Profile for Timothy B. Riley > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 19864

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy B. Riley RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX USA)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Beneful IncrediBites Dog Food, 7-Pound
Beneful IncrediBites Dog Food, 7-Pound

2.0 out of 5 stars Another "corny" blend of dog food, August 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know why I keep trying Beneful dog food when I always end up thinking that I should have tried something else. Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the name brand, either way I should know better, even when it's a free sample.

The dogs (a Yorkie and a Blue Heeler) will eat it but they are not crazy about it. When I look at the ingredients it is mostly corn and other grains with some suspicious "meat by-products". Why should a dog food have over 20 ingredients? Dog food is such a difficult thing to buy since we can't taste it ourselves and going by whether the dogs eat it or not is really an indicator since they will eat a lot of things that are not good for them. I will spend more and get a brand that at least looks it has the pet's health in mind. This dog food does not give me that confidence.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2014 11:01 AM PDT

Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Premium Food, 15-Pound
Iams ProActive Health Smart Puppy Premium Food, 15-Pound
Price: $17.97
6 used & new from $10.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Good food for small dogs but I wonder about some of the ingredients, August 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I thought that this would be a good food for some puppies that I have been watching for a friend. They seem to like it but I wonder about how much grain and vegetables are in this mix. I not too sure why a dog food would need 15-20 different things in it. Still, this is reasonably priced and has a good brand name.

Bosch GLM 15 Compact Laser Measure, 50-Feet
Bosch GLM 15 Compact Laser Measure, 50-Feet
Price: $49.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A great basic laser measure, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the Bosch GLM 50 and like it a lot although there are times that I just need a simple laser device without all of the other fancy features. This is a unit that I can keep with me all of the time since it is smaller and fits in my tool box without displacing any of my other gadgets. It is very basic but does what I need it to. It is simple, straightforward and easy to use. I wish that it was a little cheaper but it is still worth the price.

Moen S6705 90-Degree One-Handle Low Arc Bathroom Faucet, Chrome
Moen S6705 90-Degree One-Handle Low Arc Bathroom Faucet, Chrome
Offered by Remodelr
Price: $337.91
6 used & new from $314.26

4.0 out of 5 stars A very, very stylish faucet that could be just a little bigger, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several nice faucets in my home but I always wanted one like this. It is so modern looking yet something about it seems almost classic. The gentle, broad flow of water is not only beautiful but it has a style all it's own. So when I got a chance to try this faucet out I was happy replace one of my other faucets with this one.

I don't do tools so I had someone replace my old one and install this one. He was done in 15 minutes. I already had a sink with one hole so there was on need for me to order the broader plate that would cover the other two holes. I LOVED the way that it looked. It is perfect for a simple, modern looking sink. It's make me want to buy a new one. At first it surprised me by it's low water pressure. However, it slowed me down a little so that I spend more time washing my hands.

My only complaint, and it is a major one, is that it is too short for my big hands. I can't find enough space between the faucet and the handle. I will have to live with it as I love the looks of the Moen and plan on keeping it.

Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride - On Bike, White/Blue
Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride - On Bike, White/Blue
Price: $80.00
6 used & new from $69.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun little bike that the grand kids love, August 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I know that there seems to be some confusion as to what age this ride is for. I have a three year old granddaughter and it was a good fit for her. She has a hard time turning it so she just uses it in straight lines for the most part. It seems to work well inside the house as well as the outside. She is great at zooming down the sidewalk. I like that it is stable and well-built. Of course it was a breeze to assemble and it looks like she can can at least a year or two of use out of it before she outgrows it.

Hyper Pet 9" Flippy Flopper Dog Toy, Assorted
Hyper Pet 9" Flippy Flopper Dog Toy, Assorted
Offered by Etailz
Price: $7.09
12 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the doggies new favorite toy!, August 7, 2014
I have two small dogs that love to play fetch in the backyard. We play with balls, rubber band powered ducks, and other toys. The only reason that I have stayed away from Frisbees is that they are too hard for their little mouths and I tend to throw them too far. I searched for this item and it is just perfect for them. It is softer and, because it is a little floppy, I don't throw it over the fence. I am, however, surprised at how well it does throw; nice and straight with decent hang time. So far they haven't been able to tear it up so I am very happy with it.

Allen Sports 5W USB Rechargeable Aluminum Light Set, Grey
Allen Sports 5W USB Rechargeable Aluminum Light Set, Grey
Price: $38.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, stylish and functional bike light, August 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an assortment of lower end bike lights but I am always looking for something better. When I got a chance to try this out I was hopeful that it was what I had been looking for.

Out of the box I was really impressed with the quality of the product. The housing is not only pretty but also durable being made out of high grade aluminium. The rechargeable battery in the front light was easy to charge and powers the unit for hours and hours. The back, tail-light uses button cell lithium batteries with I think should work for months without needing to be replaced.

I had no problem mounting the units and they looked really nice on my bike. The front light is pretty bright but not exceptionally so. The push-pull flood/spot mechanism was very stiff at first but loosened up over time. I used it in a light rain shower and the water had no effect on it's function.

I am very happy with this product and will highly recommend it to others.

Hyper Pet Mini Flying Duck Dog Toy, Green
Hyper Pet Mini Flying Duck Dog Toy, Green
Price: $8.99
17 used & new from $7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me and the doggies, August 5, 2014
I have two small dogs, a Yorkie and a mini Blue Heeler. This is one of their favorite toys! The Blue Heeler has learned to watch the duck soar up into the air and position herself right in front of where it will land. I have both this size and the bigger one. This model is a like harder to fling as the opening at the beak is too small for me to get my thumb into.

One thing to mention is that this is not the kind of toy that you want to leave laying around. I keep it put up and bring it down only when it is playtime, otherwise my Heeler with chew it up and take the stuffing out of it.

Planters Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread, 26.5 Oz
Planters Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread, 26.5 Oz
Price: $3.68

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice for a healthier peanut butter, August 5, 2014
I enjoy peanut butter on occasion and am always looking for a fresher tasting brand. Many of the healthy brands naturally separate between the peanuts and the oil. I decided to get this one a try and I am pretty happy with it. It has a rich, fresh, nutty taste and it s[reads easily. I do see a little of bit of oil floating on the top and have to stir it up just a little before using it.

I like the price and the fact that it is easy to find. There are some other "no-stir" brands that I prefer such as Trader Joe's. Still, I will keep this on hand for when I want a little peanut goodness.

Icon 0.5-Inch Continuous Self-Adhesive Plastic Label, White, 70150001, 1 Each
Icon 0.5-Inch Continuous Self-Adhesive Plastic Label, White, 70150001, 1 Each
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $16.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for labels that might get a little wet or dirty, August 4, 2014
I use these labels in my kitchen, letting me what is inside of the squirt bottles that I keep oil, water, vinegar and other liquids in. I also use them anywhere that I think the labels might get wet or soiled. These are easy to use and swap out and should last me a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20