Profile for S. Kinsey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Kinsey RSS Feed (Richmond, VA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
3M LED Advanced Light Bulb, Warm White, 60-Watt Equivalent, 850-Lumens
3M LED Advanced Light Bulb, Warm White, 60-Watt Equivalent, 850-Lumens
Price: $18.22
17 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars bright and cool!, December 1, 2013
Nice and bright bulb doesn't get hot. I use this in a lamp that is near my head, so it is a big improvement over the 75 watt halogen lamp I was using previously. very bright.

Quicken WillMaker Plus 2012
Quicken WillMaker Plus 2012
Offered by Dear Public LLC
8 used & new from $3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT run in Windows 8, December 1, 2013
Bought this a few months back, finally got around to installing it on my new computer, and it won't run in Win8. Checked the Intuit and NOLO web sites, and they have no advice to offer, other than to buy the 2013 or newer version. Very disappointed.

Muscle Pharm Combat Powder Advanced Time Release Protein, Chocolate Milk, 4-Pound Tub
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: $46.56
17 used & new from $37.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookies & Cream great, Chocolate good, July 24, 2013
Does what it should, keeps you full for hours. The Cookies and Cream flavor is the best protein powder I have tried. The chocolate is pretty good too, though the flavor doesn't mask the protein powder as well as the C&C, which tastes like a milkshake (when made with milk). Neither one mixes particularly well by hand (spoon/electric mixer), but both go into suspension well if you use a blender. For the chocolate, I add a bit of peanut butter to improve the flavor.

The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True
The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True
by Richard Dawkins
Price: $10.31
95 used & new from $5.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of paperback, June 29, 2013
I bought a hardbound version and loved it (well written and approachable). Last week, I gave this paperback version as a gift and was disappointed to hear that the paperback lacks the beautiful color illustrations that brought the original to life. Apparently the paperback version has a few b&w sketches, but that's it. I will now order a used hardback to send as a follow-up gift.

Fermax Yeast Nutrient - 4 oz.
Fermax Yeast Nutrient - 4 oz.
Offered by Home Brew Ohio
Price: $6.67
4 used & new from $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Shipped in an unlabeled bag, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Fermax Yeast Nutrient - 4 oz.
I hope that I received what I bought. The page here has a photo of a jar, which is what I expected. Instead, I received an unlabeled plastic bag of sandy powder. I poured it int oa jar that had at home, but it's a bummer that it doens't match the description, but scary that it's unlabeled. I hope it's yeast nutrient and not something else. Buyer beware.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 12:18 PM PST

H Potter Barrel Roof Wardian Case Terrarium
H Potter Barrel Roof Wardian Case Terrarium
Offered by H. Potter
Price: $84.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Top is made of plastic, August 13, 2012
I bought this as a gift and was disappointed to hear that the top was made out of plastic, not glass. The person still liked the item, but said that the top looked like it was glass, until you licked it up. So, I guess I'm happy with it, overall, though I would not have purchased it if I had known it was plastic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2012 2:48 PM PDT

SEOH Glassine Weighing Paper 3X3 500Pk
SEOH Glassine Weighing Paper 3X3 500Pk
Offered by Scientific Equipment of Houston
Price: $15.67
3 used & new from $11.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, low retention weigh paper, April 15, 2012
These are a great size. I tear them into 4 smaller pieces for weighing small amounts, but the great thing is that nothing seems to stick to them, unlike spastic weigh boats, which typically have static electricity issues.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as described, great price, April 15, 2012
I read the reviews for this before buying and wanted to leave my own as the newest review was for a year ago.

This is a 10-pack of Brita filters, for a pitcher. They fluctuate a bit in price, but the deal here (I paid $47) is decent. You may be able to find them elsewhere for cheaper, though the warehouse stores do not consistently carry these filters, so it's up to you whether you want to shop around to find them for <$5 each. I ordered these and they got to my house <24h later, which I prefer to driving around town. The deal seems solid.

The second point I wanted to address was whether these are "old filters". They are new, unopened, in the org packaging, etc. I don't know that carbon filters even expire, but these look new and work just fine. The water tastes better after being filtered.

Finally, some reviews mention that, although the listing is for a 10-pack, it's really just two 5-packs. This is half true. The filters arrived in a big box that looked just like the picture above. When I opened the box, it contained two smaller boxes of five, like you would find at the store. I thought "oh cool, these will be easier to store in my basement than a big box." Each filter is individually wrapped, so I don't see what the big deal is. That said, if you have trouble with 2 x 5 = 10, then these are not for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 8:08 PM PDT

The Big Lebowski - TIME - Man of the Year Mirror
The Big Lebowski - TIME - Man of the Year Mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, January 16, 2012
bought this for a friend who likes the movie. Instant laughs and a bunch of people wanted to take pictures with it. I think he's going to hang it up in his bathroom.

Sharp SPC106X LED Alarm Clock (Black)
Sharp SPC106X LED Alarm Clock (Black)
Price: $12.97
2 used & new from $12.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Too bright!, January 16, 2012
As others have written here, it is difficult to describe how bright this display is. It keeps me up at night, so I have to face the clock downward on the table. The upside is that I can use the light as a flashlight at night. I wish I was kidding. There is no dimmer switch, so I am now looking for some tinted film to put over it. Otherwise, it's going to the donation pile.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3