Profile for Morbious2 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Morbious2 "1-69Z" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Havahart 1020 Live Animal Two-Door Mouse Cage Trap
Havahart 1020 Live Animal Two-Door Mouse Cage Trap
Price: $14.42
45 used & new from $7.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Chipmunks!, December 18, 2013
If you need to get rid of small rodents...this is it! It does the trick with the problem Chipmunks that we have that get into our bird feeders! It safely and humanely traps them. All we have to do it take the trap to an open area far away from our home and let the little nuisance go and live it's little life out in a nice open field away from our home!!

Cricut Cuttlebug Machine, V2 Green
Cricut Cuttlebug Machine, V2 Green
Price: $49.99
55 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use! Perfect embossing!, December 18, 2013
Just purchased this machine as my Christmas gift to myself from my husband!!! :) I have been looking around at them for months now and this one was definitely the very best deal I was able to find...the price is great! Even the local craft stores were not this reasonable!! I have seen these machines for prices that are "well over" $100.00 and this is just crazy and so not worth that kind of a price, no matter what, it's a great little machine but not worth over what I paid here for the machine, which was $56.99! If you pay more you have paid way to much!
It is so easy to use...I was amazed! I have 2 of the Circut Die Cutting machines and I have "a lot" of problems with them. I like them but I have more disasters than successes! With this little machine there is no guessing! What I also like to do is emboss a paper then cut out a shape on my Circut Die Cutting Machine using the embossed paper! I also like to run the embossing folders forwards and back wards through the machine, before taking it completely out of the machine. I personally feel it makes a slightly deeper and more crisper looking embossing on the paper! It just works for me!!
This machine is small and easy to take with you where ever you go. The folders are easy to use as well and don't take up a lot of room...it's great that they store flat or up-right and are very light weight! The machine is made of plastic but I have not found it to be flimsy or cheaply made. It has a good weight to it, which it defiantly needs, for what it does. It is a quality made machine! It's not a professional machine by any means or it would cost 10 times more! It absolutely does exactly what it is meant to do with ease and I would use this machine most definitely if I sold what I make as well...it's that good and that uncomplicated!
I love the fact that the machine forms a suction to what ever surface you put it on, it keeps the machine steady while working with it. So far I have used it on glass, wood, and lament surfaces with no problems.
What is also great about this machine is that since I am starting to get arthritis in my fingers and hands and have always done my embossing by hand with a stylus and brass embossing stencils...which I dearly love and will never stop using but when I am having a bad day and can not use the stencils... this machine is a total life saver and well worth the money. I am a firm believer that every one should look for the best value for your money! The price I paid was great and the machine is worth that amount and honestly, not more!
As much as I love this little machine there are a few things I'm not happy about, but they did not keep me from purchasing it. I wish it would accommodate larger pieces of paper so that I could emboss right on a card I make with out having to emboss on a separate piece of paper then adhere it to the front of a card or stationary! You would be surprised at just how many people love to get gifts of personalized note cards and stationary and it would be nice if the Cuttlebug had an opening of about 9 inches wide so it would accommodate standard size stationary. I realize that larger embossing mats would be necessary but I would willing purchase them if it meant I could emboss directly on an embossing project! Also, if there is a way to make a space in the middle of an embossed area, I have not found out how this can be done on the machine! If any one knows...I would love it if they would share how to do this!
All in all, this is a really great machine that I have added to my card making and scrapbooking! It makes crafting quicker and easier...especially for people with arthritis in their hands as I have. In short...if the machine would emboss a full size sheet of size stationary it then would be totally perfect!
AND I do wish the "C" mat would have been included with the machine! That would have been really great and a very nice gesture from ProvoCraft!! This machine is so so very easy to use....you just can not go wrong!

DMC 117-53 Six Stranded Cotton Embroidery Floss, Variegated Steel Gray, 8.7-Yard
Price: $4.81
8 used & new from $0.98

1.0 out of 5 stars There is a problem here!, October 1, 2013
Is this price correct...one skein of this floss is $6.33? Or is there more in this order? This has to be a mistake. Right?

Woolite Darks Laundry Detergent, 50 Ounce
Woolite Darks Laundry Detergent, 50 Ounce
Offered by K Trade
Price: $11.80
21 used & new from $9.61

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be "0" stars!, September 16, 2013
This product just did not work for me at all in any way! I purchased 2 black cotton T-shirts because I wear a lot of black and I wear the shirts under sweaters and other blouses. I had just used one of the shirts and had not found this product, yet. After about 5 months I found this Woolite product and thought I would give it a try, so I used it on the new black T-shirt that I had never worn before! After washing the second T-shirt for a few months in the Woolite, the Woolite shirt was gray and I do mean gray! The older shirt had faded some what but at least it was still black and I washed that one in All Free and Clear. This product just did not do what it was supposed to do for my needs and I wont buy it again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 2:15 PM PST

John Frieda Precision Foam Colour, Deep Cherry Brown 3VR
John Frieda Precision Foam Colour, Deep Cherry Brown 3VR
Price: $11.92
11 used & new from $9.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not cover much at all!, May 2, 2013
I really loved this Deep Cherry Brown color and had been searching for a color like this for a long time since my regular color had been discontinued for a long time now.
First of all this foam is a joke! It does not penetrate into the hair at all...I followed the instructions to the letter and applied it just as recommended on the box/package. It did not soak into my hair, no matter what I did. I massaged it into the roots that had grown out, then into the rest of my hair plus I combed it through. I made sure my hair was as saturated with the color foam as I could get it.
Second...when I rinsed the color off...which by the way, I left on for 30 minutes as was stated in the instructions for grey coverage...then I rinsed it and dried as directed....hardly any at all rinsed out of my hair and I rinsed for a long time, then I dried and styled as usual..only to find that this foam product missed spots completely! I ended up with polka dot hair and just a slight color on my roots! This product was definitely not worth the $12 price.

Last but not least...the thing I disliked the most about this color...it completely dried out my hair! I had the worst static from using it and not until I washed my hair again and used a deep conditioner did it go away! I have never had static that bad in my hair..ever. And I even colored my hair when it was raining...plus it rained for another 3 days after wards, so the weather was quite humid and I still had the worst static ever! I complained to the company that it did not cover well at all and of the dryness and all I got was an apology!! Oh well...live and learn! I wont use this again!

Advantus Cropper Hopper Easy Access Paper Holder, Black
Advantus Cropper Hopper Easy Access Paper Holder, Black
Offered by 7GIFTS
Price: $20.57
23 used & new from $11.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice organizers!, April 8, 2013
They store my 12 X 12 Scrapbook papers very nicely but they are a little on the flimsy side. They really can't be filled completely and I would never ever pick them up full of papers...out of fear they will break! So, while these are nice, be sure they are exactly right where you want them and intend to keep them when you fill them with papers! Or you will most likely have to empty them upon moving them.

Cricut Cartridge, Paper Lace
Cricut Cartridge, Paper Lace
Price: $19.99
15 used & new from $14.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Complicated!, April 8, 2013
This seems to be one of the more complicated Cricut cartridges...to say the least! Even the instructions are some-what complicated and not easily understood....a "lot" of practice is going to be needed with this one. I have not used it yet...still trying to figure out the instructions and the sizing on this one. I will write an update when possible. This one does not look as interesting as I thought...but I will be patient and try out everything on the cartridge. I try to make as many sizes and size samples as I can to put in a note book because I have a "lot" of problems with sizing on these machines...I have 2 of them and very often they come out the wrong size...no matter what size I program into the machine...for an example...I was making monograms and I programed in one letter to be larger of the 3...it came out larger than expected then when I programed the other 2 letters they came out way to small even though I programed them only one inch smaller than the larger one...it was a whole lot of trial and error and from my experience, it's always going to be...I would love to have one of the cake decorating machines but I am not about to have so much waist as the 2 I already made!! The DVD that comes with the machines are not nearly enough to instruct in the proper use on how to use the machine to it's fullest potential. All in all it is a fun machine but it does make mistakes...and believe it or not they are not "operator error" all the time!! The Provo company is somewhat helpful..thankfully! I am hoping to use this "Paper Lace" program for a lot of different projects that I have in mind!

Auntie Mame: An Irreverent Escapade
Auntie Mame: An Irreverent Escapade
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Classic!, April 4, 2013
This book was just a fun, quick read! The title character, "Mame" was a complete delight...more should be like her...interested in things that are now outdated..true...like having a good "vocabulary"...have you heard people speak this day and age? Especially the young? Their grasp of the English language is atrocious, to say the least! There are way to many who do not respect others today for being who they are and that is sad. What is even more sad is to read these reviews that the book is "out-dated"...I take that as these people feel that manners, respect, education and caring are "out-dated"!! But you must realize that this a work of "fiction"...that means it's not a true to life story...so Mr. Dennis can take it any where he wanted to and he sure did!! I would have loved to have some older lady in my life just like Mame!! She was a good, caring and giving person...how many can one say that about our society this day? It is one adventure after another and they are all fun, interesting and heart wrenching at the same time. I didn't read anything that made me feel that Patrick was mean or crule to women...he was a typical college student! I think most men have had a "Bubbles" in their life at one time or another! The only problem I had with it was that I did think Patrick was a little disrespectful to Auntie Mame at times...he should have been way more grateful but I do feel he was "put upon" by her so many times...as strong as she was she still needed some one to lean on...for her own self!! Which is not unlike all of us at one time or another!
Yes! The movie was quite different but that is always what happens when novels are purchased by a movie studio and rewritten with the general public in mind. It would have been better had they stuck to the real story!! However I did enjoy the original movie with Rosalind Russell...I hated the one with Lucille Ball...it was not her type of movie at all!!
It was a fun and enjoyable book...not the best I have ever read but I loved it just the same. Read it for what it is...just a nice book...and keep in mind it was written a long time ago...times have changed...for some reason this has bothered others and caused them to say this book is "out dated"...well...so are a load of other books like "War and Peace" or Ulysses or even the James Bond novels...any book that is over 10 years old is the so called, "out-dated"...so what's the big deal with it? The "old" classics are read all the time...like Dickens's, "A Tale of Two Cities" or "Gone With The Wind" or "The Wizard of Oz"!! People take it to seriously and that's a shame...they should just enjoy the book as it is!! If you keep thinking and telling yourself it's out dated...you are going to be sadly disappointed in a whole lot of books!! I have found that the older the books are they seem to be the most enjoyable...they just don't write them like they use to!! Read this book...you will laugh and cry!! It's fun!

Clarisonic Aria™ Sonic Skin Cleansing System Black
Clarisonic Aria™ Sonic Skin Cleansing System Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, February 8, 2013
I have used skin care brushes all of my life...I started using them at about age 6 or 7 when they were little hand held soft brushes similar to a baby's brush and I have alway had nice skin. Now that I am older I found I needed something more in the way of cleansing. This is it! I did a lot of research on this product and I thought the Aria would be it for me and I was so right!!
This little cleansing machine is fantastic! It is not only easy to use and store but it is great for my skin. I use my normal liquid cleansing soap with it...Philosophy: Purity Made Simple. I rub it all over my damp face then use the Clairsonic. It works wonders and I find I only have to wash one time to get all my make up off. It makes my large pores look less noticeable and it also makes my skin smooth and more natural looking and I find I can use less make-up as a result of using this system. I have been using it faithfully now, 2 times a day for over a month and will not ever change my routine again. I have found what really and truly works for me. I do have a smaller automatic facial cleansing brush by DDF and I only use it for apply exfoliating creams once a week and I use it because it has a sponge applicator...if Clairsonic ever makes a sponge applicator for their cleansing systems, then I will get rid of the other cleanser.
I love the fact that the speeds can be changed and it has short and long cleansing times. I use the short cycle in the morning and then switch to the longer cleaning cycle in the evening to take off my make-up. I like the drying stand and the fact it will let you know when to re-charge, or how many cycles/minutes you have left before you need to charge. It is light weight and doesn't make a mess.
Mine came with several Lancome products. I tried the cleanser that came with it...it was a very generous sample. I read the reviews on it and thought I would give it a try. This was some sort of cleanser that went from a cream to foam. It was great for about a week then suddenly it dried out my skin completely and I even started to peel like I had a sun burn! I stopped using it right away and it took almost another week for my skin to get back to normal!
The Aria has never damaged my skin nor has it ever made it break out..there is nothing in it that will cause break outs...if you use your regular cleansing cream or soaps...a change always can cause breakouts!
I would recommend this cleansing system to every one no matter your age...with the exception of children under the age of about 5 but that is just how I feel about it.
The one and only thing I have found that I didn't care for was the fact that the brush is a little difficult to take off and put back on...but that's not a big deal.
And...when you buy the cleansing system you get a $25.00 coupon from Clarisonic to purchase from them as a gift for buying the Clairsonic...if you have to deal with the company...try to find another way to get an answer to your questions. I had one simple little question...it was could I use this coupon with their sale/special products. I'm sure you are as aware as I am that most places will not let you combine coupons with things that are already on sale or marked down for one reason or another. So I wanted to make sure I could us the coupon before I placed an order and then get the bad news that I could not use it on what I wanted to purchase. Well...let me tell you...this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company's customer service. I don't have all day to hang on the phone for answers so I e-mailed. I don't know if these people can read or speak English but they sure don't understand it! I got some of the strangest answers to my simple question you have ever heard...and never a correct one! So I just blindly placed an order...just to have done with them...thankfully it worked and so far no problems, but if I ever need help with it again...I have no intention of asking Clairsonic Customer Service ...ever! Either they do not understand English or the people who are in this service are just stupid!! So I gave up!

Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
by E. L. James
Price: $8.97
2330 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 (Zero) Stars would be better for this!!, October 1, 2012
First of all...I "did not" buy these books...I repeat..."I Did Not Buy These Books"! Second...I rarely give such a detailed review on books because I don't usually like to spoil the story line...so I will do the best I can here!
I borrowed this series from a friend who just had to go out and buy all 3 books at one time thinking they would be all be fantastic...she was wrong...she got through about half of the first book before she became so completely bored she could not go any further...now she has a waiting list of borrowers, which I was among! I can not be more sorry!!
I have never ever read such drivel in my life. The 2 main characters are supposed to be college educated people but yet they seem to only be able to carry on the most asinine conversations I have ever read. The female is supposed to be a Literary student about to graduate college yet she can not speak above a 6th grade level, speaks in idiotic sentences then ends about 95% of them with, what I call a $1,000.00 word that has no business being there...granted the meaning comes across but for the wording used, it is totally out of line and ridiculous to say the least!! It seems all the two can discuss is this stupid contract for sex and it just goes round and round and comes out no where. This girl...and I call her a girl because she acts like a 16 year old...a woman should know better! This girl has no clue to anything about this man but the fact that she loves him deeply! This super rich, super intelligent man knows exactly what he wants...a novice, an immature little moron, whom he can control and manipulate into doing exactly what "he wants" and she falls for it! This idiot girl goes from "crap" to "holy crap" to "holy shit" and does nothing but bite her lip!! Then is surprised when she finds out, "he's not in love with her"!! He doesn't want her for love...he wants to use a dummy and he sure got himself one. Not one time did this guy ever profess to even be fond of her!! He's just there!! This girl has no clue about anything, which is completely unbelievable...22 years old and never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, never had sex, never used a computer...what school did she go to and didn't she have any friends that she could at least get some "Tips" from through out her life? What a pitiful person she is!!
The writing is so childish and pitiful to say the least! The sex in this book is even boring! All this guy wants this girl for is "to pleasure HIM" and nothing else, which he states profoundly, until he gets tired of her! Pages and pages are devoted to their conversations and it totally drove me crazy...why oh why can't these people say something to each other...anything constructive...anything at all! The author can not even get her facts straight!! Obviously she did no research into any thing for this book! I have heard her say in an interview that this book was her secret fantasy....she must be an idiot too!! I truly believe that these books were only published because her husband is a published writer and he "had them" published for her and that is the only reason I can think of that a reputable publishing company would even think of publishing such garbage! This isn't even good eroticism period!! I started the second of these books and was astounded by the fact that in the ending of the first book this girl had the good sense to finally break up with this jerk of a guy...then suddenly she's accepting rides from him to a photography exhibit...by sending e-mails...this was never explained but in the end of the first book she "gave the computer back to him" then suddenly she is e-mailing him...from what? This girl is stupid and immature to say the least and this guy has taken full advantage of it! This is a horrible example to set for today's youth! I know that there are people who enjoy this sort of life style and that's fine with me...to each his or her own...but at least they should be adult about it..not some simp acting teenage/woman who can't make up her mind for her life! I can not understand why any one would find these books well written or even good or a good love story! Maybe they have poor love lives or marriages or something but this is just a bad bad bad book and believe me I am not about to waist my time on any more of them! I have read some Harlequin Romance Novels that have been really bad but were so much better than this piece of lousy work!! I have also heard that this series of books is causing, of all things, a new baby boom!! Good grief some people must have really miserable lives to allow this junk to effect them!! I feel sorry for those people! I truly do! This could have been a good story had it had much better research and writing! I hope this woman author never writes another book! This first one was bad enough to last a life time! This one was so bad I read it in less than a day! So if you are really looking for a quick read and a good laugh this series of books is for you. If you are or consider yourself a half way intelligent person...stay away from them..big time! They are an insult to any one's intelligence!! Or...don't tell any one you have read this junk!! "Holy crap, this is bad"!! I was so waiting to see the words..."Batman" after the "holy crap" statements!! That was so disappointing too!! Jez, I'm disappointed!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7