Profile for Timothy B. Riley > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy B. Riley RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BACtrack Trace Professional Breathalyzer Portable Breath Alcohol Tester
BACtrack Trace Professional Breathalyzer Portable Breath Alcohol Tester
Offered by BACtrack
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A really helpful product for those that enjoy a drink or three, March 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never had a DWI and intend to keep it that way. I do not binge drink but I do enjoy hitting a bar every now and then with friends. Also, many business get-togethers involve some sort of alcohol consumption. I am a big guy and tend to hold my alcohol well but I always worry what my BAC is before I get into my car. Three drinks in two or three hours can put some people over the legal limit even though they don't feel impaired. I am all for keeping drunks off of the road and a device like this could help do that.

The BACtrack Trace is well designed and easy to use. Here are the main features:

* It runs on two included AAA batteries and has a power indicator light on the display.

* The LEDs are bright and easy to see in any light.

* Both the intake and the ports are lit with LEDs so that you can see them in the dark.

* When you turn on the unit it counts down the seconds until it is ready.

* You blow through the included mouthpiece which fits into the left port.

* There is a long tone that indicates that you should keep blowing and a short beep that says that you can stop.

* After a few seconds your results are displayed.

There is also memory feature but I can't really see a use for it. I must say that the instruction book is extremely well written and contains several pages about the general effect of alcohol as well as a chart that shows how specific BAC levels correspond to various degrees of impairment.

The breath tester seems accurate to me but I am just looking for a ballpark number. If I get to close to the legal limit I am going to wait until it drops before I drive. Fortunately that hasn't been a problem. One thing that I don't like is that you have to wait 20 before testing with no more drinking, smoking or eating. I guess that there is no way around this and that all testers are like that, it just seems impracticable in social situations. The other downside is that the unit must be sent in every 6 months to a year for re-calibration.

I am at the age were I am not much of a party guy but I work with a lot of younger people who like to have fun on the weekends and I sometimes join them. I could see letting them use it (the BAC comes with 10 mouthpieces) before leaving a bar. Who knows, it could not only save someone from getting a DWI, it may also save lives.

weBoost Drive 4G-M Cell Phone Booster Kit
weBoost Drive 4G-M Cell Phone Booster Kit
Price: $429.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great once I got it set up, February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been traveling around by car quite a bit lately and hate getting dropped calls. I bought a cheaper booster and it didn't really help me at that much. When I got a chance to try this one I was intrigued.

I must say that I was surprised at the cost of this booster. At close to $400 it seemed really expensive but when I browsed the category here on Amazon it seems to be in line with other quality 4G auto kits.

Setting it up required me to install both an internal and an external antenna; place the booster under the front seat; and then connect it to the cigarette lighter outlet. That involved more wires running through my car than I had expected. However, when I started to use I was really impressed.

There are a couple of spots in the Texas Hill Country where I usually lose my phone signal. The weBoost really helped my to keep a medium strength connection. It wasn't perfect but that was more a matter of the hilly terrain. Driving through the plains and bluffs of West Texas has also been a problem area for me. Since the cell towers have more of a straight line-of-sight all that was needed was to increase the signal in certain places and that it did well.

I am very pleased with this booster and will recommending it to my traveling friends and family.

SanDisk Ultra 32GB UHI-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card Up to 48MB/s With Adapter- SDSDQUAN-032G-G4A [Newest Version]
Price: $16.99
73 used & new from $11.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Does an excellent job for what I needed it for, February 23, 2015
I have purchased several of these and they work great for me. I use one for my tablet and another for my car dashboard camera. I use them with the SD adapter in my digital video camera. I may not be a "power user" but they work really well for me and are a wonderful value.

Learn about Fractions, Decimals & Percentages Laminated Poster (17 x 24ins)
Learn about Fractions, Decimals & Percentages Laminated Poster (17 x 24ins)
Offered by Be-Active USA
Price: $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very helpful tool for teaching, especially when working with children who are dyslexic, February 19, 2015
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I grew up with dyslexia in a time where it was not understood or even recognized. It made spelling, reading, and understanding mathematics very difficult for me. I was not diagnosed until I was an adult and it was only then I understood why it was that I learned things differently than many others did.

I have a close friend who teaches a dyslexic class at a local grade school and she had this on her Amazon wish-list. When I looked at this poster I could see why she wanted it. Some people find it easier to learn when they see pictures and graphs. This poster makes it much easier those of us who learn visually to understand the relationships between fractions, decimals and percentages. It might seem like this correlation should be easily understood by most 4-5th graders but for some of us it takes a tool this to make it all click.

I can't say that her students loved it (I always avoided anything to do with math when I was in grade school) but they did find it helpful, especially since they have an upcoming state test that include this material. It would be nice if this poster was a little cheaper but it is certainly worth the price, especially when you are dealing with those that learn visually rather than by something that is just written.

Cuisinart CNSG-120 All Foods Grill Griddle
Cuisinart CNSG-120 All Foods Grill Griddle
Price: $33.49
8 used & new from $23.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for camping, just so-so for home use, February 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love using a griddle at home, especially for cooking breakfast. I have a commercial type griddle that I use at home and it works great for a lot of cooking tasks. This griddle may be small but it is perfect fit for my portable gas grill. This griddle is great for camping when I want to fry up some bacon or cook some eggs. It is lighter and easier to pack than a cast iron skillet so it makes for a great portable cooking surface. As far as using it at home I would suggest some larger and with thicker steel.

Anchovy Paste with Nyons Olives Anchoiade aux Olives 3.2 oz
Anchovy Paste with Nyons Olives Anchoiade aux Olives 3.2 oz
Offered by Touch of Europe
Price: $12.96

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the taste of anchovies this could be for you, February 16, 2015
I eat a lot of antipasto and other appetizers, small little portions of tasty treats. One of my favorite is quite simple; a black olive tapenade spread on slices of toasted baguette. They usually contain black olives, capers, olive oil and anchovies. I was excited when I found this product since I am a big fan of anchovies. This spread starts with anchovies as the dominant flavor with black olives being more in the background. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but I am a big fan and will be buying more.

Mystical Fire Campfire Fireplace Colorant Packets 12 Pack
Mystical Fire Campfire Fireplace Colorant Packets 12 Pack
Offered by NJ WHOLESALER
Price: $9.10
17 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I almost can't sit by a regular fire anymore, February 16, 2015
I love these things so much that a regular fire just doesn't quite do it for me anymore. During the mild part of our weather season here in south/central Texas I enjoy sitting outside in the evening by a fire pit, burning mesquite and just enjoying looking at the flames and smoking a nice cigar. Mystical Fire packets are easy and fairly clean to use. Since I make a small fire (it is just for me, after all) all I need is one packet per hour and I am treated with gorgeous flames. I like the blue and green fire colors the best but there is also orange, purple and reddish flames. I should mention that the content of the packets can leave residue in the bottom of the pit that needs to be cleaned out occasionally. I have purchased dozens of these in the past and will be buying more.

Seek UW-AAA Thermal Imaging Camera USB Connector for Android Devices, Black
Seek UW-AAA Thermal Imaging Camera USB Connector for Android Devices, Black
Price: $249.00
7 used & new from $216.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a good basic job at a reasonable price, February 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have some retail properties that I have been trying to convince the landlord to improve the insulation around the doors and windows. Of course he is resistant to spend any money and was difficult to persuade. Hooking this up to my tablet and showing him the heat loss did the trick.

The images are not very sharp but they are good for viewing, just not for printing. Considering the price difference between this device and the most commonly used models is huge. All in all a great value.

T.S. Shure Daisy Girls Horse Pals Wooden Magnetic Dress-Up Set
T.S. Shure Daisy Girls Horse Pals Wooden Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What little girl doesn't like horses?, February 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well... maybe some don't but I have never met one. I have three daughters and two granddaughters and they have all loved ponies and horses. This little set is for when my granddaughters come to visit. The toy is well built as well as well thought out. I think that the girls will really like it and for something that doesn't need batteries that is saying something. I will update this review once they have a chance to play with it.

3.2" Ceramic Folding Paring Knives/ Pocket Knives/ Fruit Knives (Yellow)
3.2" Ceramic Folding Paring Knives/ Pocket Knives/ Fruit Knives (Yellow)
Offered by HOME ROYAL
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great item to have in your picnic basket, February 14, 2015
I really like ceramic knives and have several of them. You have to be somewhat careful with them as they are more fragile than their steel counterparts.

This is not a utility knife or a work knife. It is an extremely sharp food knife that can be folded for safe transport. I love to have picnics and I can see using this in a picnic basket for cutting fruit and softer cheeses. Ceramic blades are easy to clean and stay sharp for a long time. My only complaint about this knife is that the blade does not lock but it is safe if used for it's intended purposes.

I received a sample in exchange for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20