Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Timothy B. Riley > Reviews

Browse

Timothy B. Riley's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1158
Top Reviewer Ranking: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy B. Riley RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PPZ Women's Slimming Sportswear Pants Leggings M #76572 (Black)
PPZ Women's Slimming Sportswear Pants Leggings M #76572 (Black)
Offered by PPZ INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Price: $46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very soft and they fit perfectly, January 9, 2016
I got these for my close friend and neighbor who loves to wear yoga-style pants. She was kind enough to agree to evaluate these for me.

First let me say that she loved them! She wears a Medium and said that the fit was perfect. She also said that the seams are not noticeable as they are in cheaper brands. They have a very soft feel, pleasant to the touch and are very comfortable next to the skin. They are, for the most part, opaque. When you bend your knees you might be able to see through them just a little but only at a very close distance.

One thing that my friend said that was above my head (since I am a guy and don't know about such things) is that she thinks of these more as "leggings" as rather than traditional yoga pants. It is a distinction that I don't particularly understand but her friends agreed with her. This is not a negative but something that might be helpful when choosing this product. She has worn them several times since receiving them and is very happy with them.

I received a free sample from the distributor for reviewing purposes.

Barbie Splish Splash Pup Playset
Barbie Splish Splash Pup Playset
Offered by ShoppingMade2Easy
Price: $18.84
26 used & new from $13.22

5.0 out of 5 stars This dog can really shake!, January 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my granddaughters to play with when they visit. They LOVED this Barbie, especially the dog. When it shakes off the water the spray travels farther and with a greater volume than one would expect. My older granddaughter (she is 7) remarked that she wouldn't want to play with it around her homework: "Sorry teacher but my Barbie's dog got my homework all wet".

Like all specialized Barbies I am not too sure how much play it will get over the years but since they are only here occasionally that is not a real concern for me.

Trainwreck
Trainwreck
DVD
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't laugh once through the whole thing, January 2, 2016
This review is from: Trainwreck (Amazon Video)
I enjoy a wide range of comedic movies, from the sophisticated to the silly, just as long as they as they are truly funny in some way. This movie did not work for me on any level. I think that the writing was poor and for the most part humorless. There seemed to a lack of chemistry between Amy Schumer and Bill Hader, I just couldn't believe them as a couple and they really weren't funny together. I can't recommend this movie to anyone.

Eddie Bauer Little Girls' Quilted Corduroy Trimmed Jacket, Navy, 5/6
Eddie Bauer Little Girls' Quilted Corduroy Trimmed Jacket, Navy, 5/6
Price: $10.90
3 used & new from $8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but it could use a hood I think, December 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice coat for a small child but I don't really see that it is designed to be a girl's jacket. It is not particularly feminine as it is a neutral color. Actually, it seems more like it was made for a boy. I do wish that it had a hood, even a detachable one. It does seem to be made fairly well even though I am not usually a fan of Chinese garments. Eddie Bauer is a good brand and I think that a small child would like it.

MidWest Avian Adventures Poquito Avian Hotel, Platinum
MidWest Avian Adventures Poquito Avian Hotel, Platinum
Price: $80.69
7 used & new from $76.69

4.0 out of 5 stars I great travel cage but a little overpriced, December 22, 2015
I really like this travel cage. I used it for transporting my birds (a cockatiel and a budgie) on a 24 hour car trip. It worked just fine and the birds seemed to be okay with it. It was easy to put together and seemed to be will built. It does seem to be overpriced for the size but it is still the best travel cage that I could find.

GreenPan Ceramic Non-Stick Mini Round Egg Pan, 5", Grey
GreenPan Ceramic Non-Stick Mini Round Egg Pan, 5", Grey
Price: $10.00
2 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A great pan for the price, December 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a few other small pans like this and I really enjoy them. I mostly use them for small omelettes. My grandchildren love to get a little one egg omelette with just what they want in it. Usually cheese and bacon but sometimes with a few veggies. This is a lightweight pan but one would have to expect that for this price.

One thing that surprised me was that the handle stays pretty cool, even when in the oven (although I don't recommend that). I have even used it on a gas grill for browning some mushrooms to go with a steak that I was cooking alongside it.

For the price this is a nice little pan and I like it quite a bit but I do prefer a heavier pan even if it costs more.

View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $27.79
73 used & new from $9.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for grade school children, December 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a fun product that I was hoping to like a little better than I did. Like a lot of people my age I remember the View-Masters of old with fondness. This is as far from the the classic product as one can get. It took me a little while to figure this one out but once I did it was a lot of fun. It was cool to look at things in a 360 perspective. Children in particular get a big kick out of this. It is built kind of cheaply but I expected that for the price. Still, it is a nice item if you are willing to put in the time to download the apps and figure it all out.

Epson PictureMate PM-400 Wireless Compact Color Photo Printer
Epson PictureMate PM-400 Wireless Compact Color Photo Printer
Price: $199.99
38 used & new from $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this little printer!, December 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have boxes and boxes of photos that I have taken over the last 4 or 5 decades. They include vacation photos, photos of my children and group photos of friends and loved ones. However, when I look through them it is pretty obvious that there are not near as many photos from the last few years and I think that is due mostly to the advent of digital photography.

Many of my photos are now emailed, posted on FaceBook or just on my camera's memory card or on my phone. I always mean to print them but I just don't get around to it. There is something about having a real picture in your hands that beats seeing it on your screen. There is a reason that when someone's house is on fire that the first thing that they grab is their photographs.

With this printer I can now make really nice prints from my phone or digital camera. There was a learning curve with getting it to work wirelessly but I did get it done. I am a little concerned about the cost of the prints for most people but it is certainly worth it for me.

Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair)
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair)
Price: $290.67
32 used & new from $288.25

5.0 out of 5 stars So far I have been very pleased with them, December 5, 2015
I went through an illness recently and lost some muscle mass and needed to rebuild it. I was never a body builder but I was always strong enough for the tasks that I had to complete. However, since my illness I just can't do my share when it comes to carrying heavy things. My doctor suggested that I start lifting weights (although he did warn me about over doing it). I had my eyes on this set and decided to go for. So far I have been very pleased with them.

I don't seem to see any problem with durability as they seem well made and I think that they will hold up just fine. If I have any issues with them I will update my review.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2016 10:39 PM PST

Calculated Industries #1190 Air Shim Inflatable Pry Bar and Leveling Tool; 300 LB Rating; Contractor-Grade Alignment Pump Wedge
Price: $22.95
5 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It does a great job and works more quickly than my other shims, December 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I know what this shim is designed for but I use it for a different purpose. I have been working on providing lock-out services and air shims are often used to pry open doors (and sometimes windows) just enough to insert a long-reach tool or a lock-knob lasso. The other air shims that I own are smaller and have less power than this one. I know that I have to be very careful in not over doing it, especially when working with frame-less windows, still, it does a great job and works more quickly than my other shims.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20