Profile for Timothy B. Riley > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 20160

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy B. Riley RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Braun Ear Thermometer
Braun Ear Thermometer
Price: $49.14
12 used & new from $44.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick and easy way to stay informed about your health, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a man in his late fifties I keep discovering that things which I used to take for granted, health wise, can no longer be assumed that it is as it should be. I have gathered a decent arsenal of gadgets and tools to monitor my blood pressure, weight, body fat, and other vital readings. I just didn't have a thermometer since I seldom have fevers. When I got a chance to receive this item I wondered if I would use it very often. I still don't have an answer to that question but I am glad to have this in my cabinet.

I was surprised at how well built this thermometer is for this price. It is easy to use and seems very accurate when compared to a conventional, stick thermometer. It should also come in handy when my granddaughters some to visit.

PetSafe Train N Praise Potty Training Dog System
PetSafe Train N Praise Potty Training Dog System
Price: $88.04
6 used & new from $88.04

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple concept and a flawless design and execution, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like to work with my dogs and had no problem training them to use pee-pads. However, I am now staying with a fiend who has two small dogs (a Chihuahua and a Min-Pin) and the Chihuahua pees wherever he feels like peeing. I thought that this system might help to get him to go just on the pad.

Setting the PetSafe up was not too difficult. I secured the dispenser to the wall so that it could not be bumped by playful puppies or clumsy humans. Once set up I poured some water on the pad and both the affirmation and the treat were dispensed promptly.

Once in place it only took less than a day to start to see results. The Min Pin was already pad-train but she appreciates the reward. The Chihuahua has had a lot less desire to pee in random places but is not fully compliant with the new system. The funny thing is, when he pees somewhere other than on the pad he still goes to the dispenser and looks for his treat! All in all this is a really nice product that I could have used years ago.

Fisher-Price Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Wobble Bobble Choo Choo
Fisher-Price Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Wobble Bobble Choo Choo
Price: $29.99
10 used & new from $29.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy for toddlers but it is kind of loud, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like to get some small toys in my stores for children to play with when we are trying to work with their parents. I thought that this seems heavy-duty as well as being attractive to the young ones. I was right on both counts. The kiddies are drawn to it and sit down and play contently for quite a while (given their short attention spans). So far it has held up well even thought I have to make sure that Mickey and Pluto don't jump into a two year olds pocket on their way out of the store.

My only complaint is that it is a fairly loud toy and the sounds can interfere with adults trying to conduct business. Other than that is seems to be a winner.

Neat-Oh Nici Wonderland Doll Miniclara 30cm Dangling Plush with Handbag
Neat-Oh Nici Wonderland Doll Miniclara 30cm Dangling Plush with Handbag
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very cute toy that my granddaughter LOVES, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have two granddaughters so I try to keep a collection of toys, doll, and puzzles for them to play with. Sometimes I buy something that, for whatever reason, they just don't like. This one was a real hit with the 4 years old. The doll is fairly big and as cute as can be. It seems well made and is easy to clean. My granddaughters give it two thumbs up!

Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing - My Little Snugapuppy
Fisher Price Cradle 'n Swing - My Little Snugapuppy
Offered by Right Start
Price: $139.99
9 used & new from $127.42

4.0 out of 5 stars A really fancy swing that could be more stable, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very impressed with the features of this swing. The choice of music can keep parents from going crazy from hearing the same song over and over. The spinning toys and the mirror should keep little ones occupied.

The swing's movement are very impressive, slow, but impressive that you can change between back and forth to side to side. My only concern, and it is a significant one, it that it doesn't seem very sturdy. I am sure that people would pay more for a sturdier support system. Other than that I am very impressed, especially for the money.

Beneful IncrediBites Dog Food, 7-Pound
Beneful IncrediBites Dog Food, 7-Pound
2 used & new from $41.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Another "corny" blend of dog food, August 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know why I keep trying Beneful dog food when I always end up thinking that I should have tried something else. Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the name brand, either way I should know better, even when it's a free sample.

The dogs (a Yorkie and a Blue Heeler) will eat it but they are not crazy about it. When I look at the ingredients it is mostly corn and other grains with some suspicious "meat by-products". Why should a dog food have over 20 ingredients? Dog food is such a difficult thing to buy since we can't taste it ourselves and going by whether the dogs eat it or not is really an indicator since they will eat a lot of things that are not good for them. I will spend more and get a brand that at least looks it has the pet's health in mind. This dog food does not give me that confidence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2014 11:01 AM PDT

Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Premium Food, 15-Pound
Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Premium Food, 15-Pound
Price: $17.97
6 used & new from $10.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Good food for small dogs but I wonder about some of the ingredients, August 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought that this would be a good food for some puppies that I have been watching for a friend. They seem to like it but I wonder about how much grain and vegetables are in this mix. I not too sure why a dog food would need 15-20 different things in it. Still, this is reasonably priced and has a good brand name.

Bosch GLM 15 Compact Laser Measure, 50-Feet
Bosch GLM 15 Compact Laser Measure, 50-Feet
Price: $49.97
8 used & new from $49.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A great basic laser measure, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the Bosch GLM 50 and like it a lot although there are times that I just need a simple laser device without all of the other fancy features. This is a unit that I can keep with me all of the time since it is smaller and fits in my tool box without displacing any of my other gadgets. It is very basic but does what I need it to. It is simple, straightforward and easy to use. I wish that it was a little cheaper but it is still worth the price.

Moen S6705 90-Degree One-Handle Low Arc Bathroom Faucet, Chrome
Moen S6705 90-Degree One-Handle Low Arc Bathroom Faucet, Chrome
Price: $337.91
7 used & new from $337.91

4.0 out of 5 stars A very, very stylish faucet that could be just a little bigger, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several nice faucets in my home but I always wanted one like this. It is so modern looking yet something about it seems almost classic. The gentle, broad flow of water is not only beautiful but it has a style all it's own. So when I got a chance to try this faucet out I was happy replace one of my other faucets with this one.

I don't do tools so I had someone replace my old one and install this one. He was done in 15 minutes. I already had a sink with one hole so there was on need for me to order the broader plate that would cover the other two holes. I LOVED the way that it looked. It is perfect for a simple, modern looking sink. It's make me want to buy a new one. At first it surprised me by it's low water pressure. However, it slowed me down a little so that I spend more time washing my hands.

My only complaint, and it is a major one, is that it is too short for my big hands. I can't find enough space between the faucet and the handle. I will have to live with it as I love the looks of the Moen and plan on keeping it.

Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride - On Bike, White/Blue
Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride - On Bike, White/Blue
Price: $80.00
8 used & new from $69.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun little bike that the grand kids love, August 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I know that there seems to be some confusion as to what age this ride is for. I have a three year old granddaughter and it was a good fit for her. She has a hard time turning it so she just uses it in straight lines for the most part. It seems to work well inside the house as well as the outside. She is great at zooming down the sidewalk. I like that it is stable and well-built. Of course it was a breeze to assemble and it looks like she can can at least a year or two of use out of it before she outgrows it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20