Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for cardscraps > Reviews

Browse

cardscraps' Profile

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

cardscraps RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 1)
Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars for a good read, October 18, 2015
I am giving this book 3.5 stars, oh how i wish amazon would put them on!
On the plus side the read is easy, and one I kept going back to so it must have hooked me in as I ended up reading in over a day or so.
The characters are likeable, the woman/child thing was a bit blah, but then I dont like kids so maybe people really feel like that about kids.
The men in the story are a bit unbelievable and the situation of being so rich but suspend reality and enjoy it for what it is. That is what reading is all about for me. Nice fantasy.

Inheritance: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller
Inheritance: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good novel with a difference, October 11, 2015
This novel was different to others I have read and it kept me interested all the way through. It was a good length, being much longer than other books I have read lately, and I like something I can get my teeth into. I liked the premise. The characters were interesting and at times I laughed out loud at the writing. There were some things that I felt disatisfied with after I finished the book. See them below in spoiler alert. I guess I am just a person who likes to have everything resolved at the end of the book, but it is well worth the read.

***SPOILER ALERT***
Some things were left unresolved for me so I have listed them here.
- were the police ever told that her biological father killed the girls?
- if someone killed 2 girls I would assume there would be more over the years. Does someone murder 2 people and possible his wife but this was never explored
- what happened to finding her sister, this was left unresolved
- was the 2nd wife killed?

All Good Deeds (A Lucy Kendall Thriller) (Lucy Kendall #1) (The Lucy Kendall Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit unbelievable, October 8, 2015
Another quick read. It was not too bad. It was a freebie. Quick for me to read. Kept me mostly interested but not something I would remember. The plot was predictable and a bit unbelievable. The whole cop thing, the predictable gorgeous rich boy... I dont think I would read anymore by this author, but never say never.

The Goodbye Storm (Rough Waters Series Book 1)
The Goodbye Storm (Rough Waters Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick read and ok., October 8, 2015
I am giving this one an OK. I didnt pay anything for it. It only took me 2 hours to read. I like my books longer with more substance. But it was a quick read on a windy day.

Foreclosure: A Novel
Foreclosure: A Novel
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too confusing!, October 8, 2015
I am really sorry, I tried hard to read this book. The premise sounded good but the writing was all over the shop. I gave it 2 stars as I thought 1 star was a bit unfair since I didnt complete it. It put me off from the beginning saying how the character didnt have time to do anything since he was working 50 hours per week! OMG! I doubt the author has a real job as most people would think this not a lot of hours. I used to work 75-80hrs in my job. I think lawyers would be around that if not more, so credibility was shot from the start. Then came lots of confusion about what was going on. I got this for free - so happy I didnt have to pay for it or I may have been a tad cranky.

Mania--A Suspense Novel
Mania--A Suspense Novel
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Really? Don't waste your time., February 14, 2015
Unbelievable, like some other reviewers I struggled to get past the first few chapters. The opening lines almost made me put it down immediately. Here they are, paraphrased....

I have to tell you, your brother is a killer.
After noting that Jack's hand was soft and warm, she drew her eyebrows together and said A Killer?

Hilarious, Firstly she took the time to think about how the man's hands felt, and then she must have been puzzled about her brother being a killer. OMG! I should have read the preview bit but I hate doing that as I like to enjoy the whole book from end to end. Lucky I didn't pay for this one.

The Forgotten Girls (Book #1 in The Suburban Murder Series)
The Forgotten Girls (Book #1 in The Suburban Murder Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried hard, but couldn't read any more., January 28, 2015
I read 41% of this book, I just couldn't go any further and here is why.

This is a sentence from page 4 or 5.
"...as Joslyn meandered down the rickey, wooden dock, ..."
Now, my definition of meandering is "to follow a winding and turning course", oh no, wait, that is what the dictionary says!! Maybe the author should look up the big words if they don't know what they mean. Here we have a woman who doesn't like water, is afraid, in the dark and alone on a dock, yet she is meandering!!

At one point Greenvale was spelt incorrectly as Greenvlae.

The detectives on the case are boring, stereo types. The man doesn't speak, just grunts. Oh my! I could predict from the outset that these two would fall for each other. I just didn't stick around to find out. Thank goodness I didn't pay for this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2015 8:11 PM PDT

Saucony Women's Pro Grid STABIL CS2 WIDE Running Shoe,White/Silver/Pink,9 W US
Saucony Women's Pro Grid STABIL CS2 WIDE Running Shoe,White/Silver/Pink,9 W US

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved my pronation issue., January 28, 2015
Perfect for those of us that have excessive inward pronation. My fav pair of running shoes.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, January 28, 2015
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Excellent, as good as, or better than, the movie. Loved it. Watched the movie and came home, purchased the book and read it. The characters are rich and well written, plenty of surprises and angst. Fab book.

Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars If it wasn't for the main character name it would have gotten more stars, January 28, 2015
This review is from: Image Of Deceit (Kindle Edition)
SPOILER ALERT!!
This was an OK book. I skipped the part in the middle that gave the background of Bygie, parents died, left alone young, abusive husband. ho hum. i am so OVER this type of character background, think of something new.

Now for my biggest gripe - the MC name! OMG, What was the author thinking. I am sure that most parents name their children a similar 'type' of name, if you get my drift. In other words, they would not name one child by such a weird name like Bygie and then the sister is called Jane. You couldn't get names that are more polarised. Maybe the author just wanted to use an exotic name but I almost stopped after the first few pages because of the MC name.

Also, the whole detective falls in love with the suspect/heroine is a bit too common as well in novels, particular of this genre. I am sure it would be hard to make this type of relationship last as you meet in extreme circumstances, are naturally thrown together and therefore an attraction forms, that i can understand. The "everything ends happily ever after" just doesn't cut it anymore. It is getting a little tired and so, so predictable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5