Profile for A. Gibbs > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Gibbs RSS Feed (Illinois USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab / Note to Micro USB High Speed Charger Converter / Connector / Adapter
Offered by PortaPow UK
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars but the replacement is even better. It's not the same as the photo, October 9, 2014
The kids were able to destroy the first one of these I bought, but the replacement is even better. It's not the same as the photo, but it is slimmer and curved.

Super Power Supply® USB Adapter Charger Charging Cable for Kids Tablet 4GB Nabi 1/1st Generation FUHUNABI-A Nabi 2 II NABI2-NVA NABI2-NV7A Barrel Plug
Offered by Super Power Supply
Price: $1.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me., October 9, 2014
Perhaps there is something wrong with my tablet, but this connector was too loose and it would not charge correctly.

TFY Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Car Headrest Mount, Fast-Attach Fast-Release Standing Cover Case Edition -- (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9")

5.0 out of 5 stars The Headrest mount seems to work fine as well, October 9, 2014
Decent case, works well on it's own as a stand and you can even connect a charge cable to it without any problems.
The Headrest mount seems to work fine as well.

LEGO Star Wars Z-95 Headhunter 75004
LEGO Star Wars Z-95 Headhunter 75004
Offered by PlatinumBuys
Price: $49.99
92 used & new from $44.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool that I was able to get one for my ..., October 9, 2014
I've always had a soft-spot for the Z95 Headhunter ever since I read the Brian Daley Han Solo Trilogy. Very cool that I was able to get one for my son.

10 Feet Video Av Cable for Philips Dual Screen Portable DVD Player
10 Feet Video Av Cable for Philips Dual Screen Portable DVD Player
Offered by American Adapter
Price: $2.00
3 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked!, October 9, 2014
Worked perfectly on my dvd player.

10ft Braided High Quality Durable Micro USB Charging / Data Sync Cable fits Android Phones and Tablets Samsung Galaxy S4 Reverb Note Google Nexus HTC One Kindle Fire HD Touch Acer LG Optimus Pantech Blackberry Motorola RAZR MAXX HD Sony Ericsson ZTE (black)
Offered by Gonezon
Price: $5.98
7 used & new from $5.41

TiVo
TiVo
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't know who to be more annoyed at, TiVo or Amazon., October 9, 2014
This review is from: TiVo (App)
Won't stream to a Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Granted that is Amazon's fault for not upgrading the OS when they upgraded the 2nd Gen Kindle Fire HD 7 that has the same processor. So on the one hand I am annoyed at TiVo for having such a narrow band of Android support and on the other hand I am annoyed at Amazon for Abandoning the 8.9 HD.
I guess the lesson here is to only buy tablets from manufacturers that have proven track records for "long term" support. (ie longer than you can find the tablet for sale on their site).
Regardless obviously the Kindle fire HD 8.9 does support some sort of hardware acceleration or the 1080p Amazon Videos or Netflix would not run nearly as well. So for that TiVo gets 3 stars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2014 10:58 AM PDT

NETGEAR ReadyNAS Ultra 4 (4-bay, diskless) Network Attached Storage, latest generation RNDU4000

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent NAS, though some features need a bit of effort to get working, March 24, 2012
Most people might find that everything works fine out of the box, but some things are going to require you to scour the forums at readynas.com to figure out how to get things working. (For instance I was only able to get Memeo Backup to verify it's license by connecting the NAS to my network with eth1 rather than eth0 and I had to load a beta copy of the ReadyDLNA to get it to support my Tivo Premiere.)

They do seem to have pretty good support for this though and I have to say that the XRaid-2 is pretty cool. Honestly I think it is a little pricey, especially the jump in price between the different versions of the same device. I would still recommend it though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 5:50 PM PDT

Kingston SSDNow V100 64 GB SATA II 3 GB/s 2.5 inch Solid-State Drive SV100S2/64GZ
2 used & new from $43.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware the rebates..., October 28, 2011
Got mine today was really pleased to find that it included a usb shell and cloning software. I was actually really excited to set it up and surprise my wife by upgrading her laptop. Fortunately I decided to get all the rebate stuff together when I noticed that someone had cut off the UPC from the box. Now this thing was shrink wrapped with a Kingston UPC sticker on the shrink wrap. The shrink wrap was undamaged when I opened it. Now the UPC on the shrink wrap did not match what is required by the rebate form, so I was pretty sure I was not going to have my rebate honored. I talked to Amazon and I am shipping it back. So why one star when I didn't even hook up the device? Well I don't think that this was an "accident" on Kingston's part. In my opinion, they were doing a little sabotage of the rebate process. But even if we go by the old adage "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity", I wasn't going to get that $40 rebate and it wasn't going to be because of anything I did. So 1 star Kingston. Will not buy again.

Sesame Street: Cookie's Counting Carnival - Nintendo DS
Sesame Street: Cookie's Counting Carnival - Nintendo DS
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $9.69
37 used & new from $4.06

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Year old loves it, September 19, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My 3 year old loves this game. His older brother gave him his DSi after upgrading to a 3DS and I purchased this and the Elmo game for him. He gets very excited when get completes the mini games. Of course this is the same kid that will play with the voice recorder on the DSi a half hour without getting bored... Regardless it's fun to here him talking back to the game answering the questions.

Page: 1 | 2