Profile for Bluewind55 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bluewind55 RSS Feed

Prepworks from Progressive International CJ-3 Citrus Juicer
Prepworks from Progressive International CJ-3 Citrus Juicer
Price: $9.93
17 used & new from $4.93

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting gadget, May 30, 2014
It's only good for about 1 lemon or 1˝ limes. But it does work, easy to store, and simple to clean. It's a handy item to have around when you need it. Since it's small and don't take up much space, it's not an eye sore or space hog hog for the times when you don't need it.

PaperPro Nano Miniature Stapler, 12 Sheet Capacity, Translucent Green (1811)
PaperPro Nano Miniature Stapler, 12 Sheet Capacity, Translucent Green (1811)
Offered by Office Depot, Inc.
Price: $7.58
17 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars compact handy stapler., May 30, 2014
I had this stapler and a couple of other PaperPro staplers for a couple of years now. Easy to load, powerful, and effortless to use. No more problems with jammed staples or bad stapling. It's small enough to take anywhere. I would highly recommended this product to anyone.

Pro Bakeware Non-Stick Silicon Baking Mat, Large Half Sheet, 16 1/2-Inch x 11 5/8-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and design, May 30, 2014
I've just received this and was quite happy with the product from the get go. The quality is great and the woven fibers will keep this from over flexing and getting worn out. Looks like it would also double as a sturdy place mat in a hurry. The wife loves to bake and the attractive design and practicality of this bake sheet would be sure to please her. No more bake goods getting stuck or burnt at the bottom.

I would recommend this as a gift for anyone who likes to bake.

LG LFX31945 Super Capacity 3-Door French Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door, Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars No Support even under warranty, August 20, 2013
The fridge started having a problem before it was even a month old. Vegetables, drinks, and other foods were freezing up in the fridge compartment away from the vents and ice maker. I placed a request for warranty repair. No response until over a week later and then it was by email. It listed two contacts for LG authorized repair but also stated that I was out of warranty. I had this fridge for less than a month and registered it on their homepage.

Are the LG reps so used to saying out of warranty that they do it automatically without thinking? I checked my registration with LG online and the product registered clearly stated that it was purchased on 07/04/2013. I contacted LG via chat and they confirmed that I should still be under warranty.

The first LG authorized repair service given had a website that stated it was open 7 days a week and had 5of5 Google+ rating. I called and asked for a weekend appointment. They told me they don't do weekends and they only come to my area Tuesday and Fridays. So, I scheduled my appoint for 4pm Tuesday the following week, intending to go to work early and come home early for the appointment. Well, the night before the appoint, they call to tell me the appointment is changed to 1:30pm to 2:30pm instead of 4pm. They had a whole week to let me know but waited until the last minute. I couldn't make that appointment and had to cancel.

I checked the second repair service given by LG. From the reviews online, the repair company given is known for not answering phones, missing appointments, and not giving notice when they don't show up. So, I contacted LG again for a reliable repair service, they give me a contact in TX. I live in VA. I don't think I would even bother calling them either.

So to sum it all up. The product Quality is No Good. The Support is No Good. The Service is No Good. LG's motto "Life's Good" but not to their customers.

Check LG's customer complaints before you gamble with buying any of their appliances.

Bike | Bicycle Dynamo Generator 12V 6W
Bike | Bicycle Dynamo Generator 12V 6W
Offered by BikeWorldUSA
Price: $22.80
4 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3x 12v 4w bike light power source, August 18, 2012
Bought this generator and three of these:
LED MR16 7000K Cool White Spotlight 12V 4W (440 Lumen - 50 Watt Equivalent) 45 Degree Beam angle

Mounted the Generator on the Rear Frame.
Mounted TWO of the 12v 4w LED lights on the Front on the handle bars.
Modified the Rear Reflector and inserted the third 12v 4w LED into it.

Note: The LED lights don't come with any type of mounting hardware.
Use your imagination. Create your own housing or mounting solution for the lights. =)

Note: Marked on the back of the generator are the letters "T" and "H"
H is for Head light, 12v Positive.
T is for Tail light, 3v Positive.
For Ground (-) negative, run a wire from the mounting brackets or the tap screw (none hex) of the generator.
Or you can connect it to your bike frame, but running a direct wire from the generator's mounting brackets or tap screw
is more reliable.

I ran network cable from the generator, along the frame, and to the handle bar of the bike.
(Why? because I had a spare network cable laying around.)
A network cable has 4 pairs of wires.
I connected two pair to the "H" for 12v.
I connected one pair to the "T" for 3v.
The last pair I connected to the screw on the mounting bracket for my ground (-) connection.

With this setup, I still had extra connections available if I want to expand.

Note: These 3 LED lights have peg type terminals, but it does NOT matter where the positive or negative wires connected to.
As long as there is one positive to one terminal and one negative to the other terminal, the LED will come on when power
is generated. No worries about reversing the polarity.

I connected all 3 LED lights in parallel, which allows turning off each light individually if a switch is added to the setup.
All 3 LED lights come on even when riding at low speeds.
While riding at night, the lights provide good visibility in front of the bike.
This setup also makes the bike highly visible by others at night.

I would recommend this product to anyone who likes DIY projects.

Dimmable 12V 4W MR16 LED Bulb - 6000K Daylight White LED Spotlight - 50Watt Equivalent - 330 Lumen 45 Degree Beam Angle
Offered by Torchstar
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3x bike light and Bicycle Dynamo Generator 12V 6W rig, August 18, 2012
Ordered 3 of these for a two headlight and 1 tail light DIY bike light set. Shipping was fast and the lights are awesomely bright for high visibility during night biking. Rigged the 3 lights to run parallel directly off the generator without anything extra except for wiring. Best price found on Amazon for this specific LED light. Highly recommend this seller for quality lights.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2013 4:12 AM PST

Linksys DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (DPC3008-CC)
Linksys DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (DPC3008-CC)
Price: $99.99
19 used & new from $27.87

1.0 out of 5 stars No support from Linksys, Cisco, nor Comcast, May 2, 2012
This modem drops connections and/or get hung up constantly. It gets hung up and reboots itself several times a day. Sometimes I have to manually reset/power cycle the modem to get it back up and running again. You should NOT have to manually reset or power cycle your modem 2-10 times a day, especially a brand new modem. Tried troubleshooting with Comcast and was referred to Linksys Tech Support, who then tried to refer me back to Comcast. After telling them that Comcast referred me to Linksys in the first place, they tell me it is beyond their scope of expertise and referred me to Cisco Tech Support. Cisco Tech flat out said that they couldn't do anything for me or my problem since there is nothing configurable on the modem. I asked if the modem was faulty then wouldn't Cisco have to replace it under their 1 year warranty? The Cisco Tech said there was nothing they can do to help.

This problem with constant disconnects affects a lot of Comcast customers and the only fix seems to be have the firmware flashed back to the Aug 2011 because the Jan 2012 firmware is faulty. Unfortunately, none of the tech support people that I got in touch would was knowledgeable enough to help. Of the two Linksys and Cisco Tech I spoke to, neither was able to even give me the default password for the Modem status page.

The DPC3008 maybe Certified by Comcast but neither Comcast nor any part of Cisco or Linksys will provide support for it.
This modem doesn't have a log page to see what went wrong and there is no interface or even download site for the user to change the firmware.

Also, when the modem is hung up or if the internet status is disconnected, there is no way to reach the modem status page through a browser via the IP address 192.168.100.1.
All the other cables modems I've used before (Scientific Atlanta, Motorola Surfboard, and Linksys CM100) all were reachable even when the internet connection was down. With this one, you can't even check the status and there is no logs to troubleshoot with.

If you're with Comcast, stay away from this modem because the Certified for Comcast label on this modem is meaningless and you'll get no help from the manufacturer.
Comment Comments (23) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 6:07 PM PST

General Tools & Instruments 500 Cordless Power Precision Screwdriver
General Tools & Instruments 500 Cordless Power Precision Screwdriver
Price: $9.98
54 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Time saver for repairing computers and electronics, April 26, 2011
This is a niche tool. It is great for tiny screws on electronics, computer components, or other small devices. This is the tool to use when you can NOT use your power tools on sensitive and fragile electronics or computer components. The first one I got was used to take apart a couple of laptops. It is much faster than unscrewing 20-30 screws by hand. It is not only a time saver, it is also a wrist saver. This is a PRECISION screwdriver, it's not meant for the normal sized screws nor for heavy duty tightening and fastening. I would recommend LOOSENING all screws by hand before using this tool to extend the life of this tool.

My first tool did break suddenly when unscrewing the 3rd screw on a hard drive using a hex shaped bit. The motor would run but the shaft does not turn in reverse or forward. It was out of Amazon's return period but still under the 1 year warranty by General Tools. I did got to the General Tools website to inquire about the repair or replacement of the tool. But their email support REFUSED to acknowledge that they sold this tool on amazon.com and told me to take the tool back to the distributor that I got it from. It was hard to believe that a company would refuse to honor their own 1 year warranty and to refuse to acknowledge their own product even when the listing on their own website and the listing on Amazon.com are the exact products with the exact same specs.

With no other choice, I tried contacting Amazon.com support. Even though the product was out of the item return period, Amazon.com support was willing to replace the faulty item at no cost. I was told that this was a one time thing and I accepted it anyways. I'm just grateful that Amazon.com support are able to offer that kind of support to their customers. The replacement was shipped and arrived within a week. All I have to do was ship back the faulty item within a month and nothing will be charged to my account. Amazon.com support even supplied the shipping label. I'm a very grateful and happy customer.

I would recommend this tool, but highly suggest getting an extended warranty through amazon.com or a squaretrade.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2011 3:37 AM PDT