Profile for Timothy B. Riley > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy B. Riley RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Beatrix Girls Brayden 12" Fashion Doll
The Beatrix Girls Brayden 12" Fashion Doll
Price: $14.97
11 used & new from $14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars A very cute doll for my granddaughters, December 19, 2014
Thanks to Amazon I have a large toy box filled with dolls and other things that I am sure that the grandchildren will love when they come to visit. Although this doll seemed a little strange to me at first I have been assured that this style of toy is very popular and will be well received by my 3 and 6 year old granddaughters. The toy looks to be well made and the articulation of the limbs is better than many dolls that cost twice as much.

I received another doll in this series through the Amazon Vine program and bought this one to keep it company. Hopefully it will keep the girls from fighting over who gets to play with the Beatrix Girl. I will update this review when I find out how that react to this cute toy.

The Beatrix Girls Lark 12" Fashion Doll
The Beatrix Girls Lark 12" Fashion Doll
Price: $14.97
16 used & new from $8.46

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute doll that I am certain that the grandchildren will love, December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Thanks to the Amazon Vine program I have a large toy box filled with dolls and other things that I am sure that the grandchildren will love when they come to visit. Although this doll seemed a little strange to me at first I have been assured that this style of toy is very popular and will be well received by my 3 and 6 year old granddaughters. The toy looks to be well made and the articulation of the limbs is better than many dolls that cost twice as much.

I purchased another doll in this series to keep company with this one and I hope that it will keep the girls from fighting over who gets to play with the Beatrix Girl. I will update this review when I find out how that react to this cute toy.

Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Heart Halo Stud Earrings
Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Heart Halo Stud Earrings
Price: $25.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive little earrings for the price, December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not a big fan of real diamonds as I think that their cost has been purposefully inflated by large conglomerates. Cubic Zirconia (or "CZ") is an excellent alternative to real diamonds when done well. These earrings are attractive, well made and very, very affordable. If they were made of even mediocre quality diamonds that would cost at least several hundreds of dollars more.

The box that comes with this set is pretty poor so if you plan to give them as a gift think about spending the extra money and getting a proper gift box to put these puppies in. I do believe in ALWAYS being honest when giving a present to someone and I would never try to pass these off as the real thing. For what they are they look great and are certainly worth the cost even when you add in the price of a decent box.

Jesus Is the Question: The 307 Questions Jesus Asked and the 3 He Answered
Jesus Is the Question: The 307 Questions Jesus Asked and the 3 He Answered
by Martin B. Copenhaver
Price: $12.17
46 used & new from $8.94

3.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping for a more scholarly approach, but it was okay for what it was, December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not a Christian but I am a student of the New Testament and when I saw this book I was hoping that it would give me some insight into Jesus' style of teaching. Well... the book kind of did that but it was more like a pastor's approach to teaching instead of a seminary professor's. The subject, that Jesus asked far more questions than he answered, was covered but I had to wade through a lot of personal stories and analogies in order to get what I was looking for. To be honest, I would not read anything from this author again, however, your mileage may vary.

Koverz - #1 Neoprene Water Bottle Insulator - Carbon Fiber
Koverz - #1 Neoprene Water Bottle Insulator - Carbon Fiber
Offered by LadyEdison & Co. Insulating Products
Price: $11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know about the "carbon fiber" part but it does the job, December 18, 2014
I own two ZERO MASS Water Bottles and have been using their Insulator Sleeve on both of them but they seem to wear out after several months. The bottom of one started to tear from contact with hard surface (table tops) and they both seem to absorb a lot of liquid if they get wet. I was looking for something better and I think that I found it here.

The texture and feel of the Koverz does not remind me of carbon fiber but it does seem to perform better than my other insulators. It doesn't seem to suck in liquid as much and looks like it should last longer. I will update this review as I learn whether that is true or not.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2014 4:12 AM PST

BBQ Butler Premium Heat & Flame Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)
BBQ Butler Premium Heat & Flame Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)

5.0 out of 5 stars They work great for me, just don't get them wet, December 17, 2014
I do a fair amount of grilling but I spend most of my cooking time in the kitchen. Although these gloves are great for BBQ I have found them to be indispensable in the kitchen.

I often cook with cast iron cookware and when I don't I am usually using my high-end cooper pots and pans that also have cast iron handles and they do get hot. Since my cookware is oven-friendly I often use then to bake or broil foods and, every now and then, I instinctively grab the handle and give myself quite the burn.

I have now taken to wearing at least one of these gloves when I and working with cast iron. It has made my life so less painful and it is much easier to work with rather than using kitchen towels or regular oven mitts. The only caveat is that you cannot get this glove wet, just like any other insulator. The heat will go right through the moisture and you will get burned. I really like these and use them often.

I was given a sample of the product for reviewing purposes.

Teeny Tiny Bible
Teeny Tiny Bible
by Zonderkidz
Price: $1.39
28 used & new from $0.25

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice novelty item, December 12, 2014
This review is from: Teeny Tiny Bible (Paperback)
I was pleased with the quality of this paperback book when you consider the price. However, it should be stressed that this is a novelty, not something that any reasonable person would buy to read. If you believe in the Bible and want to know that you always have one with you, this could be something that you might want to have. It could make a nice gift for Sunday school age children. Just don't try to read it. It will hurt you.

Adjustable Vented Laptop Table (black)
Adjustable Vented Laptop Table (black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be sturdier but it works, December 11, 2014
I bought this for a friend of mine who likes to stand at her desk while working on her computer. She is 5'7" and when it is sitting on her desk the table, when set to it's tallest extension, is perfect for her. She likes the side table where she can put her digital drawing tablet thingy on. The only problem that she has with it is that it shakes when she types on her laptop. She lessened the problem by adding a weighted bar at the bottom to improve the stability. All in all, at this price point who can complain?

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Stainless Steel Soap, 1.97 oz.
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Stainless Steel Soap, 1.97 oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does an excellent job of removing certain odors from your hands, December 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been aware of the fact that stainless steel will remove onion, garlic, and fish smells from a person's hand for many years. Although this Stainless "soap bar" is cute and convenient, the same thing can be accomplished by rubbing your hands on a stainless steel faucet while the water is running. The sulfur transferred to your hands by touching garlic or onions will adhere to the stainless steel metal.

When I shell and devein shrimp my hands always smell like a bait bucket. This little "soap" takes care of the problem in a hurry. Amazing!

Freshware KT-406 7-in-1 Onion, Vegetable, Fruit and Cheese Chopper with Mandoline Slicer and Storage Lid
Price: $20.68
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a value, December 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I should start off by saying that I have owned a Bron Stainless Steel Mandoline for many years and consider it own of my prized possessions. However, I am always on the lookout for inexpensive alternatives that I can give as gifts. When I got the chance to try this out I was very interested.

I was really surprised by all of the accessories that came with this product at this price. Graters, slicers, choppers, and a lid for the container. Quite the deal. I would recommend forgetting about the blades for chopping onions and such. It is just as easy to cut them with a knife and doubt that they hold up very well. It's the mandoline accessories that really make this a great item. Adjusting the thickness of the slices couldn't be easier. By turning a dial you can vary the thickness from 1 to 5mm. I like that I can fill up the containers with slices of cucumbers, for instance, and then slap the lid over it and stick it in the fridge until I need it. The graters and matchstick slicing attachments work quite well also.

My all metal Bron mandoline in one of those multi-generational products will last beyond my lifetime, yet at 8 times the cost of this product one should hope so. This would be a great gift for newlyweds or for someone who likes to cook but is on a budget. I think that it is a great value and I will be buying at least one as a Christmas present.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20