Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Brad Mpls > Reviews

Browse

Brad Mpls' Profile

Customer Reviews: 88

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brad Mpls RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Diamond Multimedia WPCTVPRO 1080p VStream Wireless USB to Wireless HDMI PC to TV Adapter for Win10, Win8.1, Win8, Win7, Win VISTA, WinXP, MAC OS and Android 5.0 and higher
Price: $76.16
155 used & new from $59.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Teleprompter system, May 7, 2016
I bought this for use with a teleprompter setup and it works like a charm! My teleprompter system consists of a PC with prompter software, a mirrored prompter (just like you see in TV studios) with a flat-screen monitor underneath and facing up to reflect into the angled mirror and, previous to this Diamond WPCTVPRO, a very long VGA cable connecting the PC output to the prompter monitor input.

Wow! Defines my satisfaction with this Diamond device. It has eliminated a tripping hazard that I had with the VGA cable and made everything involved a little more convenient. I've had the "transmitter" dongle/PC at least 30 feet away with no problems in reception of the "receiver" connected to the prompter monitor. I'm using the VGA output of the WPCTVPRO receiver for the monitor (which is a cheap, old 15" LCD that only has a VGA input). For s&g's I've also tried the receiver using its HDMI output with another monitor - no problems; excellent picture quality and reception. I've had people walk between the "line-of-sight" transmission and there's not been one hiccup, nothing! I've trucked and dollied the teleprompter camera while the WPCTVPRO was operating -- no reception problems. It appears to be a very strong signal.

The product comes with a small pamphlet that explains installation -sort of (there's more detail on the mfg website: (...)), and it comes with a mini-CD for installing the drivers. I didn't use it because the pamphlet indicated it was best to let Windows (7) download the drivers on its own. The pamphlet's instructions were a bit confusing in that it said for Windows 7 installation to plug the USB dongle into the PC USB port first, then d/l the drivers. Immediately after the d/l instructions it said to *not* plug the USB dongle in yet. Well, heck, I'd already had it plugged-in and d/l'd the drivers so I figured I was screwed. Not. I guess it didn't matter. Everything worked just fine.

There's a Windows taskbar icon for the WPCTVPRO program. Once you have the dongle plugged-in (is has a little blue LED "on" light, as does the receiver - flashing= no signal, steady=receiving) the taskbar icon is functional. Clicking on it provides a menu of functions including PC display settings [video] that is redundant with the Windows display settings (dunno why others here don't mention it) plus an [audio] setup as well. It also has a menu of WPCTVPRO options for the output. This taskbar icon menu has (imho) everything needed to make the system work for me.
Again, its wireless capabilities (and really, why else would I or you buy it?) are flawless. I'm not kidding, and this is not a planted review. I can only guess that the hardware and software have been significantly improved over time since some of the negative reviews here (although some are more recent). I've also allowed the system to stay powered-up for 24 hours to 1) See if it failed, and 2) See if either component got too warm/hot. Well, no failure and the dongle did get slightly warm, but nothing alarming.

That's it. 10-4, over & out.

2002 Ford Escape
2002 Ford Escape

5.0 out of 5 stars It's my baby!, May 3, 2016
This review is from: 2002 Ford Escape
I bought my '02 Escape last year (2015) because I really missed owning a 4x4 SUV, being that I live in the midwest where winter driving darn near mandates 4x4. I paid $3500 at a local car dealer for this pristine baby (well, it's an elder at 180,000 miles). Body is clean; some rust on the undercarriage and the shield that covers the gas tank was partially rusted away. Leather interior -- perfect. Not a brittle or worn spot anywhere. Carpeting, again perfect. I swear that whoever was the original owner took excellent care of this thing. The sound system had been replaced with a JVC Pandora car stereo that can literally shake the dust off the exterior with clean, high output audio.

Anyhow, the mechanics of it are great. I've replaced the coolant reservoir, the serpentine belt, brakes and oil. All recalls had been performed prior to my purchase. I repaired the electronic/solenoid release on the tailgate, and tightened up the passenger side door handle (from inside the door panel) -- ain't YouTube great! So many excellent videos on everything you need to know to DIY. Did I mention how this thing plows through snowy roads (up to a foot deep) like an Army tank? It does, in either the auto-4x4 or the manual override (which I really never needed to engage). Gas mileage, though, literally sucks, even in non-winter driving; I'm getting, at best, 16mpg. Ouch.

Add-ons, all from Amazon, all to make 'er pretty (see photos): WeatherTech cargo liner, APS-NB-F3034 Nerf Bars (running boards), Westin Light Bar (front grill area), Moonroof wind deflector, and VHT NiteShades Lens Cover TInt (smoked black headlights and tail lights).

Vello 3.5" LCD Hood
Vello 3.5" LCD Hood

5.0 out of 5 stars FIts Panasonic AC90, February 20, 2016
This review is from: Vello 3.5" LCD Hood (Electronics)
FIts my (new) Panasonic AG-AC90 quite well. Needs to be broken-in a little so it isn't so stiff on the LCD side viewfinder, but it sure is a big plus in shading the viewfinder from bright lights or sun. Doesn't slip off. I've gotten comments from other shooters who have similar viewfinders w/o a hood, wondering where I found this.

eCost Soft Padded Camcorder Equipment Bag, Extra Large (Black)
eCost Soft Padded Camcorder Equipment Bag, Extra Large (Black)
Offered by eCostConnection
Price: $32.95
2 used & new from $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Your fly is open, February 20, 2016
Like the majority of review comments here, the zipper quality sucks. The main pair of zippers holding the top of the bag (and the carrying handle too) attached to the rest of the bag failed after a few weeks of very light use. By fail I mean the zipper "pull" thingie runs along the track but doesn't attach the teeth of the zipper anymore. The bag is useless because you can't carry it by the top handle now that the top doesn't close. I'm going back to buying another Vivitar Camcorder CaseVivitar RGC12 Camcorder Case - Xtra Large (Black). I have two; it's a few dollars more and far better zippers -- and no, this isn't a product promo/sponsor. I could've easily left the pitch out, but figured you would be better off NOT buying this eCost bag but consider something else.

Eagle Security Products - 301300
Eagle Security Products - 301300
Offered by JMAC Supply
Price: $41.16
2 used & new from $41.16

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Model 1300 Telephone Line Monitor, November 23, 2015
For those of us that did some research this is, in fact, what it says it is, but there's more to it: It's the Model 1300 Telephone Line Monitor by Eagle. It requires a simple 12vdc power supply and a device of your choice that gets switched on or off by its contact relay switch (terminals for Normally Open & Normally Closed); in my use, a piezo buzzer and LED light. It has inputs for the red & green phone line wires (the ones that go to your phone) and will continuously monitor for the presence of voltage, i.e. dial tone and off-hook use (you're using the phone). No dial tone (voltage) will trigger the relay after an internal timer of 60/120 seconds completes its countdown; to eliminate triggers from brief interrupts I presume. Most VOIP devices --in my case, a cable modem for phone and Internet-- send out that voltage for landline phones.

LG Leon 4G LTE Battery H340 H340N New ORIGINAL 1820mAh 3.8V 6.9Wh
LG Leon 4G LTE Battery H340 H340N New ORIGINAL 1820mAh 3.8V 6.9Wh
Offered by Cell Emporium
Price: $6.47
27 used & new from $1.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Also fits the LG Power L22CC, November 11, 2015
I keep this as a spare in my wallet (is that safe to do?) for my LG Power L22CC (also purchased on Amazon [[ASIN:B00YPSZPIK TracFone LG Power No Contract Phone - Retail Packaging - Black].
I charge it separately using an external battery charger made for these types of cell phone batteries. It holds the charge well.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2016 5:42 PM PDT

COVRWARE® LG Leon LTE C40 / LG Tribute 2 [Viper Series] Heavy Duty Dual Layer Holster Case Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip [Screen Protector] For LG Leon, Power, Destiny, Sunset, Risio - Black
Offered by COVRWARE
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed, slim, clean lines., November 11, 2015
See April 2016 Update further in this review.
Classy, clean look for my LG Power L22CC (same dimensions as the Leon). I originally ordered an "extreme heavy duty armour..." style case and kept it, but thought it looked like something out of a Terminator movie. You clip a fairly large phone on your belt or pocket with a LG Power/Leon and the added bulk of an armour-type case was too crazy for my liking. So I found this slimmer looking Covrware case and holster. It looks good, protects the phone well even without the holster/clip portion. I especially like the textured faux rubber outer case; it provides a good grip.
Some people are complaining about the included screen protector film. I threw it away. It's just a spiff, nothing more. Order some decent screen protectors separately. Might I recomment [3-Pack] Dmax Armor® LG Power / LG Risio Screen Protector Anti-Bubble High Definition Clear Shield - Lifetime Replacements Warranty- Retail Packaging.

APRIL 4, 2016 UPDATE-- Someone asked me further questions about this phone case (see in the comments portion). I got so carried away in my reply that I figured it was another review (or followup to this one), so here's a copy---

>>Good questions that almost answer themselves once I thought about it. Yes, the outer rubber layer does stick to your pocket when retrieving the phone. I've stuck my phone into a pair of Levi's (fairly tight pockets) and had a heck of a time getting the phone out. The (faux) rubber is kind of like those rubberized jar lid grippers you use to loosen tight jar lids. So I resort to the belt-clip holster; which brings me to your second question about getting it out (of the holster) easily with one hand. Yes, getting it out is easy. However, putting it back into the holster with one hand is nearly impossible. I found the holster works best in a sideways position (the belt clip pivots), with the two phone-clips on the bottom and the one center phone-clip on top. So, let's say I'm done using the phone and try to put it back into the holster without looking. It's not easy to "feel" the fit and it doesn't always click back into place using one hand -- thinking it is secure, I've had the phone fall out of the holster because it hadn't snapped under the upper center phone-clip.
Now to your last question. The little pop-out kickstand on the phone holster (the "skin" that holds the phone) is decent and useful and I've often used it, but durable? Nope. Mine no longer snaps back into the skin. It just dangles and will likely break off if I ever pull it out of my Levi's pocket :) Also, it's thin plastic on a thin type of plastic hinge. It could break off entirely if you get too physical with the phone when the kickstand is extended. Mine hasn't, but I am disappointed in the fact that it can no longer snap into its holding position. The outer kickstand -the one on the belt holster- is rugged and definitely the one to use if you're planning to view your phone display (again, in a horizontal position).<<
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2016 5:05 AM PDT

TracFone LG L22C Power 3G Android Prepaid Smartphone - Retail Packaging
TracFone LG L22C Power 3G Android Prepaid Smartphone - Retail Packaging
Price: $49.99
5 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It even has hidden Easter Eggs, November 5, 2015
A big step up from my LG L34 C Tracfone, which was a decent phone. This LG Power L22C is an excellent value for all its amenities. Good size screen, vivid colors, lots of ram (well, enough for me), decent and friendly OS (Android Lollipop). Speaking of which, there are a couple of 'Easter eggs' in the system menus: One initiates a Lollipop game, the other creates a Developer's Menu. Play around, you'll find them.
The quad-core processor is impressive in speed. Apps and menus come to life in the blink of an eye. The system also tends to its memory usage efficiently -- purging it (without a d/l'd Task Manager app) of sloppy apps that like to hang out.
Btw, I was probably one of the few that had a defective phone in the first go-round. Its cell networking just fizzled after a week, couldn't get signal bars or 3G at all, just a big old x next to the signal strength bars. No problem. And I'm very happy with the seller, ShopCellDeals due to amazing, unquestioned results when I had to exchange the first phone. I asked to exchange it on a Friday. ShopCellDeals/Amazon did so -quickly- because I had a replacement (new, fresh in the package) phone on Monday, just three days later. I was also provided with a UPS mailing label to return the other one, free of charge, within 30 days.
One more thing. A few reviewers have been unhappy that the phone has 'Bloatware' in the form of McAfee anti-virus software that, according to them, you can't eliminate. I found that it's best to pay close attention to the phone's initial startup (the very first time you power it up). A few menus in you'll be asked to engage McAfee. There is an option button to 'skip' (or maybe it's a 'later' button, I forget), which I chose. Bam, no McAfee is running on my phone. Is that a good thing? DumDeeDumDum. Wait 'n see, I guess.

Poulan Pro 960420164 PB145G42 Briggs 14.5 HP 6-Speed Transmission Lever Cutting Deck Riding Mower, 42-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Alright, alright, alright., September 26, 2015
Excellent. Easy assembly. See my video on YouTube. Search for Poulan Pro Riding Lawn Mower PB145G42 REVIEW (it's 16 minutes long). Also, I suggest you get the full PDF of the manual from the Poulan Pro website -- it explains assembly and operation in better detail than the pamphlet that comes with the mower.
I ordered the mower on a Monday and it arrived (via freight) Friday. Fast! It was delivered to my home in a wood shipping crate and on a pallet. Truck driver was courteous and wheeled it up into my garage (it's on the video). Assembly went well; all parts were there and intact. Heck, all you have to do is assemble the steering wheel and the seat, then get the thing off the pallet. For that you'll need a helper. What I failed to consider was that the mower was in its own crate, but came delivered resting on top of a shipping pallet, so it was probably 12" or so from the ground, and the tires were resting between wood slats which acted as blocks/chocks. That made this a bi*ch to roll freely off its crate.
As for operation, it is flawless. Worth noting that this is my first riding lawn mower and I bought it primarily to mow and suck up the fall leaves (I've got six oak trees, four maple trees, one ash and one locust tree. All dump massive quantities of leaves in the fall). Which brings me to my other purchase, the Poulan Pro Soft-Sided Grass Bagger Poulan Pro 960730023 Soft-Sided Grass Bagger for Poulan Pro 42-inch Riding Lawn Mowers, this is a perfect accessory for my needs; also easy to assemble and use.
Others have mentioned that the clutch/brake/transmission speed, etc., makes for jerky startup motion. It's true, but easily adaptable. The turning radius isn't great, but common for a 42-inch rider, as I've witnessed in my neighbors John Deere riding mowers (two have them). Also, this thing isn't any louder than those Deere. A riding lawn mower seems to be loud no matter what. It ain't a push mower, fer sure!

I'm pleased. Price is hard to beat. I'll always be wondering, though, why this is a discontinued mode.
Oh yeah, I decided the sleekness of the jet black body needed a little attitude so I added flame decals (see photo). They're on Amazon, too Real Fire Tribal Flame Decals Motorcycle, Truck, Car, ATV, etc. - 4" h x 16" w

Real Fire Tribal Flame Decals Motorcycle, Truck, Car, ATV, etc. - 4" h x 16" w
Real Fire Tribal Flame Decals Motorcycle, Truck, Car, ATV, etc. - 4" h x 16" w
Offered by Weston Signs
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for my Poulan Pro!, September 26, 2015
Arrived within three days of my ordering. Very durable material (vinyl?). Easy to apply once I got past the printed directions and found a great demonstration on YouTube (search for flame decals, you'll find several how-to videos). I applied my flames to my new Poulan Pro lawn mower because it was jet black and kinda boring. These decals gave it an attitude. See photos.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9