I'll use it as a comparison point.

This coffee press makes 6 4 oz. cups of coffee, which is about the equivalent to 2 standard American cups of coffee. The large flat knob on top of the plunger feels sturdy, which I like better than the small round ball on the Bodum. I've found this press just as easy to use and clean as the Bodum.

We have used this coffee press nearly every day for the past two weeks and I haven't seen any signs of rust. We have been hand washing it and haven't put in the dishwasher. I don't put the Bodum in the dishwasher either even though it's dishwasher safe too. I feel by hand washing these, it extends the life of them since my dishwater has a high temperature wash cycle which will start to dull plastics.

The glass isn't very thick and has the same thickness as the Bodum. This press is made of borosilicate glass as is the Bodum. According to Primula's website, borosilicate glass is made to withstand extreme temperatures, temperature changes like going from boiling hot water and adding ice, and is used to make European Pyrex dishes.

I couldn't find any information on whether the plastic on the beaker is BPA-free so I'm going to assume that it isn't. The Bodum is BPA-free.

After two weeks of near daily use, I have had no problems with this Primula coffee press. The coffee made with this coffee press is just as great as the Bodum. This coffee press is the perfect size for an individual or two and for the price of 10.00, it's worth it if having a BPA-free products isn't a requirement.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2015 10:31 AM PDT

3M Privacy Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5s/5c Portrait (MPF828786)
3M Privacy Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5s/5c Portrait (MPF828786)
2 used & new from $74.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ensures privacy but at the cost of the iPhone 5's retina display, December 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very excited about this privacy screen protector. I really like the idea of privacy from those around me, especially in meetings, while viewing my iPhone 5. I've been using this screen protector for a couple of weeks and here's what I've found:

Pros:
* This privacy screen protector does what it says:
- Ensures privacy from those sitting to the side of you. I have been in several meetings and have had people ask me what I have on my phone's screen because they couldn't see my screen sitting next me.
- Reduces glare but when in full on sun the screen is still hard to view.
* It will protect the display from minor scratches.
* This was one of the easiest screen protectors I have ever applied to a screen. This is because the screen protector is thicker and more rigid then the typical screen protector.

Cons:
* The screen protector gives the new iPhone 5's retina display a slightly pixelated look. The pixelation is noticeable when I very first applied it but after a couple of weeks of use I don't notice the pixelation anymore.

Neutral:
* The screen protector will darken your display so you will need to adjust the brightness on your iPhone.

My husband likes the way this screen protector looks on my iPhone so we ordered him one for his iPhone too.

If you are wanting a screen protector that will give you privacy, this is the one to get, however if the beautiful retina display is major factor for you then pass on this screen protector because you will be disappointed with slightly pixelated screen.

Jaybird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Headphones - Retail Packaging - Midnight Black
Jaybird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth Headphones - Retail Packaging - Midnight Black
Offered by Daily Drops
Price: $89.75
34 used & new from $34.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design but bluetooth range should be better and have less distortion, November 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have mixed thoughts on the Jaybird JF4MBL Freedom Sprint Bluetooth headphones. I have used these with both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 without any problems on pairing to these headphones.

Pros:
- The small size makes it a great design all round
- Versatile in it's options, 3 earbud cushion sizes and the choice of whether to use the fins, which come in 3 sizes, or over the ear hooks (which I prefer for my small ears)
- Whether you use the fins or the over the ear hooks, the headphones stay in place with vigorous activity.
- Over the ear hooks swivel easily and do not put hard pressure on the back of the ear.
- Controls are easy to reach and maneuver by touch
- Phone calls are clear both ways

Cons:
- The bluetooth range is short, very short. The media device paired to these headphones has to be on your person and not nearby like most quality bluetooth headset allow for.
- If the media device is on your hip area or any other area, and you lean up against something, the transmission is distorted or cutoff from the headphones.
- The sound quality is just average. The Sony Ericsson Hi-Fi Bluetooth Stereo Headset with FM Radio has a much better sound and bluetooth range for a much cheaper price but it's design can't compete with the Jaybird JF4MBL.
- The warning sound that the battery is low starts beeping when you have less than the 5 minutes of battery time left.
- Takes a couple of hours to charge to get a full charge that only last around 4.5 hours.
- The carrying case is cumbersome to use if you have either the fins or the over the ear hooks on the headphones.

I really like the fit of these headphones but because of the bluetooth range, sound quality, easy distortion and short battery life, makes it real hard for me to say that these headphones are justified at it's price, over a hundred dollars, even if the design is excellent and the fit is comfortable. However, for half of that price, these headphones would be a good buy.

Verso Artist Series Cities Red by Sharyn Sowell for Kindle (Red) (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)
Price: $34.99
9 used & new from $31.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Trendy looks and a pleasure hold, November 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Verso Cover has a trendy look with the embossed writing of city names from around the world on the gorgeous red cover. The feel of the cover itself is soft and supple similar to leather.

The fit is very snug, keeping my Kindle Touch in place and it only adds a slightly noticeable weight to it while reading. The edges of the Kindle Touch reach very close to the edge of the cover so the power button is easily pushed. I can also use this cover without removing the Marware SportGrip Silicone Skin Case.

There is an interior pocket on the backside of the front cover, it's purpose is so you will have a place to slid your fingers into to help hold the eReader while reading but I hold my eReader with my right hand while reading so it goes unused by me. It's possible that the interior pocket could be used for very slim items such as a driver's license but I can't think of anything else that could be put into it without worry of putting undo pressure on the eReader's screen.

It's not mentioned here but on the insert that came packaged with this cover, it states this cover will also work for a Sony Reader and a Nook Simple Touch. I have both and can verify that it does indeed work for both of those eReaders in addition to the Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Touch.

Verso Prologue Cover for Kindle, Red (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)
Price: $34.99
10 used & new from $25.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy and fits multiple eReaders, November 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Verso Cover is looks classy and gives the illusion of a real book with it's rustic, worn leather cover, fading stenciling and embossed pattern depressions. The feel of the cover itself is like real worn, supple leather, it feel nice to touch.

The fit is snug, keeping my Kindle Paperwhite in place and it only adds a slightly noticeable weight to it while reading.

I've been happily using this cover on my Kindle Paperwhite for about two weeks. There only two downfalls to this cover that I have found.

The first is while the fit is snug, the placement of the Kindle Paperwhite by the corner elastics makes it a little hard to get to the power button. I find I have to really push my finger against the power button to wake up my Kindle, and I have small fingers. If the placement of the Kindle Paperwhite was closer to the edge of the cover this wouldn't be an issue.

The second is while I read on my Kindle I bend the front-side cover over at the spine to lay against the back-side of the cover. This has caused the cover to sit lopsided when closed.

Sanzia Women's Dallas Pump,Black,6 M US
Sanzia Women's Dallas Pump,Black,6 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Look Great but feels not so great, October 16, 2012
The overall construction of these shoes have a quality feel and look to it. They look expensive. The black is a not so shiny matte black, very sedate. The heel itself feels sturdy and easy to walk on.

I'm a typical size 6M, I can usually wear any shoe marked as a 6M and very rarely have to get a size up or down. I found these shoes to not fit as well as most 6M shoes. These shoes felt tight right below my big toe bone on one of my feet and on both feet, at the area where the leather seem is sewn by the toe of the shoes felt uncomfortable to walk when the feet flex.

Hoping the shoes would loosen up, I've worn these shoes several times now but so far, by the end of the day my feet hurt. This saddens me since these shoes look terrific.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17