ARRAY(0xa5c0eac8)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy B. Riley RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Regency Spice Bags for Bouquet Garnis with Drawstring Tops, set of 4
Regency Spice Bags for Bouquet Garnis with Drawstring Tops, set of 4
Price: $2.99
14 used & new from $2.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little bags that works better with spices than herbs, April 21, 2014
I like these bags but they are a little small for a good sized bouquet garni. However, when I cook with certain spices that I plan on removing before I serve the dish, these work great. These are the perfect size for whole spices such as pepper corns, cloves, cardamon seeds, and allspice. I have chosen not to reuse them and I am okay with the cost for a single-use bag.

Schwetty Balls
Schwetty Balls
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $6.21
4 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I fun gag gift that actually can be used, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Schwetty Balls (Misc.)
One of my favorite SNL skits is the one with Alex Baldwin and his "Schwetty balls." I now work with some young people and when I made a reference to the skit they didn't know what I was talking about. Can you believe that? I quickly looked it on-line and showed it to them, much to their delight.

One of them is a golfer so I purchased these balls for him as a joke. He got a big kick out of them and later told me that they were actually pretty good on the greens.

Unputtaball Golf Ball
Unputtaball Golf Ball
Offered by We got It All
Price: $5.39
8 used & new from $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars They work but you have to clever with them or people will catch on quickly, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Unputtaball Golf Ball (Toy)
I recently got a high tech putter and my co-workers wanted to try it out. I bought this ball because I thought that I would give us a few laughs.

You must be careful when you place the ball on the putting green or it will wobble around, giving away it's secret. Other than that, it was fun to use. People knew that it was a trick ball the moment that they hit it and it makes a U-turn after a few feet. Lots of fun.

PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
PetSafe Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
Price: $37.49
118 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with certain dogs, April 19, 2014
It always surprises me when a product like this gets such a wide range of ratings. Many people love this item while others say something like, "This is junk. Do not buy!" The reality is that obviously this device works with some dogs and not others. For me it works great with one dog and just okay with the other

I have two small dogs, a small Yorkie and a miniature Blue Heeler. They are both usually well behaved but they do like to bark at people who walk by our backyard. Since we live on a busy street we get a lot of folks walking by with their own dogs and when my dogs bark at them it really gets old for me and I am sure that the neighbors are not crazy about it either.

Let me start by saying that this is a really clever design. The birdhouse motif helps it to fit in perfectly in most backyards. I hung it on the wood fence that parallels the street. As soon as I hung it up I noticed a difference. Bella, the Yorkie, was afraid of it at first and she stopped barking right away and avoided the area where the PetSafe was installed. Bleu, the Blue Heeler, was not afraid but she stopped barking at those walking by and instead just made a low growl.

One thing that I learned is that I need to turn it off when I am working in the backyard, especially when I am mowing. It just sets off the device for no good reason and bothers the dogs unnecessarily.

As the weeks went by Bella became more tolerant of the sound that the device makes and she will bark at people on occasion. I lowered the birdhouse a little and it was more effective with her. Bleu, who used to be the biggest barker in the house, still stays silent when she is in the backyard. What a difference! I am so happy with the change in the dog's behavior and will tell my friends about my experience with this product.

Srixon Men's Q-Star Golf Balls (1-Dozen), Pure White
Srixon Men's Q-Star Golf Balls (1-Dozen), Pure White
Price: $22.47
19 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great all around ball for the average player, April 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was curious about these balls as they are so reasonably priced but seem to have great specs. When I received them through the Vine program I had some friends try them out at the same time that I did. The general opinion was that this is a great choice for the casual player. I didn't notice any difference in the distance of my drive but some in our group did. Again, a decent ball at a decent price.

Cleveland Golf Men's Smart Square Heel Shafted Mallet Putter, Black, Right Hand, 35-Inch
Price: $107.53
11 used & new from $97.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice putter but be ready for a long learning curve, April 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have wanting to try one of the new types of putters that I have seen being used. I have to say that I do like it but it took me a lot of practice before I became comfortable with it.

The weight of the head is very different but I have learned to like it. However, the head is offset and takes a lot of time to get used to it. I like the two square on the top if putter but I am not crazy about the grip. It doesn't seem as well thought out as the rest of putter. All in all I like it and will keep practicing with it and hopefully my putting with improve some.

Belkin QODE Portable Bluetooth Keyboard Case for the All New Kindle Fire HD 7" & HDX 7" (fits both devices)
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $68.90

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but I had problems with it, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I own an iPad as well as a 7" Kindle HDX. I have a keyboard for my iPad that is similar to this one and I use it often. However, this keyboard is just too small for me to touch-type on (I have to admit that I wear extra glove gloves so this might be better for someone with smaller hands). I think that if I were a hunt-and-peck kind of guy this might be more usable, but it is difficult for me.

My other issue with the keyboard case is that it does not hold the Kindle at an angle that I am comfortable with. I have no problem with charging the keyboard as I have a plug-in charger that works just find with it. I don't think this I will be useful to me as I had hoped but I will keep it in my bag for the few times that I want to type a larger document with my small Kindle Fire.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 12:31 AM PDT

Ipevo IPEVO AT-ST Articulating Video Stand for iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/5c and iPod Touch 4/5 - Black (MESX-09IP)
Offered by IPEVO INC.
Price: $69.00
2 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really cool product that more people should use, April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use a digital SLR most of the time but I also use a smart phone if I want a quick photo of something to email to someone. I am a big believer in using tripods whenever possible. However, using a tripod is difficult to do with a phone but this device is PERFECT for photographing a small item, such as a watch, a ring, a document, etc.

The base is surprisingly heavy and it allows the user to extend the smart phone far away from it. This allows the user to get the perfect angle for small object photography. I loaned this to a friend who owns a small jewelry store. She liked it so much that I had a hard time getting it back from her. When I finally did she went right to Amazon and bought one for herself. This is a very well designed product and well worth the cost.

Imagine This Wood Breed Four Paws Sign, Yorkie
Imagine This Wood Breed Four Paws Sign, Yorkie
Price: $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars An adorable little sign that gets extra points for looking just like my dog, April 14, 2014
Even though I have six two-legged children, they are all grown and have their own homes. I now have a little blue Heeler and a five year old, VERY spoiled Yorkie. Even though I usually try to keep Bella's face hair a little more trimmed than the dog on the sign, they look IDENTICAL!

The sign is well made and bigger than I pictured it. It makes for a nice little accent in the kitchen or above the dogs bed. Great little product.

Hear Doggy 58519 Flattie Brown Beaver Ultrasonic Silent Squeak Dog Toy
Hear Doggy 58519 Flattie Brown Beaver Ultrasonic Silent Squeak Dog Toy
Price: $8.70
23 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it and the dogs love it too!, April 14, 2014
Like most dogs my two little guys LOVE plush toys, especially when they have a squeaky in them. However, my dog Bleu will just sit on my couch or bed SQUEAKING the thing over and over. It kind of drives me nuts. When I saw this item I decided to give it a try.

When I squeak the bulb inside of the toy all I hear is the sound of air escaping from it. However, it must sound very different to the dogs because they go nuts when they hear it.

The toys is the right size for my two little dogs (6 and 25 lbs.). They have played with it for a few weeks and they haven't killed it yet. We love to play fetch with it and sometimes one dog grabs a leg and the other dog grabs one too and they have a tug-of-war contest with it. I am very happy with this dog toy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20